rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

17th November
12 September, 2018 11:14
will be a day to celebrate as it will be Bath's first competitive win of this season!(Sm60)

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

Re: 17th November
12 September, 2018 11:37
Pointless post. We will win a match long before then.

Really have to protect one's enthusiasm from the negativity of others on this forum.

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

12 September, 2018 11:56
Not sure how anyone can find much enthusiasm after the last two seasons of rubbish, and currently sitting in 10th with Sarries away and Exeter at home to come.

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

12 September, 2018 12:16
Quote:
Big Dog
Really have to protect one's enthusiasm from the negativity of others on this forum.

So which one do you predict we will win then?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

12 September, 2018 13:21
Remember Worcester beat Exe at Sandy Park last season and we will be missing quite a few players due to AIs...nothing is a given either in terms of Bath wins or Bath losses IMO.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 12:40
To be honest if I felt that negatively about the team I'd probably find a different way to spend my time. Unless of course I enjoyed the misery it caused me in which case I'd spread the misery by constantly carping on about how bad a team we are.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 13:31
Quote:
Beergoggles
To be honest if I felt that negatively about the team I'd probably find a different way to spend my time. Unless of course I enjoyed the misery it caused me in which case I'd spread the misery by constantly carping on about how bad a team we are.

+1.

Long Term
Long Term (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 13:31
Nick will you stop posting when we do win a game!?(Sm45)

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 13:40
Quote:
Long Term
Nick will you stop posting when we do win a game!?(Sm45)

I doubt it, I hope and want us to win this Sat v Quins. My expectation is somewhat different unfortunately.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 14:25
Quote:
Beergoggles

It’s naive to say that when you support a team you should ditch it when you feel unhappy about their performances. Feeling negative about their chances of winning based on recent performances doesn’t mean you are less committed to the team. You want them to win as much as any supporter but are not willing to put a positive gloss on things just to keep everyone happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2018 14:26 by Bath Hammer.

Long Term
Long Term (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 16:13
yes we get that! but why the need to start threads apropos of nothing to continue the theme, unless to show it hurts/upsets/depresses you the most or crush any residual optimism in the rest of us.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 17:26
Quote:
nick holder
Quote:
Big Dog

So which one do you predict we will win then?

I think we could easily win this weekend. Quins look very up and down (as we are too). Alternatively we could win at home to Northampton who have a new coach, new players in key positions and are again, up and down.

I think we will one of those two games. I probably don't fancy us away to Sarries the week after (because I don't fancy Sarries to lose a single game at home in the Premiership this year) and the following week we have Exeter on a friday night at home which will be a tough one.

The next two games we should certainly be targeting a win (as they will every game regardless ofc) but the Sarries and Exe games I'd be happy to take a point from each given the strength of those two teams compared to the rest of the league.

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

Bath Supporter Jack

13 September, 2018 17:59
I have watched, on TV Quinns and Saints and would say neither strike fear into me if Bath turn up and play!!!

But there's the rub!

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 19:14
Zzz

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 September, 2018 20:42
Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
I have watched, on TV Quinns and Saints and would say neither strike fear into me if Bath turn up and play!!!
But there's the rub!

Both will have been watching Bath against Bris and Glos than thinking that we don’t strike fear into them I suspect. As we keep saying, bar the top 2 any team can beat any other in this league.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 01:32
Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
But there's the rub!

I'm sure a team who hasn't won a game will strike fear in their hearts though.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 08:31
To be fair Saints were outplayed by Gloucester in week 1 and then beat Quins in week 2. We drew with Gloucester (making us of equal level as things stand) and so by the logic of whom has beaten whom so far we should be able to beat both Quins and Saints if we turn up on the day?

Drawn out logic and I am acutely aware that is not how professional sports work but makes sense to me (Sm100)

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 16:49
Crikey, 17th November gets earlier every year. Need to get the Xmas tree out of the garage.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 16:56
(Sm22)

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 17:01
Quote:
nick holder
will be a day to celebrate as it will be Bath's first competitive win of this season!(Sm60)

I'd advise not to start a business as a bookie: stick to the day job!

PG

Bath Bosch
BB (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 20:14
Nick Holder now You’re looking like an idiot! Enjoy supporting a team on your own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 20:16 by BB.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 20:39
Quote:
BathMatt53
Crikey, 17th November gets earlier every year. Need to get the Xmas tree out of the garage.

Yikes, missed my wife's birthday on the 3rd, I am in big trouble.

15 September, 2018 21:40
Nice debating skills there BB but could we have a translation for this bit:"Enjoy supporting a team on your own." ?

Bath Supporter Jack

15 September, 2018 23:08
Mr Holder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

16 September, 2018 08:32
OK so I got it wrong very pleased I did! However, the initial post was a fishing exercise to wind up all the gainsayers and doom mongers on this board. I git a few views and some comments. I also got so PM's from other posters who realised it was all a wind up and thought it was really funny.
Bit dissapointed with the one lot of personal abuse though.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 September, 2018 08:40
I don't understand:

- you 'got it wrong' indicates that you actually thought that we wouldn't win until the 17th November; but
- 'it was all a wind up' indicates that you actually thought that we would win before the 17th November?

Or did you that we wouldn't win until the 17th November but putting it in a post was a wind up?

In terms of really funny, not sure it's up there with these:

[www.theguardian.com]

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

16 September, 2018 08:46
Only one lot of personal abuse Nick, you are lucky.

We all make predictions on what we see and believe will happen but are sometimes surprised snd pleased when events take a different course. Good to read your opinions and hope you continue in a similar vein.

Mind you with Bath's record at the Stoop, that result came as a surprise to many.

Going to make selection interesting next week.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2018 08:49 by Bathovalballer.

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

16 September, 2018 10:12
Quote:
BathMatt53
I don't understand:
- you 'got it wrong' indicates that you actually thought that we wouldn't win until the 17th November; but
- 'it was all a wind up' indicates that you actually thought that we would win before the 17th November?

Or did you that we wouldn't win until the 17th November but putting it in a post was a wind up?

In terms of really funny, not sure it's up there with these:

[www.theguardian.com]

I mean I got it wrong trying to posy a tongue in cheek thread, to many on here take it all a bit too seriously, and go from despair to joy.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

16 September, 2018 10:36
Oh please!

Bath Supporter Jack

16 September, 2018 18:50
Oh I see!

I am afraid that over the years I have felt that on the whole you have been very realistic/pessimistic as to Bath's performances...…..I never realised that it was merely (Sm157)!

As a "bonkers" supporter I think, somehow, Bath are going to win every game! Which as we all know does not always come to pass.

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 16:49
As a continual optimist I feel a little vindicated as I have been sorely wrong when predicting wins for the BBW over the past season or so. We did our best as well to let them back in but 5 points will do me nicely regardless.

Onto Saints at home which is another game I think we can win if we play to our best. Team selection very interesting as BoB says as imo Zach Mercer out performing Faletau at 8 as it stands whilst a couple of others have joined the party as well like Cokanasiga who is finding his feet well!

We are up to 5th in the table and only 6 points behind Exeter (who are top as it stands) which is not that bad given we have only won one game!!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 17:24
Quote:
nick holder
.....the initial post was a fishing exercise to wind up all the gainsayers and doom mongers on this board. ...

Always need a definition of a troll, that seems to fit, thank you Nick! winking smiley

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net