rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
SteveCh
SteveCh (IP Logged)

Team's up
14 September, 2018 11:54
Bath Rugby team to face Harlequins

15 Tom Homer

14 Semesa Rokoduguni

13 Jackson Willison

12 Jamie Roberts

11 Joe Cokanasiga

10 Freddie Burns

9 Max Green

1 Nathan Catt

2 Tom Dunn

3 Henry Thomas

4 Elliott Stooke

5 Luke Charteris (c)

6 Tom Ellis

7 Sam Underhill

8 Zach Mercer

Replacements

16 Jack Walker

17 Jacques van Rooyen

18 Anthony Perenise

19 Charlie Ewels

20 Taulupe Faletau

21 Chris Cook

22 Rhys Priestland

23 Aled Brew

copester
copester (IP Logged)

Re: Team's up
14 September, 2018 11:58
Hope Attwood is being rested???
like the look of the back row, think when the ground gets a bit heavier Toby will be better suited.

adopted player 18/19. Cooper Vuna.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:00
Hmm.. no Attwood, Stooke and Ellis will bring some grunt but would have liked to have seen him somewhere in the 23. (Carrying an injury?)

Faletau on the bench a bit odd. Would have liked to have seen Clark in at 12/13 with Willison to tighten the defence.

Great to see Green given another go! Hopefully Burns and he can manage the game well.

COYB!

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:01
Assume Atters is injured (or maybe homesick for Bouillabaisse ).Joe Coka is one for the future but I wouldn't play him ahead of Aled.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:01
Resting/dropping Attwood and Faletau ... big calls!

Personally, would rather have seen a different centre combination explored - but i guess these things take a while to click, so maybe tomorrow can start to bear a bit of fruit.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:03
.... but also - love that all-English, all young back row!

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:06
I thought that Faletau was pretty quiet for him last week. maybe a bit of a kick

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:08
Quote:
Optimist
Resting/dropping Attwood and Faletau ... big calls!

LC over DA or CE is insane unless they are carrying some sort of issue - Quins will get a boost on the basis of that team news alone IMO.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

nick holder
nick holder (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:08
very strange selection, no Attwood and no reason given for why he is missing and no TF. Another fruitless trip to the stoop

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:12
Interesting selection. But it'd be nice to know what's up with DA.

I suppose with Attwood and Stooke on the field, there is no 'lineout' forward? Given that Saints went well against Quins' lineout last Friday, perhaps we're picking Charteris to really attack them here?

Anyway, I like the team selected. Stooke needs to provide the 'Attwood' but the young backrow is exciting. Faletau off the bench could be a genuine 'finisher'.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:16
Charteris has 74 international caps. I don't see why Quins would get a boost from seeing his name on our team sheet. Him and Stooke seems like a pretty good combo to me.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:22
Can’t wait to watch Zach out sprinting Marcus Smith all over the e Park.

SQUAWK

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:22
The power that Attwood gives us in the forward pack will be missed. Faletau deserved to be “rested” We need much more from him for the bucks we pay him. Although we haven’t quite got the injury problems of previous seasons some of the players who are missing significantly deplete us - Watson, Joseph, Obano, Chudley in particular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2018 12:23 by Bath Hammer.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:30
Quote:
Optimist
Charteris has 74 international caps. I don't see why Quins would get a boost from seeing his name on our team sheet. Him and Stooke seems like a pretty good combo to me.

Bill Beaumont has 7 lions caps too - maybe we should get him in! Joking aside, I'm sure that LC circa 2010 - 2013 would cause some issues, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that the 2018 version will. My fingers are firmly crossed.

Pie-Half
Pie-Half (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:31
Queens

lambert elia collier symons lamb wallace robshaw chisholm
care smith walker tapui marchant earle morris

b. ward marler swainston south bothman mulchrone lang lasike

Pie-Half
Pie-Half (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:32
Queens

Andy Goode's body double.

Bring back rucking and speed up the game. Simples, for rucks sake.

Anyone.But.Tiggers.

Charlie Ewels - Adopted player 2018/19
Levi Douglas - Adopted player 2017/18
Tom Homer - Adopted player 2016/17

Pie-Half
Pie-Half (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:34
Quote:
Pie-Half
Queens

I know we struggle at the stoop generally, but if we cant beat that team , then we might as well pack up now. in a combined team, i would only have 9/10 from their side

Andy Goode's body double.

Bring back rucking and speed up the game. Simples, for rucks sake.

Anyone.But.Tiggers.

Charlie Ewels - Adopted player 2018/19
Levi Douglas - Adopted player 2017/18
Tom Homer - Adopted player 2016/17

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:38
Chisholm has been excellent the last 2 weeks considering the result against Saints.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:39
I only hope Atters is being rested and not injured again!

We really do need his physicality which he displayed in spades at Bristol and against Glaws and I fear for the pack, scrum and front row will suffer without him. Just when we needed him for a win.

Faletau should be playing in view of what we are paying him as yes I do like the back row but they are all relatively young and inexperienced. Hopefully Ellis will bring some much needed grunt and arm wrestling to the fore. See Quins are at their strongest in the back row, if not as fast, they are a very good unit.

Glad Freddie and Green are paired again, and hope Roberts can provide some go forward and him and Willison, passing to our two potentially match winning wings who have rarely been given the ball in space this season. The Quins wings have real pace.

With no Attwood, I cannot see us win. Charteris hasn't played for some time and has never impressed in the B B & W. We are going to get beaten up front and loose by more than 10, possibly 15.

Ah well. Always next week.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:43
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't start LC and frankly think we could use his salary elsewhere.

That being said he is probably one of the best in the prem and disrupting opposition mauls legally. Those long arms cause havoc which does reduce set piece threat.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:46
Quote:
BathBurger
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't start LC and frankly think we could use his salary elsewhere.
That being said he is probably one of the best in the prem and disrupting opposition mauls legally. Those long arms cause havoc which does reduce set piece threat.

Was one of the best. I haven't seen him do that in years tbh. It is what it is, he needs a stormer to justify his place so that's his incentive.

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 12:53
No suggestion DA is injured expect he is being given a rest - Charlie Ewels still coming back from injury not quite ready to start, MG out injured - TF also being given a bit of a rest I expect as well as a bit of a reality check for him...suprised Paul Grsnt not making at least the bemch.

Not too worried in terms of team - note Quins have Marler on the bench - DOR's are acutely aware of looking after key players - no disrespect to Quins but perhaps the coaches do not see Quins as such a forward dominated threat - more threat from their back line.

Hopefully we csn pull off a spectacukar victory - Matt Carley refereeing.

come in Bath...

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 13:12
Will be there at the Stoop so really excited and the Quins looked great at home against Sale so really hoping its the team that played the 2nd half against Glaws that runs out tomorrow

Anyone know the best pubs nearest the ground?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 13:13
Auterac pushing on there I see. With Marler coming back and Boyce available too I can't see how he is going to get much game time?

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 13:39
According to the Chron, Attwood is being rested.

Chron

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 13:41
Mercer is in better form than Felatau.

Actually i don't think Atwood had been offering the same kind of physicality as before. Maybe because he's s stone lighter, i don't know. Still a cracking player, obvs.
Charteris and Stooke is hardly a bad combo though.

Know what people mean by our back row looking a lighter than theirs. Hopefully our mobility and skill (it's in there somewhere.....) will come to the fore.

Also, if JR gets his sh*t together he can make dents in anything. Just needs timing.

Looking again, our replacement 5 forwards look very tasty indeed. Looking forward to a good 2nd half!!!

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

SJS
SJS (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 13:47
Althoughg it's not flashy work, LC often has a big influence in mauls - his Mr Tickle arms getting on the ball quickly and slowing the opposition down. If he's paired with someone who's a bruiser (Stooke, Atters etc) then I think it can work, albeit IMO he is past his best.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 14:12
"LC often has a big influence in mauls"

I've seen this for Wales and occasionally for us, but not really enough to justify his place/reputation.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 14:16
Quote:
DanWiley
"LC often has a big influence in mauls"
I've seen this for Wales and occasionally for us, but not really enough to justify his place/reputation.

My issue is that when he carries he gets whacked because he is so slow / tall and gives us back-foot ball as a result - he is the anti-Attwood in that regard. If they were resting Attwood and Ewels isn't ready, I would have played Levi Douglas due to his athleticism and aggression, particularly with Ellis at 6 giving us another decent lineout option.

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 14:48
Well I didn't see that coming. Charteris is hugely experienced but as he's not a frequent (never mind regular) starter I had not factored him into Captaincy thinking.

Still, we did well IIRC with Him as skipper in one match last year (can't remember which) so maybe the players respond to him?

I suspect we will need Ewels fairly early though.

PG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2018 17:26 by P G Tips.

SJS
SJS (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 14:51
Quote:
I've seen this for Wales and occasionally for us, but not really enough to justify his place/reputation

Yes, perhaps I should have prefaced that by saying that when he plays...

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 15:50
Quote:
P G Tips

Still, we did well IIRC with Homs a skipper in one match last year (can't remember which) so maybe the players respond to him?

PG

Your mind is playing tricks on you PG, it was this match:

[www.bathrugby.com]

[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

Note that:

- it was at the Stoop; and
- it din't go well.

He did captain the AW side against Newcastle at the Rec, which went better.

[www.bathrugby.com]

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 17:29
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
P G Tips

Still, we did well IIRC with Homs a skipper in one match last year (can't remember which) so maybe the players respond to him?

PG

Your mind is playing tricks on you PG, it was this match:

[www.bathrugby.com]

[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

Note that:

- it was at the Stoop; and
- it din't go well.

He did captain the AW side against Newcastle at the Rec, which went better.

[www.bathrugby.com]

It's not Matt.

I was not at the Stoop -it was the AW at home.

"Well" I admit is an exaggeration -it was OK, but we won in grim conditions having been behind. A game won by character, rather than skill - which may explain his selection as Captain for tomorrow.

PG

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 18:11
Yes, I remember LC standing mute under the posts by the terraces after they had conceded whilst Stooke shouted at the team and told them to get their R-ses in gear.

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 19:00
Interesting Pat Lam asked about poaching JJ to Bristol - not denied stated targets ongoing with a smile on his face. Watch this space would hope JJ will stay but loyalty out of the window in this professional game.

Do not think we are currently in a position to allow a player of JJ's class to walk away and potentially if you believe the rumours Watson as well.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 19:04
Agree - thought he would have denied it but his smirk indicated that they are interested, and why wouldn’t they be?

archie10
archie10 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 19:08
Apart from Money, what have we to offer them, not challenging for honours. not showing progression year on year,

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 20:23
Joseph has been wasted at Bath for years, no idea why he would want to stay.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 20:27
Watching that line that Banners took towards the line tonight I wonder even more why we didn’t keep him and play him at 12 instead of getting JR on board. Ho hum.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 20:32
Why would he want to go to briz though? I'm not sure it's a great idea for briz either. They should invest in spreading depth and quality throughout their squad. Buying in an out of form lion doesn't seem to succeed achieve that. More like boom and bust for them again.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 20:49
Quote:
DanWiley
Why would he want to go to briz though?

Better coaching, club appears to have a plan therefore better long term prospects of winning a trophy.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 21:41
Got no problem with Lam or any other coach sniffing around our players - up to the club to make sure thd right players dont leave

MESSAGES->author

14 September, 2018 22:31
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
DanWiley
Why would he want to go to briz though?

Better coaching, club appears to have a plan therefore better long term prospects of winning a trophy.

If the Bristol performance vs Glos promoted better coaching than Bath RFC then you really are doomed.
Inept and deluded are the words that spring to mind. Throwing the egg about, with no fear in the Championship may work with quality players but it simply won't in the prem.

Ta ta, Briss

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 08:19
'Better coaching, club appears to have a plan therefore better long term prospects of winning a trophy."

Coaching set ups change, if be surprised if ours didn't several times before briz win anything, look how patient exe were to get in the position they are in now. I think that was key to their success.

My point is that by if their plan is to buy in a small number of lions rather than invest across the squad then their plan is no better than ours.

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 08:27
Sorry Guys & Girls, do not want to open old wounds - Banners - TB wanted to keep him at all costs but TM in sole charge of recruitment and re-contract and had the final say and the rest is history - caused such a rift that almost tore our club apart and caused such trust damage between playing side and senior management . I have to say I am fed up with the criticism of our coaches - world class and respected and still not good enough - TB & GD especially are world respected both as players and coaches any failures at some point we need to look at our club and the role both BC & TM play - look at our recent past coaches - MFoley, SM, IMG, GG, MF now TB all highly respected and proven coaches who have triumphed at their previous jobs - and other than one season nothing. All these coaches are or were top of their game so what has gone wrong - all overseen by BC and latterly TM. We cannot keep blaming the coaches, the players and definitely the CEO and Owner have to take huge blame. You only have to look at Exe to see DoR and CEO celebrating together and standing together - when did you last see TM down with TB and the players - not that he would be that welcome. Sad but true.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 09:21
I also get fed up with blaming BC & TM. There’s absolutely no evidence for that & I’m certain that the decision not to offer a sufficiently high contract to MB was all down to TM. Even if it was decisions like that have to be made as budgetary needs have to be met. It was clearly the wrong decision but not something to tear the club apart.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 09:25
I must say that I am “insanely” worried about today’s game because we HAVE to win it to gain any traction going forward but I just keep dreaming about fast running Quins running though gaps & gaining a 3 try lead! I can’t get the image out of my head. It has to be extinguished.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 09:27
Quote:
Ali1969
I have to say I am fed up with the criticism of our coaches - world class and respected and still not good enough

And I'm fed up of pretty much every team we come across looking in better shape than us. Oh and Blackadder, Booth, Edwards and Hooper are in no way world class.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 10:05
Certainly Booth, Edwards and now Hooper have been here long enough to know what our strengths and weaknesses are but still we see absolutely no visible continuous improvement. In fact the complete opposite whilst other sides like Newcastle and Sale have improved dramatically without any of the cash incentives, or superb training facilities we are able to offer. I honestly believe it is not Todd's fault although he seems to carry the can, and it is much deeper rooted in the way the club is run with no consistent direction on how to achieve top honours. You have to ask why that is?

Booth, Edwards and Hooper are not World class in my view. Girvan has only just arrived so cannot make any judgement yet on his abilities. Again I sincerely hope he thrived.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 10:05
The evidence against tb is fairly clear, we're not playing well and haven't done at any point whilst he's been in charge. That buck should stop with him.

However, there is evidence that something isn't right at a higher level at the club. We've under performed across a range of coaches, many of whom if not world class, are good. That is evidence of something being wrong at a higher level. For me our recruitment policy seems inconsistent and throws up an odd combination of practical, continual squad development and occasional knee jerk acquisitions of shiny players that don't seem to match our needs. That schizophrenia smacks of me of influence at a higher level.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 10:24
Quote:
DanWiley
The evidence against tb is fairly clear, we're not playing well and haven't done at any point whilst he's been in charge. That buck should stop with him.
However, there is evidence that something isn't right at a higher level at the club. We've under performed across a range of coaches, many of whom if not world class, are good. That is evidence of something being wrong at a higher level. For me our recruitment policy seems inconsistent and throws up an odd combination of practical, continual squad development and occasional knee jerk acquisitions of shiny players that don't seem to match our needs. That schizophrenia smacks of me of influence at a higher level.

If you are correct about higher level problems then we are screwed as BC and TM aren't going anywhere.

Expect TB to carry the can within the next few weeks and a number of senior players not renewing their contracts at the end of the season.

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 10:31
Bath Hammer - the evidence in relation to TM & BC and potential meddling in the coaches and playing role is documented in both local and national media last season. The players I know and back room staff have vented their frustrations but I am not going there and their comments to me were made in private and that is where they remain.

The simple fact is Bath rugby have publicly stated that TM was in charge of player negotiations and contracts so when your DoR publicly states he wants to keep certain players Banners and BT being prime examples and then they are let go, you tell me who is responsible.

I am not hiding the fact and have said I am not a fan of TM in his current role, personally I feel he has no empathy or connection to the playing side - but that is my personal opinion and precisely that personal. BC on the other hand I am hugely grateful a lifelong fan investing huge personal finance into his club that is commitment.

I hope BT does not hurt us like Banners last week. I will be supporting the team all the way and the coaches.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 10:38 by Ali1969.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 10:36
If we win convincingly today a lot of this will be put to bed which is why it is so important. If the players don’t turn up for this we might assume something is wrong. I keep coming back in my mind to that friendly against Scarlets. We were brilliant on that day & there was no hint of unrest, lack of commitment or unpreparedness which makes me sceptical about some of these horror stories.

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 10:45
I am sure that TB will carry the can - all I will say is that the conveyor belt of world class/top coaches will dry up - there is no coincidence that all the coaches who have come to our great club have failed - DanWiley makes a great point we have lost our roots - our DNA now there are 4 Premiership Clubs in the South West - who offers the best chances for local talent - bearing in mind we have lost OD and TW to Exeter already, Banners to Glos and potentially JJ to Bristol the latter being a rumour.

One thing we all have in common is our passion and desire for our great club to compete at the highest level and take us back to the glory days.

Come on Bath

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 10:54
Coming back to the match, Springbok Captain Kolisi's words after today's win over the ABs in Wellington are ones the squad should take to heart.

I paraphrase:

"What was different? Our effort and belief. Our coaches didn't panic, we trusted our systems.We didn't plan or do much different just concentration and effort and self belief."

If Bath can stick to and repeat the mindset of the Scarlets match and execute the plan properly, there is every reason to expect a win.

P G Tips

Alex Davies: my adopted Player, 2018-19.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 10:59
Quote:
Bath Hammer
If we win convincingly today a lot of this will be put to bed which is why it is so important.

It really shouldn't. One win doesn't suddenly make everything great again. We've gotten one off wins in the past, they've meant nothing. Let's see if this team can string TWO good performances together, let alone 5 or 6 like good teams can.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 12:31
"If you are correct about higher level problems then we are screwed as BC and TM aren't going anywhere. "

I agree about BC, IF he's having too much influence then our best hope is he can learn not to. TM came and could go pretty quickly I'd have thought.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 14:34
Quote:
DanWiley

Agree, I seem to remember things much the same generally when A Brownsword owned the club.(Sm128)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 14:44
J Roberts to score today !

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 14:56
Good shout!

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 14:57
Quote:
Old Bath Tub

Spot on !! (Sm128)

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 14:57
Got the Lottery numbers for tonight, OBT?

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 14:59
Quote:
Old Bath Tub

Wouldn't he have to keep hold of the ball to do that?

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:05
Freddie has cost us 5 points already

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:06
Make that 10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 15:10 by dannyf2.

stephen4944
stephen4944 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:08
Does anybody else think Tapuai knocked on the ball before he made his break? Looked a bit dodgy to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2018 15:08 by stephen4944.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:10
Quote:
dannyf2
Freddie has cost us 5 points already

Plus the intercepted pass ?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:10
looking thin at 15

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:11
Quote:
stephen4944
Does anybody else think Tapuai knocked on the ball before he made his break? Looked a bit dodgy to me.

Yes. Agree.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:13
Mercer magnificent. We've got a future England 8 there.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:15
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
Got the Lottery numbers for tonight, OBT?

Yes thanks ! (Sm128)

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:15
We are a lot better than them. It's in our hands today.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:18
Whatever the result, so far this is a significant improvement.

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:22
Quote:
hasta

Really? We are losing yet again, that's all that really matters.

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 15:29
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
hasta

Really? Which game are you watching?

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:31
Mercer and Stooke having great games.

Unbelievable try from the big man in the corner. Magic!

Barnoid
Barnoid (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:33
Given this seems to have evolved into the match thread I'll add the observation that it seems like we've made more offloads in this first half than we did all of last season. Willison with a few but definitely not only him - the whole team seem to have picked up the ability.

Love it! More please!

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

Anyone really still think Banners would've been better value than big Joe?

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

Cripes! Thought JC had done it again!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:34
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
hasta

+1. Silly intercept but otherwise very good.

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 15:35
HT

15 v 25

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:37
Fowrwards seem to have Quins on a plate. Need to kick on now.

Stuart

Former ed.

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:43
67% possession in first half!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:45
Very clear improvement in our attacking play Mr Dempsey! Could do with a defensive one now!

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://image.ibb.co/maFJzT/darren_atkins_4.jpg

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:52
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
hasta

I'm not watching, have decided not to go to any away games this season. Relying on bbc for updates.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:53
Anyone else prefer perenise to Thomas?

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 15:53
You get more up-to-date news on the game from Radio Bristol than the BBC online rugby page

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 15:55
Bonus point try from JC!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 15:57
Quote:
Mike the Taxi
You get more up-to-date news on the game from Radio Bristol than the BBC online rugby page

ok thanks

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 16:03
Quote:
dannyf2
Anyone else prefer perenise to Thomas?

Defensively yes, about even otherwise I'd say. Thomas carried well today.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 16:06
Thomas has done well. How was that not a yellow for the knock on?

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 16:18
Charteris off for Ewells.
Back 3 changed on 60 minutes?

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 16:25
It's gone a bit mucky.

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 16:27
Chris Cook try!

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 16:31
Disallowed after crowd booing session!

Crossing, from that distance?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 16:32
Brew didn’t need to do that, Cookie was in.

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 16:32
Still 18 v 37

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 16:33
Try ruled out for crossing....very odd!

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://image.ibb.co/maFJzT/darren_atkins_4.jpg

Mike the Taxi

15 September, 2018 16:35
...and Marler scores a try at the other end

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

15 September, 2018 16:35
Complete joke

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net