rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14th - 16th sept matches
14 September, 2018 19:49
Banners turned inside out for that Bris try - which was lovely.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

Re: 14th - 16th sept matches
14 September, 2018 20:59
Well Banners showing every reason why it was right to let him go to Glaws. Very slow on the turn in defence leading to Briz try, hasn't got the pace to get outside his man one on one and some of his passing is shocking at this level

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 September, 2018 21:05
Like Austin said I’m not sure they are using him right.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 September, 2018 15:39
Spencer feels hard done by but a red all day for me - not intended but definitely careless. Hope it doesn’t spoil what’s is a really good contest.

Funny comments on the Tigers board ‘game’s gone soft’...he shouldered the guy to the face! Not deliberately sure. Did he want to hurt him? No of course not. Did he shoulder the guy to the face? Yep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2018 15:46 by BathMatt53.

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

16 September, 2018 15:50
Red card for me. Them’s the laws. Tempest has no option imho.

The ‘games gone soft’ is ridiculous and so boring. G Murphy laughing at the red card is a bit silly too when his player could have seriously hurt someone.

The game is harder and faster and more dangerous than it has ever been and I think the laws and referrees have a near impossible task keeping players safe. Red cards might become more frequent - but hopefully it’ll change behaviours and keep the lads safer.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 September, 2018 15:55
They have 2 options - rigorously police the laws intended to protect the head or continue with loads of head injuries. Annoying for Spencer and Tigers etc but as theit say, letter of the law.

Kay commenting on it as Director of Tigers doesn’t do any favours - he should hold his Counsel on this one IMO.

copester
copester (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 10:19
understand the Kay involvement but i think hes the most grounded and fair pundit that BT have. He seems to give us a fair shout(unlike dallaglio and Monye). For a Tigger thats pretty impressive. As for the tackle, for me it was red.

adopted player 18/19. Cooper Vuna.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 12:06
Various players defending Spencer - including our Fred - and talking about the game going soft. For me the players need protecting from themselves - they're young and gung-ho - but a lot of them are going to have some pretty grim times after the rugby finishes. The clear-out has to be properly addressed too.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 13:18
I think the problem is that there's contact like this multiple times throughout a game - and the refereeing is inconsistent, e.g.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnS7vOKW0AEzW1l.jpg

by
by (IP Logged)

17 September, 2018 13:18
On a similar note, as picked up by Ben Ryan, if they truly care about player safety then they need to start enforcing the ruck laws correctly.

[twitter.com]

This could have easily resulted in a broken leg or snapped ligament.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

18 September, 2018 05:19
Certainly the tackle and neck roll on Stooke looked highly questionable but certainly Mr Kruis shoulder to the head of I think it is Waller on the ground looked a clear penalty if not more to me.

I agree with the Twitter posters, we should go back to rucking as the original rules of the game required not allowing any handling at the breakdown when the ball was on the ground. Any stamping would show up on video cameras and players would soon learn not to lie on the ground around the breakdown.

But again differing refs interpret or ignore the laws differently. I thought Carley had a decent game on Saturday and I am no fan of his unempathetic style of reffing.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

guernseyfan
guernseyfan (IP Logged)

18 September, 2018 11:23
Praise where it's due, Carley had an excellent game on Saturday and has started to talk to the players. You can always argue about a couple of decisions but he got most of it right.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

18 September, 2018 17:25
Slightly diverting this thread to include the Argentina victory over Australia - because it's a bit early to start RWC 2019 threads. But ... am i the only one who is thinking one-off losses for England against France and Argentina are very far from the realms of impossibility.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

19 September, 2018 07:35
4 weeks for Spencer.

Panel chair Euan Ambrose said: "The panel found on the balance of probabilities that this was a reckless tackle that resulted in direct, forceful contact to the head of Tommy Taylor.

"The panel rejected the player's evidence that any contact with the opposition player had been limited to the top of his shoulder with no contact being made to his head."

He added that the mid-range sanction took into account Spencer's "previous clear record, his conduct both at the hearing and his acceptance of the on-field decision and his off-field references".

Not sure how Spencer could have thought that they would accept no contact with the head - the video was pretty clear I thought?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net