rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

Rokoduguni signs a new long-term contract with Bath
10 October, 2018 10:56
Great News
[www.bathrugby.com]

SteveCh
SteveCh (IP Logged)

Re: Rokoduguni signs a new long-term contract with Bath
10 October, 2018 11:00
Does 'long term' equate to 3 years or a Banners type 'long term' of 5 years? Money must be on 3 years - still excellent new, whether 3 or 5 and another poke in the eye for the nay sayers!

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 11:01
Brilliant news. First name on the team sheet for me. Well done Roko.

I just hope we see a back 3 of JC, Roko and Watson at some point this season.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 11:12
Awesome news - the thought of him anywhere else brought a tear to the eye. He also came to top class rugby quite late so should still be tearing it up at 33 / 34 I would have thought.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

ShortyinBurnham
ShortyinBurnham (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 11:24
Excellent news! Amazing player, and a match winner!

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 11:25
Interestingly the report on his new contract in the Chron goes on to say that there are 19 other members of the senior squad whose contracts are currently due to end next summer, including Jonathan Joseph, Anthony Watson, Francois Louw, Dave Attwood, Charlie Ewels, Luke Charteris and Chris Cook.

I think Charteris will be at the end of his playing career but wonder how it will play out for Chris Cook and Francois. We definitely need the other four to resign IMHO.

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 11:32
Excellent news!!!! Hope to see a few more sign on asap.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 11:40
Quote:
VinceJ
Interestingly the report on his new contract in the Chron goes on to say that there are 19 other members of the senior squad whose contracts are currently due to end next summer, including Jonathan Joseph, Anthony Watson, Francois Louw, Dave Attwood, Charlie Ewels, Luke Charteris and Chris Cook.
I think Charteris will be at the end of his playing career but wonder how it will play out for Chris Cook and Francois. We definitely need the other four to resign IMHO.

Re-sign?

All depends on their other offers, which will be eye-watering in a couple of those cases.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 12:09
I've wondered how this works re army? Anyone know, I assume that if and when he retires from rugby he returns to the army?

Does he get a proper salary from Bath, does he still get the army salary? I guess he is still working towards army pension etc.?

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 12:15
Fabulous news, well done Roko. Really cheered everyone up. Class player and class bloke. And as he is my man this season, his tying himself to Bath makes it very special.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 13:50
Quote:
dr.bath1865
Brilliant news. First name on the team sheet for me. Well done Roko.
I just hope we see a back 3 of JC, Roko and Watson at some point this season.

My thoughts exactly.

Nice one Roko

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 14:05
I thought there was bad vibes in the camp - why would anyone re-sign?

Danchinho
Danchinho (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 14:16
Quote:
hemington

Who said there was bad vibes?

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

MESSAGES->author
Clarkey3k (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 14:30
Hoo-bl00dy-ray, just the job...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 14:44
Great news. I think he has more than re-paid us for the work that was put in to turning him into a professional player initially at this point. This should therefore quell some of those suggesting there are bad vibes in the camp!

If that were true I imagine there would be a number of teams in the Prem and France who would have thrown big £££ at him given his X Factor abilities and this may not have happened. Really pleased he'll be staying with us though!

Congrats Roko and chuffed you're staying onboard!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 16:02
Quote:
Danchinho
Quote:
hemington

Who said there was bad vibes?

This is the mention of the team having "bad vibes"

Quote:
Deckchair
Our biggest weakness? I just have an inkling that it might be what use to be called our "team spirit". I just get the impression, imagined or not, that the team just don't seem to like each other very much, and certainly not in the way that encourages do or die for your team mates or keeps you going to the bitter end of 80 minutes of challenging rugby. I don't get the feel that there are many best mates in the squad or that respect and admiration pulses hot through the Rec and Farleigh veins.

Back to the thread, well done Roko!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 16:38
I did have my tongue firmly planted in my cheek but there was a whole thread a few weeks ago when all sorts of garbage was being trotted out about the spirit in the camp - even TB had to deny it. Well since than both Zach and Roko have signed which must mean something unless they both like working in a caustic workplace.
Well done Zach & Roko - look forward to cheering you onwards and upwards.

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 18:08
Hero.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

10 October, 2018 20:37
Quote:
woodpecker
I've wondered how this works re army? Anyone know, I assume that if and when he retires from rugby he returns to the army?
Does he get a proper salary from Bath, does he still get the army salary? I guess he is still working towards army pension etc.?

Roko will still get his full military pay. As a L/Cpl about £25-30K I would think. The Army remains his primary employer and permits him to take a full contract with Bath.

There will be a number of strict conditions. He is still subject to military discipline, he must be made available for certain Service Rugby games and he must pass his standard annual military tests (fitness, shooting, first aid, NBC etc) in other words he must still be able to take his place as a soldier. He will be on the strength of a military unit, I believe one in Warminster, so a foreign club would be almost impossible.

Roko’s value to the Army is in PR/Recruiting. Most would agree he is an excellent role model so for £30K he is value for money.

He will probably have signed on for 22 years with a get out option every three. The draw-back for him is that he is almost impossible to promote because he will lack the military experience to qualify him for the next rank. If he serves 22 years he will receive a military pension just as others do, but there will be very few L/Cpls as old as him. Some may remember Chris Budgen of Saints and Ex as a similar example.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 09:35
One very good decision by both parties on all counts.

p.s. Re. his chances of promotion, in 22 years time who knows where the world will be?? How many of his peer group will still be in the Army by that date?

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 10:56
Well done the club and Roko. Delighted to have the premiership's most lethal weapon in the BBW. Comes across as a nice guy too.

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

11 October, 2018 14:56
He is BG, lovely bloke who will talk to anyone, even me.

I know it is the luck of the drawer but I couldn't have a better adopted player both on and off the pitch.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net