rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

Apology from Freddie
13 October, 2018 15:34
Love this sport for the highs and the lows. Today was an ultimate low and a mistake Iíll learn from. Iíll continue to give my best as I always do. Lastly just apologies to the boys and the supporters for the mistake. Iíll bounce back... thanks for the support 👍🏼

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

Re: Apology from Freddie
13 October, 2018 15:40
Less social media. More learning not to be a liability each week.

Now how about the more important apology from the rest of the team for playing like drains week after week. Season after season.

Judging from the empty seats for a big European game on a Saturday afternoon it seems our once loyal support has finally start to give up. Canít blame them for not wanting to pay to watch anti-rugby.

As THRILLING as watching us attack static like headless chickens and lose the ball after two (at best) passes every single time.

Club needs a reboot. And we need a decent 10.

terracehugger
terracehugger (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 15:47
Quote:
ballsout
Less social media. More learning not to be a liability each week.
Now how about the more important apology from the rest of the team for playing like drains week after week. Season after season.

Judging from the empty seats for a big European game on a Saturday afternoon it seems our once loyal support has finally start to give up. Canít blame them for not wanting to pay to watch anti-rugby.

As THRILLING as watching us attack static like headless chickens and lose the ball after two (at best) passes every single time.

Club needs a reboot. And we need a decent 10.

+1. Also plus 1,3,9 and 12

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 15:55
How about fining them all their weekly salaries and pay them to a deserving disability charity. We were dross and then Freddie just compounded a B awful performance. Cannot believe this can continue any more and certainly the missing 2,000+confirmed what us regular supporters can see happening to our once proud rugby club.

No doubt the message will be all about learning lessons, one or two errors, and usual garbage trotted out. How about we are rubbish and getting worse and haven't a clue or the inclination to do anything about our increasing decline. Never mind chaps, see you at the Spa....

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

40 Mile
40 Mile (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 16:17
Freddie makes mistakes and is a bit maverick which looks great when it works but today was bizarre. European cup game, winning try opportunity, just put the ball down!! Freddie will be rueing that mistake for sometime but it clearly doesn't change the result.

Toulouse were OK but not brilliant and didn't beat us as we handed them the win. We didn't take the easier points on offer after doing all the hard work although their 14 was particularly lively.

Re attendance. Our tickets are in the East stand on the 5m line near the screen where there is normally a really good number of away fans irrespective of club. I can't help thinking yesterdays weather must have scuppered some travel plans into the UK and probably answers why I could only see 5 or 6 Toulouse fans. No doubt our numbers may be down but it was made to look worse by the non arrival of many away fans

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 16:41
Hmm. With a risk of sounding like BoB (I eagerly await his assessment of this afternoon's display!) if we don't sanction him, we have gone a bit soft haven't we? The culture of 'oh never mind - just completely f*** up it doesn't matter' isn't really a winning culture is it? I mean, he will be forgiven, but this is a results driven business.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 16:43
Feddie was clearly distraught at his stupidity, BUT these are well paid professionals who need to get it into their skulls that you NEVER celebrate before you've scored. Dive to score like the Aussie backs do, NEVER take a chance.

Yet another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, and a losing habit develops further.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 16:51
I thought that we had learned the "never celebrate before you've scored" from the Sam Vesty debacle a few seasons back.
Isn't it what the Under 8's learn right from the start.

FB has no way out - totally unprofessional and unacceptable - he should grovel to his team-mates.

badger1664
badger1664 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:17
But for the fact I had important work today I would have bought my tickets , travelled from Southampton and be rewarded with that debacle . Burns is a bloody liability and his ‚Äėapology‚Äô is meaningless . As for the team ? I can barely find words ūüė°

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 16:58
What is frustrating is that it is not as though he was sprinting and unlikely to be caught, he was barely jogging and at that level should have expected that anyone could be lurking just behind him.

As for 'punishment', I am not in favour of that as such, but if you had to do something I think you have to make a positive out of it, for example extra community work at the RUH after training, something that puts his anguish into perspective and does some good for those who are less fortunate.

I would like to think he will get plenty of banter from his team mates, that should help him too. You can't turn the clock back.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:02
"I eagerly await his assessment of this afternoon's display"

Did you not read it yesterday?

Ali1969
Ali1969 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:02
Personally I donít blame Freddie for the defeat - it takes a lot of courage to publicly come out and apologise Well Done Freddie, we have all done stupid things seem to remember Sam
Vesty doing the same. Just want to say you only had to look at Freddieís face to see what it meant to him.

We need to get behind him and help him put this behind him and hopefully he will hit back with a vengeance.

DC22
DC22 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:11
Quote:
Ali1969
Personally I donít blame Freddie for the defeat - it takes a lot of courage to publicly come out and apologise Well Done Freddie, we have all done stupid things seem to remember Sam
Vesty doing the same. Just want to say you only had to look at Freddieís face to see what it meant to him.

We need to get behind him and help him put this behind him and hopefully he will hit back with a vengeance.

+1

ilovebathtime
ilovebathtime (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:11
He did look distraught. I thougt it took too long for one of the players to go up to him after he went off. Eventually Chatteris did, but someone should have put an arm round him straight away.

This is freddie's job and he can't go in tomorrow and make it right. I'm sure he will be dwelling on this until he next plays. He has to be given the chance to put it right. The longer he dwells on it the worse it will be for his confidence.

The mistake will undoubtedly gloss over the hopeless second half performance. That worries me more than a stupid individual mistake.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:12
Hooper is the problem.
I really donít see how you can annoint deity without any evidence of the miraculous ( he has been here for about 300 years).
Forget the characters change the landscape.

SQUAWK

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:29
Anyone blaming Freddie for the loss needs their eyes examined.

Our habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is getting comical. Iím really losing interest in this club. Itís a shambles from top to bottom. The same brain dead play week after week whilst offering almost nothing to get you out of your seat.

Bathovalballer

13 October, 2018 17:32
I don't believe in all this nambie pambie forgiveness rot. Give him a beasting and make it really hurt, in his pocket to start with. It might serve as a notice to the rest of the dullards what his actions mean to the side let alone the loss of potential revenue to the club. It just shows to me that they really do not care what happens and the effects it has on the club, his team mates and the ever suffering supporters.

However, he is not the only one who should hang his head in shame. Apart from Louw, and possibly Mercer, who appeared to be playing them on his/their own, the rest were pretty woeful most of the game. Our defence and tackling has gone walkabout, and until Underhill started to take the ball on the run, we had little penetration in attack, and they were able to defend with ease with us posing no problems at all. When are we ever going to see a Bath side motivated and really wanting to play and get stuck in again? If we cannot get ourselves up for a home Euro Cup game against a top French side and give us a good start, we might as well go back to the Spa right now.

Also don't forget, most of this side are rested, having only played one game 8 days ago? That worked well don't you think?

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:39
Quote:
Bathovalballer
I don't believe in all this nambie pambie forgiveness rot. Give him a beasting and make it really hurt, in his pocket to start with. It might serve as a notice to the rest of the dullards what his actions mean to the side let alone the loss of potential revenue to the club. It just shows to me that they really do not care what happens and the effects it has on the club, his team mates and the ever suffering supporters.
However, he is not the only one who should hang his head in shame. Apart from Louw, and possibly Mercer, who appeared to be playing them on his/their own, the rest were pretty woeful most of the game. Our defence and tackling has gone walkabout, and until Underhill started to take the ball on the run, we had little penetration in attack, and they were able to defend with ease with us posing no problems at all. When are we ever going to see a Bath side motivated and really wanting to play and get stuck in again? If we cannot get ourselves up for a home Euro Cup game against a top French side and give us a good start, we might as well go back to the Spa right now.

Also don't forget, most of this side are rested, having only played one game 8 days ago? That worked well don't you think?

Thereís nothing more idiotic on a message board than a grown man suggesting players donít get paid for a week, after a poor performance. Thatís twice on this thread.

Burns was terrible. His apology was a bit generic and half hearted and heíll be on Instagram in an hour or two lording his social media profile as usual. But to say he shouldnít be paid is just dumb.

by
by (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:39
Had Freddie scored that it would have been a good victory. Going to be tough getting out of the pool now, Iím sure the players canít wait for next weekend to prove themselves

John Tee
John Tee (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:41
You can be displeased and disapproving but the guy plays for you next week... ( in that you aren't going to sack him) and he is a confidence player at the best of times so I don't see how slaughtering himor throwing his apology back in his face on social media is really going to help him.
You could see how distraught he was.
Its gone and you might need him in other games.
Best you back him..

Some rugby 'fans' don't make much sense to me and neither does crucifing someone who will be well aware of his actions and the consequences and I'm sure a few professional people at the club will talk to him.
This trial by social media is a bit tacky and of course that is what forums are about, but I think some of the posts here are over the top.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 17:48
Quote:
by
Had Freddie scored that it would have been a good victory.

No it wouldnít have been.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:02
Quote:
Bathovalballer

I would be amazed if you actually have any idea what actual sufferening is. Talk about Ďfirst world problemsí. You really are a huge end of a bell.

Did he screw up? Obviously. Did he kill anyone / start a work war / bring on the end of days? No.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:05
Quote:
Bathovalballer

Go watch the footage you ignorant moron. Feddie was absolutely distraught and that was clear for anyone not blind to see on the footage. That's why he was hooked from the game as his head had gone. Then look at the footage of him on the sideline - almost in tears, hanging his head in shame and embarassment at having let everyone down, and the same at the end of match huddle.

You just don't have a clue do you.

ghost
ghost (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:08
1. Medard's work was exceptional. The ball was knocked out of FB's hands, he didn't drop it.

2. the "showboating" was one kiss blown to the crowd and had no effect on the non-try.

3. Why didn't anyone shout "Man on"?

4. Substituting FB immediately...? Smacked of punishment and doesn't sit well with me.

5. The penalty miss was truly awful.

6. BoB's increasingly spittle-flecked contributions tell their own story.

7. I think I'm going to have to give this site a bit of a rest but...

8. at the moment there's only one fly-half at the club who gives us any chance at all in attack. And it isn't RP

ken_jnr
ken_jnr (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:14
RP hasnít really impressed me on the pitch but his post match interviews have the last two weeks. He comes across as livid and genuinely understanding the shortcomings in the performances. I would also say that he is as much at fault as anyone for doing stupid things that ruin our momentum, but at least heís calling a spade a spade.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:19
Did Rhys kick the ball dead from a restart? If so I think thatís the first time I have seen that. Always good to try new things...

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:20
That really was a very ordinary game of rugby - Toulouse must barely believe that they could play so badly and come away with a win. They were very average - but our lack of ability to recognise pivotal moments and come up with the right decision or play is dreadful. For me, Freddie was one of our better players until his forgettable few minutes at the end. He took his try brilliantly, he kicked well in difficult conditions, did his duties at full-back and offered just as much as a receiver as Priestland. If any one one player p1ssed me off it was RP.

Bath's most horrible moments:

1. the decision to go for goal on 38 minutes. That kick was never, ever going to go over. Toulouse had just gone down to 14. Even if we'd gone to the corner and it had gone wrong, it's almost unthinkable they could have attacked from their own line in the last minute of the half.

2. just after we scored 2 tries - with a passage of coherent plays prompted by Dave Attwood's hard yards charge - we had a lineout in their half. It was absolutely the perfect moment to turn the screw a bit with a safe throw, a few shunts from the forwards and then some hits up the middle. Don't know whether it was Dunn's throw, the call, the lifters or the jumpers, but that one simply had to stick. Unforgivable and allowed them to recompose themselves.

3. in no particular order - Attwood getting stripped of the ball at the end; Priestland's simple knock-on early on; Charteris fumble; almost everything Roko did until his break at the end; a number of other ridiculously fluffed lineouts including Walker's first dart.

Two other points - we didn't drive a single lineout - every one (that we caught) went wide quickly. Even after Roberts went off and we didn't have a gain-line guy in midfield. And the number of times Priestland got the ball, looked for a pass and decided to have a dart instead. Can he not pick passes? Or are there no runners for him to hit? Do our forwards not get round the corner quick enough to increase his options? Do the outside backs not hit lines?

I seriously hope that Blackadder throws Freddie back in at 10 next week - because RP has done nothing to convince me he's the better option, and the only way for Burns is back on the horse. But there are simply too many problems with the team's rugby nous for it to be fixed by selection.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:30
Quote:
ballsout
Our habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is getting comical. Iím really losing interest in this club. Itís a shambles from top to bottom. The same brain dead play week after week whilst offering almost nothing to get you out of your seat.

That is absolute nonsense. Of course we failed to win because Freddie both missed a penalty in front of the posts & failed to ground the ball before celebrating. It is a fact & he knows it better than anyone else. That was totally unprofessional. Do we crucify him for it. Of course we donít but donít pretend that wasnít the major reason we didnít win. The ridiculous hyperbole you utter about the club is ludicrous. I have just watched the game back & there was a lot wrong with our performance & there have been too many performances like it but that doesnít makeb the club a ďshambles from top to bottomĒ We should & would normally have ended up beating a Toulouse side stuffed with top notch players & who are 6th in the Top 14. That wouldnít have been too shabby. Yes, we could & should have played better. I jotted down 11 unforced errors from us & about 3 from them. We messed up 4 of our own line outs & FB missed 3 out of 7 penalty attempts. None of that is good & needs sorting out but the fact is we should have won. We were not outplayed. Your ridiculous exaggeration destroys sensible discussion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 18:31 by Bath Hammer.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:32
Best fly half?
Josh Lewis, but apparently not good enough.

HOP

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:32
I was right behind and yelling man on and get it down for all I was worth. So was Willison from what I could see. Donít understand trying to get under the post from approximately 2 metres to the right. Perhaps it was clouded by his recent penalty miss.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:35
I was one of a few calling for Cipriani to get a contract (he wanted to join Bath), really wish we'd pulled the trigger instead of muddle on with 2 10's that aren't good enough.

Quote:
Optimist
we didn't drive a single lineout

That's a good thing. Have you seen our attempts at driving a lineout these past few years?

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:41
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
ballsout

That is absolute nonsense. Of course we failed to win because Freddie both missed a penalty in front of the posts & failed to ground the ball before celebrating. It is a fact & he knows it better than anyone else. That was totally unprofessional. Do we crucify him for it. Of course we donít but donít pretend that wasnít the major reason we didnít win. The ridiculous hyperbole you utter about the club is ludicrous. I have just watched the game back & there was a lot wrong with our performance & there have been too many performances like it but that doesnít makeb the club a ďshambles from top to bottomĒ We should & would normally have ended up beating a Toulouse side stuffed with top notch players & who are 6th in the Top 14. That wouldnít have been too shabby. Yes, we could & should have played better. I jotted down 11 unforced errors from us & about 3 from them. We messed up 4 of our own line outs & FB missed 3 out of 7 penalty attempts. None of that is good & needs sorting out but the fact is we should have won. We were not outplayed. Your ridiculous exaggeration destroys sensible discussion.

Great, now multiiply all those many, many failings by the amount of weeks Blackadder, Booth, Edwards et al have been in charge, and substract a HANDFUL of strong, impressive 80 minute performances. Then you might realise that calling the club a shambles, isn't hyperbole. Papering over the cracks and continuing to stumble on week after week whilst not accepting the need for change will get us nowhere.

"We were not outplayed." - for once. Small steps I suppose.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:41
BO we couldnít afford to keep James Wilson, only Wizbit could have worked out a way of squeezing Cips into the salary cap. Nice idea sure, but the economics obviously didnít stack up (if you sack a player their salary still counts).

ghost
ghost (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:51
Haven't quite gone yet.

Willison, who was ideally positioned to see what was happening, did NOT shout out to FB,
though he was pretty fast to berate him immediately afterwards.

No, I haven't left quite yet, that's what it is to be a BBW supporter.

I forgot to say earllier...100% red card for their prop!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 18:53 by ghost.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 18:57
Quote:
ghost
Haven't quite gone yet.
Willison, who was ideally positioned to see what was happening, did NOT shout out to FB,

What did their prop do ?

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:01
Quote:
ghost
Haven't quite gone yet.

Please don't go ghost we need people like you for sensible comments to counter the gloom and doom brigade!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 19:14 by CoochieCoo.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:05
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Please don't go ghost we need people like you for sensbile comments to counter the gloom and doom brigade!

(Sm16)

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:17
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Please don't go ghost we need people like you for sensbile comments to counter the gloom and doom brigade!

(Sm16)

Thank you BO for pointing out my typo, congrats on your first constructive post tonight!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:28
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
ghost
Haven't quite gone yet.

Please don't go ghost we need people like you for sensible comments to counter the gloom and doom brigade!

(Sm152)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 19:29 by Boldangrey.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:30
Quote:
sid the seagull
Best fly half?
Josh Lewis, but apparently not good enough.

HOP

Kicked 6 conversions in a 54-17 mismatch thrashing.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://image.ibb.co/maFJzT/darren_atkins_4.jpg

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:34
Quote:
ballsout) Great, now multiiply all those many, many failings by the amount of weeks Blackadder, Booth, Edwards et al have been in charge, and substract a HANDFUL of strong, impressive 80 minute performances. Then you might realise that calling the club a shambles, isn't hyperbole. Papering over the cracks and continuing to stumble on week after week whilst not accepting the need for change will get us nowhere.[/quote

Yes - I wish we had done far better & am equally impatient for us to achieve something but there are 12 teams in the Premiership + a couple recently relegated & about 8 of those wish exactly the same thing. Are they all a shambles?

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:35
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
CoochieCoo

(Sm16)

Thank you BO for pointing out my typo, congrats on your first constructive post tonight!

Meanwhile you on the other hand are yet to add anything of value on here, ever.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:45
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
CoochieCoo

(Sm16)

The value I add is keeping an eye on the likes of you, believe me that is very testing at times!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:54
Does anyone on here really add value? Itís just a place to discuss, speculate and vent isnít it? As PG Tips said (which I thought was spot on) itís akin to a random chat that you have down the pub...

MESSAGES->author
Griff (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 19:56
Freddieís probably hurting more than anyone, he knows heís cocked up and cocked up big time on the biggest club stage. Quite rightly Freddieís cock up should be talked about, but after reading the daft comments on here about fining him, not paying him and being bollocked etc. Freddieís mistake cost us the win, it didnít cost us the game you could argue that came earlier when we went down to 14 men. Something those public flogging Freddie seemed to have overlooked!

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Sam Underhill Adopted Player 2018/19

wlatavg006
wlatavg006 (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 20:58
His mistake probably has cost the club £1.5- 2 million, half full ground,no quarter final etc,extra fixtures. Spend all last season qualifying for the big boys cup...........

He never was and never will be a full back

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 21:07
He didn't lose the game. He did have the opportunity to win it. He didn't take that opportunity. Like a million sports-people before him. That's all.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 21:23
Ghastly for Freddie.

But have to say I could hardly believe what I was seeing from an experienced player - its not as if he hasn't played top class rugby for several years for different teams. Surely when Homer had his funny moment earlier in the season - someone on the coaching side should have got them back to basics for an hour or so the next week, and 'dinned' it into them that you have never ever scored a try until you 'ground the ball' first. Aaarrrrgh! Yet again , lions led by donkeys.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 21:44
Why were we relying on a try in the 75th minute to win a game against such a poor team? He didn't lose it for us, he just didn't win it. The game was last in the preceding 70 minutes. Even if he had got the ball down does anyone really think we would have hung on and not conceded again before time was up? History says we would have anyway.

Quote:
Bath Hammer
Yes - I wish we had done far better & am equally impatient for us to achieve something but there are 12 teams in the Premiership + a couple recently relegated & about 8 of those wish exactly the same thing. Are they all a shambles?

No. Because Saracens, Exeter, Leicester, Wasps, Saints and Harlequins have all won the Premiership in the last 5-10 years. All of those teams and others are actually capable of putting in an 80 minute performance every once in a while. Our first team having no style of play, our United team getting embarrassed most weeks, our S&C injury rate year after year, our terrible recruitment policy, our disgusting contract negotiation tactics, the fact that we haven't won a trophy in a decade, our coaching revolving door, our very suspect succession plan...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 21:44 by ballsout.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 22:07
I accept that we are one of only a handful of clubs who have never won the Premiership, possibly the others being Gloucester, Worcester, London Irish & Bristol but it was long enough ago for the supporters of Sale & Newcastle to also be restless. You could say that if our level of success over that period has been no worse than those clubs we probably havenít been any more poorly run. We havenít gained worthWhile success which is to be regretted but I would contend that the other criticisms you make about the running of the club are spurious & subjective.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2018 22:12 by Bath Hammer.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 22:28
Quote:
Bath Hammer
I accept that we are one of only a handful of clubs who have never won the Premiership, possibly the others being Gloucester, Worcester, London Irish & Bristol

Now look at the caliber of players we have at our disposal, compared to those from Gloucester, Worcester, London Irish and Bristol, and maybe you'll start to question why our team can barely make it to three phases without losing the ball. Or have no setpiece to speak of. Or rarely break the line. Or always run out of steam after 60 minutes. Sorry, I'm just bored of this constant underperformance ever year. The players deserve better.

Rinkadink
Rinkadink (IP Logged)

13 October, 2018 22:42
Quote:
ballsout
I was one of a few calling for Cipriani to get a contract (he wanted to join Bath)

Care to elaborate and how did you know this?

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 06:55
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Bath Hammer
I accept that we are one of only a handful of clubs who have never won the Premiership, possibly the others being Gloucester, Worcester, London Irish & Bristol

Now look at the caliber of players we have at our disposal, compared to those from Gloucester, Worcester, London Irish and Bristol, and maybe you'll start to question why our team can barely make it to three phases without losing the ball. Or have no setpiece to speak of. Or rarely break the line. Or always run out of steam after 60 minutes. Sorry, I'm just bored of this constant underperformance ever year. The players deserve better.

With much of that I agree but that doesnít mean the Club is a shambles & rotten from top to to bottom. It just means we canít get the playing side up to the level we want it.

Bathovalballer

14 October, 2018 08:55
Why is that Bath Hammer?

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 09:55
A quality player would never have messed up like that(Sm14)

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 10:20
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Why is that Bath Hammer?

Iím quite sure that no-one wants us to achieve more than Bruce Craig. Whatever disappointment we feel must be magnified ten fold by someone who has invested so much in the project. All the coaching decisions & appointments iof top quality backroom staff are with the aim of achieving success. In my view our failure to make the progress all of us require is not down to the Club being run badly. There only two clubs currently who are miles ahead of us & we would surely not say that most of the others are a shambles so I consider that to be a ridiculous assertion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2018 10:22 by Bath Hammer.

SarrieSaint
SarrieSaint (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 10:24
Quote:
Southstand(again)

Still makes me laugh but I doubt it does for Farrell. Tbf holding the ball in both hands going to run it under the post and in wet conditions it slipped out. Not quite the same.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 10:30
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Why is that Bath Hammer?

Iím quite sure that no-one wants us to achieve more than Bruce Craig. Whatever disappointment we feel must be magnified ten fold by someone who has invested so much in the project. All the coaching decisions & appointments iof top quality backroom staff are with the aim of achieving success. In my view our failure to make the progress all of us require is not down to the Club being run badly. There only two clubs currently who are miles ahead of us & we would surely not say that most of the others are a shambles so I consider that to be a ridiculous assertion.

Craig is part of the problem, and the reason Matson left, and most other coaches leave. Shambles.

Good to see our new recruitment scout bring in two belters thus far, barely good enough Delmas, and about two divisions down Giraud. Another top quality recruit from Craig.

Why is our United team so poor? Why do we get more injuries than any other club? Why do we treat players so badly when it comes to contract negotiation? Why do top quality international players play like drains when they put on a BB&W jersey? Why did we give players like Allinson a new contract, yet lose a versatile back like James Wilson? Why are we trying (and failing) to find loan clubs for the likes of Charteris?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2018 10:33 by ballsout.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 12:28
We appear to have lost the plot as a so-called PROFESSIONAL outfit.
The whole management and coaching set up also have to take responsibility for this debacle.

It would be hard to see a currently "succeeding" team make so many errors week in and week out, finally culminating in the FB goon show.
Confidence and delivery of quality are generated from the top down.

What should be a weekend pleasure to watch your long-supported team play has turned into a gruesome horror story only to be watched from behind the sofa - Dr Who is not in the same category.

To add insult to injury the open letter from Tarquin MacDonald, designed to be a blueprint for Bath's future, only serves to rub salt in the gaping wound.

We are in a position through, whatever has gone in the past, we cannot now not play FB.
It's a difficult task for the best management to resolve let alone a pretty mediocre one.

Bath Born & Bred
Bath Born and Bred (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 12:50
Quote:
Southstand(again)

And for any others of my Bath 'brothers' in need of cheering up this morning ( I know I needed a laugh after yesterday) here are quite a few other international stars following suit:

[www.youtube.com]

Of course, following on from some of the more staid commentators above, we should hang, draw and quarter FB after we've condemned him to a month of wearing sackcloth whilst kneeling in the stocks placed in front of the abbey with a 'Kick Me' sign around his neck (Sm103)

Of course I didn't enjoy that incident, and don't necessarily forgive it, but give me a break, it happens to the best of them - sadly (Sm132) see video clip link above!!

For a while reading here I thought I'd stumbled onto the Glaws or Tiggers fandoms by mistake - get a grip and get behind the team or head off to The Shed or Welford for the rest of the season(Sm20)!

No, things have not been great for quite some time - in fact, I'd stretch that back to the days under the 'stewardship' of Meehan and what might loosely be called the team troubles from then(Sm164)

Since 2009 there have been numerous changes of players and coaches some for the better some not so - but for it to be suggested as by some above that "the Club is a shambles & rotten from top top to bottom" and that "...Craig is part of the problem..." smacks of injudicious and ill-conceived thought process on the part of the posters - to whom I say "Shame on you!" you are little more than fake supporters and wannabe keyboard warriors. Hate to be on a sinking ship with you guys - you'be be first in the lifeboats and to hell with the women and children (Sm161)

Of course, we'd all love to return to the glory days of Rowell, Chilcott, Spurrell, Horton and Trick from the 1980's and the 1990's - who wouldn't? But maybe we were all spoiled by that period - common sense dictated that it couldn't last as the age of professionalism came into being.

Twenty years ago was the time that Bath needed to regroup and plan for the future, but for a plethora of reasons, not least the joy of 'that match' against Brive, they did not. The owner and the management did not have their eye in the future. I believe (yes I do) that under Craig there is a long-term plan at last - lest we forget he's an ex-rugby player of some calibre himself (6 years at Racing!), is a Somerset fellow from Chew Magna, has put millions into the club so far and has pushed forward a long-overdue ground expansion (Sm128)

If you truly consider BC is '...part of the problem..." not only would I like you to expand on that with a few FACTS but also to learn how you saw the previous owner, AB, during his ownership!

OK - I digressed somewhat, but then so have many before me.

Back to Freddie - yes he f'd up and he knows it - not sure why he was at full-back but hey a lot of other questions too. His kicking was pretty dire throughout the match, so one has to question RP's captaincy calls too, all points made by others. His awareness of Medard bearing down on him was truly amateurish - he will have learnt from that. Obviously some basics wrong as I played at quite a reasonably senior level (as an amateur) for almost 20 years and it was hammered into me carry the ball with 2 hands from schooldays (Sm122)

But why didn't Willison scream a warning at him as readily as he berated him immediately after the event? Why did the ref not allow the last line out? Not sure of the YC for Kaino at all. No idea how Brace didn't see the Pointud deliberate head smash on Nathan Catt right in front of him - a YC at least. Thought Attwood showed promise in his charges, back to his best at times. Kolbe's footwork was an eye-opener. Priestland looked in trouble with his leg from about the 45th minute. Why did Bath kick for goal (and miss) when they had a man advantage with Kaino still off and could have gone for the corner? The crowd was subdued, The game was scrappy over all. The weather forecast put off many to travel, two of my near neighbours for instance, and my round trip is just under 150 miles (Sm22)

In closing, I've supported BRFC for the last 40 years and I'm not going to stop now, I'm not a fair weather supporter - so no apologies for my lengthy 'pub chat' with you all. No doubt it will provoke a few (lot) adverse comments, such is the nature of subjective opinion (Sm83)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2018 18:42 by Bath Born and Bred.

TomReagan
TomReagan (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 12:58
Wise words, well put, nice emojis (?!). Pretty much says it all you'd think...

MESSAGES->author
Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 13:06
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
CoochieCoo

(Sm16)

Iíd much rather read CCs output given that yours tend to resemble the crayonings of an over tired toddler whoís just been told they canít have any more Ribena.

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

Bathovalballer

14 October, 2018 13:10
Totally agree with much you write Bath Born and Bred. We all want to see Bath back at the top but are continually frustrsted by a complete lack of any seeming improvement yet with top class facilities and some players who just fail to perform. Why?

Like you I believe Bath are blessed to have a benefactor like Bruce. Without him where would we be? Does anyone think a non rugby man like Brownsword would have contemplated spending the money BC has?

Like you I have supported this club through the great days and the near relegation ones and wito the day I die but just want the best for the club and even a modicum of improvement, not continued poor performances and headless management decisions forever. Tolerating schoolboy errors is not acceptable and people must realise their responsibilities.

I and many others of similar generation are not prepared to go on watching our once great club slide into oblivion. That's why we speak out as someone has to and hopefully the parts thybe will get a grip on the situation and make the necessary decisions and create the right atmosphere for the corrections all can see that are needed.

Bath Born & Bred
Bath Born and Bred (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 13:53
Thanks Tom - but, as you know you can never say it all on a thread like this and especially with these 'guys and gals' ....such is life (Sm133)

- as for the emoji's - heck I love 'em - they're a much underused means of enabling non-verbal communication, such as gestures and facial expressions (allegedly (Sm161)) and to me this is a topic I feel passionate about so, if we were conversing face-to-face I would be using hand and facial gestures a lot, as is my way (Sm130)

- and yep I know they pee a lot of people off, but then so apparently do Bath at the moment, to which I say (Sm120)

....and, of course, they add a little colour to an otherwise grey day! (Sm142)

Keep the BB&W faith (Sm63)

terracehugger

14 October, 2018 14:18
I canít understand why supporters keep comparing the merits of FB and RP.
Quite frankly, neither could command a position with any other Premiership club.
When you link that to the fact that we are desperately in need of a class 9&12, you will realise that we are going to continue to be mediocre at best.
The 9/10/12 axis is critical to our club.
We have some stunning players in other positions but their potential is being nullified by our journeymen incumbents in critical positions.
There also appears, from performances witnessed by us all, to be an inept coaching regime in place charged with improving simple basic skills.

TomReagan
TomReagan (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 14:25
Terracehugger- pretty much spot on, the only thing lacking from your analysis being some animated visuals! Time for me to pick the brains of my primary school son on that very subject- adding emojis, not our back line, about which he's even less informed than I am!

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 14:28
Quote:
terracehugger
Quite frankly, neither could command a position with any other Premiership club.

Burns was starting 10 for Leicester and before that Gloucester over six seasons.

Stuart

Former ed.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 14:36
Are Chudley and Roberts not class 9 and 12s?

Burns and RP are fine as 10s IMO but they try to force it - yesterday RP trying to crash ball things by himself and FB obsessed with the cheeky chips that very rarely work. They need to fix the man and ship the ball more often IMO. Steenson isnít a stellar 10 but he does his job well.

TomReagan
TomReagan (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 16:37
Chudley, hopefully- haven't seen enough of him. I like Roberts, was pleased we signed him and it's important to gave that 'route one' option when our back line seems so ponderous. At fly half though, I go by what I see Rhys and Freddie do week in, week out for us, and the fact that neither has nailed down being first choice suggests the management aren't convinced either. Priestland isn't decisive enough, Burns, well, as has been noted many times, he is a mix of the very good and very bad. You'd feel lucky to have either as back- up, but not convinced we'll win much with either at 10. I'd persevere with Burns at 10 as he could become the top class fly half a top 4 side needs. Steenson, incidentally, I do rate highly. Good decision maker and whatever he dies do, he does well, although as ever, coaching is of course a key factor!

southgate
southgate (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 17:10
Apology accepted Freddie

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 17:35

terracehugger

14 October, 2018 20:25
Quote:
TCM2007
Quote:
terracehugger

Burns was starting 10 for Leicester and before that Gloucester over six seasons.

Your historical facts are correct, but that was then, and most certainly is not the case now. Do you honestly believe that he would go straight back into 10 for Gloucester or Leicester on the form he has displayed with us?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2018 20:28 by terracehugger.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 20:31
Iím sure they would both be fine and even good at other clubs with a coaching set up that actually brings out the playersí best. Ours meanwhile regress players as seen quite clearly by Faletau and others.

terracehugger

14 October, 2018 20:34
Quote:
BathMatt53
Are Chudley and Roberts not class 9 and 12s?
Burns and RP are fine as 10s IMO but they try to force it - yesterday RP trying to crash ball things by himself and FB obsessed with the cheeky chips that very rarely work. They need to fix the man and ship the ball more often IMO. Steenson isnít a stellar 10 but he does his job well.

Chudley was 2nd or 3rd choice with the Chiefs. Is that really the height of our aspirations?

Roberts was most certainly a class player in his prime, but IMHO, that is not the case now.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

14 October, 2018 22:34
Itís a pity we didnít hold on to Adam Hastings. Look how well he is playing for one of the Pro 14 leaders. That is regrettably another case of us not getting the best out of a player.

Cu Chulainn
Cu Chulainn (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 00:36
Just 2 points;

1 FB is seriously 2nd rate

2 Toulouse aren't much cop at all.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 08:02
Quote:
Cu Chulainn
Just 2 points;
1 FB is seriously 2nd rate

2 Toulouse aren't much cop at all.

You forgot deport Todd, sack the coaches, imprison Charlie Ewels and hire Mike Tyson.

Bath Supporter Jack

15 October, 2018 08:05
I dropped a ball once over the line without any help from anyone else...Ö.as I told FB when I bumped into him on Saturday! I suppose the difference was my team was leading 40-0!

This season we have been leading in 6 out of 7 games at 60 minutes. At 80 we have won only 2 from 7.

This is a big problem.

You hear Rob Baxter, Leo Cullen, Dai Young talk at the weekend and all they say is keep the ball, look after the ball, exert pressure.

If we have the ball...Ö..then by logical inference they don't have the ball and therefore can't score. So the longer we keep the ball the more likely we can exert pressure which might lead to us scoring...Ö.but absolutely the longer we have the ball the less chance they have of scoring.

It's not much more difficult than that is it?

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 09:22
Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
You hear Rob Baxter, Leo Cullen, Dai Young talk at the weekend and all they say is keep the ball, look after the ball, exert pressure.

If we have the ball...Ö..then by logical inference they don't have the ball and therefore can't score. So the longer we keep the ball the more likely we can exert pressure which might lead to us scoring...Ö.but absolutely the longer we have the ball the less chance they have of scoring.

Controlling the ball, looking after it, maintaining possession and putting teams under pressure seem to be an alien concepts for Blackadder.

We may as well have been allergic to the ball in that second half, just couldn't hold onto it after one or two passes. It's the same old story and it's our biggest problem by far.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 09:41
Hey, the guy is human. Surely you can understand the emotions running through his head at the time. Just bungled a gimme kick to go in front and then picks a great line to walk in over the line in front of home crowd of his boyhood club that would win the match [probably]

Redemption and adulation - strong stuff for the head of wannabe heroes

Yes, the clinical winners at Exeter and Sarries wouldn't have done that but it takes time to eradicate bad habit and build 100% winning habits. If he learns and comes back stronger then great but don't write him off, give him space and appreciate what he does do so well - the finish for his try in the first half was exemplary

And message to Freddie, strongly recommend reading the Chimp Paradox

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 09:54
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack

Controlling the ball, looking after it, maintaining possession and putting teams under pressure seem to be an alien concepts for Blackadder.

We may as well have been allergic to the ball in that second half, just couldn't hold onto it after one or two passes. It's the same old story and it's our biggest problem by far.

And yet the match stats tell a different story.

[en.espn.co.uk]

- Bath Possession Overall: 53%
- 1st Half: 60%
- 2nd Half 48%

We are having the ball enough to win the game, its making our time on the ball count.

The worrying ones for me this weekend are:

- Toulouse: Defenders beaten 29
- Toulouse: Offloads 20
- Bath Tackles made/missed: 115/29
- Bath Tackling success rate: 80.0%

Our strongest assets last year, especially tackling seem to have become one of our weakest overnight? If we miss 20% of tackles we will struggle against anyone.

Also: Kick at goal success 57.0% doesn't help.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 10:04
Quote:
BathMatt53
And yet the match stats tell a different story.

[en.espn.co.uk]

- Bath Possession Overall: 53%
- 1st Half: 60%
- 2nd Half 48%

We are having the ball enough to win the game, its making our time on the ball count.

How can anyone say we control the ball well, and hold onto it well? I don't understand how such an obvious failing to our game is being missed. The crowd have pretty much given up groaning when we lose the ball it happens so often. In that second half we couldn't catch a cold, let alone use two hands to count the number of phases we manage to reach. Ignore the stats, our ball retention be it from open play or set piece is garbage and absolutely our biggest issue.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 10:07
We don't we control the ball well or hold onto it well but last season we were getting possession stats of 20-30% in matches and it was driving us crazy. We are now getting parity of possession but it doesn't seem to have helped...

Bathovalballer

15 October, 2018 10:21
Yep, now we have the ball after seeing so little of it previously, the guys are clueless about what to do with it. So decide to hoof it down the field, with no kick chase, and we can go back to tackling again! Or of course we can drop it, knock it on, give a man and ball pass, or have it stripped from our grasp. Back to what we know.

Cynical yes, but suggest we play with the ball more often in training but put the guys under pressure when they have it. And practice both passing safely, timing of passes and running support lines for each other which we are very bad at. Often our ball carriers are own their own and get isolated because they lack support. It happens so very often and never seem s to improve. Other sides like the top 2 are very good at supporting each other and this helps develop line breaks into tries.

Must say I am a huge fan of Dave Attwood but was appalled to see how easily the tiny French scrum half removed it from his grasp with such ease on Saturday.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 10:29
This is why rugby is only in its infancy as far as a pro sport goes. Things like that Ellis yellow card should never happen. You are 100% giving away a card and penalty for no gain. This sort of thing would not cut the mustard in the NFL.

As for Burns - is there any chance that we could have got a penalty try from it? A player may not - "Intentionally knock, place, push or throw the ball with arm or hand from the playing area". Their winger intentionally smashed the ball out of his hand and out of the playing area. Why did they get a scrum from it?

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 10:33
Medard hit the back of Freddies hand which dislodged the ball towards the dead ball line. He then kicked it dead. So effectively Freddie knocked it on.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 10:42
Smart from Medard

fat lock
fat lock (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 12:33
The issue is half backs pure and simple, and Saturday's game and errors confirmed it to me.
Whilst FB and RP are decent enough, neither is top drawer and cannot be seen as first choice FHs
Indeed - RP was signed as a back up for when a first choice FH was away and FB became available because a better FH replaced him.
To consider either to be a top class FH who can boss the game is to do them and injustice -they are incapable of doing so. Therefore the ability of the team to boss a game is greatly limited.
The uncertainty about who is first choice also destabilises the whole team since the styles are so different.
Until we have a FH that commands selection and commands the tactics we will never control a game properly.
Likewise SH - some good enough back-ups no real stand out quality (Some may argue Chudley would provide an improvement - but he's not the quality around which a team can be built).

Our successful times have always occurred with good quality half back pairings. Not a coincidence.

MESSAGES->author
Bath Blues (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 12:49
As a long term Bath fan I'm tiring of our poor performances on and off the pitch, I can accept that players make mistakes, I can accept that sometimes you will lose games you should have won, everyone is human these things happen but I can not accept the lack of professionalism that is ingrained within our club.

I look at Exeter and just wish we could copy what they are doing on and off the pitch, superb club with humble Professional players, who on paper may not be the most talented but no one can question the hard work they do to make them what they are.

The empty seats on Saturday speak volumes as to where our club is.

Very disappointing.

MESSAGES->author
Bath Blues (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 12:51
Also Preistland has to go.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 13:01
Quote:
Bath Blues
As a long term Bath fan I'm tiring of our poor performances on and off the pitch, I can accept that players make mistakes, I can accept that sometimes you will lose games you should have won, everyone is human these things happen but I can not accept the lack of professionalism that is ingrained within our club.
I look at Exeter and just wish we could copy what they are doing on and off the pitch, superb club with humble Professional players, who on paper may not be the most talented but no one can question the hard work they do to make them what they are.

The empty seats on Saturday speak volumes as to where our club is.

Very disappointing.

This. The empty seats were sad and 100% to do with the rugby, or lack thereof, over the last few years.

Exeter may be dull as %#*$ but they at least have a culture and do the basics well. We have neither. Just stumble on from game to game.

Roko or Ford before him carried us for most of the last few years when they were on form and it papered over the glaring deficiencies. Nothing to paper over with now.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 13:01
Go where? When? Who will replace him?

[twitter.com]

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 13:32
Quote:
terracehugger
Chudley was 2nd or 3rd choice with the Chiefs. Is that really the height of our aspirations?

Not wishing to intrude on a touchy thread but Chudley was 1st choice for a considerable time at Exeter. Nic White may have ousted him from that position but he's a 20+ cap Wallaby. If Chudley was still at Exe he'd have started a few games this season.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 13:41
Quote:
Bath Blues

calling for people to ďgoĒ is really naive. Not just as in this case Priestland but anyone including coaches. With whom would you replace them at this stage in the season and with what would you pay the potential replacement. It is a rather ill judged knee jerk reaction to something that has not gone as you would like. Perhaps you could try to be more realistic or possibly just a touch more constructive with your comments.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 13:54
Quote:
TG Kesmo
Quote:
Bath Blues

calling for people to ďgoĒ is really naive. Not just as in this case Priestland but anyone including coaches. With whom would you replace them at this stage in the season and with what would you pay the potential replacement. It is a rather ill judged knee jerk reaction to something that has not gone as you would like. Perhaps you could try to be more realistic or possibly just a touch more constructive with your comments.

+1 Exactly that - a knee jerk reaction. Thereís nothing much wrong with the players & probably not a lot wrong with the coaches. It seems to be a collective thing, a combination of small failings leading to a collective lack of confidence. Clearly, it is not easy to sort out but targeting individual players is not the answer.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 16:40
Bit harsh from Sir Clive " This showboating must stop...Burns acted as if he'd scored his first try for the U13 B-team "

Freddy did not lose the game on his own !

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 16:40
[www.bbc.co.uk] He's not the first

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 17:13
I was away this weekend, managed to see the first half over lunch, peering discretely over someone's shoulder at the TV.

The sun came out and I was dragged off for a coastal walk in decent weather, fair enough. Saw the final score but didn't realise the drama that had caused it.

I do feel for the fans who were there or watching live, celebrating with FB as he crossed the line. It was hard enough to watch knowing from the news what had happened.

With something like this the frustration makes you want to lash out in anger and COML is there for blowing off some steam, especially when you are shaking your head at the game wanting to pluck out your eyeballs in disbelief.

A few days later and I normally would forget/forgive most mistakes. This one seems to taking a bit longer though! One of those incidents where you can remember where you were when it happened.

Hope Freddie gets over it, call me an appeaser if you want but you can't turn the clock back. Credit to the defender here too.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 18:38
Can one of the hang Freddie high brigade explain what they see that's worse than any mistake they've seen on a rugby pitch before?

To me he slows down a bit, not much tbh, and puts the ball down with one hand. Neither of which seem that bad to me.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 October, 2018 18:44
Dan, you need to watch the full vid - as he runs past the crowd he punches a baby in the face, clubs a baby seal and gives the Vs to the pope.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net