rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

Retention
13 November, 2018 14:06
Watson, Catt, Ewels, Stooke

Boom, baby

SJS
SJS (IP Logged)

Re: Retention
13 November, 2018 14:09
Excellent news! I will admit to being a touch worried about Watson re-signing.

BerkeleyWood
The Bear (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:12
See, we have (re-)signed a Lion's 15.

Hard not to be happy with that. Great news. Wonder how long they are.

Adopted Player:
[18] - Taulupe Faletau

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:16
Absolutely fabulous news and hopefully will show outsiders that we are worth playing for.

Don't want to put a dampener on this very great step forward but wonder what is the situation with JJ? I truly want him to stay as he brings so much nouse to our centre play and as i understand it, leads the tackle line in the backs. IMO, a vital cog who hopefully will follow his mate Ant and put pen to paper at Bath.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:17
Great news, Iím very please to have them all part of the long term future of the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2018 14:18 by dcsh.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:20
This is great news from every angle.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:20
Happy days!

cookiecrumble
cookiecrumble (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:29
Very happy about Watson re-signing as he was the one I thought was most likely to go. BUT - Elliot Stooke has to be one of the best pieces of recruitment in recent seasons. Surely the Bath coaching team,and the hard work of Elliot himself, can take credit for turning him into an International player? Something people are quite quick to heap praise on other clubs when they do the same.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:31
Quote:
Bathovalballer
wonder what is the situation with JJ? I truly want him to stay.

Agreed. If I were JJ, I think i'd be looking to get back on the pitch first before I commit to anything. He may come back fresh and all will be well with the world, but you could hardly blame him if he felt he needed a new challenge to reinvigorate him. Really hope he stays though. As good a sight as there is in rugby, when in full flow.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:33
I thought the thread said 'Detention' at first, thought someone had broken forum rules again.

Ah some good news for a change. Some misteak surely...

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:38
Great news! So glad to have secured Stooke and Ewels.

Was so sure Watson would leave, but I remember him saying that prem players should play fewer games, maybe we offered a few extra games off here and there? Who knows! Who cares why? Now for a few more!

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:42
very good news

in a way its funny to hear of that lot as senior players, but thats more to do with my age

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 14:46
Quote:
BathBurger
Great news! So glad to have secured Stooke and Ewels.
Was so sure Watson would leave, but I remember him saying that prem players should play fewer games, maybe we offered a few extra games off here and there? Who knows! Who cares why? Now for a few more!

I do think Todd has staked a lot on player welfare this year through his rotation and resting. If that approach does translate into benefits, they won't be apparent until March/April, so it takes a bit of bravery to stick with it.

gloucesterwatcher
gloucesterwatcher (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 15:06
As with the comments above, really good positive news from our players.Looking forward to Anthony getting a good recovery, him and Ben O must have been in some dark places this year. Well done to the team.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 15:09
At last something to smile about

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 15:11
Fantastic. Some good news...

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 15:13
Great news. I rate our young second rows in Stooke and Ewels highly and seemingly so does the England camp. They give us an engine room to retain and build around moving forwards!

AW is a superb re-signing and I can't wait to see a back three of him with JC and SR soon!

Catt I like a lot and on his day is terrific. I hope that he can hold off injury for a while and we get to see the best of him for a few years after his re-signing.

Congrats to them all and good work by the club in my opinion!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

Paul60
Paul60 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 16:10
Agree with all the comments fantastic contract renewals and for the few who always criticise the club management etc. they now have nothing to moan about.
Added to the young guys Zach Mercer, Sam Underhill, Joe C we have the potential of a strong squad.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 16:24
Anyone for an EQP XV of:

Catt, Dunn, Thomas
Ewels, Stooke
Underhill, Mercer, Ellis
Chudley, Burns
Wright, JJ
Roko, Watson, Coka

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 16:41
According to the Chron Catty is a three year extension and Stooke and Watson are for two years. No mention of Ewelís extension period.

That leaves 16 players who will be out of contract at the end of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2018 16:43 by VinceJ.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 16:42
Message hidden Dorset Boy, no pejorative group names please.

Ian E
Ian E (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 17:13
Great news good start more to follow Iím sure - weíll fingers crossed

Bath Supporter Jack

13 November, 2018 17:52
That looks a tidy XV Opti

If only we could get them all on the pitch at the same time!!

Long Term
Long Term (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 18:40
Great news.Good to have a thread that can't be hijacked by posters with a negative agenda.Can we put to bed theories put forward some months ago that player morale was rock bottom and a player revolt imminent. (Sm134)

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 19:11
Fanblookytastic news but just one gripe Todd [or Toddsy perhaps?], this 'nickname' thing. Stookey, I can just about buy and Catty is fine but Ewelsy, uh????

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 19:12
Awesome awesome awesome!

JJ looking increasingly like he's gone.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 19:17
Quote:
dannyf2
Awesome awesome awesome!
JJ looking increasingly like he's gone.

That is some speculation unless I've missed something big, there could be any number of reasons why JJ renewing not [yet] confirmed which doesn't mean "he's gone"

40 Mile
40 Mile (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 19:24
I am thoroughly made up by this. All four are excellent players. Nathan on his day is a beast, Anthony needs no introduction whatsoever, Charlie is international quality and Elliot has been an extremely shrewd signing and, in my opinion at least, has Captain potential.

There has been alot of critism of Todd et al with regard to the playing style (I fully get results have been poor) in addition to concerns about SH taking over when Todd moves on but surely the recent contract extensions mean, at the very least, that experienced and talented players are absolutely buying into Todd's vision and beyond when Stuart takes the reigns. I would also expect some significant talks pre and post World Cup with a view to boosting the backroom coaches going forwards.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 19:25
So what are the criteria which order the schedule of re-signings?

Is it critical to position on the pitch?
Is it getting the most expensive players settled first to see what the kitty can afford?
Is it upside down to leave the least likely to be re-signed time to find alternative jobs?
Or perhaps just get the most settled players on board so others will follow?

Is that all sport psychology?

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 19:33
Quote:
johnnyf
So what are the criteria which order the schedule of re-signings?
Is it critical to position on the pitch?
Is it getting the most expensive players settled first to see what the kitty can afford?
Is it upside down to leave the least likely to be re-signed time to find alternative jobs?
Or perhaps just get the most settled players on board so others will follow?

Is that all sport psychology?

PR dad - my guess is that a lot business is already done and they choose to announce big guns now because we haven't won for yonks and the fans are plssed off!

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 19:41
Quote:
Long Term
Good to have a thread that can't be hijacked by posters with a negative agenda

It depresses me that other clubs donít even want to sign our players these days. Itís a sign of just how far weíve fallen that we have to sign them all up ourselves.

Long Term
Long Term (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 20:01
Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
Long Term

It depresses me that other clubs donít even want to sign our players these days. Itís a sign of just how far weíve fallen that we have to sign them all up ourselves.

Very good!,although I think you might be too subtle for some on here. smileys with beer (Sm6)

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 20:15
Is this a vote of confidence in the future management structure?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 20:59
Quote:
B4thB4ck
I thought the thread said 'Detention' at first, thought someone had broken forum rules again.
Ah some good news for a change. Some misteak surely...

I ignored this thread up until now because I thought it was about how bad we are at ball retention. Great news about Ant!

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

13 November, 2018 21:22
Phew! Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel!

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 00:52
At last, finally something to cheer about

dr.bath1865
dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 07:14
High quality, potentially world class, English players, the sort to build a team around, along with the likes of Obano, Underhill, Mercer and Coka.

Well done the club.

DaveOfTrow
GrumpyDave (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 07:33
Excellent news.

I always regard talented players (especially younger ones) leaving, staying or joining as being the best barometer of where the club is at, rather than a load of unsubstantiated gossip/deeply entrenched opinion on the social media sleazevine. This and other renewals suggests that, form on the paddock notwithstanding, something is going in the right direction at Farleigh Towers.

Hope JJ stays. Intrigued to see how heíll go under Dempsey.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 08:36
Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
Long Term

Class comedy, another one that made I chuckle (Sm42)

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 09:49
Anyone for an EQP 23 of:

Catt, Dunn, Thomas + Obano, Walker, Nixon or Vaughan
Ewels, Stooke + Attwood
Underhill, Mercer, Ellis + Reid or Bayliss or Garvey
Chudley, Burns + Green & De G
JJ, Wright (or Clark)
Roko, Watson, Coka + Atkins or Homer or McConnochie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net