rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

Bath Rugby social media
13 November, 2018 21:57
Tonight, Matthew, I'm going to be ballsout.

Bath just announced the re-signing of Anthony Watson, a great servant, England stalwart and test Lion. We don't have that many test Lions. This is great news.

They also released an interview

The filming of this interview is utterly, utterly incompetent, you cannot see Anthony, he's blown out by the background. All forms of photography and filming are about capturing light, all forms of capture understand about fill in lighting, focus, metering. You could hire a 6th form arts student who would do a better job of this. For free. I am baffled at the idea that anyone got paid to capture videos for Bath Rugby who produced this. The official photographer is good! How did anyone pass an interview who produced this?

I want to separate this out from the general volume of social media production, which you may or may not care about. At a time when the club has seriously stepped up its off-field game with regards presentation - see the prospectuses for the new stadium and the open letter to fans - this is, literally, incompetent. And should be unacceptable to the club.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

Re: Bath Rugby social media
14 November, 2018 00:50
Wow I'd somehow missed that, that's embarrassing. Clearly a tripod was too much for them as well.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 07:53
There must be a freelancer who would do that properly for a few quid or give it to the Chron to do or perhaps a local primary school year 6 could take it on.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 09:54
Steady on Hasta!

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 10:44
I can only imagine that they were going to use a better system but it broke or never turned up, it looks like a mobile phone filmed this.

They should have waited and filmed it properly.

Might have been a better angle with him facing the window for natural light, but then it would have shown all the squad in white fluffy spa gowns in the background, eh BoB?!

P G Tips
P G Tips (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 11:04
Or in the buff!

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 11:58
I mentioned this recently on a separate post saying I feel like the quality of stuff we produce video wise is so poor compared to others. There are a load of clubs producing good quality stuff on this. Why are we not?

It does not take much effort to have the guys sit somewhere with lights on, a steady camera and a competent interviewer. Let us see more personality as well as I feel all our player interviews are as if they are in front of the actual media after a test match with the same cliche's..

"great group of lads.."
"working together on our patterns..."
"intensity in training is good"
"work hard for each other..."

I have instagram and know for a fact that some of these guys are wind up merchants or pranksters. Give them a camera and let them show some real personality around the camp!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 12:16
I'm not even complaining about the content (although you have a point on that too). I'm saying the videographer is incompetent. Not amateur, but not actually capable of doing their job. I just don't understand what interview process they went through for this, because anyone who's done a single class in video or photography would not do this.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 12:41
Yep, better not to put it up at all than put up rubbish, just embarrassing !

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 12:46
Quote:
Big Dog
I mentioned this recently on a separate post saying I feel like the quality of stuff we produce video wise is so poor compared to others. There are a load of clubs producing good quality stuff on this. Why are we not?

It does not take much effort to have the guys sit somewhere with lights on, a steady camera and a competent interviewer. Let us see more personality as well as I feel all our player interviews are as if they are in front of the actual media after a test match with the same cliche's..

"great group of lads.."
"working together on our patterns..."
"intensity in training is good"
"work hard for each other..."

I have instagram and know for a fact that some of these guys are wind up merchants or pranksters. Give them a camera and let them show some real personality around the camp!

That was basically the thread I started about how far we are behind other clubs when it comes to social media stuff. Then it got ridiculed because people didn't care about seeing "what players had for lunch" (Sm16)

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 13:13
BO thats not really true, there were people who said they don't use social media, thats the same everywhere isn't it?

Quite a few comments agreed the standard was poor actually. For those that can't remember here is the thread.

Bath Rugby Social Media

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

14 November, 2018 14:59
To be honest - has anyone actually ever voiced this to the club?

It may be worth us writing emails to them just stating what we would like to see. I have found to be fair that they have been quite receptive to things when I have emailed before and I have had a reply at the least.

Some constructive criticism at the least may be beneficial to help them cater this content to build the fanbase and improve the content?

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

21 November, 2018 17:50
Social media dreadfulness and clash desperation goes on. Todayís BR bulletin plugging the Crash invites one to come and see the next time Joe C is Ďguaranteedí to start at Twickers.
Er no he isnít, he may be injured and rather disrespectful to any other on form player who might be picked ahead of him.
Incompetent.

SQUAWK

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 November, 2018 18:18
"The Crash", "desperation"

after two years of selling 60+ thousand tickets.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

21 November, 2018 18:47
Yeah, the Clash is one of the few areas of marketing that Bath do very well.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

21 November, 2018 21:45
Yeah but flogging this one pretty desperately imo.
Donít misunderstand me Ballsup Iíve been to both so far and enjoyed myself, just feeling the gloss wearing off.
However my actual point . . jC Ďguaranteed startí?
To be convincing this sort of minor fluff smacks of an organisation which hasnít quite got itís sh*t together. HOP

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

21 November, 2018 22:19
Poor wording for sure but even I'm not that nitpicky to mention it.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

21 November, 2018 22:23
They flogged all of them desperately...and got results too (just not on the pitch for the most recent one).

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net