rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

RFU CEO Resigns
16 November, 2018 15:22
[www.bbc.co.uk] Steve Brown to go

MESSAGES->author
Rawce (IP Logged)

Re: RFU CEO Resigns
16 November, 2018 21:49
Don’t worry, Steve Barclay should be available to replace him in a couple of days.

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

17 November, 2018 10:02
Hving read related article in the Times, its all about money and nothing to do with the game itself. Mostly Twickenham costs. e.g. The new East Stand isn't complete and they have borrowed many millions to build it and need to find even more. Heyho!

Moggie
Beer Belly (IP Logged)

19 November, 2018 13:21
Quote:
Today's Times (opening paras from the article)
Nigel Melville, the next interim chief executive of the RFU, is being sued in the United States by a businessman who claims that he was “conned” into investing $6 million (£4.7 million) to launch the first professional club rugby competition in North America. Melville, a former chief executive of USA Rugby, will take charge of the RFU from next month after Steve Brown announced on Friday that he was resigning.

The lawsuit, filed in Boulder county, Colorado, relates to the collapse of the five-team PRO Rugby after only one season in 2016. Melville is one of nine respondents including USA Rugby (USAR) and World Rugby.

Melville is accused of making false promises that induced Doug Schoninger into investing in the league and hiding from him his planned departure to join the RFU as director of professional rugby. “He basically, for lack of a better word, conned me and told me what I needed to hear as my friend, as my partner and as my fiduciary,” Schoninger told The Times. “He brought me in and he delivered everything he told me he was going to deliver and the minute I trusted him, he screwed me.

Cheers (Sm63)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net