rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Mike the Taxi
Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)

Injury Updates 3rd December
03 December, 2018 18:25
[www.somersetlive.co.uk] Latest Updates

Bathovalballer
Bathovalballer (IP Logged)

Re: Injury Updates 3rd December
03 December, 2018 18:38
Ewels rated 5 and MofTM. What a joke and shows how low are standards have fallen Next will be someone given the award for just turning up and getting dressed in his club kit correctly and managing to tie up his boots! Laughable if it wasn't so serious and these guys masquerading as professionals.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

MESSAGES->author
Duke of Earl (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 18:50
That has what to do with an injury update?

Nothing can stop the Duke of Earl

Mike the Taxi

03 December, 2018 18:56
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Ewels rated 5 and MofTM. What a joke and shows how low are standards have fallen Next will be someone given the award for just turning up and getting dressed in his club kit correctly and managing to tie up his boots! Laughable if it wasn't so serious and these guys masquerading as professionals.

Ewels isn't even mentioned in the article; have you completely lost the plot?

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 19:04
Never misses a chance to diss Ewels

Bathovalballer

03 December, 2018 19:23
Just clicked on other titles attached to the article. Still a nonsense anyway.

Mercer should have been taken off when he first went down and had a long treatment. The ground was heavy and any weakness was going to be exposed. Ellis is a more than adequate replacement in my view on recent form has always mixed it with the best, contributing a huge amount to the mauls and with his tackling.

Well, as we are going to get a a tonking on Saturday by a proper rugby side and don't stand a chance of getting out of our Euro group, it would be sensible to rest our best players for the League games. We can do a Sarries away fixture, and put out lower rated squad players and hope they will learn from the experience, as our coaches assure us they do in such circumstances.

Forget the European Cup Bath, as if we don't improve our league performance, we will not be playing in the top European sides anyway.

fat lock
fat lock (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 19:46
Do you play the best team and hope to play into form, or do you rest the big guns to be able to grind out some dirty wins later?
Whatever they do we'll complain.
Not sure if Todd has lost the dressing room, but he's certainly lost a sad bunch of keyboard warriors, I wonder how he can sleep at night....

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 19:57
Quite a few disappointments in that list - several that were expected back early Dec now looking a few weeks late...not what we need.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

BathBurger
BathBurger (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 20:01
I thought Faf was awarded Motm???

Kidney Stone
Kidney Stone (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 20:26
Toddy’s body language in that interview says more than the words he uttered.

I will be astonished if countermeasures are not being pieced together, with or without his cooperation.

Mike the Taxi

03 December, 2018 20:53
Quote:
BathBurger
I thought Faf was awarded Motm???

What makes you think he wasn't?

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 20:55
Quite frankly any self respecting player would decline a MotM award in a game as bad as that - it is merely identifying who was least shite. Hardly a cause of celebration to crack open the fizzy

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 21:38
At Uni I won the raffle to play hooker in the women's under 25 XV, the scent of Channel No5 was intoxicating and I have to say I had a few issues with binding but I struggled through somehow.
Had to play for the full 80, despite suffering few injuries. I did have to strongly resist multiple offers to kiss it better though. Rugby builds character to cope with those seemingly desperate moments in life. I won Man of the Match for that game....possibly because I was the only one............or was that a dream I had last night?

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 21:47
Live the dream, SW, live the dream.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was snowed in in a log cabin with the entire Norwegian Ladies Soccer Team?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 22:28
Quote:
Boldangrey
Did I ever tell you about the time I was snowed in in a log cabin with the entire Norwegian Ladies Soccer Team?

PM me BnG that's probably a bit too fruity for some on here! winking smiley

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 22:31
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Boldangrey

Dream on SW.

Looks like we've derailed another good thread.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

03 December, 2018 22:40
Quote:
Boldangrey
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Boldangrey

Dream on SW.

Looks like we've derailed another good thread.

I don't believe that BnG, the common factor for Bath forumites is a sense of humour even if we're losing, got rubbish coaches and don't wear a feathery headdress.

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 08:09
Quote:
shipwrecked

.... the common factor for Bath forumites is a sense of humour even if we're losing, got rubbish coaches and don't wear a feathery headdress.

Coming from a bloke in a lion suit?

Bathovalballer

04 December, 2018 09:32
No, Bath have young men dressed in the once proud, feared BB and W, masquerading as rugby players but regrettably seemingly not yet been introduced or having a clue about the basic skills or requirements of how to play the game.

Please don't anyone whinge on about injuries or missing players because our list is much less than other clubs and they seem able to play and win games despite these perceived disadvantages. Also, they show more determination and spirit than our present group. That is probably the problem, the existing group and their attitudes as well as abilities.

I see Leinster are missing at least 3 of their top choices so I suppose they are going to be a push over on Saturday as they will be thinking we haven't a chance against the mighty Bath. However, after the performance of their second string last weekend, I don't believe any reasonable sane supporter thinks that is the case.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 09:42
While I don't agree that our injury list is less than other teams (Faletau, JJ, Watson are probably three of the four top paid players in the club) but it doesn't change the fact that we're underpeforming regardless.

Still, I kind like the idea of an Ellis/Underhill/Louw back row and Attwood and Roberts to carry hard.

I think I might drop Roko for Vuna.

Bathovalballer

04 December, 2018 09:51
Look at Wasps and they are still higher up the table and were competitive for most of the game against Saracens, unlike us, partly due to our thinking we cannot possibly win on a plastic pitch and putting out half our top side. Mind you we did that on Sunday and that went well didn't it?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 09:56
a. Wasps lost by 23 points
b. Bath lost by 23 points
c. Wasps have no more injuries than us
d. Wasps scored 6 points and no tries
e. We deliberately rotated 13 with the aim of getting one point because it's a long season. It didn't work.
f. Sarries rested a bunch of players against Wasps
g. We rested two players for Sunday. We should still have won. We certainly had sufficient ball and territory.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 13:48
That interview with TB looks to be a very serious affair.
His whole body language appears introspective and defensive.
There are no smiles or excuses there!

Could it be that he is on a final warning irrespective of the "Grand Plan"?

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 14:20
Quote:
hasta
I think I might drop Roko for Vuna.

Roko looks an absolute shadow of the player he was. It's hard to work out whether he it's just because he only ever gets the ball in a phone-box, but I think he looks as though he's completely lost his acceleration and snap.

I'd bring Wilson in at full-back, and put either McConnochie or Vuna on the wing for Roko. I'd like to see Van Rooyen given a start too. Catt and Thomas are a bit more mobile, but we're not cute enough to play for offloads, so we really need carriers who can run through walls.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 15:19
[quote johnnyf]That interview with TB looks to be a very serious affair.
His whole body language appears introspective and defensive.
There are no smiles or excuses there!

Could it be that he is on a final warning irrespective of the "Grand Plan"?[/quote
More conspiracy theory ?

According to Dan Evans (the guy who did the interview) the reason he looked a bit distracted was that the interview was done by an open window and training was going on outside so he was trying to listen. Ergo the apparent lack of focus.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 15:39
Quote:
hasta
g. We rested two players for Sunday. We should still have won. We certainly had sufficient ball and territory.

None of Roberts, Dunn or Attwood were "rested". Idiotic decision not to play them.

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 15:46
That doesn't seem to be good planning TGK.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

04 December, 2018 16:09
Quote:
Thomas are a bit more mobile,

THOMAS? No. Catt is mobile. Thomas is as mobile as a bollard.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

06 December, 2018 09:46
Quote:
ballsout
Quote:
hasta

None of Roberts, Dunn or Attwood were "rested". Idiotic decision not to play them.

You absolutely don't know that bo. From my recollection, the weather on Sunday had been forecast to be a lot better than it was, so the selection of a more mobile team (Flo/Sam/Zach, Ewels up front, Wright at 12 and McConnoghie at 15) would have made sense at the time.

The selection, in particular, of Underhill or Zach over Ellis is clear evidence of the weather and type of game they were planning for.

What annoys me more than whether - with the benefit of hindsight - a different starting XV would have been more appropriate to the conditions, is that a team picked to play with the ball was so spooked by a bit of rain that they decided it was better to let the conditions dictate to them, rather than trusting their skills. That has to be down to the coaches, but Kahn's performance, in particular, was unforgivable. Irrespective of the selection, we won more than enough ball and territory to score a hatful of tries, so bleating about Roberts and Attwood is completely irrelevant.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net