rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

Elliot Daly
06 December, 2018 18:26
Reputedly leaving Wasps at the end of the season to go to - Wait for it............

Saracens ! (Sm128)

Great recruitment department.

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

Re: Elliot Daly
06 December, 2018 18:33
And in the Maro Itoje story they are wondering how the hang on to their current stars because of the salary cap! I wonder if the actually feel like they can live without Itoje, what with Iziekwe and the Kpoku brothers?

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

06 December, 2018 18:39
Pretty sure he's accepting a pay cut to go there. Have to say though, can't see him playing fullback much.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

06 December, 2018 19:24
Was openly mentioned by BT commentators at the Sarries v Wasps game at weekend

Seems Wasps have some financial issues with Hughes likely to go to Briz on a huge wedge and Le Roux off to Japan

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

06 December, 2018 20:36
Sarries were also rumoured to be taking Care although not sure with Wiggy signing on for another stint.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

06 December, 2018 21:09
Sarries are a bit light on quality, so he'll be a good addition for them...

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

06 December, 2018 21:58
Not too sure about that danny, Wigglesworth (England 9), Farrell (England 10/12), Brad Barritt (England 12), Alex Lowsowski (England 12/13) Liam Williams (Wales 15), Andy Goode (England 15).

Sorry, just realised (Sm161). I was distracted by BnG's prediction of Gatland for Bath HC.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 06:47
They are turning in to Man City. It's the best set up, with the best coaches and best players. Everyone wants to be there, they keep winning stuff... It's goes on and on.
We can only dream

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 07:51
It is still London though. We have the best spa!

On topic, class player as is AW.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 08:35
Maybe Williams will return to Wales in the near future to help balance the books. They also have Tompkins and Max Malins in their squad. Two players who have a great amount of talent. Tompkins recently announced a new contract.

Old Bath Tub
Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 08:42
Quote:
dannyf2
They are turning in to Man City. It's the best set up, with the best coaches and best players. Everyone wants to be there, they keep winning stuff... It's goes on and on.
We can only dream

They must also have the best accounts department (Sm100)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 09:17
I wonder if they are looking to take the Alex Ferguson approach to maintaining their supremacy, by some judiciously ruthless renewal. Ferguson's brilliance was in judging when a star player could be moved on - sending a message to the rest of the squad that nobody was bigger than the team.

Letting Itoje go to Quins for example would send a massive signal of belief that their next generation is even more talented - especially if Itoje's agent plays his cards a bit too aggressively.

Daly for Williams (back to Wales) sounds about right.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 10:21
Also got Strettle, Maitland and Lewington there.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 10:35
Strettle surely in his last year?

MESSAGES->author
woodpecker (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 10:59
Strettle, surely he must be over 40!

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 11:05
They have very good cover in nearly all positions. That is their strength.

BerkeleyWood
The Bear (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 11:07
He may well be taking a paucity, but with the depth and quality they have they must all be on a relative pittance.

Got to hand it to them though, their recruitment is on a whole other level.

Adopted Player:
[18] - Taulupe Faletau

samlee99
samlee99 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 11:18
Quote:
The Bear
He may well be taking a paucity, but with the depth and quality they have they must all be on a relative pittance.
Got to hand it to them though, their recruitment is on a whole other level.

I'm sure they are all very well rewarded which you can do if you don't pay any attention to the salary cap and give "compensation payments" to other clubs of course.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 15:12
Just remembered - wasn't Fekitoa going to Wasps?

HMilner
Big Dog (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 16:58
I am not sure how I feel about this. If you can't beat the big bad beast of a team that dominates everyone else, as the star on another team, you join them...

Poor, if it happens, from Daly. I'd be surprised though if true - although he is good friends with Wade who has gone and so may be losing interest in the Wasps camp.

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

miller8
miller8 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 17:06
Everyone wants to be there? Not many of the general public in their area do it seems.

Bath Supporter Jack

07 December, 2018 17:10
It is intriguing how they seem to fit them all into the salary cap.

Also players seem happy to go there knowing they might not play.....

dannyf2
dannyf2 (IP Logged)

07 December, 2018 20:13
Quote:
miller8
Everyone wants to be there? Not many of the general public in their area do it seems.

Lol true

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

08 December, 2018 07:45
Really? I think they're nearly selling out every week and are looking to extend...

BerkeleyWood
The Bear (IP Logged)

08 December, 2018 08:25
Can't remember if they're had any home Twickenham/Wembley games yet but Sarries currently 8th on the attendance table, just above Exeter in 9th. Bath currently 4th.

I know the Rec is bigger but there's more than one home game difference between our attendance and theirs, so I'd guess they're not selling out every week.

Adopted Player:
[18] - Taulupe Faletau

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

08 December, 2018 08:35
Really? The capacity at the Rec is 14,500. The capacity at AzPark is 10k. There have been 9 games. Maths.

BerkeleyWood
The Bear (IP Logged)

08 December, 2018 09:42
Quote:
hasta
Really? The capacity at the Rec is 14,500. The capacity at AzPark is 10k. There have been 9 games. Maths.

Charmant.

There is a 27000 difference in the total attendances between us and Sarries. That equates to 6 games with an attendance between our full capacity and theirs. We've both played 5 home games.

Anyhow Saracens are at 86.2% capacity in a 10000 seater stadium, we are at 97% in a 14500 stadium. Maths.

Adopted Player:
[18] - Taulupe Faletau

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

08 December, 2018 12:15
My understanding is that the put quite a few ticket prices up this year and that annoyed quite a few ST holders?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net