rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

Toulouse pre-match
07 January, 2019 18:38
Who is eating where before the game? Any suggestions? 8 of us want to sit down for a decent long lunch, with a bit of rugby atmosphere. Haven’t been before so suggestiins gratefully received.

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

Re: Toulouse pre-match
07 January, 2019 20:44
Trevor Brennan’s new place is great fun, and food is good too. Lots of rugby chat and banter, and get a lot of the ex players in and out. Even if you don’t go before the game it is a must during the weekend.
His old place was good fun but this much better. Just book taxis or else it is a hell of a walk (found out!!)

[www.brennansbar.fr]

There are some good places to eat and most like rugby and will chat away....and if like your steak L'Entrecôte is great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 21:31 by Awp24975.

MESSAGES->author
Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)

08 January, 2019 10:02
We went to a lovely restaurant called Le Mae if memory is correct. Recommended to our freinds by Stuart Barnes!
It's not a rugby place though

RagingBull5
RagingBull5 (IP Logged)

08 January, 2019 16:12
Where is good to go pre game on the Sunday for some afternoon beers? Would be good to get a good group of Bath fans together!

Bath Supporter Jack

08 January, 2019 17:57
Le May (surely that's a joke) is closed for refurbishment!!!

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

08 January, 2019 19:08
Quote:
Optimist
Who is eating where before the game? Any suggestions? 8 of us want to sit down for a decent long lunch, with a bit of rugby atmosphere. Haven’t been before so suggestiins gratefully received.

Frog and Rosbif if on previous trips - is it still there?

Stuart

Former ed.

Never In Doubt
Never In Doubt (IP Logged)

10 January, 2019 16:31
I have never been to Toulouse but the Stadium brasserie is normally decent (Well it was Toulon). Close to the ground and plenty of atmosphere.

Beergoggles
Beergoggles (IP Logged)

10 January, 2019 16:41
Quote:
Never In Doubt
I have never been to Toulouse but the Stadium brasserie is normally decent (Well it was Toulon). Close to the ground and plenty of atmosphere.

And I thought getting a wooden fork with your pie was the height of sophistication. Brasseries at rugby gounds, whatever next !

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2019 17:22
Wait for the new Rec development BG. Vegan popups, sushi and....shivers...’bowl food’ aplenty no doubt.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

RagingBull5
RagingBull5 (IP Logged)

10 January, 2019 18:10
We’ve booked a table in the Frog & Rosbif for 12:30! Then can either stay there till 2 or head round the corner to the melting pot!

RagingBull5
RagingBull5 (IP Logged)

Toulouse Away
13 January, 2019 18:12
Let’s move on from the win and take that into the next game in Toulouse. I’m hoping we can build on the game and score some nice try’s in the process. Who’s getting behind the boys and making the trip out to Toulouse? Anyone got any tips for bars and restaurants on the Sunday?

Bath Supporter Jack

Re: Toulouse Away
13 January, 2019 18:20
There's another thread

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 21:51
Quote:
RagingBull5
We’ve booked a table in the Frog & Rosbif for 12:30! Then can either stay there till 2 or head round the corner to the melting pot!

2?

Game is 4.15.

Stuart

Former ed.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 22:15
So wish I could be there, have a glass or two for me

RagingBull5
RagingBull5 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2019 08:00
Yer we were planning. To head at 2 and be at the ground about an hour before kick off? Unless people recon it’s better to get their earlier?

Pulteney
Pulteney (IP Logged)

14 January, 2019 16:15
Are you planning to walk (stagger) to the ground - it looks as though it’s a couple of miles from the Rosbif!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2019 17:55 by Pulteney.

RagingBull5
RagingBull5 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2019 17:20
We were planning on getting the metro up to “Barriere de Paris” which looks to be a short ride?

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2019 17:44
We are planning on going to Colomiers to watch Ex Bath boys Jonny F and possibly Kane on Friday night (dependant on alcohol consumption and how much effort it takes to leave the pub we have settled in).
Saturday its off to Trevor Brennan’s for the afternoon / evening, watching the rugby on tv.
Sunday, think it will be more a case of waking up on time and making our way straight to the ground after two days solid drinking!

ChippenhamRoman
ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)

Re: Toulouse Away
14 January, 2019 18:19
Quote:
RagingBull5
Let’s move on from the win and take that into the next game in Toulouse. I’m hoping we can build on the game and score some nice try’s in the process. Who’s getting behind the boys and making the trip out to Toulouse? Anyone got any tips for bars and restaurants on the Sunday?

Me and three of my school mates heading over on Saturday from Stanstead. Looking forward to the trip immensely. I’m sure the game will be rubbish, but the weekend will be Class.

Have been reading a bit about the Yellow Jacket protests. Seems there has been a bit of tear gas and riot police in the past weekends.

Remember, keep moving and soak a scarf in water before going out!

J

48-6
48-6 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2019 19:34
For those who may be thinking of meeting up at Trevor Brennan's Bar (De Danu I think it's called) I believe Trevor left Toulouse a few years back (maybe to join his son when he signed for Montpellier?)

Also, using my schoolboy french, I believe De Danu is closed until early February which is a shame because they have a good range of beers and good food.

Plenty of other good bars around the Capitole though.

See you in Toulouse!

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2019 19:54
Trevor is still very much in Toulouse. He lives in Castelginest which is about 5 miles from the ground. His new bar is here and is a brilliant place to visit, bigger and better version of De Danu.

48-6
48-6 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2019 20:43
Thanks Awp- I assumed you would be in the centre of the town hence I recal his bar near the Capitole. Apologies for the confusion.
Sounds like a fun place to be so we might meet there. If so, I will buy you a beer.
Is there a Metro stop anywhere near his bar? If so, what station?

Awp24975
Awp24975 (IP Logged)

14 January, 2019 21:03
No, but taxis are cheap, and they will order you one to get back if you ask them. If not Uber works everywhere!

Bag Inton
Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)

15 January, 2019 14:33
Just to let you know that you'll be joined by a fair few Glassdoor supporters in Toulouse, we are playing Castres Saturday...with many staying in Toulouse and a goodly few of us coming along to cheer you on against the French on Sunday, even we couldn't cheer on the French ;-) ....chaque fois ref...! So if you see a cherry and white fan buy him a glass of wine and enjoy the bonhomie ....

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

15 January, 2019 15:12
Quote:
Ken I L Worth
Just to let you know that you'll be joined by a fair few Glassdoor supporters in Toulouse, we are playing Castres Saturday...with many staying in Toulouse and a goodly few of us coming along to cheer you on against the French on Sunday, even we couldn't cheer on the French ;-) ....chaque fois ref...! So if you see a cherry and white fan buy him a glass of wine and enjoy the bonhomie ....

Toulouse should be rocking!

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Bag Inton
Ken I L Worth (IP Logged)

15 January, 2019 15:32
...and Quins are playing Agen Friday night...so the airport will be busy all weekend with English rugby fans.

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

15 January, 2019 21:34
Quote:
RagingBull5
We were planning on getting the metro up to “Barriere de Paris” which looks to be a short ride?

Last time they ran shuttle buses from one of the Metro stations.

Stuart

Former ed.

48-6
48-6 (IP Logged)

15 January, 2019 21:46
Yep, you are correct Stuart. On match day there is a free shuttle bus from the Metro Station Barriere de Paris on Metro Ligne B that takes you to just outside the ground.

RagingBull5
RagingBull5 (IP Logged)

15 January, 2019 21:51
Frog and rosbif 12pm-2pm then metro it is!

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

16 January, 2019 21:52
[imgur.com]

Stuart

Former ed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2019 21:56 by TCM2007.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net