rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

Other European games
11 January, 2019 22:02
Brilliant performance by Munster & to think their head coach was a whisker away from joining us.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

Re: Other European games
11 January, 2019 22:32
Not sure if it was a whisker but for me the big difference was Murray's speed and accuracy of delivery with Carberry's orchestration but let's also acknowledge a Munster pack that are back to close to their best

Players of thst calibre with the likes of O'Mahony make coaching very easy

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

11 January, 2019 22:43
A dominant pack like that also make being a 9 much easier, but CM was excellent, you have to think its Leinster or Munster. I fear a bit for England in the 6N.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

12 January, 2019 07:24
I see that Banners wasn’t playing but wasn’t listed as unavailable - is he out of favour / form?

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

12 January, 2019 08:42
Quote:
BathMatt53
I see that Banners wasn’t playing but wasn’t listed as unavailable - is he out of favour / form?

He could be rested, rotated, carrying a slight knock, under the weather etc.etc. It is a squad game so is of little significance.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

12 January, 2019 08:43
Quote:
BathMatt53

Think it is simply he is not first choice starter given the wings they have in their squad. Both of them last night are much quicker than Banners and their game was clearly based on running from deep field positions

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

12 January, 2019 08:47
Quote:
gaz59
Not sure if it was a whisker

It said at the time & still can be found online that he was coming to Bath but the SARU put a stop to it as he was still contracted to the Springboks. That sounds like a whisker but it doesn’t mean he would have been any more of a success than TB or Dempsey appear to be.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

12 January, 2019 18:56
Great tussle in Toulon!

Toulon 12-18 Edinburgh at 55mins

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

12 January, 2019 22:57
Even better one at Clermont 7 tries to 6 !

MESSAGES->author
shendy (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 10:45
Before the game I hoped Clermont didn't put 40 points on us - never thought we'd put 40 on them.
With a sharper defence - and it's been a strength recently - and a different ref we could have had them, which would have been an astonishing result as that wasn't a weak Clermont side.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 10:51
Agree Shendy, amazing game, thought that Dingwall had a lot of time to do his stuff and that Grayson was an excellent young stand in when Biggar got crocked. Super close at the end!

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 13:05
Exeter go through 15 phases in the first three minutes and run in (yes, you heard that right) a great try. Loads of pressure, Castres defence all over the place.

Wish we could hold onto the ball.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 14:33
Castres red card - how is it even possible for somebody whose career is to play rugby to be that stupid?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 14:40
Twice in 60 seconds Opti the same player tip tackled an Exeter player then at the same breakdown threw the swinging arm for the red.

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 16:38
Lyon vs Sarries - deliberate stamp to the knee. Brace bottles it and just gives yellow. Terrible reffing, that sort of thuggery has to be red.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 January, 2019 16:41
Dave Ward on Thomas Young was only yellow as well, seems consistent.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net