rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

CVC and Infront -To buy part of 6N and World rugby
12 March, 2019 21:15
CVC are looking to buy a stake in the 6N I'm really not sure how much we want this!

You wonder if EJ's comments about relegation in the 6N was based on prior knowledge?

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2019 12:03 by shipwrecked.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

Re: CVC Round 2 -To buy part of 6N
13 March, 2019 10:50
You have to worry about the games being taken off normal TV or even a pay-per-view model being brought in. I am a boxing fan and hate the way that pay-per-view has become the norm for even medium sized events. The 6N games are big events and I could see a situation where greed takes over.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 12:02
You only have to look at what CVC have done to F1 in that expect, is it good for one company to have hold large chunks of the Premiership and 6N? Live viewing of the 6N would almost certainly go PPV.

100 million sounds attractive but when its gone, its gone. Sport seems under a systematic attack. Boxing, F1, Wembley, Prem, 6N.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

DorsetBoy
Dorset Boy (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 12:20
Isn't the 6N one of the 'protected sports events'?

That said I wouldn't be comfortable with this, but equally do we want a Nations championship if that destroyed the 6N?

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 12:25
PPV 6N.... Bill McLaren would not have approved.

SJS
SJS (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 14:31
quote]Isn't the 6N one of the 'protected sports events'?[/quote]

It is, but it's category B, which means it can be PPV/off FTA but only if there is a comprehensive highlights package or delayed broadcast. WC is FTA only.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 March, 2019 17:00
I'm beginning to think we are all missing something here:

The global sports markeing company Infront have offered 5 BILLION POUNDS to support the Nations Championship.

Make CVC's offer a bit tiny really doesn't it.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 01:17
Quote:
shipwrecked
The global sports markeing company Infront have offered 5 BILLION POUNDS to support the Nations Championship.

Over 12 years. That's 21 million per nation per year. Squad of 42ish and 10 matches? It just means the players will get more money and the blazers more gin. And what do Infront want for their pound of flesh? Enjoy the game while you can, boys, cos it's about to sell its soul.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2019 01:20 by joethefanatic.

MESSAGES->author
Coalminer (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 08:48
CEO of Infront is the nephew of Sepp Blatter.
However FIFA have said that Sepp Blatter was not involved in awarding Football world cup rights to Infront in 2002.

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 09:10
21 million for what? Does that come on top of all the TV money and the gate receipts and the merchandising? If it is instead of all of that, then I am not sure that the RFU will go for it. They get something like 80 million from internationals hospitality and ticket sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2019 09:14 by cb2.

MESSAGES->author
hemington (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 09:18
Quote:
Coalminer
CEO of Infront is the nephew of Sepp Blatter.
However FIFA have said that Sepp Blatter was not involved in awarding Football world cup rights to Infront in 2002.

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her front?

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 11:57
Quote:
joethefanatic
Quote:
shipwrecked

Over 12 years. That's 21 million per nation per year. Squad of 42ish and 10 matches? It just means the players will get more money and the blazers more gin. And what do Infront want for their pound of flesh? Enjoy the game while you can, boys, cos it's about to sell its soul.

That is my concern too Joe, here we are discussing on the "transfer rumours" thread how to avoid being thousands over the cap when in board room the numbers are in the tens of millions.

As long as rugby provides a spectacle player welfare and adherence to cap etc will become an irrelevance. PPV will become the norm so hang on to your season tickets gents!

Can't see any of the owners offering reassurance at the moment so I guess they are already on board!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net