rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

TCUP: Mental Skills article
13 March, 2019 07:11
[www.somersetlive.co.uk]

Interesting article here. As an aside, I hadn’t actually realised that KW was only part time and visits Farleigh once a fortnight.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2019 07:12 by BathMatt53.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

Re: TCUP: Mental Skills article
13 March, 2019 08:17
I was doing quite well reading the article but then under pressure of getting to work failed to read to the end.

MESSAGES->author
joethefanatic (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 08:23
Quote:
B4thB4ck
I was doing quite well reading the article but then under pressure of getting to work failed to read to the end.

Never mind, it'll probably be alright next time. Or the time after that. Or...

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

SJS
SJS (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 09:13
Interesting quote from AW:

"I feel the culture under Mike Ford was spot on and you could see that by the way we played when we got to the Premiership final"

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 10:21
Quote:
SJS
Interesting quote from AW:
"I feel the culture under Mike Ford was spot on and you could see that by the way we played when we got to the Premiership final"

Yes - I’m not sure we have seen that since then? Fortnightly (fttb) group sessions, only focusing on “cultural” issues, the coaches working on closing out games. Is that enough???

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 11:42
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Fortnightly (fttb) group sessions, only focusing on “cultural” issues, the coaches working on closing out games. Is that enough???

That's not what it says at all

"The frequency of her presence at Farleigh House varies "depending on the stage of the project". On average, she is at the training base once a fortnight but also works remotely.

Warriner holds group sessions and one-to-ones with some of the players and still has commitments with Team GB until the Tokyo Olympics in 2020"

Also says that there is agreement to increase her time after Tokyo commitments. Players have access to Macpherson [incidentally G Ford was very positive about his impact and value] and they are seeking the right person to come in under KW

Sounds like a very well thought through long term strategic investment - collective team psychological development is always far more complex and multi layered than individual performance

Fair play to the club I say

cb2
cb2 (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 12:29
Watson was a star junior not an average academy player, whatever he himself might say.

I think the problem with that final against Sarries was the way we went OTT after the semi final win. The players and the crowd were going crazy. Someone should have calmed it all down and explained that the job wasn't finished.

cookiecrumble
cookiecrumble (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 12:36
Wasn’t Watson knocked out by Faz in the final?

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

13 March, 2019 18:04
He was and the atmosphere in the ground changed dramatically. It took a lot of energy, optmism and momentum out of the team as well as sidelining our most potent player

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net