rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

Out for the Rest of the Season
15 March, 2019 15:41
A little paragraph from TB on the Bath website slipped through yesterday.

Confirmed that Bayliss, Grant and Willison are now added to that list of permanent absentees.
(Faletau, Brew, Atkins are already confirmed)
Add to that the possibility that Garvey and Roko could also be near to that conclusion.

With 6 games left and the threat of 8 players permanently unavailable for selection it could jeopardise further a good run in if other injuries are picked up elsewhere.

What an attritional sport this is!

The good news -
Watson, Underhill and Louw all coming good.

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

Re: Out for the Rest of the Season
15 March, 2019 17:00
It was linked on the injury update thread and commented there.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

15 March, 2019 23:47
Tons of injuries and 5 away games out of 6. Not exactly ideal.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

16 March, 2019 06:13
I think that 8 out (3 of whom are not regular starters) is about as ‘good’ as can be expected at this stage of the season? Frustrating for those 8, but it seems a long time ago that we were regularly without 20-odd players every week and AW, Beno, Ellis and Underhill back is massive.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Biddy
Biddy (IP Logged)

09 April, 2019 23:44
Flo out for season! Confirmed.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 08:01
AW appears a few weeks away though Matt, Underhill and Beno need a game or two to get back to their best but I'm increasingly impressed by Ellis, he always seems to nick a lineout or two.

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 09:02
Quote:
shipwrecked
AW appears a few weeks away though Matt, Underhill and Beno need a game or two to get back to their best but I'm increasingly impressed by Ellis, he always seems to nick a lineout or two.

I wrote that a month ago when they said that AW was back that week!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 09:18
Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
shipwrecked

I wrote that a month ago when they said that AW was back that week!

Might sound odd but I would prefer him to be out for the season rather than come back and get crocked again!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 09:32
Nah, get him back on that pitch he must be absolutely chomping to play a bit of rugby (even just a couple of games) to get him into those summer squads.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 09:39
I kind of agree SW - if Watson really can come back firing on all cylinders then it would be wonderful to see him in a match day squad. But what is the realistic likelihood of a rusty Watson being a better option at this stage than a match-sharpened Homer?

If we were to get 5 points from the Glos game this w/e, making the play-offs a possibility, then I could see a point in easing Ant back in. But with probably only 4 games left for him to get anywhere near match sharpness, the risks might outweigh the potential returns.

TomReagan
TomReagan (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 09:55
I'd agree with that Optimist, but Watson will presumably be desperate to play to be in with a chance of making it to the World Cup. It than throws up the question of whether the coaches make the call depending on what's good for the team- might they agree with the view that he's better off being protected - or choosing to help AW make the England side. (A similar issue has just arisen at Somerset with the batting order being changed to try and finally get James Hildreth an international call up).

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 10:07
Tricky balance - you really wouldn't want to deny any player their opportunity to be at a World Cup, but I think Eddie will have Ant in camp whatever happens now, and will probably regard the evidence he presents there as more important than, at most, 2-3 sub appearances and 1-2 starts in the Premiership.

TG Kesmo
TG Kesmo (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 11:28
If he’s fit and ready yes if he’s not 100% no - Simples.

MESSAGES->author
hasta (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 14:49
Watson (if fit) will definitely be in the wider England camp for the pre-RWC friendlies.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 15:09
If AW was close to playing wouldn't he have featured in the A League game? Or maybe TdG is keeping him out?!

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

10 April, 2019 19:58
Yes, definitely 8 out now with FL joining that elite group.
The speculation about AW'S possible return also leaves a big question mark hanging.
Roko sounds more hopeful but still not a certain return to action.

If a final push to gain top 6 is required we are definitely running down on the resources available.

Last season we needed every point of the 56 just to scrape through on the last day.

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

11 April, 2019 18:48
A problem not confined to us - wish [www.theguardian.com] Dan Robson a speedy recovery, but Eddie’s scrum-half stupidity is coming home to roost

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net