rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

DaveOfTrow
GrumpyDave (IP Logged)

RWC19 and the tout-tastic ticket bots
09 May, 2019 08:02
Ohayo (mornin)

The third issue of tkts for RWC19 goes on general sale on 18th May. Inevitably, viagogo and the other corporate touts seem to be out to make/break/fleece the market and sure enough games classed as “low demand” when I entered the official ballot way back were sold out before the last general sale window closed. Or maybe it meant they anticipated “low demand” only during the ballot period. Anyway...

Viagogo are adding a £180 “admin fee” per Cat C ticket, so the ones I got for France Argentina at ¥14k each are now on viagogo at ¥40k, despite their “FV” designation (which claims to mean they’re face value). Or how about Georgia vs Uruguay, face value £25, markup also £180!

Ok free market and all that, but yer average grumpy rugby fan about town vs an army of ticket “bots” is hardly a fair fight. Can’t wait for the empty stadia a la footy WC18, etc

I know they’re always around to spoil the party, but anyone know what sort of proportion of tix the corporate touts really get?

MESSAGES->author
TCM2007 (IP Logged)

Re: RWC19 and the tout-tastic ticket bots
09 May, 2019 08:13
Where do you see the handling fee? That’s outrageous.

They claim that all tickets in secondary sites are listed by individuals- maybe.

Stuart

Former ed.

DanWiley
DanWiley (IP Logged)

09 May, 2019 12:36
Similar thing happened to me with tickets for a barbar game at Twickenham, I think the face value was something like £80, which jumped to £320 at checkout.

The worst of it was the time pressure the site put you under (big countdown clock in one corner, a graphic of a queue of people building up behind you in the other) meant I could easily have not noticed.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

09 May, 2019 14:21
Ed Sheeran took a stand against viagogo, such that tickets bought through them were invalid.

Invalid concert tickets.

Obvious need to be careful, I would complain, if its happened once what is to stop a repeat.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

09 May, 2019 14:26
Quote:
DanWiley
Similar thing happened to me with tickets for a barbar game at Twickenham, I think the face value was something like £80, which jumped to £320 at checkout.
The worst of it was the time pressure the site put you under (big countdown clock in one corner, a graphic of a queue of people building up behind you in the other) meant I could easily have not noticed.

I would get an RFU membership if you don't already - they were trying to flog those tickets to me on an almost daily basis.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

DaveOfTrow
GrumpyDave (IP Logged)

09 May, 2019 22:38
Quote:
TCM2007
Where do you see the handling fee? That’s outrageous.
They claim that all tickets in secondary sites are listed by individuals- maybe.

Outrageous indeed. Cant imagine there are too many individuals who even bought tix for this fixture in the first place.

Hopefully this effort to embed an image will work and apologies if the pic is a bit big - struggling with the whole emdedded pic thing on 'ere.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47812352921_39619035ca_b.jpg

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

10 May, 2019 08:17
The government could easily clamp down on ticket tout sites, but chooses not to.

Shame the RWC organisers aren't taking the same view as Ed Sheeran's promoters.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

10 May, 2019 09:14
Quote:
OutsideBath
The government could easily clamp down on ticket tout sites, but chooses not to.
Shame the RWC organisers aren't taking the same view as Ed Sheeran's promoters.

Agree OB, it wouldn't take many stands like that to break the scam.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net