rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

World Rugby U20 Championship 2019 - England U20 v Ireland U20
04 June, 2019 19:44
Currently on YouTube with Bath Rugby's Tom de Glanville and new recruit Ollie Fox.
[m.youtube.com]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

Re: World Rugby U20 Championship 2019 - England U20 v Ireland U20
04 June, 2019 19:59
Excellent, thanks DCSH.

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 20:24
Ollie Fox learning a painful lesson as he gifts Ireland a try! I suppose its better he does it in an England shirt rather than a Bath one. Quick thinking by the Irish centre though!

For those who didn't see it, scrum on the try line England win it and OF rolls the ball back over the try line with his foot in preparation for the clearance kick.

Once its over the try line the irish centre jumps on it as he can't be offside...TRy.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 20:36 by shipwrecked.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 20:45
...he didn’t learn from the first one. Ref keeps calling it out when it’s not clear of the back foot and Fox keeps getting caught by it.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 20:52
Class from Tom de Glanville to create the space for the try! Little hold before giving the scoring pass to Seabrook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 20:54 by shipwrecked.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 21:06
England crucified by indiscipline here

Bepetas
Bepetas (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 21:10
Definite red card! Picking a player up and dropping them on their head... crazy.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 21:22
Fox has a good pass but otherwise looks extremely green even at this level IMO, has made a number of errors - not alone mind you, too many knocks on and dropped balls from England.

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 21:22
Quote:
Bepetas
Definite red card! Picking a player up and dropping them on their head... crazy.
I would question why the Irish player was lifting his right leg over the England players shoulder and climbing onto his back...

Johnflinn
NOM (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 21:34
Quote:
BathMatt53
Fox has a good pass but otherwise looks extremely green even at this level IMO, has made a number of errors - not alone mind you, too many knocks on and dropped balls from England.
Extremely green is generous. Not sure his pass is that sharp - footwork is messy and pedestrian. That is the good bit, he cost first 2 tries with charge down box kick then gifted second try not knowing the laws. Had a chance to finish off a class break by Hodge at the end and kicked it straight into the defenders hands......hopefully this was just a bad day for the lad. Tom DG on the other hand is continuing to show he has international class. Comfortably switched into 10 from 15 a couple of times and seems to have bags of time-sign of great quality.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 21:34
Quote:
BathMatt53

I agree Matt decision making from the break was slow and confused, can't see him keeping his place to be honest!

Boldangrey
Boldangrey (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 22:30
Has anyone seen the size of those 'Baby' Blacks? Jeeeez.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 23:14
Quote:
Boldangrey
Has anyone seen the size of those 'Baby' Blacks? Jeeeez.

Yep Baby is the wrong adjective there defo.

Add to that Joe Cockasiga's cousin came on as a sub at No8...That family must have big big genes! Rusiate Tuima, only problem is he is in the Exeter academy! 6ft 5" and 19.5 stone.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 23:46
Fox is from the Yorkshire set-up, therefore the latest in a line of immediate picks for Hooper/Rock.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

04 June, 2019 23:55
Quote:
ballsout
Fox is from the Yorkshire set-up, therefore the latest in a line of immediate picks for Hooper/Rock.

Problem is though BO he wasn't picked for this game by Hooper or Rock but by the England selectors, so there must be something good about him, perhaps we just caught him on a bad day.

B4thB4ck
B4thB4ck (IP Logged)

05 June, 2019 07:32
Wow, it's only early June and someone is already on the case of the coaching setup even though the players aren't appearing for Bath. 2019/20 could be a long season.

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2019 07:46
Fox is only young and in the academy anyway, so lots of time for him to learn the hard way before he hits 1st team games.

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2019 09:19
Completely agree BathMatt though Mitchell at age 22 looked really impressive against Baa Baas. As an understudy to Reinach Saints have two classy options at 9.

We are investing a lot of hope in Green [just one year younger than Mitchell] and Fox, let's hope it pays off

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

05 June, 2019 09:26
‘We are investing a lot of hope in Green ‘ .... ‘we’ as in supporters, or as in the club?

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

05 June, 2019 11:08
Quote:
Optimist
‘We are investing a lot of hope in Green ‘ .... ‘we’ as in supporters, or as in the club?

That is a really good question. Sometimes I guess the 'we' will mean both, just two different strands of the same organism. The best example obviously will be Liverpool

But here I think I mean supporters. In matters like player development I don't think supporters have any right beyond hope but the club will have invested much more [training, coaching, mentoring etc] and can reasonably stake a level of return based on expectation

opti
Optimist (IP Logged)

05 June, 2019 12:28
My feeling is that we, the supporters, are investing a lot of hope in Green but not a lot of faith in Chudley, while the Club is investing a lot of faith in Chudley and - judging by the recruitment of Ollie Fox - not a lot of hope in Green. Cook remains a frustration to both the Club and the supporters - capable of moments of brilliance, generally good all-round but prone to a gaff here and there that prevents him from getting a consistent run as first choice.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

05 June, 2019 12:53
I don't think Cook will become the natural 9 at Bath, according to Wikipedia he joined the club in 2010 went out on loan for a bit returning in 2014. At 28 if he hasn't cracked it here will he do so in the future? He would have become a better player perhaps if he had spent some time elsewhere.

Fox is young and evidently still learning, he does need to be given a chance but compare him to Tom de Glanville, TDG will definite make it, not so definite about Fox.

Chudley is a good 9 but for me isn't automatic first pick. AS I've said on a number of occasions I yearn for a Faf de Clerc, Rhys Webb, Reinacht type who can boss the game and be a leader from the base of the scrum.

That one signing could transform our backs, especially our current 10's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net