rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Omba
Omba (IP Logged)

Thank you for renewing
13 June, 2019 08:55
I am enjoying (sic) the pitiful attention to detail of the "Thanks" email just received.

3 games, 2 of the descriptions wrongly assigned, 1 player quote and score wrongly assigned.

All 3 games as described are incorrect in some way

How hard can it be.......(Sm164)

nixworld2
nixworld2 (IP Logged)

Re: Thank you for renewing
13 June, 2019 09:21
(Sm147) They are a laugh, aren't they? As someone who works in comms, I look forward to every communication from Bath Rugby so that I can find mistakes. Proofread, proofread and proofread again! This one in particular is truly terrible.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 June, 2019 09:39
Its not only Bath rugby that are at fault, BBC keep getting scores and other details wrong on their site as well.

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2019 10:54
Despite contacting them a few times to try and get their communications, I still don't. Even an error-strewn one would be a step up for me!

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

13 June, 2019 12:55
Likewise BathMatt53, their communications seem to miss my Inbox too.

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

13 June, 2019 13:12
BM and VJ are you ST holders and have you renewed?

HOP

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 June, 2019 13:17
Yes and Yes. I tried a few times last season to get myself back on the list, including logging in and changing preferences and also e-mailing them. No luck I'm afraid.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

13 June, 2019 13:58
Yes, most surprised to even receive the e-mail this time.
The only others which seem to arrive regularly are those very annoying match day experience surveys.

It beggars belief that the requirement to communicate clearly and correctly to the ever-suffering supporter base is so poorly addressed.

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

13 June, 2019 21:02
Yes, I too am a season ticket holder. I even gave them an alternative email address but it doesnít seem to have had any effect. At best I just get the weekly team announcement didnít get anything about renewing my season ticket.

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

13 June, 2019 23:37
There has to be something radically wrong with their IT system. I have a lesser issue with the names they address me by & have mentioned it countless times but they seem incapable of correcting it. It is difficult to understand what it can be but there are two many cases for it that be sheer inefficiency.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 June, 2019 11:13
Quote:
Bath Hammer
There has to be something radically wrong with their IT system. I have a lesser issue with the names they address me by & have mentioned it countless times but they seem incapable of correcting it. It is difficult to understand what it can be but there are two many cases for it that be sheer inefficiency.

It will be that they have to manually add or alter the fields in the database and they don't have the staff to do so or access is difficult (GDPR.)

I would suggest new additions are fine as would be automated. You are being indirectly penalised for being longstanding members!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

VinceJ
VinceJ (IP Logged)

14 June, 2019 15:58
In my case 30 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net