rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Hamptonite
Hamptonite (IP Logged)

Our temp coach?
12 July, 2019 17:27
Sorry, but no information on this from me but just thinking that we should be announcing whoever our temporary forwards coach is very shortly, as once the S and C guys have done their bit over the first few weeks, we need to be getting into the technicals!

MESSAGES->author
OutsideBath (IP Logged)

Re: Our temp coach?
12 July, 2019 19:11
You should contact the club and offer your services, they seem happy to wing it with an unqualified DOR and no HC so reckon you'd have a decent chance of being appointed.. (Sm100)

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 19:54
You would hope so. I can easily see us striking out and not getting anyone.

Long Term
Long Term (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 20:58
(Sm78)

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 21:04
So forum posters are criticised for supposedly knowing more than Eddie and yet the club is criticised for knowing whether or not they need an additional coach?

If they feel they need one I guess they will get one - if they feel that they don’t or can’t get anyone good enough I guess they won’t?

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 22:31
I mentioned that on the other thread Luke Charteris will be in place, the point was made that he is not versed in the dark arts of the front row, to be honest I'd be happy to wait if it meant we got our lineouts perfect.

Quite like Longterm's post, the world will still carry on turning even if we don't appoint.

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

annie blackthorn
annie blackthorn (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 09:21
Well H, if you havn't heard anything on the grapevine/jungle drums network, of which you have many contacts, then its business as usual and the same situation persists.

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 12:13
Quote:
BathMatt53
So forum posters are criticised for supposedly knowing more than Eddie and yet the club is criticised for knowing whether or not they need an additional coach?
If they feel they need one I guess they will get one - if they feel that they don’t or can’t get anyone good enough I guess they won’t?

I know you like to pick fault in every single post, but this makes no sense.

The club said they want to get someone in. If they do, great. If they don't manage to...

BathMatt53
BathMatt53 (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 18:33
ok I’ll try again. Eddie knows more than us - I agree with you. The club knows more than us as well about what they want and need and indeed if they have anyone lined up.

Sure it’s not perfect, but I just don’t see the constant requirement to literally criticise absolutely everything about the club at all times tbh.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

wetside
wetside (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 19:43
Quote:
BathMatt53
ok I’ll try again. Eddie knows more than us - I agree with you. The club knows more than us as well about what they want and need and indeed if they have anyone lined up.
Sure it’s not perfect, but I just don’t see the constant requirement to literally criticise absolutely everything about the club 9at all times tbh.
+1

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 21:13
A temporary coach is temporary. So from now until Hats arrives what influential and high level coach is available for 4 months? Frankly I think taking on a temporary coach would be counterproductive to our preseason as they wont be around when Hats arrives. I thought the plan was that Hats has left instructions for preseason presumably to be overseen by Charteris and co

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Hamptonite
Hamptonite (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 22:12
Quote:
CoochieCoo
A temporary coach is temporary. So from now until Hats arrives what influential and high level coach is available for 4 months? Frankly I think taking on a temporary coach would be counterproductive to our preseason as they wont be around when Hats arrives. I thought the plan was that Hats has left instructions for preseason presumably to be overseen by Charteris and co

I think only someone from SH super rugby who would be on secondment until Christmas.
I’d be betting on a South African but I wouldn’t bet much!

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 22:34
Well evem Jones himself has been known to take on a short term coaching consultancy. Not for one minute suggesting him for the rec but just shows big names can be available for short term assignments

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 22:53
Well if such a person is available they have to be on the same wave length as Hats otherwise the players will get completely confused and it may end up in a shambles!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 23:41
Do you mean here?

Coffee shop in Bradford on Avon?

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/D7WXEH/the-shambles-coffee-shop-bradford-on-avon-a-small-town-in-wiltshire-D7WXEH.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

dcsh
dcsh (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 08:41
I didn’t get the email saying the club was looking for a temp coach (quirk of the comms department...) and have only seen if reported. We might not know for some time if being “under” staffed in the coaching department during preseason will have negative effect on the season, but recent history at the club does point to the need to have sufficient man power across the set up.

Blackadder’s last interview: His biggest regret [www.somersetlive.co.uk]

In terms of decisions he would have made differently, there was one above all others that he regretted.

When head and attack coach Tabai Matson left at the start of the 2017/18 season, only a year into his four-year contract, he was not replaced until after the campaign had ended.

The public reason given for his departure was that he was returning home due to family illness.

Blackadder, who worked with him at Crusaders in Super Rugby, said: “When Tabs left there was a void there.

"We were dealing with a lot of events at that time – injuries and other stuff – and Toby Booth, Darren Edwards and I were overworked.”

"I know I could have done a better job, but it was so much for three guys when we were playing in four competitions.”

"We were chasing our tails. We were just surviving rather than thriving. We should have brought an attack coach in.”

gaz59
gaz59 (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 09:54
Quote:
CoochieCoo
Well if such a person is available they have to be on the same wave length as Hats otherwise the players will get completely confused and it may end up in a shambles!

Agreed but that is a quality that a quality consultant in any field will bring. Deliver to the brief and the brief, as I recall it reported, is to start coaching the system and techniques that Hats wants to see in place

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 11:08
Quote:
BathMatt53

Ok?

If they know they want someone, if they try and get someone... and fail to do so and yet again have to backtrack on a PR statement... that's poor, if unsurprising.

Hopefully they'll find someone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net