rugbyunion
Latest News:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

john fox
johnnyf (IP Logged)

New Additions to Senior Squad
12 July, 2019 22:04
Has this slipped under the radar or has there been an announcement elsewhere?

Will Britton
Jack Dvies
Tom Doughty
Sam Nixon
Levi Davis
Ollie Fox

- All added to the Senior Squad on the Club Website.
De Glanville's arrival was formally announced but these have not.

Is this a right?

sid the seagull
sid the seagull (IP Logged)

Re: New Additions to Senior Squad
12 July, 2019 22:22
Peculiar.
The senior squad apparently has 49 players but NOT including TdG.
I suspect silly season media/techno goof.

HOP

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

12 July, 2019 22:33
It is mentioned in the sticky at the top of the page, no answer but just saying its there also.

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 12:14
Good way to fast forward the homegrown/EQP target I suppose.

Reid, Vaughan, Nixon, absolutely fine, but the rest mentioned above, hmmm...

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 15:26
Quote:
johnnyf
Has this slipped under the radar or has there been an announcement elsewhere?
Will Britton
Jack Dvies
Tom Doughty
Sam Nixon
Levi Davis
Ollie Fox

- All added to the Senior Squad on the Club Website.
De Glanville's arrival was formally announced but these have not.

Is this a right?

I am told that this was announced on Instagram a few days ago in introducing the 2019/20 squad. Would have thought that the Offy should be the mouthpiece of such announcements!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 16:08
I think thats cover for a 'balls up' Its hardly giving credit to their promotion to the full squad by just announcing a list on an instagram post!

You would need to know both the squads complement then work out the difference between the two.

Should definitely been a full article on the Official Site, these lads deserve an apology.

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

MESSAGES->author
CoochieCoo (IP Logged)

13 July, 2019 21:41
Quote:
shipwrecked
I think thats cover for a 'balls up' Its hardly giving credit to their promotion to the full squad by just announcing a list on an instagram post!
You would need to know both the squads complement then work out the difference between the two.

Should definitely been a full article on the Official Site, these lads deserve an apology.

I agree, very poor. The Instagram is a slide show of the whole squad, not a great way of announcing promotions to the senior team.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

quanco
quanco (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 10:04
So there are now 49 players in the senior squad.

With no disrespect to the players coming in, I would suggest that there’s been a big shift and change in the tide looking at how it’s compiled and who has gone. Experience being the most crucial factor.

Some old heads in Perinese and Attwood had the “Bath way” - a foreign concept by now? - drilled into them for many years... with such a youthful squad (even Ewells who would be considered a senior player now is only 23/24?) suggests Mr Hooper really can form this squad just how he wants; though as with any of the last decade of Bath teams, we’re probably a few years of it reaching its full potential.

Having said the above, a post-world cup season is not really the year you’d want a team of old heads and experienced internationals.

The thought of playing from October to practically July for some teams is scary; when is their next pre-season to start if they’re playing in the premiership final? If the final is the 20th of June and the team that wins celebrates the whole of the next day, that’ll probably give them about a 10-day off season...

Player welfare in 2020 might be tough to coordinate.

Josh Bayliss [Bath Rugby] - Adopted Player 2018/19

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 10:36
Quote:
shipwrecked

So, I already subscribe to the Facebook & Twitter feeds but that evidently isn’t enough & I also have to embrace Instagram which I have never understood & thought was primarily used by the 2000 + generation!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 10:50
Quote:
Bath Hammer
Quote:
shipwrecked

So, I already subscribe to the Facebook & Twitter feeds but that evidently isn’t enough & I also have to embrace Instagram which I have never understood & thought was primarily used by the 2000 + generation!

Don't bother BH, Bath's presence on there is just to cover overall online strategy, if you look at the post its no more than a slideshow of pics, no insightful comment of the kind we share on here.

Stick with COML

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 11:11
Quote:
CoochieCoo
I am told that this was announced on Instagram a few days ago in introducing the 2019/20 squad. Would have thought that the Offy should be the mouthpiece of such announcements!

Terrible.

Quote:
shipwrecked
these lads deserve an apology.

On the one hand, they absolutely deserve an announcement on the offy, on the other, a few of them can count themselves extremely fortunate to have made the senior squad with barely any (if any in Fox's case) rugby for the club under their belts.

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 11:27
Quote:
ballsout
On the one hand, they absolutely deserve an announcement on the offy, on the other, a few of them can count themselves extremely fortunate to have made the senior squad with barely any (if any in Fox's case) rugby for the club under their belts.

No announcement might imply to "young fresh green players" you just scraped in by the back door, whatever their lack of experience you want them to feel part of the club surely?

ballsout
ballsout (IP Logged)

14 July, 2019 11:57
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
ballsout

No announcement might imply to "young fresh green players" you just scraped in by the back door, whatever their lack of experience you want them to feel part of the club surely?

I agree, I'm just saying 2 or 3 can't have too many complaints.

It's amateur hour behind the scenes as usual. Same lack of content as usual, three or four weeks into pre-season and all we've seen of it is 1 video interview with McNally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net