Latest news:

The COML Message Board

The place for discussion, debate and nonsense about Bath Rugby.

Join our new Facebook Group today!

New visitors please read the house rules before posting

Test your prognostications at our Prediction League

Pre-season training
Discussion started by Bath Hammer (IP Logged), 08 August, 2019 02:28
Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
08 August, 2019 02:28
Iíve just seen the very upbeat video concerning what is being achieved in pre-season training. Hooper is incredibly positive & confident as expected but it is interesting that Chudley was full of enthusiasm, saying it was the toughest & best he has experienced. That is interesting since he spent a number of seasons at Exeter. It will be interesting to see whether this translates to better performances on match day. Letís hope so. If it doesnít there will be even more scratching of heads than we have seen in the past

TomReagan
TomReagan
08 August, 2019 07:18
That's why I'm never interested in these sort of interviews BH. Not knocking the club- media is so important these days, but at the risk of being cynical, could he say anything else? It's like these interviews with footballers when yet another manager has been sacked and a new one's come in. The training is always more intense yet more fun and 'the gaffer is the (latest) best manager I've ever had'. Maybe this time things are different, but as you say, we'll wait to see what happens on the pitch. Incidentally, can see your football team doing quite well this season and glad the Austrian mercenary has gone to earn bucket loads of yen in China!

MESSAGES->author
shipwrecked
08 August, 2019 08:41
BH will be along in a minute, but replacing Austrian inconsistency with German accuracy in Sťbastien Haller is fine in my book. Add a bit of Swiss precision and it seems Hernandez is staying. All good for me!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Sadly injured for the rest of the season!

gaz59
gaz59
08 August, 2019 09:44
I'm 60 now and my weekly hour's interval running is certainly the toughest ever but don't mean I'm gonna run faster than I did 10 years ago!

Sorry, too much cynicism there - actually I'm starting to get quite optimistic from what I 'm seeing and hearing from and about Hoops. Might not lead to glory this year but does give me sufficient hope for a reasonably successful season

Bath Hammer
Bath Hammer
08 August, 2019 12:03
I totally agree with your analysis Tom. I think part of me wants to believe that something has changed for the better & Iím sure that they have thought carefully about their training programme. However, we have constantly heard these somewhat inflated comments from Hooper about how well prepared they have been for all contingencies & then seen the opposite on match day so there might be a dose of over confidence or bravado at play. In the case of Chudley he seems to say what supporters want to hear. Iíd like to think that behind the scenes he is passing on some of his Exeter experience but I doubt. Iím not even sure that Exeter do anything greatly difference from other clubs in preparation for matches. Itís so much more about mental strength & the habit of winning. Letís just hope that we do see a step change this season & our cynicism is expunged! As for West Ham I am delighted. It is reassuring that we now have a manager who knows what quality is at the highest level, wants to compete equally with the top 6 & is being backed by the owners. The signings we have made look just right & the team looks quite a bit stronger now. However, we need to deliver on the pitch & I am also aware that most other teams are constantly improving incrementally. Just look at Evertonís acquisitions & they are a team we need to equal or exceed to make progress.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net