rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Another Provoking Thought
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 10:21
I wonder.....

Ryan left for whatever reason but he has known Hogg for many many years, he recruited our coaching team and the vast majority of the players.

Does he care enough about Worcester, his coaches, his players to privately keep in touch with Hogg and his coaching team and give advice or help out.

Is he still friendly with them?

Do they talk to him?

You would think that he cares enough about us?

I hope pride on both sides(if there are sides) does not stop them talking. Ryan knows us far far better than Phil Davies and his help/advice would in my humble opinion be useful at least.

You see I don't really care what went on, I care about our club and its survival at the top table.

JP

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/fortress.jpg

"nunquam desistite, nunquam enim succumbet, nunquam vincar"

Click the Link below to:

Come on You Warriors - ACORNS - Just Giving

usa warrior
Re: Another Provoking Thought
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 10:26
There was a statement after he went that mentioned Hogg still maintaining contact with him. Suspect he's aware of the situation at least.

MESSAGES->author
11 January, 2017 10:28
I really hope they can get past whatever happened, help each other and ultimately US!

Click the Link below to:

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 10:50
Yes. It would be good to think that DR is able to be a sage figure giving wise advice from afar.

But if it really was a Jim v Dean issue (and despite assurances to the contrary, we really don't know if wasn't) then that isn't going to be happening.

MESSAGES->author
11 January, 2017 10:58
That is why put in the bit about pride and being able to put it to one side for the club and his friends.

JP

Click the Link below to:

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:30
Friendships aside, 'IF' DR left because of a fall-out with JOT/the club, why would he want to help the club succeed? Surely he would rather see the club crumble after he left demonstrating the club needed him more than he needed it?

DR wasn't born in Worcester, he didn't grow up in Worcester. The club paid his salary for a few years, that's it. To believe he cares about the club (after a potential fall-out) is just naive IMO.

Although a controversial view-point, a highly logical one in my opinion.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:31
If JoT were to establish that Hogg and Dean still spoke, i think that might place a bit of strain on the JoT v Hogg report line, no matter what capacity it was in.

That said i read recently that Hogg spoke with Cockerill some moons ago when Hogg was experiencing some issues in his fledgling coaching career and Cockerill gave Carl some guidance which he recalled in the article shortly after Cockerill was decamped by Tigers, so maybe it does happen.

Within Football i think Sir Alex gets a number of new coaches contact him as the sage of all football knowledge too.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:18
DR is history as far as Warriors is concerned.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:21
And I bet on Warriors being history as far as DR is concerned.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 20:53
Bill Bolsover is still friends with DR and I believe that Jim said after DR left that he would still be welcome at Sixways and even had dinner with him some time after.

In sticking with Hogg and initially appointing Johnson alongside him, the club are sticking with the DR plan, and especially with the continued emphasis on the Academy.

The club will have to deal with DR on a professional basis anyway, with his role at the RFU. Jim also said that his money would be on DR's current appointment only being the start of his career at the RFU, so it would make business and rugby sense for those at the club to try to keep amicable terms with DR for the future.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Worcester Warriors Poll

Do you want MOTM Polls

See results > Submit >>