rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Villages12
Relationships
Villages12 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:13
Some more thoughts........

Relationships are, I believe,at the very heart of our problems at Warriors. There are several pointers.

Three months ago I watched a WWTV interview with Nick Johnson & Carl Hogg and thought everying looks a little strained. For those who want quick access it's [www.youtube.com] it's also on the WWTV acrchives. Watch it and make a judgement about the relationship between these two. If afterwards you can tell me it's good I'll be very surprised. No nods of agreement at all, appears to be very dissjointed and some parts have been edited etc etc.Body language says it all. If I'm wrong then they really should never do joint appearances ! So maybe you should all stop calling for Carl Hogg to be fired and consider that you might just have the wrong guy as your target. Consider the dates Quins(1st Jan), Glos (7th Jan) and if I recall what was announced on the 4th January, coincidence ?

By now players, no names, will either be aware that they're likely to leave or it's been announced that they are leaving or its been indicated that they are no longer required or they think they are too good to stay. Might explain some of the poor perfomance we've seen ? Team morale is going to be critical in the circumstances, so my opinion is simply that none of these players are committed to the Warriors cause, let's move on without them and strengthen the team spirit and back those who are TRUE WARRIORS.

The re-introduced academy has worked well and we have some superbly talented guys, a few of whom are already considered worthy International and Premiership players. So not everything is down to poor coaching. If the current criticism carries on they may consider their futures to be elsewhere, which, in my view, is what's happened in the past.

Supporters/fans have now got a huge part to play in encouraging them that they can win and we're with them all the way. It's clear and not surprising that emotions are running high but we should all try to focus on the job in hand.

It seems to me that we lack a true TEAM, not just on the pitch !

What should we do..........stop panicking ! In my humble opinion, no changes of management will achieve anything at this stage of the season.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Relationships
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 12:40
Definitely thought provoking.

I agree with you on body language, our small group have talked about several times.

However I see no harm in open discussion re what we feel is happening at the club we ALL support. Ignoring it and trusting it will sort itself out will not work it never does.

The vast, vast majority of posters on here will be at every game we can get to giving it everything we have in vocal support to the players, that is where support is needed.

This is a supporters forum for us to discuss all things Warriors, it is not a players forum. If they read then they can get a flavour of how we feel but it should not affect their motivation or committment to the club they play for. They get enough guidance on such things from coaches, senior players, management and the Psycho support team(I wish I had one)

However a very very good thread started.

JP

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/fortress.jpg

"nunquam desistite, nunquam enim succumbet, nunquam vincar"

Come on You Warriors - ACORNS - Just Giving

yellow450
Yeller (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 13:27
What was announced on 4th Jan?

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 14:39
It's an interesting thread.
However it could also be that nether of them particularly good in front of the media or it could have been the last of a long session of media interviews. Don't really know. But I have been told by a few that the coaching staff are close, with no egos, no cliques, where as that was not the same under Dean Ryan.

Do not know enough about Nick but I do know Hogg is not that slick on front of camera. He is not the media man that Dean Ryan was/is.
I do a bit of this in work and even after many years I am still amazed how poor some people are in front of camera or group of people.

I like Hoggs style, it's honest, what you see is what you get etc but he will never be a TV pundit. Would say Nick could be the same.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 17:11
Villages, thanks for putting that link up, I hadn't watched it before.

Having spent a business lifetime in sales and marketing, and been involved in motivational speaking and training for many years I've seen lots of clips like that before, usually in training sessions about how not to present.

The body language is extremely powerful. My summary would be that Hogg tolerates NJ but feels he (Hogg) should be leading and has not been allowed to do so.

NJ, I suspect, thinks Hogg is useless, and is only just able to stop himself laughing in disdain while Hogg is speaking.

A very powerful and dreadful little cameo, and what worries me most is that someone at Wuss decided to release it.

As these two are both still involved in first team preparation and training, even though Hogg is now in nominal control, I can easily see why a team would be split and therefore ineffective.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:04
A good summery TT and I think may have hit on the problem. If CH and NJ are at odds with each other, is it because CH thinks that NJ's department are taking too long to get players back from injury for instance?
If I am honest if it taking this long ( and baby steps ) to get VV back there is now way he should be allowed onto a rugby field again IMHO.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:21
I am so pleased others have come to the same conclusion as we had.

This video had given us many hours of discussion.

It also reflects the changing room at Bristol.

JP

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/fortress.jpg

"nunquam desistite, nunquam enim succumbet, nunquam vincar"

Come on You Warriors - ACORNS - Just Giving

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Worcester Warriors Poll

Do you want MOTM Polls

See results > Submit >>