rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Chaos!
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:09
Raised by Te'o on his return and something I said looked a fantastic way to stress players out.

Guess what, it's going to happen read this article

WN Article

However after reading the article it maybe shows why we are one paced and cannot live with the intensity of fast premiership rugby. It would also show why holes appear and why we look unfit.

Why has it taken so long?

If it works then FANTASTIC.

JP

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/fortress.jpg

"nunquam desistite, nunquam enim succumbet, nunquam vincar"

Come on You Warriors - ACORNS - Just Giving

ROLLO on tour
Re: Chaos!
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:30
Clutching at straws I am afraid.

yellow450
Yeller (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 19:42
Yep, it really is desperate. This kind of work should have been going on in August as my namesake mentions in the newspaper comments.

walter1
walter1 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 20:21
Seems to indicate that up to now training has not been intensive enough for this league. If our coaching was OK we would be leading in this area, not following. Teams like Munster did this years ago - read Paul O'Connell's book for lessons on intensity , attitude, and the winning mentality.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 20:39
Not entirely relevant to this thread but adjacent.

Last season we had I think an evening with Dean Ryan and one with the coaches. The difference in tone between the two was marked. Dean Ryan was Dean Ryan but the coaches were in quite a jovial mood. It was just after the Exeter game if I remember correctly, mid February-ish.

Whilst the technical explanation for some of the holes in the Worcester defence was interesting, I was struck by the banter between the coaches which was perhaps more lighthearted than it should have been.

I know I am an old "gentleman" (insert relevant rude word) and old fashioned but there are times when it is appropriate to be one of the lads and there are times when it is not.

One of the areas when it is not is the relationship between a manager and an employee. In the context of Worcester, the coaches are managers, the players are employees however senior and experienced they may be.

I hope that the tone of that evening, when admittedly the coaches were with a different audience, is not commonplace on the training field. Some / most of the coaches are not long away from their own playing careers but there must be mutual respect and an invisible barrier between players and coaches.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:05
I wonder if this chaos training is something that Nick picked up on his trip down under? Timing might suggest so.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:23
Chaos was mentioned earlier this season. BT Sport Wed rugby programme maybe?

Can't remember who, but somebody well thought of was proposing that having coached patterns, shapes and calls etc. it was also essential that in open play the best players must be able to react quickly and play what they see.

Wish I could remember more, but I'm confident they're not bringing it back as something new from SH.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:27
No BB it was brought in by Te'o from his training session with England and Eddy jones.

It was an interview with Ben which I linked to and many of us here discussed the benefits of chaos training and decision making 8nder stress.

I shall have to search for the thread.

JP

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/fortress.jpg

"nunquam desistite, nunquam enim succumbet, nunquam vincar"

Come on You Warriors - ACORNS - Just Giving

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 22:51
Thanks JP, I recall that now you remind us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Worcester Warriors Poll

Do you want MOTM Polls

See results > Submit >>