rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
"Thuggish England get expunged from Test win record"
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 08:59

Patgadd
Re: "Thuggish England get expunged from Test win record"
Patgadd (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 09:29
Funny smell in the air; sort of like grapes, but sour.

Couple of interesting points though...

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 10:16
What a load of old tosh.

JP

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/fortress.jpg

"nunquam desistite, nunquam enim succumbet, nunquam vincar"

Click the Link below to:

Come on You Warriors - ACORNS - Just Giving

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 10:25
May be a load of old tosh but it is a well read of old tosh as it had been bumped to the top stories in NewsNow Rugby Union.. Fits with someones view of English rugby..

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 10:57
Top of Newsnow Rugby, so must be almost biblical(taking the mickey PE(Sm141) )

I bet Jones and all the English players are so downhearted about such an article.

There was nothing "thuggish" about the win over Scotland or Wales.

If you happen to have big powerful forwards then you play to your strength not to the opposition's no matter how much they bleat "We are being bullie!!!"

They need to take their thumbs out of the weeping gobs and get on with it.

JP

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/fortress.jpg

"nunquam desistite, nunquam enim succumbet, nunquam vincar"

Click the Link below to:

Come on You Warriors - ACORNS - Just Giving

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 11:12
I know this is a very biased & worded to be deliberately controversial, article.
but there is a lot in it that I fully agree with. Especially in regard to the RFU.

However upfront I will add that I'm Scottish although lived in England for nearly 25 years. In football I do sort of support England in games against the rest of the world.
In cricket I always support England.

But in rugby it's a real struggle, part of that could be that rugby is my game & England are the big brother who we love to beat and see beaten. But for me it's the historical arrogance shown by elements of the RFU.
England have more resources/players than any other team in the world & the power that goes with it. They have not always used that power well in IMHO.
I find the English press at times shocking in their arrogance & English commentators biased (but that's true for Wales & Scots at times).

Was very disappointed by Eddie Jones & English press in regard to Italy, Calling them cheats, ruining the game & the need for rule changes.
Rather than ask why could the team not think on their feet & deal with it until half time when Jones told them what to do. That for me was the shocking outcome of the Italy game.

Had a lot of time for Lancaster, thought he did a lot of good in repairing the image of England to other countries. He was honest, professional and in my mind a gentleman. It's just a shame the results did not go his way.

In summary a very provocative article, but with a lot of truth.
Lastly 2 questions
1) who do you think plays the more attractive/enjoyable rugby to watch, South Hemispheres or England?
2) ignoring Italy & Newport, who do you think plays the more enjoyable rugby to watch, Pro12 or Premiership?

I hope this article gets a lot of headlines in England.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 11:22
He has a lot a fair points and I do believe this England team despite the results is overrated, but he comes across as a bit of an angry @#$%&. It's funny how we are always labelled winging pomms...out of all the cricket and rugby nations i'd say Australia are the worst losers.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:23
I've read it through.

(Raining, waiting in coffee shop for Mrs Ted to wreak havoc amongst the retailers of Worcester)

It's just a rant by some Aussie or other, a few valid points, but overall he just likes a rant, and England gave him this week's excuse.

Amusing enough, but full of wind and p1ss, typical Aussie in rant mode.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:07
If you distill it then it is like this:

Fair points - england are not that flexible or that attractive most of the time; they are parochial; they have a larger player base than most countries

Poor points - that we are thuggish ( although the number of borderline slightly late tackles from people is rising and we can all spot what's going on; that NZ are looking at growth in the world game - not true if the best example you can pick is from 1904, the fact that they have denuded the pacific of talented players and rarely offer to play the pacific island teams is, as it is with all the major countries, a disgrace

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 14:16
I do think the RFU has put self-interest ahead of developing the game.The treatment of the Championship sides and the remuneration teams like Fiji get for playing at Twickenham,spring to mind. I hope our Mr Ryan and his mate Mr Melville are the catalyst for change.
I'm with WD, I think he makes some fair points.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 15:47
Thuggish? There is an argument that England forwards were deliberately targeting Sexton to take him out of the game (lots of lateish tackles on him).

the barbarian
20 March, 2017 16:34
What team doesn't target the fly half. Although I must admit some of the tackles on him were a bit dubious.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:35
Yes they did, and Rory Best did mention it to Sir, who of course took no notice.

And much good it did them anyway.

Emphursis
Emphursis (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:42
I'll just leave this here [www.youtube.com]

Apparently the Aussies couldn't handle the bantz.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 07:00
Thuggish? Has the author never watched the springboks play? Oh, hang on, they're southern hemisphere so don't count as they only play attractive running rugby??!!??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Worcester Warriors Poll

Do you want MOTM Polls

See results > Submit >>