rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
England squad for Argentina
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 09:52
England's 31-man squad for Argentina tour

Forwards
Will Collier (Harlequins, uncapped)
Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps)
Ben Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 3 caps)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap)
Dylan Hartley - captain (Northampton Saints, 84 caps)
James Haskell (Wasps, 75 caps)
Paul Hill (Northampton Saints, 5 caps)
Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 8 caps)
Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, uncapped)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 42 caps)
Matt Mullan (Wasps, 15 caps)
Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, 55 caps)
Sam Underhill (Ospreys/Bath Rugby, uncapped)
Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped)
Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 50 caps)

Backs
Mike Brown - vice-captain (Harlequins, 60 caps)
Danny Care - vice captain (Harlequins, 71 caps)
Joe Cokanasiga (London Irish, uncapped)
Nathan Earle (Saracens, uncapped)
George Ford - vice captain (Bath Rugby, 35 caps)
Piers Francis (Auckland Blues/Northampton Saints, uncapped)
Sam James (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
Alex Lozowski (Saracens, uncapped)
Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
Joe Marchant (Harlequins, uncapped)
Jack Maunder (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped)
Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 25 caps)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps)
Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks, uncapped)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Re: England squad for Argentina
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 10:01
Very good squad that, only shock is no Wade for me.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 10:07
Disappointed to have no warriors representation in there but the squad is as I expected - England squad that didn't make the Lions plus a few young players to get them acclimatised.

Wonder how strong the Argentina team will be.

rossi
Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 10:08
Thought Val or Schonert could be in with a realistic shout. I would imagine they're pretty high up the list in terms of injury replacements etc.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 10:16
Well Schonert is injured so I would guess that ruled him out of contention and Val has not played that much lately and perhaps his reported attitude (by some on here) may be a factor. I don't see Eddie Jones as a coach who will accept people who have a sulk every now and then.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 13:02
No representation from any Briz, Warriors or Falcons. Not sure how Sale get so many in the mix to be honest, but sour grapes would be the cry from t'up North at such a suggestion.

Not exactly illustrious company, but our probables are injured or off form of late.

Hopefully better news next season, once Gold (providing he stays) gets the club and team on a better setting to catch the RFU eyes.

tapngo
tapngo (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 14:22
Apparently Val has been told he's too unfit by Eddie Jones

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 14:43
Unsurprising if various rumours about him and fitness are to be believed.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 15:07
Surprised Haskell is not a Lion! His dodgy toe may not hold up!

Hallowed Warrior
Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 15:13
Think Will Spencer is unlucky to miss out given his recent excellent form - totally bossed Ewels and Stooke at the weekend verses Bath. On the positive side it will only be Teo away with the Lions so the squad can get a good pre-season in ready to come out firing for the start of the next campaign.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 15:57
Maybe Sam Lewis could have a shout for the Wales tour - especially with 4 backrowers in the Lions Squad. Josh Adams also could have a good case with Liam Williams and Halfpenny away.

tapngo
tapngo (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 23:35
Just shows the hypocrisy of the England rugby set up. That isiekwe has only started one game for sarries and he's picked for his country. Will spencer who's been putting in constant performances doesnt get a look in.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 23:50
And Francis can put in performances like this!

[www.youtube.com]

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 08:44
Quote:
usa warrior
And Francis can put in performances like this!
[www.youtube.com]
Is there a you tube feed of his GOOD performances?! Agreed USA,this highlights reel didn't do him justice! Makes Mieres look world class!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 08:48
No idea. Just came up on twitter put up by one of the rugby accounts. Pretty bad day at the office. Must admit, not sure I've heard the name before.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 10:02
The logic I've seen bandied about on other forums is that if Jones thinks that all the second string players of the current generation are no improvement on the EPS, then this is a good opportunity to skip a generation and see what they're made of.

So he's not saying Isiekwe is better than Spencer, or any other first choice lock in the premiership that you care to name, but that he could be, and he's being given a chance to demonstrate it. That's powerful motivation and if it pays off, we'll have superb depth come the next world cup, as well as the beginnings of a core of players ahead of 2023.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 10:35
Quote:
usa warrior
No idea. Just came up on twitter put up by one of the rugby accounts. Pretty bad day at the office. Must admit, not sure I've heard the name before.
Think he's originally from Scotland but went south at a young age.Usual story

tapngo
tapngo (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 10:51
Quote:
Underdog
The logic I've seen bandied about on other forums is that if Jones thinks that all the second string players of the current generation are no improvement on the EPS, then this is a good opportunity to skip a generation and see what they're made of.
So he's not saying Isiekwe is better than Spencer, or any other first choice lock in the premiership that you care to name, but that he could be, and he's being given a chance to demonstrate it. That's powerful motivation and if it pays off, we'll have superb depth come the next world cup, as well as the beginnings of a core of players ahead of 2023.

Surely picking players on reputation not form is the worst way to do things. Not much motivation for people wanting to play for England in the clubs lower down in the prem.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 11:02
The lad at Irish must be absolute gold dust to be picked out, over and above EQP in the lower reaches of the Prem.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 11:07
Quote:
tapngo
Quote:
Underdog

Surely picking players on reputation not form is the worst way to do things. Not much motivation for people wanting to play for England in the clubs lower down in the prem.

My answer to that (with my Eddie Jones mask on) is that if you aren't motivated to perform by seeing a teenager picked in front of you, perhaps you ought to reconsider whether or not you actually want to play and excel for England.

Ol'oneeye
Ol'oneeye (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 16:55
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
usa warrior
Think he's originally from Scotland but went south at a young age.Usual story
He's from Gravesend in Kent. Moved to NZ to improve his game (that YouTube clip is a few years ago now). Tana Umaga rated him and oversaw his development. Starts for the Auckland Blues in Super rugby and moving to Saints in the summer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Worcester Warriors Poll

Do you want MOTM Polls

See results > Submit >>