rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

ROLLO on tour
Tom Croft
ROLLO (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 19:13
There are a couple of rumours ( one including Fissler) the Tom Croft is leaving Tigers, Could he or should he be heading to Sixways. A great player but who has had injury problems.

w4rriorz1980
Re: Tom Croft
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 19:41
Quote:
ROLLO
There are a couple of rumours ( one including Fissler) the Tom Croft is leaving Tigers, Could he or should he be heading to Sixways. A great player but who has had injury problems.
Be somewhat of a coup if we get him.

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 19:54
A good player in his day but much too injury prone now.
It's a no from me (for what it's worth).

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 20:00
This season 2 starts and 1 bench!!

Not good.

JP

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 20:11
If he stayed fully fit he'd be a quality signing in the lose and line out, but the last few years suggest that's a very big if. Someone will take the risk I'm sure.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 20:25
31 years old, 6' 6", 42 England caps and a double Lion.

What's not to like?

Is his lack of starts confirmed as an injury issue?

If so, worrying.

Or is he not being picked?

If so, worrying

thatguythere
thatguythere (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 20:29
Don't rule his fitness out yet! Mills was just as bad and younger now look at him. Craft would be a brilliant signing. We need players of his quality because at the moment the squad has got worse for next season so far

MESSAGES->author
18 May, 2017 20:39
Being younger is better he can recover and get stronger.

Injury prone at 31 and a backrow player is not good at all.

I don't subscribe to the view we are weaker.

Waller for Ruskin

Van Veltz for Vui

Plus the young guns Shilly, Adams, Humphries, Singleton and Taylor will all be better than last season.

We get Heathcote and Arr back all + points.

Te'o and Taufete'e will be another year on in their Rugby Union development, Annett will be back.

I think we will be a stronger team next season.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Pompey Warrior (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 21:11
We've got a different back rower coming...

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 21:36
What kind of injuries has he had?
That to me is the key question.

MESSAGES->author
18 May, 2017 21:41
Just to add

We have an internationally renown defence coach, a fantastic strength and condition guru and another about to join us, we have a motivational DOR and Captain from the start of the season.

We will be demonstrably stronger than last season.

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 21:45
Quote:
Pompey Warrior
We've got a different back rower coming...

Go on then... I'll bite.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 21:47
Quote:
LiveInHope
What kind of injuries has he had?
That to me is the key question.

I would think the broken neck which was originally misdiagnosed may have caused one or two problems LiveinHope.

MESSAGES->author
18 May, 2017 21:49
'Mart' mentioned the player in question in a post about a week ago but was completely ignored! He (the player, not Mart) is from a Premiership club in the south west...

Aren't clues fun?!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 21:58
Quote:
Pompey Warrior
'Mart' mentioned the player in question in a post about a week ago but was completely ignored! He (the player, not Mart) is from a Premiership club in the south west...
Aren't clues fun?!

No. And neither are unsubstantiated rumours.

(See a thread titled "Dylan Hartley", in which, by the way, we are surely owed at least 3 apologies)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 21:59
Quote:
Pompey Warrior
Aren't clues fun?!

Don Armand?

Whispering_Death
18 May, 2017 22:04
Equally we will be without FH for half the season, we don't have a reliable place kicker, we don't have a fly half really capable of executing the kicking game DoubleG requires consistently, the guy who transformed our lineout has gone, and if we suffer injuries again we are totally screwed given the size of the squad. We can achieve 9th, possibly 8th, no better in my view.

MESSAGES->author
18 May, 2017 22:06
I think this 'rumour' has a lot more credibility than the joke about Itoje!

Nope, not Armand.

I confess to not having any knowledge of when the club will release the name.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:17
I wouldn't touch any player from Exeter on the basis that Baxter manages to get so much out his players and why would they leave Exeter?

Southstand(again)
18 May, 2017 22:32
How about a line-out jumper ?

Geoff Parling not going to Melbourne Rebels because of tales of their "impending doom" and travelling back up the M5 to us instead ? (Sm163)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:45
Coincidentally he's at Worcester racecourse in a few weeks.

[www.worcester-racecourse.co.uk]

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:49
SW club could it be Briz or BATH

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:50
At 33, he could have a year or two, and he fits in with Thug Jim Hamilton's assertion about an England player (can't remember whether he said current). Yet another to add to the rumour mill.

hairyicecream
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:53
Marcel's younger brother from another mother

hairyicecream
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 22:55
Patgadd -

a) Jim Hamilton no longer deserves the "thug" tag. He's been great these past couple of seasons, and has channelled his energy positively.

b) He said current England starter.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 00:03
I risk ridicule but IMHO Armand is overrated.

Whispering_Death
19 May, 2017 07:56
I thought Parlour was off to Japan. We need a back row lineout jumper rather than another second row I think.

Southstand(again)
19 May, 2017 08:15
As far as Parling is concerned, I would be very worried about his concussion history and think that with the lesser impacts, Japan would probably be the right call for him. (rather like Dewalt's suspect shoulder)

On Parling's concussions, I still think this should have been two reds

Exeter were in negotiation with him for quite a while but Baxter admitted they wouldn't pay what he was likely to get from a season or two in Japan and then a move to Melbourne.

I think he is rather more than "another second row" given he is a a "lineout master"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 08:39 by Southstand(again).

thatguythere
thatguythere (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 08:41
Pompey warriors is it Denton from bath? Then Dylan Hartley is the rumour Hamilton was referring too

Southstand(again)
19 May, 2017 08:49
Denton is someone I'd like. He hasn't really "Set the heather on fire" at Bath but would probably cost us some "Coin" given Bath would look to recoup the fee they had to pay to bring him south.

thatguythere
thatguythere (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 08:53
He signed in 2015 so likely chance he could be out of contract being no transfer fee. Wages however would be high

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 08:58
Maybe a change of scenery would work - he was mega for Scotland and so its in there somewhere

MESSAGES->author
19 May, 2017 09:20
If it is happening at I feel it will someone from the 4 semi-finalists. Which means Hartley is a non starter but plenty of other England starters there.

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 09:22
Dont forget that Northampton still have to play Connacht tomorrow.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:10
Quote:
Pompey Warrior
Aren't clues fun?!

Ok I'm still curious about this and as the search function doesnt appear to work for me can someone please let me know who 'mart' mentioned.

I've been trying to think who it could be, from Gloucester, Bath, Bristol or Exeter?
Cant think of anyone who is accounted for from gloucester, cant think of anyone Id particularly want from Bristol and cant think of any reason why it wouldn't have been announced if it was from Bath. Most of Exeters players seemed to be tied up in contracts, Id like Dave Ewers but he is not a lineup option by any stretch of the imagination.

Tom Croft would be excellent if he was fit for the season, I do worry if he'll ever be fully fit again however.

MESSAGES->author
19 May, 2017 18:50
I feel Croft has run his race.

JP

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:53
I was fairly sure that Tom Wood was the most likely candidate until the south west and Tom Croft were mentioned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net