rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Lions v Highlanders
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:02
Possible forward pass and obstruction ref!

w4rriorz1980
Re: Lions v Highlanders
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:06
Rewound it,build up to try,highlanders no 9,forward pass to 8!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:11
Great try Joseph,helped by a fantastic offload,perfect running line Joseph!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:17
Sinckler on the run!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:44
Great try Seymour!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:44
Great try Seymour!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:50
Try! Warburton.Biggar converts.13-22 to the Lions! Coming together now!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:59
Highlanders score a Lion-esque try. 20-22 to the Lions.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 10:04
CJ stander MOM so far.Biggar and Warburton not far behind.Biggar hobbling off.Fingers crossed! Farrell on now! Confident of winning now! Farell misses penalty! OMG! Disrespectful of the Highlander's fans when Farrell kicking.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 10:08
Put your handbags down Highlanders!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 10:14
Penalty! To far for Farrell,Daly steps up! Misses! Disrespectful fans again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2017 10:16 by w4rriorz1980.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 10:26
Only 1 point Highlanders,calm down! Again we lost that rather the Highlanders winning it.DISRESPECTFUL Highlander fans took the gloss off their win.One of their tries there was a forward pass in the build up as I touched upon earlier even if there was no obstruction.Discipline and lack of a clinical edge won it for the Highlanders.
So many chances and two tries so many positives but a chance lost.But the tour is not won and lost here.Looking forward to saturday where we'll put a stronger team out against the NZ Maori.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 12:46
That is what they do in New Zealand , not disrespect at all.

I thought Stander and Henderson did not play well. Stander was far too upright and got knocked every time but 1.

JP

J6/7
J6/7 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 13:09
How can it not be disrespectful... same derogatory behaviour in Argentina too!

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 13:28
I think it is that there is only disrespect if you are expected to be quiet when someone is kicking. If that is not the local culture then there is no disrespect.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 14:59
Just because the English fans are silent during kicks doesn't mean the whole world has to follow.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 16:42
Payne played himself out of a test place and Joseph the opposite for his defence as well .
Watson should also start wing or fullback

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 18:03
The sixways faithful show respect for kickers by remaining silent but apparently it's ok to be as loud as possible, blow horns etc when the opposition hooker is trying to throw the ball in the line out in an attempt to put him off. At the risk of opening a massive can of worms here, what's the difference?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 18:29
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
The sixways faithful show respect for kickers by remaining silent but apparently it's ok to be as loud as possible, blow horns etc when the opposition hooker is trying to throw the ball in the line out in an attempt to put him off. At the risk of opening a massive can of worms here, what's the difference?

Good point Saucie.

It's history and culture, very illogical. I have heard several kickers over the years say it makes no difference whatsoever.

The French encourage their kickers with shouts and brass bands, but there again they eat snails.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
14 June, 2017 07:30
I went to a D2 game in France a couple of months ago and the noise I heard at the kicks certainly wasn't to encourage the kicker. It seemed the fans duty to make as much noise to put off the kicker, and I must admit I found it amusing. It's all part of the game out there and the kickers don't even notice it. What's much worse is a dead silent stadium where one voice can suddenly break concentration. I used to kick (many moons ago) and at times the tension got to me. I'd much rather have had noise than deathly silence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Worcester Warriors Poll

Do you want MOTM Polls

See results > Submit >>