rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

dkexile
England Vs Argentina 2nd test
dkexile (IP Logged)
16 June, 2017 12:29
Francis, Underhill and robshaw in for Loz, curry and Wilson.

Here's hoping for another win but with better defence.

Feel for those dropped, especially Wilson.

TVM Rides Again....Again
Re: England Vs Argentina 2nd test
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
16 June, 2017 13:19
And Curry

He had a stormer

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
16 June, 2017 13:35
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
And Curry
He had a stormer

Part of the reason I singled out Wilson is that might be his first and last start for England.

Curry on the other hand could have a long bright future with England after that performance, but I agree great debut especially for a youngster

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 06:20
So Singleton still hasn't won his first senior Red Rose cap.Playing the Baa Baa's doesn't count but was good experience for him.
I fear he may not get even a place on the bench in upcoming England games as he will be behind Hartley and George and possibly Tommy Taylor.Hartley rarely plays 80 minutes and then plays precisely twice that within seven days! Like buses! Maybe EJ needed to leave him on for his experience to help out the likes of Care,Brown,Robshaw and Ford close out both games in what turned out to be a cracking series!

Ford was excellent over both games,shining in the main role without Farrell being there.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 06:47
singleton could have come on early as a replacement for Yarde on the wing. Marlon seems to have joined that exclusive club of "Wave them past" wingers.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 07:16
I'd say Jack has got Taylor, George, Cowan-Dickie and Hartley in front of him. It would have been great for him to have got a cap, but as others have said, the experience will have improved him.

I thought Hartley was poor this tour. For me, he's entering Steve Borthwick territory; he's a good leader who is trusted by his team mates, but there is no aspect of his performance that is superior to George, and probably Taylor.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 11:42
Quote:
Underdog
I'd say Jack has got Taylor, George, Cowan-Dickie and Hartley in front of him. It would have been great for him to have got a cap, but as others have said, the experience will have improved him.
I thought Hartley was poor this tour. For me, he's entering Steve Borthwick territory; he's a good leader who is trusted by his team mates, but there is no aspect of his performance that is superior to George, and probably Taylor.

I agree, I also think at the end of the season LCD was better in all aspects too. George and LCD going forward for me.

I also agree with yarde being terrible which is a shame as I liked him as a player, watching the lions play in NZ really makes me think England is weak still in the winger pool, they appear to have 8 odd wingers who would walk into the England side.

Robshaw, launch and brown and especially ford had cracking games I thought. Another enjoyable game.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 13:54
Just read the BT sport report of the Pumas series. " Eddie Jones shows there is no room for sentiment.Jack Singleton paid for his mum and brother to come and watch only for him not to come off the bench." Refund?! ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2017 08:45 by w4rriorz1980.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 07:22
You can understand why - both full test matches and both tight. You can't really bring your captain off and send a green horn on if its in the balance.

Good on Jack paying for his family to come out though!

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 09:27
Cruel or what !! I feel disappointed for Jack not to have even get 5 mins at the end, him and his family must be feeling quite gutted, there were enough 'captains' still on the field (Robshaw, Launchbury and Ford for example) to have kept things tight if Hartley made way for Jack for the last few minutes.
How often would you see Hartley (or any other hooker) playing the full 80 ?
To do it twice in 2 weeks is even more incredible............

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 11:24
He may not have played but he will have trained with the team and made his mark to Jones there. He will have gained an enormous amount of skills and knowledge on the tour.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 11:31
Quote:
Faithful_City
He may not have played but he will have trained with the team and made his mark to Jones there. He will have gained an enormous amount of skills and knowledge on the tour.
JP

But is this why he wasn't given a chance?? Just hope it wasn't

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 12:00
I hope Jack has benefited from the experience. I do hope that he hasn't paid the metaphoric price for arranging to fly the family out. At the wrong moment, i could see EJ not being keen on that kind of stuff, and maybe teaching Jack a small life lesson.

I am aware that there were a number of others ahead of Jack, but i think he was in a fairly small group of non playing players on the tour.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 15:37
I doubt it's Eddie's vengeance. If he thought Jack would bring something, he'd have played him.

Up to Jack now to show Eddie he made a mistake. If I were him, I'd take a bit of time off but othwrwise get into pre season and start demanding our starting shirt through his performances.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 16:58
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
You can understand why - both full test matches and both tight. You can't really bring your captain off and send a green horn on if its in the balance.
Good on Jack paying for his family to come out though!

I agree with your point however in my opinion Hartley had slowed so much by the last ten minutes he was a liability, I think we lost the last two lineouts he threw in too.

I think singleton would have been an improvement at that point.

t-unit
t-unit (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 17:01
I think it's more likely to be he's just turned 21. The other England hookers are a good 3/4/5 years older than him.

If it's a close game, you wouldn't want to risk someone so young against someone like the Argies who are normally so strong in the scrum!

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 17:36
Teo didn't get a sniff on his first tour with England iirc. Now look at him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2017 17:36 by Simba.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net