rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

LiveInHope
Bryon Adams - Complete Cock Up
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 16:12
Really am annoyed.
Not really a Bryon Adams fan...actually not at all. Originally bought them for wife, but as of a couple of months ago taking my 10 year old son to his first concert.
Bought tickets via the club, very early, believe I was in first couple of hundried. Told the first would get better seat which would b allocated later but on first come better seats.
Tickets arrive months back, never checked the seat.
Anyone want to guess how could they are????? Terrible.
Not only I'm in Block H, but the worse seats in Block H.
I know it's not the fault of the ticket office, but the club have not got a clue.
This is turning into a compete PR Disaster & it has really annoyed me to the extent I feel let download & misled by the club.
If I hadn't already bought my season tickets, may have not bothered & it's all over a band I don't really like.
Thought I was supporting the club in this new venture to generate more money. In future I would not bother & feel really let down & disappointed.

Little Mazda 2
Re: Bryon Adams - Complete Cock Up
Reggie's Ghost (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 18:03
Hold on LIH...because you haven't got the seats you wanted it's a complete cock-up and a PR disaster. Slight over-reaction methinks.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 18:08
Who is this Bryon Adams? I guess you could have checked your tickets earlier and as Reggie says, it's only a complete PR cock up in the LIH household.

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 18:09
Reggie,
Sorry disagree.
We bought these tickets with no seats on the promise they would be good.
The club Pass them onto the promoter who gives us the worst seats because we were daft enough to think the club would honour the promise.
But doubt the club could.

Why does the promoter give us terrible seats, because they are harder to sell & we were daft enough to buy them "seat unknown"
they are a lot better seats still for sale at the same price I paid.
Thus in my view the club have at best been nieve or have take advantage of the supporters.

Lesson for me is don't buy any tickets off the club before we know the seat numbers because they either can't deliver what they promise or have no intention of following through.

Sorry I am really disappointed in the club.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 18:20
Go and exchange them for the same price better seats.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 18:22
Pigs in pokes come to mind....

Caveat Emptor!!

If Jolly Jim were still around I'd bet you could negotiate a change of seat allocation.

All businesses hate negative publicity, generate some outside of the tiny readership here, but you must expect to be told you were being naive at the very least.

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:11
Here now & the seats are really shocking.
Think you would struggle to find a worse seat.
We are 4 seats away from the end of the East Stand, yet we bought them very early on the promise ....what a naive @#$%& I have been.
Feel that the club really have screwed me over.
Son can't understand why we are so far away..

Don't even like Mr Adams.
I mean it when I say, if I hadn't already bought my season ticket, this is the sort of thing that would make me leave.
I'm Scottish, not from Worcester, thus suddenly supporting Wasp for 1/2 the price to see better rugby is not a stupid idea.....all because someone has decided to take the £££££ out of the supporters.
Really am disappointed

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:28
Not even sure how the leap has been made to Wasps... you'd be even further away from Bryan in the Ricoh!

TBH I'd be over the moon to be further away from Bryan. I'm in Perdiswell and would pay to be further actually due to the fact that there's a strong chance he might sing one of his songs! All relative isn't it.

MESSAGES->author
Skipper (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:48
I am sat in Newcastle airport and still feel it is a bit too close.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:58
Yeap, Wasps and The Ricoh are the better answer.

Sorry, but think this is more about having to go to a concert you didn't want to go to.

Not sure the club is at fault here given that 'no seat allocated' was the basis of allocation. Doubt you'd go to The Ricoh even on that basis?

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 20:26
Sorry but nonsense. Who the hell buys a ticket on the promise they will be 'good'. Define 'good'?. Secondly, who doesnt, if they havent been allocated a specific ticket, check their seats!!! I check mine even when I have specifically selected them. Thirdly, if you would rather support Wasps than Warriors based on a Sixways (note, Sixways) events 'cock up' then go for it.

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 22:18
Besides LIH does anyone know how the event went / is going

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 22:26
I'm glad to be in Soho

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 22:58
I will agree potentially at cock up

But PR disaster is a rather significant overstatement in afraid LIH.....

Stephen Abootman
Stephen Abootman (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 23:05
Saw Bryan Adams before the gig and he mentioned that he was a pretty useful rugby player. I asked if he could play 10 but unfortunately he said that he was an '18 til I die'.

Thank you, thank you very much. (Sm128)

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 23:10
I went to concert at last minute. Never really been a big fan, but I thought he was fantastic. Obviously all down to individual taste, but for me he was superb. Great to see Sixways packed. Thought event was run well. Had a look around and my first impression was that no seat had a bad view.............Guess I didn't look hard enough.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 23:13
I went, and got pretty good seats in block B. There were no seats near the halfway line because the view would have been blocked by the sound studio (or whatever it is) opposite the stage. Three comments come to mind:

1) The boy done good; he's no Lonnie Donegan, but did OK since I only knew two of his songs, and he probably has a future in the business.

2) The promoters had installed a huge metal floor covering the whole of the pitch. In what way, then, has the artificial turf enhanced the prospects of these concerts? It wouldn't have made any difference had there been real grass under the metal.

3) The stage was at the centre of the West stand, with speakers the size of a small country. Has the aforementioned stand ever before experienced a noise level approaching 1% of tonight's decibels?

Little Mazda 2
14 July, 2017 23:18
Actually I think is just LIH taking the opportunity to do his usual long posts containing very little substance.

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 23:20
PR cock up could be overkill I admit.
But seriously I am annoyed & disappointed.
I bought the tickets within a week of them going on sale, was assured the seats would be good due to first come first/best served.
Yet we were Block H - the furthest away Block. Within Block H, we were row H which considering the first 5 row seats were blanked off, means we third from the front & to cap it off we were 258 (I think), meaning were the 3rd further away seat.
Thus would say they were seats worse, but not that many, maybe 5 to 8.

Met a few friends who bought there tickets a couple of weeks ago in Block B & another in C paying £5 less than me.
Amazing the guy next to me was also a season ticket holder who bought early.

Supporting a club with a season ticket really is an emotional thing. Last year I would have saved money by buying a family ticket & got my wife free as it's normally only me & my 2 kids.
I don't mind the expensive tops every year or the beer a £1 more expensive. I don't even mind paying a few ££ more for the Bryan Adams tickets. But I do mind someone taking advantage of me & that is why I am questioning the point of being a Worcester season ticket. To me the complete lack of respect the club has shown me & others today just shows how litttle they think of us & yes makes me think of calling it a day.

I hope the club were naive or stupid and the promoters have taken advantage of those that bought early via the club. But either way they own us an apology, which I doubt I will receive.
They passed the name over to the promotors & they have us the worse seats because we had already paid for them. These are the seats that they normally struggled to sell, but Worcester managed it by taking the @#$%& out of me and others....big well done.

Thus the question, why should I pay good money to watch a club that has so little respect for me & others. Why not move down the road, pay less & watch better/winning rugby?
I won't but I won't complain about the others that already have moved to Wasps, as from what I saw & felt today, Worcester are a bunch of amateurs that could not organise a @#$%& up in a brewery.

The new management need to stop taking the supporters for granted.
I really am annoyed and feel the club have played me well & truly.
Some may say I deserved it, yes Sauce maybe you are right, I have been a daft @#$%&.

Little Mazda 2
14 July, 2017 23:25
Goodbye then Hopey.

LiveInHope
LiveInHope (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 23:27
Reggie, as always you speak so much wisdom.
Substance is a thing of in excess on this site....another bites the dust.
Maybe we should just talk about bloody Pears or not enough real ale or other such bollocks or maybe I should just give up..
Really disappointed but who the @#$%& cares...no one

Little Mazda 2
14 July, 2017 23:31
Hmm

RP_WARRIOR
RP_WARRIOR (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 00:09
Lol i knew someone would moan on here lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/07/2017 00:10 by RP_WARRIOR.

Xdream
Xdream (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 06:20
I thought that the promoters put on a great night and the club proved to be a fantastic venue for an event of this size. Great crowd, no trouble and fun had my all (sorry except 1 or 2). I really hope that they do many more events like this and Sixways becomes a regular music venue. we maximise the grounds usage and bring in extra revenue for the club. Well done Worcester Warriors!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 08:15
"Bloody Pears.....other such bollocks".......

The Pears debate is a discussion between long standing loyal supporters who care deeply about the loss of the club's historic badge.

Would I rather talk about one bloke pee'd off because he didn't have the wit to work out he was likely to be given a duff seat for a bloody pop concert?

Probably not.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 08:35
Think the metal flooring was a standard precaution by crew support. No matter what surface we have, I doubt the club wanted its £600k investment affected by 15k various footwear styles bouncing on it for 3 hours.

Logically not many non rugby, Bryan Adams loving followers could come on here to praise the event so balance will be tricky.

Hopefully Bryan's support band didn't make the same faux pas as Olly Murs support at WCCC by saying " how you doing Wrexham"

Little Mazda 2
15 July, 2017 08:36
Quote:
TeflonTed
"Bloody Pears.....other such bollocks".......
The Pears debate is a discussion between long standing loyal supporters who care deeply about the loss of the club's historic badge.

Would I rather talk about one bloke pee'd off because he didn't have the wit to work out he was likely to be given a duff seat for a bloody pop concert?

Probably not.

Okay Hopey, get out of that one!

Turv32
Turv32 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 09:06
Not sure why pears and Bryan Adams go together...
Let's compromise and have 3 eggs!!!!!(Sm100)

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 09:07
Is this thread serious!!?? Seems a massive overreaction. Surely it's the ticket holders responsibility to check the seat allocation especially if you haven't purchased specific seats.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 09:13
Got to be honest, if I had "shelled out" 50 quid for a ticket and some welsh tribute act called Bryon Adams turned up I would be seriously "miffed"

As I had seen Bryan earlier on this tour I decided to give it a miss but as a seasoned gig/festival goer my advice to LIH would be to lower his expectation levels and I'm sure he would enjoy himself more.

Four more weeks and I can start blowing up my inflatable sofa for Cropredy's longest bar in England and a bit of crowd surfing to Marillion and Petula Clark. One of the few remaining events where the artists are still older than me (Sm159)

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 09:26
Looking on social media, it would appear this is the opposite of a PR disaster, and is something that actually went quite well.

However, I do agree that the club shouldn't take its supporters for granted, and thus if you have been let down LIH, hopefully something is done to compensate you.

As for The Pears discussion being a load of b@ll@cks, I wholeheartedly disagree based on what Teflon Ted mentions above.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 09:35
Quote:
FlipFlop
Think the metal flooring was a standard precaution by crew support. No matter what surface we have, I doubt the club wanted its £600k investment affected by 15k various footwear styles bouncing on it for 3 hours...
Hopefully Bryan's support band didn't make the same faux pas as Olly Murs support at WCCC by saying " how you doing Wrexham"

On the first point, that's just what I'm saying. We could just as easily have had the concert on a grass pitch!

Actually, the support band was pretty good; well written stuff with good harmonies.

(Prodnose: I thought you didn't like any music after about 1966?
Me: Even old farts have to give grudging credit where credit is due)

jgmorgan100
The Mailman (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 10:56
Sounds like LIH's experience fortunately wasn't typical, but come on everyone, give the guy a break. He's obviously extremely annoyed at getting rubbish seats despite booking early, and I can understand why. I'd also be pretty angry in his shoes. Naive? Maybe. But I don't think it's a crime to trust the club. There's obviously been a balls up somewhere along the line.

Great to hear that overall the concert was a success. Not a huge Bryan / Byron / Brian fan myself but I saw him on telly at New Year and he's obviously a great entertainer. Let's hope the event has boosted the club's coffers!

MESSAGES->author
Skipper (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 15:01
Yesterday I was going to point out that it was set up under JOT's tenure so LiH shouldn't really blame the club, especially the rugby side of Sixways! I didn't say anything as it would look like I was just trying to get a dig in, However other people who attended last night said it was fantastic (if you like that sort of thing). Hopefully commercially it was a fantastic success and it is a big thumbs up to JOT for the extra revenue.

With regards to the pitch being covered, wasn't it a concert stage covering the pitch that killed off part of Leicesters pitch the other season? I would suggest the artificial surface was beneficial. I dont agree with a 100% synthetic pitch for the rugby but I cant argue with the commercial potential if the numbers stack up.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 16:17
Could the mascot be a a pear instead of Maximus?!!!!

Southstand(again)
15 July, 2017 18:02
We used to have both male and female pear mascots. The costumes must still be in a locker somewhere in the stadium,

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 18:10
Weren't they cats SS? Goldy and bluey from what i remember.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 20:34
The Mascot should be a Viking.
Well done the the operators who put on what seems to have been a very successful event.

Tony Warrior
Tony Warrior (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 21:37
Except for the usual bar, car park and organisational issues.

Southstand(again)
16 July, 2017 09:06
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Weren't they cats SS? Goldy and bluey from what i remember.

Goldy and bluey were actually kidnapped the day after our Tetley bitter cup game with London Irish when their costumes were found to be missing from sixways.

It was the week before a big game against Leeds but I always suspected a mischievous Irish fan.
Probably why I never warmed to JOT (Sm14)

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 10:03
Quote:
Tony Warrior
Except for the usual bar, car park and organisational issues.

The Century bar, or whatever it's called, at the back of the East stand was relatively uncrowded and the service was good throughout the evening. I had bought a car park ticket and exited the ground more quickly than after a well-attended match. As for organisational issues, LIH does seem to have been badly served, but other than that, no problems.

Little Mazda 2
16 July, 2017 10:45
LIH a disgruntled Scot.

Other disgruntled Scots are available.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 11:10
I've got one. Son in law's a Rangers' supporter. You don't get much more disgruntled than that!

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 14:14
My goodness the off season really does give us nothing to talk about. I do not want to wish away the summer, but at least we will return to rugby related matters. Can the club not find a player to give us the usual "this is the toughest preseason; we have never looked so good" quotes that have usually been trotted out by now?

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 15:29
Ever eager to oblige:-

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 15:43
Ah, that's better. Thanks A38.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 09:15
LinH - you appear to have mistaken a Supporters' rugby forum for your Facebook page.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 10:57
It was a great gig and fantastic to see a 'big name' coming to Worcester. I hope that this is the first of many, which will provide much-needed revenue for the club.

I bought standing tickets but am aware from speaking to friends that many bought seated tickets and moved to the standing area during the concert as they felt 'disconnected' from the concert due to the distance to the stage. I can't really comment on LiH's tickets/seats.

For those of you complaining that this is a rugby forum etc, I'd draw your attention to the many debates on here about attracting new fans from the locality. For many local people, this concert will have been their first visit to Sixways. The queue chaos for entry/bars and the traffic congestion outside could well put people off returning for a rugby game if they perceive that this is the 'norm' at this venue.

I was there before the gates opened and queued for the standing area, there were people in front of me who didn't know where to go for seats and only were able to find out from a steward at the entry point, they then had join the back of another queue. There were only small queues for food/drinks when I arrived but it took an inordinate amount of time to be served in the open air bar in the SE corner, where there seemed to be a complete lack of logistics. We didn't bother with a second drink as the bar queues were way too long by then.

Overall, a successful gig but I'm sure the stadium management will review the access/bar issues before holding such a large scale event again in order to improve the 'customer experience!'

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 11:24
As I understood it, Sixways was hired out to the promoters of the show who took the financial risk - and no doubt the profits.

But I don't think that I've read anywhere who was actually managing the food, drinks, car parks etc etc on the night. Was it the Sixways team - or the promoters?

We must also remember that it was a "one off" for which there would have been little or no experience. Inevitably, things would not go right on the night and to quote the tired old - but accurate - cliché "lessons will have been learned". It's not as though Sixways is the NEC which has a bucket full of experience. The likes of the NEC will also have on tap teams of properly trained bar staff, stewards etc unlike at Sixways where (very) casual staff would have been brought in.

Not making any excuses - just trying to put things into perspective.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 15:39
The next time will be better, I'm sure.

JP

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 22:04
I was in a very large queue to get into the ground, but it moved very quickly. Given recent events I think everyone understands the need for tight security. I didn't hear a single grumble.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 22:29
I believe a similar popular beat combo was performing a couple of weeks ago at New Road.

Did anyone attend both events and would thus be able to compare their experience [in terms of organisation/facilites] at both venues?

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 08:42
Quote:
Patgadd
Quote:
FlipFlop
Think the metal flooring was a standard precaution by crew support. No matter what surface we have, I doubt the club wanted its £600k investment affected by 15k various footwear styles bouncing on it for 3 hours...

On the first point, that's just what I'm saying. We could just as easily have had the concert on a grass pitch!

Not sure we could have had the concert at this time of year on a grass pitch and the grass pitch used to get dug up, treated and reseeded every year which may have required no metal flooring to cover it for a couple of days although I admit I am no expert on gardening.

On the food and bar they will have been provided by the venue so the club where in charge of running them, queues are to be expected when there is a decent crowd, I was recently at the NIA and stood in the bar queue for 20 mins to get a drink as everyone wanted one as soon as they got to the venue and before the main act started.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Worcester Warriors Poll

Do you want MOTM Polls

See results > Submit >>