rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

AJWarriors
Charles Piutau
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 17:42
Has signed for Bris for the 18/19 season. I think they'll be frightening when they come back up

w4rriorz1980
Re: Charles Piutau
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 19:30
Pat Lam has some influence here.Not sure he'd go Briz otherwise.IMHO.Good for them though but we'll also be stronger then too.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 19:45
Unbelievable signing. Agree Pat Lam must have some real pulling power, and cash! He is a serious player and still young.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 20:47
Wow!

Great player,great signing and a real show of intent from Brizzle, fair play.

Might he have a little get out clause in the unlikely event they don't get promoted though?

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 21:09
If they don't get promoted in the new (old) straight league with the team they have...they may as well shut up shop.

Their wage bill will be astronomical! But fair enough - if you have it spend it I suppose!

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 06:46
1 million a season according to the Telegraph. Luatia on 650k. Hell of a wages bill.
Both are marquee players, I thought that status could only last for 1 season so what will they after that.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:46
Wasps will be gutted. They were keen for him to return. Fantastic signing. If this is a sign of what is to come, Bristol will stay up next time. They could well go on to be a powerhouse in the game once more.

silver warrior
silver warrior (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:13
I didn't think he could be a marquee player as he has previously played in the prem.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 10:39
I thought Ian Madigan was one of their marquee signings? They'll have a quality team next time around. They already have players like

Luatua
Madigan
Saile Piutau
Charles Piutau
Chris Vui
Jack Lam
Alapati Leiua
Luke Morahan

I think once they achieve promotion next season their recruitment drive will be ridiculous. Not many EQP but I doubt they'll care much about that. Their back row already looks top class with Vui,Luatua and Lam...we better get re signing a few of our boys up to new contracts.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 10:42
Lets not worry about them.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 10:45
I said at the time that signing Pat Lam would be the key to their success and I believe that they are on the way to becoming a powerhouse again.

cartridgekid
cartridgekid (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 11:12
Fair play to them, but how the heck can they possibly keep their squad within the salary cap ?

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 11:55
By loading their salaries in this season ....

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:09
Quote:
PE

(Sm2)

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 12:14
Rather be us than them though despite their big signings.Wonder if Briz will be bringing less youth through?

Chris1850
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 15:16
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Rather be us than them though despite their big signings.Wonder if Briz will be bringing less youth through?

Think you mean "Wonder if Briz will be bringing ANY youth through?"

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 17:17
Not too easy to find definitive answers as to marquee regulations, but my understanding is this.

Brizz have 2 potential marquee players, since this is a PRL system and they're currently in the championship the regulations will only come into force when they're promoted. Salary caps regs. similarly don't count.

Marquee players can have previous premiership contracts, but must have been absent for at least 12 months.

Can't see them failing to come straight back up now the daft playoffs are gone.

End of interest in Brizz for 6/7 months!!

MESSAGES->author
Jim H (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 19:36
Quote:
Powick Eastander

Thought a Wuss supporter would know about this but, you can't do that. The wage cap takes the salary as average across the duration, so any contracts signed this year, to cover this season and next(hopefully in the AP) will have to fit the cap. All the signings so far have been two years so can't be doing this.

It would be possible to use a one year deal to front load it but then you'd risk them @#$%& off when you needed them after pocketing the cash.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 20:25
[quote Jim H][quote Powick Eastander]

It would be possible to use a one year deal to front load it but then you'd risk them @#$%& off when you needed them after pocketing the cash.[/quote]

As if any Worcester player would ever do this.

Hang on, where did I put my list.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net