rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Dave Denton
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 11:12
Anyone heard anything?

It looked serious and he was fuming, thumping the ground when he was on the floor. If it is ACL/ICL it will be several months before he is available. I hope we have insurance to cover his salary and can bring someone else in at short notice. The loss of Vui was made up by Denton, who we may now have lost

JP

MESSAGES->author
Re: Dave Denton
Fiver (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 11:38
The thing that worried me most is that the physio came on and told Dave to man up, or so it looked. Dave knew it was bad and it looked like it was his call to come off. If I've read it right, have the club learned nothing from Jamie's injury last season?

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 11:41
We said exactly the same at the time. If there was any doubt he should have come off. It was a nothing game, why risk such an important player.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 12:19
I may be completely wrong but j just cant imagine a physio telling a player to 'man up' and play on, especially in such a meaningless game.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:04
Scan tomorrow I gather.

Won't know anything until the results of that.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:08
Not sure this adds much.

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:27
Unless he's prone to being a drama queen I expect him to be out for several months. His immediate reaction told me it could be anything up to season ending potentially. Hope not.

MESSAGES->author
13 August, 2017 15:41
The article says he was wearing a protective boot with strapping which indicates ankle?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 16:10
That was my thought as well. Did hear ICL from different sources though. Ankle might be a quicker recovery.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 16:37
with knee I would be surprised if he'd be seen around and about later. Hopefully ankle, but CP knows that can be half a season out depending on the nature of the break.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 17:11
We were close and in no doubt from his discussions with physio and hand gestures that it was knee.

Edited...I was tempted to leave the psychic in place of the physio. Effin txt correction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/08/2017 17:20 by TeflonTed.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 17:14
Quote:
usa warrior
Not sure this adds much.
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Never does, does the Worcester News !!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 17:29
We weren't the only ones to suffer. Luke Wallace dislocated his hip in Quins friendly.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 07:53
he had ice on knee and ankle often boots and crutches are to protect what might be an injury.

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 12:34
Any update on his likely return date?

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 13:38
Gary Gold said a couple of weeks on the BBC HW interview yesterday.

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 22:02
Thanks looks like we need him soon with potgeiter and mama out until at least xmas

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 08:10
I would still be in the market for another back row . dewalt all be it a great player has spent more time injured than playing. possibly because he puts his body on the line. we only need another injury in that area and we are really too light in numbers for my liking.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 08:48
Not sure who came up with "ICL" injury theory for Denton but could someone explain what an ICL is? Is it a case of LCL & Chinese whispers?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 09:12
I suspect so!

Think someone may have missed a capital somewhere, and got his I's and L's confused.

The simplest explanation of knee stuff I could find was This

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2017 09:14 by TeflonTed.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 14:12
Occams razor (and the Wuss news (Sm14)) would suggest the ICL in question is a ligament in the foot rather than the knee. Courtesy of google, possibly the Interosseus calcaneocuboid ligament

That would probably account for the protective boot he was wearing.

MESSAGES->author
01 September, 2017 14:18
It's a slight tear in a membrane that apparently we don't need.

JP

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 21:44
Writing from 2500 miles away surrounded by the fragrances of Oleander, Bouganvillea, gin and cigarettes, I confirm that it was I who wrote "ICL". At half-time in the Munster (or Hartpury) game I met someone who had spoken to DD, and the lad himself had averred that it was an ICL injury. Can I go to bed now? It's midnight here.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 00:59
Quote:
Patgadd
Writing from 2500 miles away surrounded by the fragrances of Oleander, Bouganvillea, gin and cigarettes, I confirm that it was I who wrote "ICL". At half-time in the Munster (or Hartpury) game I met someone who had spoken to DD, and the lad himself had averred that it was an ICL injury. Can I go to bed now? It's midnight here.

It was Hartpury, now bu. gg. er off to your pit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net