rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

ROLLO on tour
Five day turnaround
ROLLO (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 19:52
I would like to congratulate those at the club who decided that a short turnaround with a smaller squad( subsequently injury ravaged) having played the play-off finalists followed by the play-off winners was a good idea.
With planning like this we are in strategically safe hands. (Sm161)

Turv32
Re: Five day turnaround
Turv32 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 20:36
But don't worry it's a Friday!!!!

Hallowed Warrior
Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 21:57
A 5 day turn around is far from ideal but it is what it is with BT scheduling / club preference etc.

Hopefully my elongated trip down from Manchester on Friday afternoon/evening will be worth it.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 22:39
Sort of HW - we could do nothing about the Wasps game but couldve done something about putting the Exeter game on Friday. I guess with Gloucester the following Friday we'll have a whole week to recover for that one, but 5 days in modern day rugby just isnt enough. Oh well, at least the bar takinga will be high and it is only Exeter...

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 07:56
Agree 5 days is not enough.
However think we will see this more & more due to the importance of TV Money in the game.
Could the club have done more? Don't know, but maybe not.
We all want good players, who tend to be expensive and BT/Sky want games across Friday, Saturday and Sunday for their substantial money.

If we did not have substantial injury problems, would we be complaining as much?
Again don't know, but as said above think we will see this more and more.
Only solution could be Premiership setting schedule, but maybe that's the problem and they already are. Thus heritage teams get advantage.
I just don't know.

B-road
13 September, 2017 09:03
Does a 5 day turnaround make more injuries more likely ?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 09:34
For Warriors, it would appear not to make a difference re injury count.

I am fairly certain we had a similar issue last season too, and probably each Prem team will have one of these 5 day turnaround issues this season. Might as well get ours out of the way when playing 2 of last seasons top 4 sides.

Maybe the club could have done more to avert this. Maybe they couldn't.

Supporters appear to want club exposure but on their terms. Sorry, but that isn't the way of the modern era. Rugby at 3 p.m on a Saturday will be slowly eroded, just like 1/2 day closing on a Wednesday, jobs for life, and Sunday being a traditional day of rest.

B-road
13 September, 2017 09:43
Quote:
FlipFlop
Rugby at 3 p.m on a Saturday will be slowly eroded

Not so slow this season !

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 09:57
But surely less away fans will be able to make it especially from Exeter? A friend who attends every Exeter game ,and smokes his peace pipe at every away game he can get to, can't get up in time after work. We must be losing potential away support money with some of these Friday games?

Perhaps I should just take early retirement to make Friday games?

Or is retirement a prerequisite to support Warriors?!
(Sm159)

B-road
13 September, 2017 10:24
Quote:
knightstemplar
(Sm159)

Just the state of mind

WorcesterSauce
13 September, 2017 10:26
The game isnt on TV so im struggling to see how the club couldnt have done more. The choice to play on Friday was surely completely theres, unless im missing something couldnt this have easily been avoided?

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 11:14
Quote:
KenDoddsDadsDogsDead
Quote:
knightstemplar
(Sm159)

Just the state of mind
Well I can fit into that bracket!

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 14:32
We've written these first few games off anyway. We chose to come into the season undercooked. So whether it's 5, 6 or 7 days turnaround doesn't matter. We will see if it pays off later in the season.

BridgnorthBaloo
BridgnorthBaloo (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 17:27
I posted this same question on the Facebook page and the feeling was the Club felt that not having as many away supporters was a benefit to the team and that the atmosphere would benefit with more Warriors fans.
Personally I think it is just bad planning, and this great Friday atmosphere is a myth. What makes a good atmosphere? For me a team giving 100%, playing positive rugby and winning a few!

WorcesterSauce
13 September, 2017 19:35
Teo, Heathcote and Willison all struggling to be fit with minor injuries - 1 or 2 extra days with these sort of injuries can make all the difference. So we could be going into Friday's game without a fully fit centre...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net