rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

scottish warrior
Prop and Fly Half - recruitment
scottish warrior (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 12:04
Joe Carlisle for 10 and Rupert Harden for tight head.

Both had great seasons last year and could be snapped up as stand in cover.

TVM Rides Again....Again
Re: Prop and Fly Half - recruitment
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 12:43
Quote:
scottish warrior
Joe Carlisle for 10

Chri.....sorry, CRUMBS - Take cover everyone

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/80376278/one-does-not-simply-mention-joe-carlisle-without-consequences.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 12:46
Arrggghhhh (Sorry Reggie)

JP

Sammy Snake
Sammy Snake (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 12:53
IMO a no brainier on both. Both have nothing to prove, are experienced and still fit. Certainly Joe would be an immediate fix and would enable Oliver and Shilcock to get some game experience in the A league or Moseley.

scottish warrior
13 September, 2017 12:54
Joe had several MOM performances last season for Perpignan and is a higher % goal kicker than all our current 10's and Shillcock

Touchliner
Touchliner (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 12:59
Perpignan didn't retain him - any ideas why? I haven't seen news of him joining anyone since the summer

scottish warrior
13 September, 2017 13:02
Check out how Rupert Harden destroyed the Bristol scrum

[www.google.co.uk]

scottish warrior
13 September, 2017 13:04
Joe was only injury replacement last season and their other 10's they had signed are back fit. He is currently without contract but is at the peak of his form currently

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 13:04
Forward this on to GG.

I'm sure he'll be relieved at having solved these problem positions for him.

TVM Rides Again....Again
13 September, 2017 13:05
Who is Rupert Harden exactly?

MESSAGES->author
13 September, 2017 13:07
Quote:

Can't read that anywhere, the report mentions him once and nothing about destroying.

Bristol 1st game.

We need a proven top class tighthead.

JP

Sammy Snake
Sammy Snake (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 13:07
Google Rupert Harding; ex Gloucester and England Saxons. Quality player and loads of experience and still a few season left at 32 (I think).

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 13:10
JC......really? REALLY??

I'm with Reggie (sorry, I mean JP) on this one.

TVM Rides Again....Again
13 September, 2017 13:10
Quote:
Faithful_City
Quote:

Can't read that anywhere, the report mentions him once and nothing about destroying.

Bristol 1st game.

We need a proven top class tighthead.

JP

Need away JP - and if you know where one is I am sure the club would love to know!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 13:11
"Hen's teeth" found.(Sm46)

scottish warrior
13 September, 2017 13:12
[pbs.twimg.com]

Check out stats on joe

scottish warrior
13 September, 2017 13:14
Was at the Bristol game, Rupert won 3 scrum penalties in a row. He was also top tackling prop in Championship last season for Richmond and help keep them up before the Welsh demise

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 13:15
Quote:
scottish warrior
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8qvN6KUMAAH8ZH?format=jpg&name=large
Check out stats on joe

Don't care what the stats say, they don't show interceptions off long floated passes or turn-overs from crazy grubbers in your own 22.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 13:15
Quote:
FlipFlop
"Hen's teeth" found.(Sm46)

Hens' we did this lol

MESSAGES->author
13 September, 2017 13:19
TVM, if the club don't know where to look then sack them, because they should it is their job.

TVM Rides Again....Again
13 September, 2017 13:20
Stats tell half a story.

I don't think anyone questions his ability off the tee - in fact its the one thing I think everyone agrees on!

And he showed flashes of brilliance - but for every one there were a couple of school boy errors - so was always, ultimately, a net loss. I wonder if some maturity has flushed those out?

People got very hot under the collar about his tackling - which wasn't great at first I admit, and I think some started to argue tackling was a fly half's most important attribute - but mostly because sticking the boot in to Joe became a habit.

His tackling was never awesome true, but by the end I think he had improved it to 'that'll do' - which for a ten will....well, do, in a pinch. But people had held the opinion that he couldn't tackle so long they didn't want to change it.

Stats don't tell you enough with Joe. You really need to watch a run of games and have a good hard look.

TVM Rides Again....Again
13 September, 2017 13:22
Quote:
Faithful_City
TVM, if the club don't know where to look then sack them, because they should it is their job.

You can sit and say 'not my job - sack em if they don't know' when justifying your 'needs' because it isn't your problem. You can just call for heads as a supporter when your 'needs' aren't met.

But there is actually a very real possibility that what you demand is not actually available.

No amount of frustrated sackings will make them available either.

MESSAGES->author
13 September, 2017 13:37
No-one has said they can or can't recruit one.

The words I used was knowing where to look and I am not saying they should be arbitrarily sacked. I answered about them not knowing where to look.

AND

They should be sacked if they do not know where there was one.

JP

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 13:42
I'd play GJ at fly half before tapping up JC. Please tell me our season hasn't spiralled that far out of control already!

B-road
13 September, 2017 14:20
Has James Brown got a club at the moment ?

Hallowed Warrior
Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 14:45
Not the first time we have had to go into the market for an experienced prop......

[www.skysports.com]

C'est magnifique !

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 14:46
Hahahahahahaha thankyou Scottish Warrior, thankyou so much for this.

I will type something more constructive later when I get over the reactions.

TVM, that meme was well applied, thankyou also.

If JC joined, the players could put in any performance they liked and they'd never be talked about! I sure hope the coaches think similarly to this, the forum will be a very fun place! :-))

Hallowed Warrior
Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 14:49
When we had an embarrassment of riches at number ten

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Sammy Snake
Sammy Snake (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 15:08
I have the answer!!! Why not play Shilcock at Prop - he seems to have played in most positions in the backs so why not try him in the forwards? That way we might get un contested scrums.

Is this a tactic we have all been missing?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 15:32
HW

That made i laugh.

Matt Jones......"The Welshman will compete with Loki Crichton and Joe Carlisle for the fly-half spot."

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 15:50
In all seriousness, Harden is a gnarly scrummager and would be good emergency cover - might also be tempted as he presumably lives close if he's playing for Hartpury. Was very good in the opening game of the championship v Brizz.
JC wouldn't be a step down, and looked to have matured a bit after he joined a series of other clubs, has a good passing game that gets the forwards involved, and now would have more skillful centres to work with opposed to those we've had in the past. Granted he's a revolving door in defence, but that's pretty much the same as we've got without Heathcote and Mills.
Also, what more could a Worcester fan want than a proven goalkicker, who will allow us to lose by 3-6 points less, fantastic!

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 20:07
Tommy Hayes is still playing just down the road at Pershore winking smiley

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 21:15
Surely players in the Championship are contracted to their clubs. I would have thought that GG was looking in the southern hemisphere.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 22:37
Quote:
Offa
Surely players in the Championship are contracted to their clubs.

Correct. That doesn't stop us negotiating a loan deal with a player, with his club's consent.

Quote:
Offa
I would have thought that GG was looking in the southern hemisphere.

Would make a lot of sense, with Super Rugby having finished, but don't rule out someone closer to home: Bath found a prop in Wales.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 September, 2017 22:57
Was he a pit prop? Plenty of those going spare.

Sorry

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 04:36
There appears to be a rumour going round that we have already secured the services of a SA 10 during the Southern Hemisphere closed season, joining us I think Nov/Dec or whenever their season ends.
When their season starts again, he goes back.
Don't have a name, but I imagine it's the boy GG raves about and has been mentioned on here several times.

How true?
Really don't know, but have now heard it from 3 very different sources over last couple of weeks.
It's an obvious assumption for someone to make as were chasing 10s last season and still need one now. Thus it could be bollocks.

Jones'
Jones' (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 05:33
Quote:
BrumBrum
There appears to be a rumour going round that we have already secured the services of a SA 10 during the Southern Hemisphere closed season, joining us I think Nov/Dec or whenever their season ends.
When their season starts again, he goes back.
Don't have a name, but I imagine it's the boy GG raves about and has been mentioned on here several times.

How true?
Really don't know, but have now heard it from 3 very different sources over last couple of weeks.
It's an obvious assumption for someone to make as were chasing 10s last season and still need one now. Thus it could be bollocks.

Elton Jantjies?

Just off the back of the Super rugby final. Would be happy with that.

I think South Africa now operate a form of dual contract? That may add some complication! If Jantjies is the correct name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2017 05:39 by Jones'.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
14 September, 2017 12:20
I am not sure which is the more important piece of recruitment to be honest. Without Nick our scrum got pummeled until the LH switched sides - Alo is massive but not a great scrummager at this point. As refs invariably give penalties to the side on top in the scrum we conceded and will concede a lot unless we compete better - that gives away points. Is that worse than having a less than nailed on kicker at 10? Olver looked very slow coming on but that might just be about getting up to the speed of the game - but not convinced really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net