rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

tezzer1000
DOR news
Refuse to lose (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 11:07
Anyone heard of any applicants, i know it is early days

Southstand(again)
Re: DOR news
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 11:37
I hear Cardiff's Danny Wilson is looking for a job. I understand he's got quite used to working with no money and minimal recruitment coaching a bottom of the pile club.
Could be a good fit perhaps ? eye rolling smiley

Southstand(again)
04 October, 2017 11:49
I can also report seeing someone who looked remarkably like Mark Anscombe in Waitrose this morning but "keep that one under your hat" RTL as I'm trying to lose my "Rumour monger" tag (Sm14)

B-road
04 October, 2017 12:01
Quote:
Southstand(again)
I can also report seeing someone who looked remarkably like Mark Anscombe in Waitrose this morning

Sorry, but that's nonsense. No way do you shop at Waitrose.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 12:25
No news other than Bolsover apparently stating in the WEN on the day after GG annoucement, that they already had a couple of applicants. Presumably this means they knew well before us that GG had other plans, as i still don't accept that we are a top player or DoR magnet at present, so to have 2 applicants did seem, unusual.

Any chance of persuading Ben Ryan to give us a go? Lancaster might be a long short, Mike Ford may be looking. Look. it's all guesswork, and i'm not suggesting i like the above. Neale Harvey on the other thread seem to suggest some guy from Kobe Steelers.

Southstand(again)
04 October, 2017 12:37
Quote:
KenDoddsDadsDogsDead
Quote:
Southstand(again)
I can also report seeing someone who looked remarkably like Mark Anscombe in Waitrose this morning

Sorry, but that's nonsense. No way do you shop at Waitrose.

I moved away from shopping at Tesco because of the £3.4 million they "appropriated" in their carrier bag scandal. I've now developed a taste for free coffee and fresh sushi.

As I mentioned before, I wish to lose my "Rumour monger" tag so I'm not even going to mention who I saw in the vegetarian section. (Sm163)

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 12:38
For an ambitious, young coach it could well be the opportunity to make a name.

The attraction might be just the reverse of taking on a top club complete with top players and plenty of money.

A career could be built on taking on a mediocre team like Worcester, getting the most out of the players and resources and making a success of it.

Success at Worcester would be measured by mid table security: for somebody taking on a top club that would be failure.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 13:17
To be fair A38, the attraction you refer to is the same one that enticed many a supposed 'top drawer' candidate through our door, only to see them crash and burn, during their tenure. That element of the collateral damage may be a deterent for some, as may be the regularity of departures at Sixways on the coaching or DoR front.

Putting us as mediocre is polite. I'd say from where we are currently the only way to move would be upwards, but of course, the spectre of relegation means that the chance of moving downwards is also possible.

I don't have a problem with some bright thing coming in to the role, or someone experienced. Just want the team to to be galvanised enough to have a full season of performances, and not just from Jan or February each year.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 13:41
As I've said on another thread nobody with any credibility or pedegree will come given they have no idea what the club will look like under whoever the new owners are. Someone with a point to prove who likes bringing through the youngsters might take a punt.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 13:56
There are 13 or 14 clubs capable of playing in perhaps the best league in world rugby. We are one of them. I don't think we will struggle for applicants.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 13:58
Quote:
FlipFlop
Neale Harvey on the other thread seem to suggest some guy from Kobe Steelers.

The guy from Kobe Steelers is Jim McKay who, you may recall, worked as a consultant with us last year.

Did wonders when he was at Queensland Reds and one of the best attacking units out. Hearing all sorts of names at the moment, but none with any substance. All speculation.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 15:15
Quote:
usa warrior
Hearing all sorts of names at the moment, but none with any substance. All speculation.

In fairness I would expect nothing else at this stage, the news only broke at the start of the week I imagine the club has barely given it much thought yet.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 15:42
Expect they’re further into it than you think, but nothing certain. GG will have made some suggestions as well as applicants.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 15:43
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Quote:
usa warrior
Hearing all sorts of names at the moment, but none with any substance. All speculation.

In fairness I would expect nothing else at this stage, the news only broke at the start of the week I imagine the club has barely given it much thought yet.

I would hope they'd thought of not much else.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 15:45
Another major issue is that I expect that much of the players/coaches thoughts are on this topic as well. A fast resolution might be best from a playing perspective.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 15:51
Quote:
usa warrior
Another major issue is that I expect that much of the players/coaches thoughts are on this topic as well. A fast resolution might be best from a playing perspective.

For sure, nothing unsettles like uncertainty,

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 16:24
I would imagine they will name a replacement fairly soon. Paramount if they intend to bring some direction/stability to the club not to mention essential in their efforts to retain/recruit players.

MESSAGES->author
04 October, 2017 16:33
I hope we don't jump in with the first idea that comes to our heads. Let's take our time, meet plenty of potential candidates and then have someone sorted around Xmas time. The job at Worcester remains an attractive one so we should have plenty of candidates from around the globe.

Warriors23
Warriors23 (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 17:37
They won't announce a new DOR until after the announcement of the new owner/investors!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 18:04
I get your logic, but already stated that the current owners will making the appointment.

Whispering_Death
04 October, 2017 21:05
I really don't see how it's an attractive job, at all. I guess we shall see.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 08:12
I look upon this appointment as the single most important decision that the club will ever make, get it wrong again and I don't see much future for us in honesty.
I disagree with W_D , as Teme Dream has said we are one of 13/14 AP clubs and it is a fantastic opportunity for a coach to make a name for themselves, whether an up and coming chap or one whose star has waned and needs to re-establish themselves.
Who that can be I have no idea.

B-road
05 October, 2017 08:16
Boardroom instability is not going help.

Perception is reality and the perception is we're in a real mess.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 08:19
Look who have come to us

Gold
Ryan
Hill
Ruddock
Keast

They are far from shabby, so what went and still is going wrong(the Gypsie Course(Sm103))

JP

MESSAGES->author
05 October, 2017 08:28
Quote:
Whispering_Death
I really don't see how it's an attractive job, at all. I guess we shall see.

1 of only 12 top flight teams in England
Top class facilities to use – this matters to coaching staff I imagine
A chance to build a club into a top premiership team
A good academy set up with many players getting international honours

However I do accept it would be seen as a rather large challenge the Warriors job

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 08:34
Curse I think JP.

What went wrong ? -
Dressing room forces Keast out - Brain loses important colleague
Dressing room forces Griffiths out _ Ruddock loses important colleague.
Hill appointed when we should have waited and appointed Dean Richards ( who was advising us )(Sm159)
Dean Ryan does the dirty on us.
GG only ever a stop gap once EG was not going to be involved.

CD and the Allen's have poured a fortune into the club, and they have made the decisions with the help of an army of consultants, CEO'S and directors.
The word that keeps springing to my mind is consistency- consistently getting it wrong.

MESSAGES->author
05 October, 2017 08:51
All good points Rollo, I fully agree with all of them.

However there just seems to be something else that stops us making the step change needed, I don’t believe it is all to do with investment. As you said the Allens and CD have invested millions

So just what is it that is holding us back?

JP

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 08:58
Gold
Ryan
Hill
Ruddock
Keast

What did you think of Hill, while with us?
What did you think of Ruddock when with us?
What did you think of Ryan when with us?
Gold appeared to be okay until he announced he was moving on, albeit angst was beginning to build due to our poor start. Intensified since he said "we're in a good place" recently.

I know your thoughts on Keast

List may not have been shabby, but i don't recall too much appreciation of them, when they were doing the job. Arguably GG will be the only one to have gone on to something better following a stint at Sixways.

We are a potential death knell to an aspiring coach, and a blot on the CV of an experienced coach given past events.

Is that to do with 'Upstairs'? Possibly dependent on how restrictive they have been with the DoR remit and resource.

MESSAGES->author
05 October, 2017 09:05
For me what is holding us back is lack of direction and vision at board level. I am not sure we have known how to build a successful club.

When Ruddock took over we signed Gear and Latham who were great players but we had no spine of the team and no ability to use our best players well. If we got Gear the ball in space and at pace he could have been a different player.

When Hill took over we in effect closed down our academy and had no production of talent coming through.

The above decisions to me are strange at best, who on earth signed off on them. I feel Worcester have been naive in the past and just gone with whatever the DOR said at the time as gospel. I wonder who on the board or at the club questioned the decisions taken. Going forward I want to see clear leadership and direction from the board at Worcester, I feel we have improved in recent years with this but we still have a long way to go.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:07
Perhaps we need a more local man who has Worcester Rugby flowing through his veins?! Passion pride

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:12
Quote: CD and the Allen's have poured a fortune into the club, and they have made the decisions with the help of an army of consultants, CEO'S and directors.
The word that keeps springing to my mind is consistency- consistently getting it wrong.[/quote]

For me, what has been consistently missing is first hand rugby experience (i.e. ex-player)
at board level. Clearly, just pouring money in hasn't worked. Maybe that experience would have convinced them to build a team before facilities, as Exeter have.
Difficult to think of a candidate though - maybe Pat?

vigorniensis
vigorniensis (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:19
Or, better still, Pat's brother ?

Whispering_Death
05 October, 2017 09:23
It's all very well saying we are one of the best 14 teams in the UK but so what, we have failed as a club for years and right now we are the worst club in the top flight. We have so much baggage, no respect from other teams, media or supporters (rightly so, you have to earn it) and how many DORs and coaches have tried and failed. Not to mention the uncertainty of who will be running the club next year and their ambitions.

I get that it can be seen as a great opportunity but we've been saying that for years. Personally I would see it as a very risky career move at the moment unless I had absolutely no other options on the table.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:31
A week or two ago I facetiously suggested that one day someone would right a book about the last 15 (?) years at Sixways. The problem is of course that no writer would be able to get the real inside story but I doubt that there is one underlying reason why things just haven't worked out as we would all like.

It will be a combination of circumstances, personalities, availability and non-availability of funds and on occasion just luck - good or bad.

But any discussion about Worcester always comes back to Exeter. Why has Exeter been so successful when Worcester hasn't been? Why can't we be more like them?

I think that that is the wrong comparison to make. We should compare ourselves to the other "bottom feeder" clubs of recent seasons: London Irish, London Welsh, Rotherham, Leeds, Bristol, Newcastle. How has Worcester fared against those clubs? Against that yardstick not too bad really. Newcastle seem after many years hard work to be going very much in the right direction and Bristol are frightening everybody with the size of their cheque book but other than that?

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 09:58
A38, the Exeter comparison is obvious and inevitable really, given that they have achieved what we aspire to.
My point really though, was that they concentrated on building a team capable of achieving, rather than worrying too much about their facilities.
I just think we got it backwards.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 10:08
At risk of opening a whole can of worms a lot of time, energy and in the end cash has been expended in getting a separation between the amateur club and the professional one. Exeter did not have this problem. I am not saying that this is the sole or major cause of our relative lack of progress, but I think it has been a feature, and for some time was a barrier to investment.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 12:41
Why is it felt necessary to have ex players ( one or more) on the board. Their playing experience is out of date, their view of coaching and players development likely to be based on their own experience which is not current. The risk is of constant "back seat driver" behaviors - not all ex players are old farts but many ex players in many sports get locked in a time warp. What the board need to be able to do is facilitate ( meaning fund) the club; they need to make good appointments in key roles - rugby side and commercial side too; they need to be involved in profile raising and finding sponsors. They are not needed at training, in the changing rooms or opining on their favourite back moves from the old days. Even if having ex players on the board were a good idea ( and Tigers have not find it wholly useful) Pat Sanderson is not likely to be one of them as he was seen as very divisive by many and toxic by some whatever his merits as a player. His brother is developing in to an excellent and articulate coach.

Warriordad
Warriordad (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 20:50
I think is about having the right board balance. Made up of those who have done well in the game (not necessarily players) and those who are commercially minded.

When we look at all those DORs who have come through arguably the failing is of those who employed them. Just like Ritchie and Lancaster. Lancaster gets fired but Ritchie hung on to that role a while longer.

We need a big shake up and for me someone like Richard cockrill would have the mindset to get it done. Not saying it will be him but I feel his attributes would do well at Worcester.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 06:03
What is Cockerill's contract length in Edinburgh? He's crossed my mind as well. No doubt he'd like a venture back in the Prem and his escape for a couple of years might have given him the space he needed.

MESSAGES->author
06 October, 2017 08:07
Would not touch him with a barge pole.

It is not a bombastic bully we need.

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 08:13
Who would you have JP? Honestly can't think of too many without jobs already.

Warriordad
Warriordad (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 08:42
FC it is hard to say what we need. Hence the reason for the speculation.

Players may need a reality check? We need someone with a backs against the wall mentality.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 08:58
Three inter-connected things up in the air at the moment, all potentially destabilising until resolved: ownership, new DOR and imminent signing / re-signing season.

Ideally, new owners would come in very soon with clear ideas of what they want to achieve on the rugby field and the ability to appoint a new DOR who would be able to put that vision into practice. That in turn would open the door to sensible recruitment and retention negotiations.

But two negative thoughts: time in running out for contract negotiations; the emphasis on the sale "prospectus" has been on the non-rugby side (hotel etc)

Equally, the present board give every indication of taking their time.

So, all we can do from our supporter vantage point is to act like Mr Micawber and hope that something turns up!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 09:15
Good post A38, I have referred to the signing /re-signing issues in the Blair Cowen thread.
I would like to think that we are in no more than a tricky situation, but the truth could be starker than that.
One or two candles to be lit this afternoon I think!

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 10:29
The DOR will want to appoint his own signings not take someone elses on its a bit of a minefield. I guess a DOR would want new owners inplace for security. I woukd suggest until the new investors are in it will be slow going.

MESSAGES->author
06 October, 2017 10:55
IF, we can get the finance/investment/sale secured AND a new DoR sorted in time for the new DoR to get his recruitment and 2018-19 team in place that will be a massive step forward for the club.

All of our DoRs have taken over in desperate circumstances stuck with long term contracts of existing players, making it more difficult to put his team in place.

We have an opportunity which the club just have to get right.

JP

GrubberKk
GrubberKk (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 11:11
Try something different...go leftfield a bit.

Don't keep treading the same path.

Create an identity. Focus on youth.

Some brilliant young coaches/coaches working with young talent out there with vision and new methods. Do it.

Because doing the same thing time and again hasn't got the club anywhere in the past 10 years...

Just my opinion.

Whispering_Death
06 October, 2017 11:16
Definition of insanity right. You might argue you'd be insane to take the job under the current circumstances.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 11:28
A big IF JP.

I think we all realise for things to happen as you suggest, we should be hearing on Monday, that all is sorted. As Rollo and A38 allude too, players are being re-signed and no doubt Agents are sounding out opportunities for their clients on the QT with possible teams already. We could reasonably have a large number leaving at the end of this year, with little put in place to replace them, unless we are actively doing that work now. With no new DoR in place as far as we all know, not sure we can be doing that.

Not doubting that the club is working at these issues in the background, but not sure it will be sorted soon enough to get all the players we want to keep, in place.

When does FH contract expire? I've a feeling it may be at the end of this season, but i am probably wrong on that point.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 11:38
Quote:
ROLLO
At risk of opening a whole can of worms a lot of time, energy and in the end cash has been expended in getting a separation between the amateur club and the professional one. Exeter did not have this problem.

Prompted to look up the origin of the expression 'Can of worms' - and it's apparently not from what I had always assumed it to be sad smiley

Surely Exeter had exactly the same problems as Worcester - but they (and particularly Tony Rowe) have handled it much better?

AFAIK, Exeter are still a Members Club, owning all the shares in Exeter Rugby Ltd via trustees and, although Tony Rowe has funded them to an extent similar to Cecil & Co. at Worcester, that funding has been via bonds rather than 'ownership'.

They have in the past been the subject of a potential hostile takeover via bulk Membership invasion but have put in place complex rules & articles that will prevent that ever happening in future. (Perhaps one of our resident beancounters could expand on the detail?)

To JP's list of DoRs I would add Les Cusworth as the most signifiant loss. He was involved with all levels of the Club at Worcester and I'm sure could have given us the continuity to evolve in a similar way to Exeter. (He even had a 'local' connection in that he did his teacher training at West Midlands College of Education.)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 12:57
"When does FH contract expire? I've a feeling it may be at the end of this season, but i am probably wrong on that point."

FH had a three yr contract of which he is year 2 presently.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 13:20
I don't know much about young coaches, and would be tempted to take a punt with one. In my wildest dreams I would hope for Alex Sanderson. If we wanted a grizzled experienced coach, maybe Brian Smith. Question really is who is available and interested?

MESSAGES->author
Butthead (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 14:05
Surely we need to look no further than the Warriors Rugby Supporters Facebook group? Almost everyone in there claims to have better ideas than all of our current playing and coaching staff. It would be a shame for all that rugby talent to go to waste.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 14:13
Quote:
usa warrior
"When does FH contract expire? I've a feeling it may be at the end of this season, but i am probably wrong on that point."
FH had a three yr contract of which he is year 2 presently.

But this is his 3rd season with us?!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 14:24
Yes and no. He came on a short term contract first in 2016 (remember was off to the Olympics straight after), then we signed him on a three year deal.

This is his second season of that deal. He's just managed to perform his magic twice and therefore seems like he's been here forever (or not at all if you ask some people).

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 14:29
I would doubt Alex Sanderson would choose us after a brief chat with his big Bro.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 15:25
As we already have a pretty high-flying young coach in Sam Vesty I don't think it's likely that the board will want to appoint another younger coach.
Difficult to see the likes of Cockerill or Lancaster moving away from European Cup teams unless they get the old heave-ho. Phil Davies might be ineterested in coming back (again again)

Left field thoughts:
Jason O'Halloran
Milton Haig

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 15:26
"Wildest dreams."
I Don't kid myself for an instant that he would come to us from the European champs.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 15:59
Quote:
FlipFlop
I would doubt Alex Sanderson would choose us after a brief chat with his big Bro.

Totally agree, but not that he'd take any notice whatsoever of Pat, just that he wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:35
Is Alex still at Sarries. Saw him going be a chat pre Sarries game some years ago discussing their community coaching and network. Smart chap. If he’s still there, no doubt happy enough.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 22:05
Quote:
FlipFlop
Is Alex still at Sarries. Saw him going be a chat pre Sarries game some years ago discussing their community coaching and network. Smart chap. If he’s still there, no doubt happy enough.

He's still there, and is usually the go-to man for mid-game comments on BTS.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 21:59
Interesting analysis of Lancaster’s England tenure by Rob Andrew.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
09 October, 2017 08:18

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 09:10
Wouldn't say no to an up-and-coming NZ coach/DOR.

MESSAGES->author
09 October, 2017 09:23
Agreed

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 11:17
Quote:
usa warrior
Interesting analysis of Lancaster’s England tenure by Rob Andrew.
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

So Squeaky lays all the blame at Lancaster's door given that the RFU made such a fuss and spent so much money on bring Burgess to Union.If Sam hadn't been picked and we had still gone out I bet it would have been Stuart not picking Sam that was to blame.

The RFu tied Lancaster's hands over Sam Burgess and it is woeful of Rob Andrew to lay the blame all at Stuart's door.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

MESSAGES->author
09 October, 2017 11:39
PE I totally agree, I think squeaky is showing his true colour, a little sneak ready to blame anyone but himself

JP

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 12:01
To this point I have tended to defend Andrew from the carping of people who had neither his ability nor an understanding of the job he has done at Falcons and then the RFU. I have to say this article - which reads like a badly re-edited version of a longer piece with the language designed to make it more readable in excerpt form - presents him in a very poor light. Wasn't he the one in a position to force Lancaster to address the very issues for which he now blames him? Was he too weak to do that? Was Lancaster so overwhelmed that he could not or would not be helped? Mr Andrew, shame on you

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 12:11
Rob Andrew has a book to sell and as such needs to make bold statements. However, I'd have to agree with all above as he comes out of it looking pretty poor. I think the article just confirms what we've all known about how the RFU works and how they're willing to chuck anyone under the bus and preserve their own backsides.

Very poor form Mr Andrew.

It all reminds me of a few years ago when the RFU realised (or someone told them they had to) change and modernise. So they employed a consultant who came to the conclusion that the problem was the management structure and as such some of the top brass needed to hang their boots up. Well, this just wouldn't do so they fired him, and employed someone else to come up with some better ideas. However, the new consultant also thought that some of the top brass and that some of them needed to go, so they fired him as well.

Sometimes, you simply can't make it up.

MESSAGES->author
09 October, 2017 13:23
It’s all extracts from Rob Andrews book, they pick the most attention-grabbing passages and don't put them in any context of how the book is written. I suspect if anyone reads the whole book his critique maybe less focussed on Lancaster and more rounded. Remember the storm when Sir Alex Ferguson has his book promoted in the papers, it died down once people started to read it.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 22:12
Andrews reverses the bus in order to run over a few others...

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 07:10
It's the sad face of modern rugby or is it society, that we need to make other look bad to either get newspaper column inches thus sell book or make ourself look good.

I use to respect Andrew but lost it very early in his England role.
The RFU are terrible at promoting the game of rugby to the masses, they really have cocked up the Championship and just seem obsessed by generating short term money with no eye on the longer term.
I know Andrew is not the RFU but he kind of is.
But this article to sell a book just takes the biscuit..... disappointing

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 07:13
Simple answer no one purchase the book.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:28
You can include me in that "no one" Rollo.

MESSAGES->author
10 October, 2017 08:43
I do not think a new DoR will be recruited until the sale/investors have been resolved. Why, because they new guys will want a say on where their money is going.

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:45
I'd agree with that, but the current owners have stated that they will be making the appointment, however a lot can and will happen. All very odd.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 15:42
Presumably the new Defence Coach might also be looking to move away, as he is primarily here at GG's invite, and GG now plans to leave the club?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:34
Hogg “tightlipped” on his future beyond the end of the season.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:37
Can’t imagine he knows very much yet.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 21:04
Maybe not, but DoR and Head Coach up for grabs.

With a tricky start to the season and the Backs not firing, let’s hope the lure of Leicester doesn’t pull on Mr Vesty too hard...

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 11:20
How about Ali Hepher from Exeter? Currently their head coach while Rob Baxter moved to DOR. He has done a bit with the Saxons on their tour to SA. Hes young and clearly know how to make a team tick and will get us organised.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 12:46
Quote:
AJWarriors
How about Ali Hepher from Exeter? Currently their head coach while Rob Baxter moved to DOR. He has done a bit with the Saxons on their tour to SA. Hes young and clearly know how to make a team tick and will get us organised.

Surely has eyes set on the top job at Exeter when Baxter gets the international call

jhmosso
Spa eaststander (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 15:07
Thought Jim McKay had already got the job arriving in the new year!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 15:25
Really? I'd heard that Stuart Lancaster was being appointed this week...

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 10:49
Off to David Lloyd to see if I can spot Jim, Stuart, Richard Branson or any Russian Oligarchs.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 14:34
None of above. But did see Eddie Jones.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 14:45
Offa,

You and I must have been in there at the same time as me. I was sat near Steve Hansen. I did hear from the staff at David Lloyd that Jake White had dropped in "do some weights" apparently.(Sm3)

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:24
Just seen Heyneke Meyer, Jake White and Nick Mallet playing doubles with GG on the indoor tennis courts at David Lloyd.

MESSAGES->author
Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 21:47
Obviously I can't speak for Mr. Hepher but I do believe his mental faculties are intact. Why on earth would he want to accept the poison chalice that Worcester Warriors has become?
Personally I want Worcester Warriors to stay in the Premiership - your facilities are good and your supporters are a great bunch.
I truly hope you can turn your season around. Without Ali Hepher.
(Sm128)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 07:32
Just got back from David Lloyd.

Did a weights session with Graham Henry and Rob Baxter who said they wouldn't touch Worcester with a barge poll at the mo' due to the uncertainty surrounding the club.

Shortly after saying that they laughed and went back to Exeter / NZ.

UPDATE: just got a text message from Rob Baxter - "On second thoughts, I'll sign as DoR if senior management agree to bring back the Pears..."

Turv32
Turv32 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 08:32
Oh my god pears oranges apples this does not matter until we start getting results on the pitch.
Some folks really do need to get a life

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 09:06
Or to offer their gems of hilarity on one of the social media platforms instead. (So that I can more easily avoid reading them)

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 11:17
After thinking about this something doesn't make sense ?

We seem, according to everything I've read, to be selling the club.

But we're also told that the current management will appoint a DOR !?

Surely any new owner would want their own DOR, so which DOR is going to accept a job in these circumstances ?

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 12:18
Nice to have humour on these boards. 0 and 6, DOR leaving, club up for sale.......... Thank heaven for a bit of humour, even if it is gallows humour.

By the way. Eddie really was at DL yesterday. Talking to some rugby folk. Good on him for still showing an interest despite our season so far.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 12:22
Quote:
Offa
Nice to have humour on these boards. 0 and 6, DOR leaving, club up for sale.......... Thank heaven for a bit of humour,

Totally agree. Only problem remaining being the evaluation of “humour”.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net