rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Edward G
Any questions...
Edward G (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 06:47
All,

In an attempt to resolve as much of the ongoing speculation as possible, and to be as transparent as possible, I will be happy to answer any questions posted in this thread by 21h00 tonight. Answers will hopefully be posted by 07h00 tomorrow morning.

Thank you, still looking west,

Edward Griffiths

BrumBrum
Re: Any questions...
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 06:52
May sound daft questions, but
1) - is the club up for sale or are they looking for additional investors and/or revenue streams?
2) - Will the value of the club fall if we are relegated to the Championship & if so why don't the Allan family invest more money now to ensure we stay up & they reap more money or is the club already sold.
3) - do you think it will all be resolved by Xmas?

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 07:00
Is there any possibility that after 14 years a season ticket holder there is any light at the end of the tunnal? All I see is a train crash comming my way. Unless someone who really understands rugby comes in.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 07:02
Edward,

The obvious questiin is can the deal be resurrected or is it ongoing?

If so whats the time frame?

Would the consortium bring a DOR with it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 07:17 by knightstemplar.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 07:03
I have to applaud the outside box thinking.
My questions:
1. Was your offer taken off the table because it was insufficient valuation or a clash of personalities / ideas ?
2. Does your consortium have a DoR lined up to take over?

B-road
10 October, 2017 08:01
What does "still looking West" mean ?

Do you think cryptic comments on internet forums is beneficial to the whole process ?

GrubberKk
GrubberKk (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:02
If your consortium is successful, how do you see the future of WWRFC with respect to playing squad? Will it see foreign recruits brought in, or will the focus be on development of youth?

As a little bit of an outsider, my personal belief is the club lacks a little bit of identity (ie - it's too commercial/corporate). Focus -- IMO - needs to be on playing squad and development of young (potentially local) players that stick around for years.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:15
Quote:
ROLLO
I have to applaud the outside box thinking.
My questions:
1. Was your offer taken off the table because it was insufficient valuation or a clash of personalities / ideas ?

Rollo puts it perfectly. I just wanted to add my appreciation of the opportunity to hear further from you.

Supplementary question....

Do you agree that a fundamental cause of Worcester's Woes is a lack of continuity? and if so, what's your timeframe for ongoing commitment?

Humps for 1 Mile
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:21
How the fluff can this mess be rectified and how can you convince us that you are the right man to do it?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:23
1. What would your/any new owners ambition be for WW?

2. What would the timescale for a change in ownership potentially be?

3. Are you/a consortium that you are a part of still a viable candidate to take over the club? (based on this post I presume that you are)

4. Which Birmingham based location is involved in your consortium? Will all future games be played at Sixways?

5. What is the future planned use of Sixways?

6. What would your personnel roll be post-purchase of the club?

Many thanks for reaching out again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 18:29 by usa warrior.

MESSAGES->author
Grasshopper (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:28
Why wasn’t the first offer accepted? Is it because it was way below the expectations of worth, or down to other factors?

What can new owners do to turn the club around quickly? We’re already playing catch-up.

As a 20 year+ S/T holder, I’ve. now reached the point of saying - I’ve been very loyal, but it’s the last chance this time. The turmoil,poor performances, no sign of improvement, continuing to employ a poor head coach and too many Friday night games. I’ve spent my money on unfulfilled promises for far longer than I should have.

Relegation will certainly mean no renewal of my S/T. I certainly won’t be paying Premiership prices to watch a second-rate team again.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:37
KDDDD, fo a smile

Looking West - GG has gone west. There's big money in the west. An American Football team allied with an English Rugby team??

Looking West - GG goes west coaches USA for 3 years scouts out the best players coming through. We spend 3 years rebuilding infra structure and team. GG comes back as doR along with the best players from the USA??

Serious questions to follow

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 08:41 by Faithful_City.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:43
FC you've incorporated my thinking as well actually - American money.

Edward G, are we close?

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:50
Considering your bid is deemed off the table by the club do you feel that by posting on here and trying to win fan support the club will need to put your bid back on the table?

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:51
Mr Griffiths,I also welcome the opportunity to have some clarity in the current very depressing situation the club finds itself in. Q. Is there a possibility that this way of communicating with the group of people who support the club,may be viewed by owners and management as hindrance rather than help?

hairyicecream
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 09:11
Do you think there's any life left in the 'Warriors' brand, or do we need to take a fresh approach? A brand is only as good as its product, and the product has been pretty poor for a number of years.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 09:15
Quote:
Rollo
My questions:

As with TT I'd also like to echo Rollo's questions. To add to them I'd also like to know whether you feel that there is a realistic chance that your consortium will win through - ie are you still in negotiations with the club or is this, perhaps together with GJ's comments in TRP, a last throw of the dice to get public support? If it is just the latter it seems to be working!

Thanks for your gesture to the supporters - much appreciated.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 09:16
Would you rather be chased by 12 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?

On a serious point o agree that Rollo's questions are well put.

I would also add the following:

If you/the consortium you are involved in does take over, will you be looking at developing the sixways site for leisure purposes and what sort of thing do you have in mind?

kceWarrior
kceWarrior (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 09:26
Hypothetically, if you were successful with "your" bid...

If you could focus on only one thing in the first month, would you look at the - Playing squad (contract renewals and new signings), Backroom staff (DoR, Head Coach, S&C, etc), Facilities (new revenue streams i.e. tender for a hotel, shops, etc), The brand (Warriors, Worcester, etc), other?

I know in reality it is a combination of everything, but I'm interested to find out what you see as currently being the biggest barrier to success on the pitch.

B-road
10 October, 2017 09:43

Can you guarantee premiership rugby (notwithstanding the odd relegation) will continue at Sixways ?

I.e. no relocation of Warriors or the GP shares

Also, who do you feel is responsible for most of the speculation?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 09:45 by KenDoddsDadsDogsDead.

Jim O't
Jim O't (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:33
Has my seat been fixed? I can't deal with poor results AND crushed knees. It's too much.

East stand, block A, Row Y seat 22.

Pauper's deserve leg room too.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:35
WorcesterSauce - thanks for brightening up a boring day!
Possibly the funniest question posed on any forum!(Sm126)

Turv32
Turv32 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:45
One very simple question.
I for one am fed up with the amount of Friday night matches. And know of a lot of others who are too.
Warriors draws fan's in from a fairly large area.
I struggle to make the Friday's as others do.
If a take over is completed and you are somewhere in the mix, can you try and ensure there is a fair amount of Saturday games please.

RFU110
RFU110 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:47
I too am a long-term ST holder, with neck problems caused by looking up the table all the time!

My worry is that is Leicester can sell out Welford Road on a regular basis, and still they lose money. We have a smaller ground, but more commercial potential on the site.

How would you see our future on and off the field?

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:54
Great to have an opportunity to ask questions. Some of these are quite sensitive so up to you if you answer them

1 Is your bid only rugby based.For example have you excluded any business and hotel developments?
2 Does your bid remove the Allen family completely
3 Would you replace the entire board with appropriate rugby expertise
4 Would you intend to bring over a number of South African players to bolster the team as initially happened to Saracens.
5 Is your plan similar to the Saracens plan
6 Do You have strong enough current connections to bring in a high performing DOR / Players
7 Do you intend to make the club profitable or would the bid in effect depend on charitable contributions from a consortium of benefactors.
8 Would you become chief executive
9 How long would you stay
10 What would be the short,medium and longer term targets
11 Will we ever get a world class fly half!

I am really looking forward to your response. Thanks again!

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:12
One question.

WTF is going on?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:17
Q1 What unique element does your bid bring to Sixways?

Q2 What guarantees can you give that there will be no relocation of the club or 'fire sale' of its surrounding assets?

Q3 With several other clubs alleged to be looking for inward investment in the Prem, why have you chosen Warriors?

Q4 What is the timeframe for your plan to 'turn the ship' if your bid succeeds?

Q5 Is your consortium's planned investment outright purchase or ownership dilution?

Q6 How much do you believe it will cost to develop the club from where it is now, to a Prem winning team and is your consortium prepared to finance that?

and finally.....

Q7 Is the planned investment similar to City Equity style investments where you buy a business and either turn it around, take the profit and leave, or not make a profit and leave or are you in for the long haul?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask.

MESSAGES->author
10 October, 2017 11:18
Here are a few

1. Geographically where do you see Warriors playing rugby in the next 10 years?

2. Has your consortium given guarantees that Warriors will remain at Sixways, Worcester?

3. Sponsors get special treatment which is good, how would the consortium incorporate the
   supporters more, making them feel involved and respected?

4. How would the consortium improve the dire Sixways Experience, supporter’s facilities,
   food outlets, cheaper dining facilities, better appointed and customer friendly bars
   fun and excitement to encourage supporters to return and grow?

5. How would the consortium attract the best players and coaches, something we have failed
   to do on a regular basis?

6. How would the consortium provide some continuity in the DoR and coaching staff?

7. Would the consortium continue to invest in the clubs youth and academy programmes?

8. How or what would the consortium do to grow the very small income stream we already have?

9. Does the consortium see and plan for Sixways being a national events center both for
   sport and other entertainment?

10. Does the consortium see  and plan Sixways to be a multisport stadium?

11. What Capacity stadium does the consortium want to build?

The main question for me, a very simple question

WHY do you and your consortium "want" Worcester Warriors?

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 11:20 by Faithful_City.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:20
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Would you rather be chased by 12 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck?

Duck sized horses obviously. Can you imagine the beak?!

(Some good questions being asked here

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:24
Can we go back to the Pears if you take over please?

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:40
My understanding is you have left the club and the consortium was not successful so I don't really understand why you are in a position to answer any questions relating to this? Not being funny, just confused.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:49
The one thing this club really needs above all else is continuity, across everything.
What would you do to provide that continuity from board level to dpp and community level, which is your future fan base.

MESSAGES->author
Zander (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:49
Applaud you engaging in this way with the fans.
All questions above seem fair though I'm sure that some answers are either unknown at this time or unable to be given any detail as contracts would need to be agreed.

I would want to know on the DOR appointment, we need longevity in that role irrespective of short term failure. If we look at all the clubs near the top they have put faith in their DOR and stuck by them not got rid or allowed to leave very easily. We need somebody who wants us to improve , someone who wants to build and someone who will stick with his plan no matter how "long game" it is. They need to be backed by the Board , players & fans.

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:55
I assume that the IP address has been checked and this is not a wind up by someone that already posts on here with multiple names?

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:22
The question for me is why the question was asked.

tezzer1000
Refuse to lose (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:27
The original poster has 804 previous posts not to say they are from another forum ?

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:41
Quote:
Refuse to lose
The original poster has 804 previous posts not to say they are from another forum ?

There was an identically titled post by 'Edward G' on TheSaracens.com board in 2012:

[www.rugbynetwork.net]

That 'Edward G' also has 804 posts (and joined on the same date in 2009).

Circumstantial evidence but...

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:11
Even if the club senior hierarchy were using an opportunity to garner opinion, i really don't mind, if that is what this turns out to be. We are interested in what is happening and although cannot be kept bang up to date with the very latest events, it would seem the media bits that the club does publish on developments, are very dry, lacking in substance and usually a summary of what has been mused on here, but 2 weeks ago.

If you're of the opinion that EG is not our business, or our questions are not his, or his methods are unusual, then so be it. JOT got slaughtered for engaging with supporters, perhaps in a more abrasive manner.

The club does have a Supporter Engagement employee i believe. The fact i can't recall their name may be a flaw in that role. EG, or whoever may be masquerading as EG is merely asking
questions. I find it unusual, but also engaging and refreshing.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:17
FlipFlop the name is Beth Reader , nice lady.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:17
Quote:
IanRed
I assume that the IP address has been checked and this is not a wind up by someone that already posts on here with multiple names?
I exchanged private messages with Edward G the first time he approached this board, and became satisfied that he is the real Edward G. This was cross-checked with Sarries sources as well.

jaytee
jaytee (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:29
Some very good and interesting questions raised here. Will be interested in the responses.
And as Rollo states; Beth Reader is the lady in question and has always been extremely helpful. Lovely lady.

JayTee

Whispering_Death
10 October, 2017 14:05
I like the engagement but I still don't see how someone who has parted ways with the club has the authority to speak about anything other than his consortium, which may never get anywhere near the club.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 14:11
Mr G, do you at present have an offer on the table? I think you know that a positive answer will give hope to the vast majority of us.

walter1
walter1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 14:43
From a supporters' point of view, if we had the opportunity to 'vote' for your bid, how would you sell it to us? What are the benefits to the supporters?

Kilner
Kilner (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 15:04
Mr. Griffiths, I think there is concern from many loyal supporters about the story in The Rugby Paper prior to the start of the season and how you opted to advertise that the owners were looking for new investment not failing to mention that you were 'available' to introduce any potential investors. Interestingly Neale Harvey's story does not mention anyone's name in this article which suggests you didn't have an investor and you were fishing for one at the expense of the intellectual property of Worcester Warriors OR you did have an investor but he wasn't deemed suitable to the board of WW and you were throwing your toys by throwing WW under the bus.
Was this not confidential information that you were making public? It is not the sort of story that fills the business with confidence in the opening weeks of the season and surely it made it difficult for the coaches to uplift the spirits of the players. Why did you choose to go to the press?
As a business consultant to a private business, surely you knew that there was no benefit to the business of Worcester Warriors by making such confidential info public? If you did not then how can you be considered wise enough to turn around the business with a new investor?
In your message, you are suggesting you intend to clarify 'ongoing speculation' but Mr. Bolsover already did that by stating that your consortium was not considered suitable as an investment solution.
Is it accurate that your investor is based in Cape Town and you met through his previous involvement at ETV?

MESSAGES->author
10 October, 2017 15:21
Ooh, in depth and tricky.

Good questions

Last question, so long as the Investor has deep pockets and wishes to keep Premiership Rugby at Sixways, I will take him no matter where he comes from or whatever the connection.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 15:27 by Faithful_City.

MESSAGES->author
Drutz (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 15:31
Personally I think Whispering Death and a few others have hit the nail on the head.

We have been informed that the deal was a non starter from the board. So how can we have questions answered from a consortium that, if the board are to be believed, that has no power to answer these except hypothetically?

Pulling the boots on for one more year

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 15:33
Rollo,

Thank you for the name. I am sure she is a good person. Not a name i (and maybe others) was familiar with, which in a role such as Supporter Engagement, seemed counter to the roles purpose.

MESSAGES->author
10 October, 2017 15:33
Do the Warriors make the parties to negotiations sign non-disclosure agreements?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 15:47
Well of course we haven't really had an update on 'other offers' via the official media channels at Sixways, so a vacuum is created, that something always seeks to fill.

Hypothetical answers are better than nothing, when nothing is being offered from elsewhere.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 17:40
Some good questions being asked. I can't think of any more to add. As others have said, if this is the real deal, it's a nice gesture to come on and try and be transparent.

MESSAGES->author
10 October, 2017 17:51
Having your first offer refused is not a disaster in any bid.

You just adjust and resubmit, if you want to.

JP

WarriorEd
WarriorEd (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 17:53
If you were to take over, would the plan for warriors include significant high-profile signings or would the recruitment be based more on signing promising young players to try and develop into a team?

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 19:09
Quote:
Teflon Ted
Quote:
IanRed

I exchanged private messages with Edward G the first time he approached this board, and became satisfied that he is the real Edward G. This was cross-checked with Sarries sources as well.

Thanks Ted at least I was not the only person that was suspicious/paranoid.

I think there are some very good and searching questions that I look forward to seeimg responses to.

WorcesterSauce
10 October, 2017 19:13
Know i'm coming back for a second bite of the cherry here, but have to just re-emphasise others question on the brand.

It is a pretty toxic and poisonous brand at the moment. Years of failure has led it to become a bit of a joke and a brand that is associated with losing/failure. If you do end up taking over the club, will you consider a rebrand and if so would you be looking to go back to the clubs historical and traditional roots?

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 19:49
I can only assume that you are still hopeful of a future successful bid, although I imagine that there will be other suitors.

Whilst I have a deep and binding affection for my rugby club, one of the few things that trumps it is my love for our city. I am slightly concerned by all the talk about redevelopment of ground around Sixways. My great fear for our city is out-of-town shopping. Something that I believe would kill our mainly thriving city centre. So my only question bizarrely has nothing to do with rugby, but is this:

If successful, what would your plans be for development of the site, and would you be able to allay my fears regarding out-of-town shopping? (I appreciate that this is nothing but speculation and I hope is me putting 2 and 2 together to make 5).

neale harvey
Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:02
Having just seen the post below, I can categorically say that I had no contact from Edward Griffiths prior to writing my story. The story was not 'planted', it was just plain, old-fashioned - and accurate - journalism, so the conspiracy theorists can think again. Neale

Quote:
Kilner
Mr. Griffiths, I think there is concern from many loyal supporters about the story in The Rugby Paper prior to the start of the season and how you opted to advertise that the owners were looking for new investment not failing to mention that you were 'available' to introduce any potential investors. Interestingly Neale Harvey's story does not mention anyone's name in this article which suggests you didn't have an investor and you were fishing for one at the expense of the intellectual property of Worcester Warriors OR you did have an investor but he wasn't deemed suitable to the board of WW and you were throwing your toys by throwing WW under the bus.
Was this not confidential information that you were making public? It is not the sort of story that fills the business with confidence in the opening weeks of the season and surely it made it difficult for the coaches to uplift the spirits of the players. Why did you choose to go to the press?
As a business consultant to a private business, surely you knew that there was no benefit to the business of Worcester Warriors by making such confidential info public? If you did not then how can you be considered wise enough to turn around the business with a new investor?
In your message, you are suggesting you intend to clarify 'ongoing speculation' but Mr. Bolsover already did that by stating that your consortium was not considered suitable as an investment solution.
Is it accurate that your investor is based in Cape Town and you met through his previous involvement at ETV?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:33
Any further updates this coming weekend Neale?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 21:36
I'm sure Neale will be reading this thread tomorrow morning to read Edward G's responses to the questions asked.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 21:47
Along with the rest of us TT!

WorcesterSauce
10 October, 2017 22:02
I realise this is a late one but equally its a simple one word answer. Do you know whether or not the club are about to go into administration yes or no? I suspect it's the latter but would be good to have peace of mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 22:38 by WorcesterSauce.

Wah-RE-or
Wah-RE-or (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 22:35
It's not April is it?

Edward G
Edward G (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 01:03
At the outset, thank you for the questions and the opportunity to use your platform. I have declined many media interviews in recent weeks, preferring to use this message board firstly to be sure that the words are my own, neither edited nor misquoted, and secondly to address directly some of those who care the most about this club.

First, before answering the questions, please let me provide some context.

Gary Gold and I arrived at Sixways as consultants in February 2017 and, with the efforts of staff and players, ensured a reasonable finish to the season; in a ‘mini-league’ measured over the last nine rounds of the 2016/17 season, Worcester finished in sixth place.

We both agreed to remain at the club for the 2017/18 season, with Gary leading the coaching and me overseeing and co-ordinating everything else in the rugby department. Pre-season ran well, and the squad trip to Barcelona in August seemed to augur a new dawn.

After 30 years working in and around elite rugby, initially as CEO of the SA Rugby Union at the time of the 1995 Rugby World Cup and then as CEO of Saracens from 2008 until 2015, I have developed my own ideas of how a rugby organisation should be run… focus on the process… gather talented people together, trust them at all times, back them through tough times, treat them unbelievably well in every imaginable way and, in return, they will try unbelievably hard… and, in time, the outcome… the results… will look after themselves, and success follows.

In many ways, Worcester in 2017 does resemble Saracens in 2008 - committed owners have invested heavily in successive Directors of Rugby who rarely last more than two years and in a procession of big name players, with stability and success proving equally elusive. It should be remembered that Saracens finished ninth in the 2008-09 Premiership.

There are, of course, many ways to run a rugby club and I would never suggest I am the fountain of all wisdom. However, in June this year, it became clear to me that the way I felt the club should be run did not match the philosophy of the current owners.

So, having secured a silent investor, we started discussions with Greg Allen about taking over the burden of ownership, bringing a combination of rugby expertise and funding, and building upon the foundations laid by the Allen family, taking the club forward. In our proposal, the new owning entity was to be 51% owned by me and 49% owned by the investor, providing absolute clarity and clear, caring leadership.

Our aim was to develop the club at Sixways, in Worcester, for Worcester, improving the match day experience, creating a happy and upbeat environment, putting a successful team on the field and developing a viable business off the field. In our carefully constructed model, with conservative revenue projections, the club would within two years lose a sustainable £532k per year.

In all honesty, I believe we nearly reached an agreement with Greg Allen at the end of August, but we could not settle on one specific issue, the freehold of the stadium and land, and Greg decided he would prefer to test the market, which of course he was perfectly entitled to do.

In response, I told the Board that I should not continue to work at the club, selling a long-term vision to players and staff, negotiating contracts, when I could not be sure of being able to deliver that vision. One of the directors said this was an honourable position for me to take, and I duly resigned as a consultant with immediate effect… still hoping and believing that, if no better offer emerged, our fair and reasonable proposal might still be accepted.

The past six weeks have been difficult for all concerned, with disappointing results and a debilitating series of injuries in key positions, and relationships have been strained. I have been wrongly accused of leaking information to the Press when, as journalist Neale Harvey confirms elsewhere in this thread, I was neither the source of the original leak nor the instigator of recent media comments by Gary, Jackson and GJ.

As circumstances at the club changed, I informed Greg we would withdraw our original offer but would remain open to new discussions, starting with a blank piece of paper. Greg has since said he has decided to move forward in a different direction. So the status quo is that there is no bid on the table and no discussions are scheduled, and yet we remain available to talk.

Now, addressing your questions:

@BrumBrum, I cannot speak for the current owners about what they are seeking, or their investment plans or whether these issues will be resolved by Christmas.

@drifter, there are many talented, committed people working and playing at the club, and I remain hopeful that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

@knightstemplar, as stated above, there are no ongoing discussions, but we certainly believe a deal can be resurrected at any time; we are pragmatic and eager to play our part in moving the club forward, bringing stability and a relentlessly positive outlook.

@ROLLO, my understanding is that our offer was rejected because the owners believe a better deal can be found elsewhere, although it seems as though perceived personality clashes have regrettably and unnecessarily started to cloud the issues; our plan was to recruit a new young, dynamic Director of Rugby, somebody committed to the club for at least five or six years, with Gary Gold continuing his excellent work as a fly-in, fly-out Technical Director. Our initial choice as DOR has sadly now agreed to join another club, but we have other strong options.

@KenDoddsDadsDogsDead, still looking west means still feeling optimistic about the future of a club I have come to enjoy and respect, and, as stated above, I am choosing this forum so my words are clearly and accurately conveyed to the people who care most.

@GrubberKk, without revealing our intended strategy to rival clubs, I would note that, while there is value to be found in the southern hemisphere, we would be strongly committed to developing young English talent in our catchment area and surpassing the EQP targets; it’s interesting to note that, while the top 100 player salaries have almost doubled in the past three years, the salaries of the finest Academy players around the country have remained the same.

@TeflonTed, yes stability and continuity is key; we would create a coaching and staff structure that ensures succession from within, and we would seek to help as many players as possible reach the 50-cap and 100-cap milestones, ensuring fewer than five players retire or leave each year.

@Humps for 1 Mile, the situation can be rectified by one or two smart decisions and I would be pleased to be part of the solution, part of the process to take the club forward.

@usa warrior, our ambition would be to gather talented people together, treat them unbelievably well so that, in return, they try unbelievably hard - that’s all, that’s the process - the outcome, the results, would then look after themselves and we will move up the league; we believe we are viable candidates but, as stated above, our offer has been rejected; yes, the club would certainly be based at Sixways; there is no prospect of planning for commercial or retail development on the site, but a hotel within a new north stand could be a viable option; as with any business, a small group of talented and well motivated people will generally deliver.

@Grasshopper, as stated, our first offer was rejected because the current owner wanted to eek a better offer in the market, as of course he is perfectly entitled to do. I believe the club can be turned around in three hours of hard work, smart decisions and clear leadership. Please don’t give up your season ticket yet; the foundations are there.

@Faithful_City, Gary will do a great job as coach of the US national team, but this commitment need not preclude him from continuing his excellent work at Worcester; that said, I think there is more latent rugby talent in the West Midlands than in the United States.

@usa warrior, no there is no prospect of American partners; a better guess would be the country where rugby is most likely to grow in the next 5-10 years… Japan.

@West Brom Warrior, I am not seeking to win fan support and am only outlining the position and my views here to prevent any confusion and to be totally transparent.

@woodywuss, as stated, I hope this communication is constructive, and provides clarity to a group of people who are emotionally invested in the club; after all, it’s worth remembering we are taking about a rugby club, not the Brexit negotiations; what’s the point of secrecy?

@wusstawizard, for what it’s worth, my personal view is that the Warriors brand is not as strong as the Worcester brand, which is why I unthinkingly refer to the club as Worcester rather than Warriors.

@Teme Dream, as stated, our bid has been rejected but we remain open to discussions.

@WorcesterSauce, we have considered development options and believe that, aside from some tidying up of the piecemeal West, a hotel in a new north Stand makes sense. And… 12 duck-sized horses would seem to be preferable chasers to one horse-sized duck.

@kceWarrior, hypothetically, as you say, the immediate task would be to identify the administrative, coaching and playing staff required and enter into long-term contracts, trusting people, investing in people and bringing stability and purpose to the organisation; in my view, again for what it’s worth, the mood around the entire club can tend to be too negative; people need to start seeing the best in each other, not the worst in each other, and to smile more easily and more often.

@KenDoddsDadsDogsDead, our plan is completely focussed on maintaining Premiership rugby at Sixways; for anybody to contemplate the sale of the P-shares back to PRL for around £7.5m, and so wind up the professional club, would be an historic betrayal. To his credit, Greg Allen has repeatedly stated he will never take the club down this route.

@Jim O’t, I don’t know about your seat but will happily check when I am next at Sixways.

@Turv32, the Friday night question is complex; a Friday night kick-off is obviously inconvenient for families, and restricts opportunities to attract younger supporters to home matches, but it also presents additional challenges for visiting teams. A balance can be found.

@RFU110, the 12 Premiership clubs lose a combined £28m per year, largely because the heady owners have frittered away recently increased revenue on paying largely the same leading players very significantly increased salaries. By controlling salary inflation and increasing revenue through smart partnerships, Worcester can reach breakeven or better.

@Sheldon, we would focus on the rugby, the events business and possibly a hotel within a new north Stand; the Allen family have been extraordinary supporters of the club and any new bid is not designed to remove anybody; we would be open to all discussions; we would not bring in a high number of South Africans, and we would seek to introduce some of the best elements of what was done at Saracens, though not all… the foundations are stronger at Worcester; I believe our vision would inspire and attract high quality staff, coaches and players; the club can certainly reach breakeven or better; if a deal were to be agreed, I am not remotely interested in titles but would envisage being involved with the club for the rest of my working life; we won’t have any five-year plans, we will have one-year plans, year after year, to gather talented people together, to treat them unbelievably well so that, in return, they try unbelievably hard; that’s all.

@Abmatt, options are emerging and decisions are being made, ideally sooner rather than later.

@FlipFlop, it’s now hypothetical but I believe our unique element is the proven track record of transforming an underachieving club into two-time European champions; I can categorically say the club will not be relocated and there will be no sale of assets; in my view, for what its worth, the gap between current state and potential state is greatest at Worcester; we have proposed an outright purchase, but remain pragmatic and open to discussion. Our primary motivation is to take the club forward; nobody has ever taken over a rugby club to make money. Again, in my view, the challenge is not simply to spend money on new players, staff and coaches… it is to spend money in a smart way; the pure aim is to put the club in a sound position, in the league and on the balance sheet, bringing pleasure to all employees and supporters.

@Faithful_City, Worcester will be based in Worcester; yes the club will remain at Sixways; supporters are customers, emotional shareholders to be consulted and engaged online and in regular forums throughout the catchment area; there is certainly potential to improve the Sixways match day experience; a clear vision and clear, consistent leadership will attract and retain high quality staff, coaches and players; in coaching, we would promote succession from within; current revenue would be increased by innovative marketing and strategic partnerships; two hours’ drive from most rugby hubs, Sixways could become a National Rugby Centre; work needs to be done, but an ultimate capacity of around 15,000 would seem reasonable; lastly, we would like to take the club forward, for the benefit of everybody associated with the club… that’s all. Cynics may doubt such intentions, but, if we simply wanted to make money, we would not look at a rugby club.

@TVM Rides Again, agree about the duck-sized horses.

@Big T, it would seem sensible for pears to be reinstated within Worcester rugby.

@Whispering_Death, aware of various rumours, I wanted to bring some clarity and transparency to my position and, again, hope I am not imposing myself on this forum; you are right, of course… my views are not worth more, for less, than anybody else’s views.

@Eternal optimist, you are 100% correct about continuity which is why, once identified, talented staff, coaches and players will be trusted through good days and bad days.

@Zander, you are right… the next DOR needs to be prepared, and backed, to stay for the next five years at least; the same applies to core staff, coaches and players.

@IanRed… this is not a wind-up.

@A38, I have invited questions to provide clarity and transparency; many of those who visit this site have followed Worcester for many years and deserve nothing less.

@Refuse to Lose, I used to run ‘Any Questions’ sessions on the Saracens message board on a reasonably regular basis, and learned a great deal from the direct engagement.

@FlipFlop, we are 2,485 words into this response, so I hope it is still refreshing and engaging.

@jaytee, that is also my experience… Beth Reader is extremely helpful.

@Whispering_Death, I am not claiming any special rights or authority, and, as you say, my views are worth no more and no less than anybody else’s. I apologise if this seems an intrusion.

@Patgadd, there is no offer on the table, but we remain available to resume discussions.

@walter1, this is not a simple sales process, because Greg Allen owns the club and he is perfectly entitled to act as he sees fit. He has always seemed absolutely fair and reasonable. However, if asked to ‘sell’ our proposition, perhaps it could be said that if you want to transform an English professional rugby club from underachievers into serial winners… you would be well advised to engage one of very few people who have successfully led such a process before.

@Kilner, thank you for raising these accusations of media leaks - they are completely false, as confirmed by the journalist concerned in this very thread. I have not made public any confidential information, and have only said one sentence to the Daily Telegraph in the past six weeks, declining many media requests and choosing to communicate here. Perhaps you would be kind enough to confirm these facts to the person who made the allegations to you. The investor will happily step forward once a deal is agreed, but he does not intend to play any direct role at the club.

@Faithful_City, our proposal will be to develop a club where the only visible public figures are the DOR and the players, where there is no dominant owner and where people like me only pipe up to provide clarity, transparency and leadership on, hopefully few, matters of controversy.

@Drutz, you are correct… the views expressed here are currently hypothetical, but, if you are still reading at 2,800 words, then hopefully you will not feel your time has been wasted.

@knightstemplar, non-disclosure agreements are commonplace but, in my experience, it is a better plan to deal with people with integrity, and we aspire to be nothing less.

@FlipFlop, there are times when it is sensible to say nothing, and I would not criticise the club in this regard; from my perspective, at this time, I simply wanted to be transparent.

@Faithful_City, this is true and we will see what happens.

@WarriorEd, successful recruitment should aim at a balance between youth and experience, and focus on the swift assembly of good people ready to pull in the same direction.

@WorcesterSauce, in my hypothetical view, Worcester is a great place and a great brand.

@Offa, our property consultants and planning experts have said there is absolutely no prospect of a shopping centre being granted planning permission at or near Sixways.

@Neale Harvey, thank you for providing clarity although I suspect the conspiracy theorists will never be convinced, and I am sorry I declined your request for an interview last week.

That’s the lot. The response has just edged over 3,000 words and is now complete at 02:16; fortunately the Cubs vs Nationals match 3 of the NLDS series was washed out by rain, so there have been very few distractions.

Thank you again for the questions, and for the use of your message board.

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 02:23
Edward,

Thank you for answering questions and giving insight and transparency.

You seem passionate about rugby in Worcester and determined to make your bid work.

For what its worth you have my backing.

Good luck!

Moyles
Moyles (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 04:06
EG
Very interesting read. While I appreciate the Allens backing - having an investor with credentials of already turning another club around has to be the way forward.
I would be interested in understanding further how you are going to close the gap between the current loss and your rather specific projection so quickly but in the mean time I hope I get to see you fulfil your amiition with “our” club.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 05:22
Many thanks Edward for being so open.
What a wasted opportunity particularly with the DOR elements

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 06:02
Bloody hell, hope his bid is brought back to the table and we take it.
He has got me, would be happy with paying 10% more on season ticket, to see it happen.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 06:20
Thanks Ed for clarity on where your bid stands and all the responses to the questions, as you say the ball is really in the Allans court now. Your track record at Saracens and vision for Worcester has turned me from a skeptic on your bid to a hopeful fan.

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 06:44
Many thanks Ed.

I like very much what I have read and the way it was presented.

If, it is how I read then it would be back to a Genuine Rugby Club a genuine WORCESTER Rugby Club.

One of the key threads was treatment of people, Players, support staff,Sixways Staff and SUPPORTERS.

Trust each other, remove the snipers and blamers

I am in!

My biggest concern now is that the decision could be too late. It is OK to say you can turn it all around in 4 hrs but if the results are so bad by then there could be no way of saving our Premiership status.

JP

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 06:47
Thanks Ed - you have my vote, will write to the club.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 07:06
Thank you Edward a refreshing and open set of answers. I wish you success. It is also good to hear how supportive the Allen's have been and it would make sense for them to see a successful transition.
I am not one for thinking that if your bid was accepted that it would all be sorted out in five minutes, what we as supporters want is a clear path of steady progression which we thought we were getting with Dean Ryan but proved to be a mirage.

Melvyn Owen aka ROLLO West Stand B F18 - in this matter I think we should have complete transparency and not hide behind any posting names.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2017 07:10 by ROLLO .

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 07:15
I'm not surprised at Greg turning down the first offer, I just hope he isn't purely motivated by money, although as I don't know how many millions we're talking about I can't really judge. Fingers crossed we get the right outcome.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 07:22
The few hundred of us who read this forum regularly are of course only a small percentage of the supporters, but could possibly be justified in regarding ourselves as the hard core. It is therefore our duty to spread our opinions on this matter as widely as possible among other fans, whatever those opinions are. I'm not too bothered too much about the badge, but support Mr Griffiths, and it seems clear that those who hate the egg brand will back the EG band. (Geddit?)

Whispering_Death
11 October, 2017 07:26
You've certainly sold your vision to most on here I suspect, and personally I agree completely on the Worcester brand. Interesting you feel a few hours of smart decision making could turn this season around. Fingers crossed further discussions could be had.

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 07:36
Don't worry most of what is written here will appear in the WN very shortly

JP

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 07:57
What worries me is this: the possibility of an agreement being reached could lead to the press interpreting the result as the Allens "backing down". and this could affect Greg's attitude to negotiations.

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 07:59
There are several answers/statements that really resonate with myself and what I would like to see. Personal likes which I applaud, many are how I was taught in the Army and my roles within Virgin Media. In fact a lot like Virgin industries.

Quote:
Ed Griffitths
After 30 years working in and around elite rugby, initially as CEO of the SA Rugby Union at the time of the 1995 Rugby World Cup and then as CEO of Saracens from 2008 until 2015, I have developed my own ideas of how a rugby organisation should be run… focus on the process… gather talented people together, trust them at all times, back them through tough times, treat them unbelievably well in every imaginable way and, in return, they will try unbelievably hard… and, in time, the outcome… the results… will look after themselves, and success follows.

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
In our proposal, the new owning entity was to be 51% owned by me and 49% owned by the investor, providing absolute clarity and clear, caring leadership.

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
Our aim was to develop the club at Sixways, in Worcester, for Worcester, improving the match day experience, creating a happy and upbeat environment,

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
there are many talented, committed people working and playing at the clu

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
our ambition would be to gather talented people together, treat them unbelievably well so that, in return, they try unbelievably hard - that’s all, that’s the process - the outcome, the results, would then look after themselves and we will move up the league;

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
for what it’s worth, my personal view is that the Warriors brand is not as strong as the Worcester brand, which is why I unthinkingly refer to the club as Worcester rather than Warriors.

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
the mood around the entire club can tend to be [b]too negative; people need to start seeing the best in each other, not the worst in each other, and to smile more easily and more often.[/b]

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
Worcester will be based in Worcester; yes the club will remain at Sixways; supporters are customers, emotional shareholders to be consulted and engaged online and in regular forums throughout the catchment area; there is certainly potential to improve the Sixways match day experience;

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
many of those who visit this site have followed Worcester for many years and deserve nothing less.

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
in my hypothetical view, Worcester is a great place and a great brand.

The Supporters are the backbone of the club and do deserve to be treated "unbelievably well"

JP

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:01
Mr.Griffiths,sincere thanks for the above.Time will tell if this transparency leads to success for the club.

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:09
Many thanks Ed. What you have said makes very good sense and I would be delighted to see it implemented.

GrubberKk
GrubberKk (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:10
I am against owners/officials etc posting messageboards, usually ends badly - however - fair play to Ed Griffiths, this seems to be completely genuine and seems to have a huge passion for developing rugby clubs/structures.

"@GrubberKk, without revealing our intended strategy to rival clubs, I would note that, while there is value to be found in the southern hemisphere, we would be strongly committed to developing young English talent in our catchment area and surpassing the EQP targets; it’s interesting to note that, while the top 100 player salaries have almost doubled in the past three years, the salaries of the finest Academy players around the country have remained the same. "

Again, I'm not a WWRFC supporter but live local and take an interest - the answer to my question is exactly what I wanted to see - for the future of WWRFC. Absolutely, IMO, the correct focus to have.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:10
At the risk of being accused of fawning over this thread, this has been one of the best posts i have read or participated in since being on here.

Although the suggestion that the answers are hypothetical exists, the clarity of the answers from a senior figure in the game, is personally very refreshing.

Although not every sentence has been responded to, i believe every series of questions was addressed which doesn't hold any of the arrogance normally associated with higher level communications.

It is clear that The Allens view Sixways environs as an under utilised asset that they believe can yield capital. As to whether that capital would reduce their shareholding, be invested in the club, or attempt to balance some of the losses they have sustained is yet to be seen.

Time will tell regarding the outcome. I like the vision outlined by EG.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:14
I have been thinking aloud of late about the probability of the club reverting to its "natural level" of a Championship club: too many years of muddling through, drifting from one set of players and coaches to another - and then another, a slow erosion of a once excited supporter base and the ever escalating cost of paying Premiership salaries.

There was an attraction for me in being able to go to Sixways to see maybe a lesser talented side - but a usually winning at home one. Yes, there wouldn't be the excitement of promotion / relegation to whet the appetite ( and the fear) but my guess is that a winning Championship side, albeit not competing for promotion, would regularly bring in 5,000 happy supporters every other Saturday afternoon.

However, the EG scenario which he (more than) hints at above does seem far more grounded than the "visions" we have seen and read about over the last few years.

In his eyes, there is definitely considerable potential for a Worcester Premiership club - and for a radical shift of gears in a number of ways.

Time for Worcester Phoenixes? Maybe not quite that radical.

The next few weeks are going to be interesting - if only because the press will be jumping all over this and putting pressure on the present owners for some reaction.

northstand warrior
northstand warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:26
I did not pose a question as I knew it would be covered by my eloquent supporting counterparts.

Thank you Mr Griffiths for your open and frank post.

Two huge concerns I have now are:

1. Clearly from a rugby perspective Ed Griffiths was constructive in negotiating contracts and as a result of his leaving I would presume this would leave some very despondent players.

2. Whilst from a selfish perspective we now have more information to hand, with this now being in the public domain will Greg Allen ever re-consider dealing with Ed Griffiths who has gone public?

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:37
Thank you Edward_G for taking the time to answer these. I echo what has been said above in that this sort of commication is very much appreciated.

If you could I do have one question off the back off your answers.

You made an offer that was rejected, then left it on the table but subsequently removed from said table but remain open to dicussions.

My question is do you intend to return with another offer or do you intend to wait for the club to reopen discussions?

You and you investor (I'm guessing from Japan, Sony Warriors anyonewinking smiley ) are clearly extremely keen to take over Worcester and have what seems a very clear plan. From what I've read it you don't seem to say that 'discussions' have restarted as of yet which given your posts and passion for the clubs potential seems odd.

Thank you in advance for a reply.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:38
Sane and very understandable explanation of the issues from a bloke with A PROVEN TRACK RECORD.

Ed's a Pearist.

Crack on Ed.

B-road
11 October, 2017 08:40
It certainly seems the intention here is honourable, I second the gratitude expressed and appreciate the time put in, however...

I would really question the wisdom of doing this exercise on a forum. One thing that all posters here probably have in common is that they've had posts completely misunderstood.

A couple of things jump out for me and in a way raises as many questions than answers.

So with that in mind, what on earth does "Greg has since said he has decided to move forward in a different direction" mean ?

That really could be interpreted in a number of ways - some not so good. Particularly when considered with the statement

" we could not settle on one specific issue, the freehold of the stadium and land, and Greg decided he would prefer to test the market"

Do you mean he doesn't wish to pursue your original bid? Or something else? Is that he wants to sell the freehold or keep it ?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 08:54
I took that to mean that he wanted to keep it, but 51/49 split wouldn't allow for that.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 09:09
Edward, thank you for your time and honesty. I admit to having been a sceptic, but also admit to being wrong. I like your vision and style. But as you well know, winning me over is not the issue. I wish you well with your next ventures wherever they may be, and hope that they may be with us. Thank you for your time and efforts when you were with us, and with hope and a fair wind you may reach the West.

Tony Warrior
Tony Warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 09:20
As successful money men the Allens will quite naturally look for the best return on their investment, whereas Cecil seemed to see warriors as his baby project and so was happy to lose millions, thank goodness.
The freehold is now the bargaining tool, and although I was being pedantic when I mentioned one of our new sponsors was a house builder I might not have been to far off the mark.

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 09:20
Blue&GoldWarrior

Ed has answered your question here

Quote:
Faithful-City

Quote:

JP

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 09:22
Tony, what do you know?

JP

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 09:36
Quote:
Faithful_City
Blue&GoldWarrior
Ed has answered your question here

Quote:
Faithful-City

Quote:

JP

Agree, it was the 'If you want to' and ''we will see' buts that got me wondering IF another offer had been made.
More out of curiosity than anything. Fully believe EG is the man to take the club forward!

I've heard from people who work with/for the club he is the real deal so hope its done sooner rather than later.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 09:44
well i know who i would vote for. nice to see such openess. what i do know is we cannot go on like this!!

Tony Warrior
Tony Warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 09:53
FC sadly/gladly nothing.

However, look around you. The councils/government are hell bent on building on every bit of greenery available in order to generate more income streams.
The Allens quite rightly want the best return on their losses, they are after all money men rather than "rugby nuts"they didn't amass their fortunes by being frivolous or reckless.
John Lewis among others want to come to Worcester so are ready to pay big bucks, and what better position for an out of town retail park than on the side of the motorway?
The council own the land next door and I am sure they would be willing to sell for the right price, and with the land the other side of the canal suddenly you have potential for a Bicester type shopping village.
Also don't forget somebody has already tried to put a canal based marina next to Sixways, biggest growth market in the leisure sector.
As I said I know nothing except the Allens will want as much of their money back as they can get, and so would I in their position.
Personally I hope the EG consortium can win the day and keep rugby at Sixways, however money talks as someone once said.

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 10:04
My thoughts on bidding(with no evidence)

As Ed explained they mad an offer which was refused on only 1 aspect "freehold", meaning that all other criteria were satisfied.

Then Greg Allen decided to go to market and put the club up for sale, obviously looking for a better off than Ed and ??? had submitted.

Subsequently Ed tells Greg they are withdrawing their offer, but are still interested.

This tells me(guessing of course) that the other offers have been far inferior to Ed's and he would be stupid to still offer anything substantially better that the other offers on the table and may well reduce his offer.

Quote:
Ed Griffiths
As circumstances at the club changed, I informed Greg we would withdraw our original offer but would remain open to new discussions, starting with a blank piece of paper. Greg has since said he has decided to move forward in a different direction. So the status quo is that there is no bid on the table and no discussions are scheduled, and yet we remain available to talk.

So what direction is he going in now??

It would seem that Ed & ??? are most definitely out of the picture.

JP

kceWarrior
kceWarrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 10:09
From a selfish point of view I want to see success on the pitch and EG to me is the most likely route to achieving that outcome. The current players want him here, players from elsewhere would probably want him here (anyone spot FH's picture the other day with Jantjies?) and coaches and staff would want to come and work for him. The chance to be joining a "Saracens 2.0" at the early stages Vs the current sinking ship, is a huge swing.

I worry that EG and his investor won't hang around forever though, they will probably find another project to sink their knowledge and ££ into. If the Allens want to explore other options, they better well ensure they find one that is going to be equally beneficial to the club - and that it can happen sooner rather than later.

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 10:09
Tony, Ed Griffiths's team have done some due diligence and have stated above that there is no way the council are ever going to give planning permission for an Out of Town shopping area at Sixways.

Lewis's were refused permission to build on Swinehers Way or the new Business site near the motorway. They were offered several brown field site in Worcester but turned them down.

Waitrose was built and they have a section within.

If the Allen's are holding back on the Freehold it would indicate they want to build and take some profit from that.

JP

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 10:10
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

In the WN, as we knew it would be.

MESSAGES->author
11 October, 2017 10:11
If it doesn't happen soon we will be dead in the water and nobody coming in.

JP

Humps for 1 Mile
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 10:12
Edward.

Thank you for your honesty and answers. As a supporter I value that.

I hope that your attempt to take over can be revived as I like the sound of your vision for the club and proposals. It would seem to be what is needed and I am sure that with such communications as this you would have the support of us, the supporters.

Now all that needs to be done is a squaring of the circle and to reconcile the differences between your backers and the Allens.

Best wishes and thank you.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net