rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MSR-Worcester
Wednesday Team Prediction
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 13:50
So this may be a bit of a challenge. Gold has picked a strong European squad [www.epcrugby.com] but surely some of our players need a rest.

Looking at the number of minutes each player has played, there are 9 players who have played over 300 minutes (3 of those have played 6x 80 minutes). That rules out GJVV, Willison and Adams in my book. I also think DOC, Arr, Shillcock, Singleton, Lewis and Bower deserve a rest/benching IMO.

1. Waller
2. Taufete'e (NEP)
3. Alo
4. Scotland-Williamson
5. Spencer
6. Taylor
7. Kirwan
8. Denton

9. Arr
10. Shillcock
11. Hammond
12. Te'o
13. Olivier (NEP)
14. Howe
15. Humphreys

16. Williams
17. Bower
18. Milasinovich
19. Phillips
20. Lewis
21. Dowsett
22. Olver
23. Adams

Bear in mind in Europe you can only select 2 non-european players (NEP) in a match-day 23.

Edited: Swapped half backs as Stringer not registered and you lot are quite right that we need continuity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2017 15:04 by MSR-Worcester.

Ronster
Re: Wednesday Team Prediction
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 14:16
Is Kirwan fit now?

silver warrior
silver warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 14:22
I'd play Lance at 10. I thought he looked like he'd have a lot to offer on the pitch when he came on at Bath.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 14:25
I would if he was registered for the Challenge Cup.

JP

B-road
11 October, 2017 14:38
I'd continue with first choice fit half backs. If these games are to be used to get backs firing for prem, they are ones we need playing

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 14:48
Yes, we need Shilly to settle into that 10 berth and he needs game time there. Maybe only give him 40 min, but he needs to be on the pitch imo.

MSR-Worcester
11 October, 2017 15:02
Quote:
Drahm for England
Is Kirwan fit now?

I'm pretty sure he is. His injury timescales were due around now and there was a picture of him in training the other day.

Darren Barry and Ben Howard may also be close to returning.

FYI - Mama, Potgieter, Lance and Stringer are all not registered (plus no academy lads).

B-road
11 October, 2017 15:06
Quote:
MSR-Worcester
Quote:
Drahm for England
Is Kirwan fit now?

FYI - Mama, Potgieter, Lance and Stringer are all not registered (plus no academy lads).

So how many fit, eligible SHs do we have ?

MSR-Worcester
11 October, 2017 15:15
2 - Arr and Dowsett

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 15:42
That would suggest Arr & Dowsett then! Dowsett to start?

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 16:03
I'm also for keeping arr and shilcock to build continuity.

Is this 2 none European players thing new this season? Kolpac players no exception?

I might rest Spencer he's too valuable and he looked hurt against bath to me, Phillips could use more game time.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 16:05
Spencer has been in the paper this week saying he's looking forward to the game so only reason that he has to be in there.

Also didn't play the first few matches so shouldn't be too beat up, in theory.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 19:43
Hogg is running the show as GG is back in SA, so expect anything.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 08:20
Lance is now in the squad.

MSR-Worcester
12 October, 2017 08:46
Ah fair enough. Max Stelling has dropped out.

MSR-Worcester
12 October, 2017 09:46
Quote:
dkexile
I'm also for keeping arr and shilcock to build continuity.
Is this 2 none European players thing new this season? Kolpac players no exception?

I might rest Spencer he's too valuable and he looked hurt against bath to me, Phillips could use more game time.

As far as I'm aware it's been a rule for a few years. Last year it wasn't an issue as we predominantly picked a young EQP side, with Taufete'e and Conor Braid as the only NEPs.

This year we have:
Taufete'e
Faosiliva
Lance
Olivier
Willison
Hougaard (injured)
Heem (injured)

So 5 doesn't easily fit into 2!

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 13:14
Quote:
MSR-Worcester

As far as I'm aware it's been a rule for a few years. Last year it wasn't an issue as we predominantly picked a young EQP side, with Taufete'e and Conor Braid as the only NEPs.

This year we have:
Taufete'e
Faosiliva
Lance
Olivier
Willison
Hougaard (injured)
Heem (injured)

So 5 doesn't easily fit into 2!

Thanks, y'know I vaguely recall this conversation last year, I'm sure I've seen sides packed with southern hemisphere players which is why I thought there's some kind of exception made somewhere but anyway...

For me hougaard is first choice to get ready the week before for league match, Lance to get him used to playing with everyone else, then I'd prefer Oliver to get him match fit but I can't think of any fit hookers in GI joe doesn't at least bench.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net