rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Supporters Events
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 18:34
26th October - Open Training Event

31st October - Evening with Gus McKay

MESSAGES->author
Re: Supporters Events
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:20
Should be lively enough.

Announced where/how?

Nothing on offie or email

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:22
Quote:
TeflonTed
Should be lively enough.
Announced where/how?

Nothing on offie or email

Email to ST holders about 17.00 this evening

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:33
Thanks Gary.

I really must get round to updating my email address at WW, it's an old one which runs only to the mac , not phone or tablet since it also receives about 50 rubbish sales messages a day.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:47
Both booked. Thanks for the heads-up gents.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 20:04
Me to.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 20:37
As the second is Halloween I canít see the kids letting me out to play that night. Shame.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 21:46
Quote:
usa warrior
As the second is Halloween I canít see the kids letting me out to play that night. Shame.

Tell them it's a dreadful American escalation of an original pagan harvest festival, and get along to 6Ways.

Given current events, if the evening turns out anything like the Jolly Jim sessions did it will be unmissable.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 22:32
I expect you're right! Gonna try but at 6 and 7 they care less about pagans and more about sweets and witches.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 22:34
Oh yes see you there.

JP

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 23:30
Surely USA Warrior is entitled to "celebrate" haloween as part of his heritage.

I always put up a sign stating beggars not welcome, Bah, Humbug!

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 01:16
We are away week of the 31st - any chance of the supporters club doing a Facebook live broadcast?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 07:05
Thank you IanRed for recognising my right to celebrate niche holidays. Just a shame it conflicts with the supporters event. I'll be the one dressed as a Power Ranger...

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 08:26
I wonder if Mr Mackay will be in a position at the meeting to tell us anything about the sale / investment situation. Wasn't the end of October given as the deadline for expressions of interest to come in? It's probably too early though for concrete news if there are several under consideration.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 09:34
That's a fair question A38.

Clearly there's an opportunity for the club, in the form of GMcK, to stonewall the ownership issue on timing, "offers are still being received/discussed,not appropriate to comment until process is closed and offers evaluated" etc etc.....

Only an old cynic would possibly suggest that such a relatively early date for this discussion Q&A session could have been chosen to allow such an approach?

If Bill Bolsover is there, and I do hope he will be, I'm pretty confident that we'll get answers as to the immediate state of buy out/buy in offers.

And since Guerrier, on another thread, says "WE'LL get some answers", I look forward to him being present and coming out, as most of us did at the Jolly Jim sessions, and no doubt will do again in case of failing memory issues!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 10:27
I have a feeling that the Q&A under Mr McKay may be a different 'animal' to that under Mr O'Toole.

Not entirely sure what he plans to discuss. However an evening of "No Comment" may not quite be the outcome that attendees had in mind. Hopefully, he can develop the supporter engagement element of the club, and outline how communication by the club is planned to be improved from what was deemed less professional under his predecessor.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 10:41
I imagine any Q&A with anyone at the club wonít reveal confidential information on who is bidding for the club. If the talks reach a more advanced stage then I would expect NDAs to be signed so nobody can talk about it. I would expect ďa number of interested partiesĒ response when asking that sort of question at the very best.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 10:51
WBW,

Probably the official line, whether in fact there are other offers on the table or not.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 11:35
FF: You raise an important point. What will be on the agenda for the evening? We can presumably rule out rugby questions which is GG's area. So issues such as recruitment, fitness, injuries, re-signings won't be discussed. If the sale / investment issue is still not in the public domain what is there left to discuss? Bar prices won't take up all that much time nor will communication with supporters.

So why have the meeting? Unless there is something to tell us...

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 11:41
Maybe the events Agenda could be provided?

I know subject matter can meander from intially outlined areas (a bit like it does on some threads on here), but perhaps an Agenda gives all interested parties a fuller insight into what is open for discussion, and hopefully gather interest.

I appreciate that the club is putting on these events.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:20
Good point FF nobody is going to stand up and say we have no interest when they are seeking investors are they!

On what Gus can talk about I am sure he will talk about the rugby side he does chat with GG most days so has a good idea of whats going on but I imagine he will want to talk about what can be improved at Sixways for fans, what they are planning on doing and what they have done so far. Development of the site questions such as housing or a hotel. Plenty to ask of interest that is not the rugby side.

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 12:13
I received my tickets today for both events.

The agenda for the Evening with Gus Mackay seems to be printed on the ticket.

7.00pm Introduction from Gus
7.10pm Questions
7.45pm Break
8.00pm Questions
8.45pm Event Closes

So it looks like it's up to us to prepare the questions ?

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 12:43
Quote:
Villages12
I received my tickets today for both events.
The agenda for the Evening with Gus Mackay seems to be printed on the ticket.

7.00pm Introduction from Gus
7.10pm Questions
7.45pm Break
8.00pm Questions
8.45pm Event Closes

So it looks like it's up to us to prepare the questions ?

Which is what it said in the original email from the club - send your questions in first

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net