rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

centrethere
team's up
centrethere (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 11:47
15 Chris Pennell
14 Tom Howe
13 Wynand Olivier
12 Ben Te’o
11 Perry Humphreys
10 Jamie Shillcock
9 Jonny Arr
1 Ethan Waller
2 Joe Taufete’e
3 Gareth Milasinovich
4 Christian Scotland-Williamson
5 Pierce Phillips
6 Huw Taylor
7 Sam Lewis
8 GJ van Velze (C)

Replacements
16 Jack Singleton
17 Ryan Bower
18 Biyi Alo
19 Darren Barry
20 Matti Williams
21 Michael Dowsett
22 Jono Lance
23 Dean Hammond

A38
Re: team's up
A38 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 11:51

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:05
Pleased to see Tom Howe and Huw Taylor get starts. Probably the strongest team we've put out in the ERC for many a year.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:16
I hope Tom Howe clicks in tomorrows game. From what i have read of his Academy appearances so far, it hasn't gone so well, He has pace, so it will be interesting to see how things go.

Agreed, a strong team which will be enough to banish the recent poor showings in this Competition, and make attending the game, a more meaningful spectacle.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:18
Hope this link to Brive site works in full!

[www.cabrive-rugby.com]

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:29
I like the side, some continuity but a bit of resting done too.
I like rotating the front row, be good to see what Taylor and Howe can do in a good side.

Hope Waller, csw and Humphreys use this to nail down a place in the first 15

Old Col
Old Col (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:38
Brive--that's a pretty wizened looking bunch !

MESSAGES->author
ARFC Warrior (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:41
James Johnston on the Brive Bench

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:53
Brive team very different to the one that started (and won!) their last Top14 fixture so I presume they're not especially strong.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:55
Like that team but it leaves me with a number of questions, back row is looking pretty thin with Matti Williams covering the bench. Poor GJVV having to go through another 80 mins! Where are Denton, Kirwan and Faosiliva?

I also thought Chris Pennell was injured and Will Spencer was going to play, WN playing games again.

Personally thought Lance might start, but no problems with building up Shillcock's confidence. Will Sp

Good to see Adams, Willison and DOC all rested after a grueling few weeks.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 13:21
Interested to see how the Teo/Olivier partnership goes! If they click it could be really effective.

Glad to see Shilcock getting a bit of an extended run at 10. It's great to have Lance in the squad, with him not being here past Xmas we need to get Shilcock game time at 10

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 13:46
I expect Brive to be 'abrasive' as is the style in France.

No matter how unfamiliar the names are in their team, due to the lack of a salary cap, their 'reserves' may be better quality than our own.

Any team that has managed to get game time out of JJ and Lelei in T14, must be miracle workers.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 14:24
Why do we have 2 hookers on bench?
Or is Williams there as a backrow?

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:14
Quote:
BrumBrum
Why do we have 2 hookers on bench?
Or is Williams there as a backrow?

I think Williams covered 7 in pre season as well

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:35
Hogg in charge?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:40
Yeap, Hogg gets Euro games, Vesty gets the AWC and GG gets a chance to USA homegrinning smiley

Similar to the arrangement last year (GG to USA excepted).

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:45
Quote:
FlipFlop
I expect Brive to be 'abrasive' as is the style in France.
No matter how unfamiliar the names are in their team, due to the lack of a salary cap, their 'reserves' may be better quality than our own.

Any team that has managed to get game time out of JJ and Lelei in T14, must be miracle workers.

Brive are bottom of the Top 14, [www.bbc.co.uk]

Conceded more on aggregate -141 (against WWs -115). If we can't beat their second team with a scatter of first team players then we have no hope!

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 17:35
Quote:
MSR-Worcester
Like that team but it leaves me with a number of questions, back row is looking pretty thin with Matti Williams covering the bench. Poor GJVV having to go through another 80 mins! Where are Denton, Kirwan and Faosiliva?
I also thought Chris Pennell was injured and Will Spencer was going to play, WN playing games again.

Personally thought Lance might start, but no problems with building up Shillcock's confidence. Will Sp

Good to see Adams, Willison and DOC all rested after a grueling few weeks.

Perhaps after missing last season GJ still feels he needs matches to get up to speed, I'm glad Spencer gets a rest I'm sure he picked up a knock against bath and he's too valuable to risk, with pennell I guess it's good as it shows he's not concussed.

I'd say Faso misses out due to the 2 none European rule
But as we've more than two that rule isn't right.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 18:01
MSR,

I’d like to be certain that will be the case. However I am wary of not recognising many if any names in their side and feeling that must mean 5 points in the bag by this time on Saturday. Been there before and not liked the outcome....Zebre anyone?

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 18:51
We should beat them well.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 20:27
They will have a big front row and fast wings.
Well they are French after all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net