rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

usa warrior
Re: Who is going to buy us?
usa warrior (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 20:44
Quote:
Warriors23
Quote:
knightstemplar
Quote:
Warriors23
I heard from someone (with connections to the club)that a a buyer maybe imminent and that they are also a current owner of a football club.
Obviously Worcester City!

Don't mock! .... all will prevail

Presume you mean ďbe revealedĒ. Any timeframe?

Moyles
Moyles (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 06:02
Quote:
TeflonTed

He has expressed a desire to build a replacement for that vehicle since JLR ckearly donít want to.

?

For the record they do and are.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 06:10
Wonder what Mike Ashley is thinking of investing in next :-/

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 07:19
Quote:
FlipFlop

My god I hope not. Can you put players on zero hour contracts?

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 08:32
Quote:
FlipFlop

Won't be a rugby team I think he likes to make money on his investments.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:01
Quote:
Moyles
Quote:
TeflonTed

He has expressed a desire to build a replacement for that vehicle since JLR ckearly donít want to.

?

Fair Play Moyles, my mistake.

[www.autoexpress.co.uk]

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:06
One of these days, somebody, somewhere will buy a soccer club and have the idea of also buying a Premiership rugby club at the same time to play on alternative weekends at the same venue. The jargon word for that used to be synergy.

The RFU etc could well be persuaded to accept this if Prem rugby was being taken into a geographical area where it is not already represented and where it could hope to attract new supporters to the game.

Whilst some on this board would condemn such a move (especially the Hon Member from Lea and Perrins) there are elements of business logic here and whilst Wasps' move to Coventry is not an exact precedent its success will not have escaped attention.

I am not for a moment suggesting that such is likely to happen to Worcester but Worcester is not the only rugby club up for sale if rumours about the likes of LI are true. But Prem rugby is getting more and more expensive for even the Sugar Daddies of this world and it would not surprise me if amalgamations were not to happen in the medium term.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:18
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Quote:
FlipFlop

Yeah he normally does. The NUFC investment has gone really well....not even with the current alleged purchase by Qatari investment.(Sm100).

Obviously, meant Ashley with irony.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:34
Quote:
A38
One of these days, somebody, somewhere will buy a soccer club and have the idea of also buying a Premiership rugby club at the same time to play on alternative weekends at the same venue. The jargon word for that used to be synergy.
The RFU etc could well be persuaded to accept this if Prem rugby was being taken into a geographical area where it is not already represented and where it could hope to attract new supporters to the game.

Whilst some on this board would condemn such a move (especially the Hon Member from Lea and Perrins) there are elements of business logic here and whilst Wasps' move to Coventry is not an exact precedent its success will not have escaped attention.

I am not for a moment suggesting that such is likely to happen to Worcester but Worcester is not the only rugby club up for sale if rumours about the likes of LI are true. But Prem rugby is getting more and more expensive for even the Sugar Daddies of this world and it would not surprise me if amalgamations were not to happen in the medium term.

Could argue that Bristol are already doing this.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:35
Quote:
A38

This has already sort of happened with Bristol, who are owned by the same owners of Bristol City, although the geographical move was a small one from the mem to ashton gate.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:18
Quote:
A38

Without sounding like I'm still drunk from last night I'd heard a local business consortium were interested, if one of those was also involved in a Football club perhaps they think football could also be played at Sixways?

Pure conjecture

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:24
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Quote:
A38

This has already sort of happened with Bristol, who are owned by the same owners of Bristol City, although the geographical move was a small one from the mem to ashton gate.

Quite right. I had almost done the impossible and forgot about Bristol although I was really thinking about the possibility of a more radical geographical move away from one location into, say, a much larger conurbation.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:31
Is there a rich Football club in Birmingham?

JP

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:36
Quote:
Faithful_City
Is there a rich Football club in Birmingham?
JP

I'm wondering if it's more local....a consortium may include people interested in developing the football.

Pure speculation but I am sober!

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:36
Villa and Wolves are absolutely stinking rich, particularly the latter who are owned by Fosun, some sort of chinese consortium i think worth billions. They have aspirations to get in the champions league and expand the stadium to 50,000+. Doing both of these will probably cost them upwards of 200 million.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 11:08
Not sure that a large club owner are looking to purchase us to build a 40k stadium, or generate some losses to offset against profits they may have from football interests.

Many of the bigger investors in football at Prem or Champ level are now from the Far or Middle East, with the occasional American thrown in. TV money alone, makes this happen.

With due respect, i am not aware that these regions of the world are so into rugby that they would invest even £30 million in Warriors.

Steve Morgan is my pie in the sky given his similarities to CD in terms of Industry background, love of sport and philanthropy. No basis for it, but has dabbled with higher end sport in the past, and may be interested in doing so again.

[en.wikipedia.org])

MESSAGES->author
06 December, 2017 11:49
Quote:
FlipFlop
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Quote:
FlipFlop

Yeah he normally does. The NUFC investment has gone really well....not even with the current alleged purchase by Qatari investment.(Sm100).

Obviously, meant Ashley with irony.

Appreciate Ashley was meant as an ironic suggestion.

However he claims to have spent £250 million on Newcastle during his tenure and the opening bid was £300 million so it seems he will yet again make money. Seems to be a horrible person but a successful and shrewd businessman

Moyles
Moyles (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 17:17
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
Moyles
Quote:
TeflonTed

?

[www.autoexpress.co.uk]

I have a pretty decent order to make some parts for it so I was hoping you wrong! And I hadnít dreamed it up!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:27
Quote:
Moyles
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
Moyles
Quote:
TeflonTed

?

[www.autoexpress.co.uk]

I have a pretty decent order to make some parts for it so I was hoping you wrong! And I hadnít dreamed it up!

Good on you, so nice to hear of people still making things! Iíd missed the Defender relaunch somewhere along the line, probably something to do with JLR deciding to leave a 4 year gap in production.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 20:36
Quote:
FlipFlop
Not sure that a large club owner are looking to purchase us to build a 40k stadium, or generate some losses to offset against profits they may have from football interests.
Many of the bigger investors in football at Prem or Champ level are now from the Far or Middle East, with the occasional American thrown in. TV money alone, makes this happen.

With due respect, i am not aware that these regions of the world are so into rugby that they would invest even £30 million in Warriors.

Steve Morgan is my pie in the sky given his similarities to CD in terms of Industry background, love of sport and philanthropy. No basis for it, but has dabbled with higher end sport in the past, and may be interested in doing so again.

Steve Morgan, as in Redrow Homes?
Arenít they a club sponsor.
Would be interesting as he likes to focus on detail and he is known to be a bit of a perfectionist

[en.wikipedia.org])

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 23:09
And a thoroughly odd man to work with I understand from my very limited experience granted

Also my best pal is a Wolves fan and he was pretty cheerful to see the back of him

MESSAGES->author
07 December, 2017 00:05
I donít think Steve Morgan is going to get involved with another professional sports team, think he enjoys his spare time holidaying in the Carrabien too much for that.

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 04:33
Or he's after the land!

TVM Rides Again....Again
07 December, 2017 05:13
Quote:
worcestawarrior
Or he's after the land!

Residential building land isn't so scarce that they'd need to take such a convoluted route to obtaining it.

This obsession over the land - you'd think it was the only viable development site in the county!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 06:07
It is probably the main thing of value in the purchase proposal for the club, so unsurprisingly people will look to see who might be interested in buying land as a by product( or maybe the jewel?) of buying a loss making rugby club. Just maybe.

As for Morgan holidaying in the Caribbean- CD spent half of his time away from the UK, and the Allenís appear to rarely be visible at Sixways, so not sure that would hamper potential interest from the likes of a Morgan type figure.

TVM Rides Again....Again
07 December, 2017 07:29
Ah yes, but there is still the underlying interest in the club there isn't there? Ok it would help balance the books - but it's still be as part of buying a club

If you just want land - as some imply - there are plenty of opportunities - cheaper and easier ones - for house builders and other developers

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 07:42
It looks like we may soon know the answer to the question: "Who is going to but us?"

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 08:36
Quote:
A38
It looks like we may soon know the answer to the question: "Who is going to but us?"

Who was it said ďbut me no butsĒ?

Weíve had enough buts for a good while now thanks!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 09:05
And I can't even blame predictive text! Back to proof reading classes!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 10:36
We all knew what you meant, just teasing!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 12:01
Has felt before the club has tried to shaft the fans
though!
Not entirely inaccurate from A38!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net