rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
WRSC Chair - WWRFC Chair Meeting
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:00
A great opportunity.

What do you want our chairman to ask Bill Bolsover?

What do you want our chairman to tell Bill Bolsover?

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2017 06:14 by Powick Eastander.

Abmatt
Re: WWSC Chair - WWRFC Chair Meeting
Abmatt (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:07
1. What is going on with the take-over/investment into the club?

2. That we need some light on the situation as mound is setting in and we are turning into mushrooms. A lack of engagement could have a long lasting affect on support levels in the future.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:38
What is the future for the club in terms of ownership and ambition?

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:50
Is the Freehold for sale?

MESSAGES->author
22 October, 2017 18:09
A key question for me is

If we are to encourage new investors, What changes are the club planning so that the new and present investors reduce their losses.

A key suggestion for the club is

Supporter engagement, the club needs to improve its communication with supporters and the match day experience. It has to be so exciting that even after a loss supporters feel they have had an enjoyable time and ďwantĒ to comeback.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 20:50
Not forgetting the other issue.....what are the short and medium term proposals to ensure premiership survival.

Whatever happens to ownership, a drop to the championship will seriously affect attendances and associated catering and bar incomes, to say nothing of TV money.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 21:48
1. Why was Ed G's offer turned down?

2. Is it the case that any involvement by EG has been permanently ruled out? If so, why is his potential involvement now seen not to be in the best interests of the club?

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
23 October, 2017 05:02
Whats is happening with the hunt for a DOR or is it Solomons?

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 06:07
I think that there are many questions, the problem will be with what answers can be made public at this time. As Bill Bolsover is obviously looking to calm fears I would suggest that it may be best to ask for some assurances with YES/NO/DON'T KNOW answers. I would suggest:

1. Can you assure us that there is sufficient funding to complete this AP season?
2. Can you assure us that the P shares and therefore the Warriors franchise will remain in Worcester?
3. On the basis that there has to be some chance that we will be relegated , can you assure us that the sellers and any new owners will be prepared for the re-building that will be necessary?
4. Can you assure us that the sellers recognise that for success on the field any new owner needs to have rugby expertise?
5. Can you assure us that it is the sellers intention that the club should still be, via our academy through to fisrt XV, a breeding ground for English players?

On the basis that answers to 1,2 & 3 are YES I would suggest that we then just have to be patient as these things will take time.

MESSAGES->author
23 October, 2017 06:16
Is the SRFU investment even as a minority investment still on the table?

Eco Warrior
Eco Warrior (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 07:41
Quite simply: I and, I suspect, a lot of others, have fallen out of love with Worcester Rugby. How is that love going to be re-kindled so it burns bright and hot again?

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 08:07
Quote:
Eco Warrior
Quite simply: I and, I suspect, a lot of others, have fallen out of love with Worcester Rugby. How is that love going to be re-kindled so it burns bright and hot again?

I think that is an excellent suggestion which is key to the loyalty of a great number of Worcester supporters - past, present and future.

MESSAGES->author
Re: WRSC Chair - WWRFC Chair Meeting
Abberley (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 08:53
What were the motivations in becoming involved with Worcester Warriors?

We know that Cecil had strong local connections and originally wanted to re-invest for the benefit of Worcester in general (and has done so with several major projects) - but the current investors seem to have kept a relatively low profile?

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 09:44
Will he be attending the evening with Gus Mackay ?

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 09:49
When is the club website going to actually inform the paying supporters about some detailed news and information. They assume that everyone reads the WN or do social media.

I don't bother with the club website anymore because although the layout is better the content is boring.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 10:11
At what point did they decide to employ the Worcester News/ Rugby Paper as our media team?

Why have they not accepted Griffiths offer?

Why does the club continuously treat long serving loyal fans (or costumers, if they prefer) with little or no respect? Does BB think it is morally right to toy with fans emotions in the way the club to some extent has done over the past few weeks/years?

Why did the club get rid of JOT?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 11:46
Quote:
Villages12
Will he be attending the evening with Gus Mackay ?

Iíd expect so. Came to the JOT meetings.

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 08:25
Is there any feedback from this?

Thanks

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 08:43
Good question KT.

I have not heard anything yet.

JP

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 12:19
I imagine the PR machine is turning!

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 15:40
V e r y s l o w l y!

JP

MESSAGES->author
Master Warrior (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 16:13
Ground to a complete halt by the looks of things, just like OUR club. Sort it out Worcester, we deserve better than this.

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 16:19
Mushroom Troop MW

JP

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 16:44
Sad but true JP, we arenít important.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 17:27
Quote:
Master Warrior
Sad but true JP, we arenít important.

Not what Sam Vesty told a group of us this afternoon.

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 18:00
But he is OUR chairman not the clubs and as such has a duty to keep us informed of the meeting with Bolsover. It is not just a meeting of old pals his job is to look after OUR best interests, even if that conflicts with management.

JP

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 20:27
TT, a Ďgroupí is not good enough, the masses need to hear it. What is going on?

Brummagem Bertie
26 October, 2017 20:33
MW, Sam Vesty telling the group at the open training event that the supporters are important is simply consistent with the message that comes out of most player interviews and a fair few of the coach interviews, particularly when a home game is on the horizon.

We often get these sentiments expressed, I hardly think it's Sam Vesty's place to talk to the body of supporters. If you're having a go at the Board, fair enough.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 20:39
Quote:
Master Warrior
TT, a Ďgroupí is not good enough, the masses need to hear it. What is going on?

So sorry, Best I can do is turn up when invited, appreciate some canít make it in the daytime, are you coming to the Gus McKay evening ion Tuesday? Thereíll be plenty of opportunities to get informed then I hope.

MESSAGES->author
26 October, 2017 20:44
Why isnít the Supporters Chair not updating us on the meeting to help enable us prepare for Tuesday.

Mushroom Troop describes it perfectly.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 06:22
There will be a post over the weekend.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

silver warrior
silver warrior (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 07:15
Might be the fact that the 'Chairman' is busy doing his FULL TIME job at this moment in time and when he gets a few minutes I'm sure he will post some information up.

MESSAGES->author
27 October, 2017 07:43
Quote:
silver warrior
Might be the fact that the 'Chairman' is busy doing his FULL TIME job at this moment in time and when he gets a few minutes I'm sure he will post some information up.

Blimey I thought everyone was retired on here except me! (Sm22)

MESSAGES->author
27 October, 2017 08:08
There are some who aren't... You me Silver Warrior, and WRSC Chair..

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 08:13
Me!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:07
The work issue had also occurred to me and I think is a fair point, it is also better that a statement is sent out in a considered manner rather than rushed through.
It would also not be unreasonable that BB would like to see what is to be put in a open forum before it goes out,if I were BB I would want that to make sure that I was not being misrepresented.
As I have said before we are going to have a lot of patience.

MESSAGES->author
27 October, 2017 10:12
Absolutely agree Rollo.

What I felt should have happened is that the chair/committee put out a short holding statement probably stating there was a friendly and constructive meeting held at ... A full report/satement will follow shortly, instead of saying nothing.

Especially how supporters are feeling at this stage of proceedings.

This weekend will a very interesting time.

JP

MESSAGES->author
27 October, 2017 10:22
Quote:
Faithful_City
Absolutely agree Rollo.
What I felt should have happened is that the chair/committee put out a short holding statement probably stating there was a friendly and constructive meeting held at ... A full report/satement will follow shortly, instead of saying nothing.

Especially how supporters are feeling at this stage of proceedings.

This weekend will a very interesting time.

JP

Agreed. A short holding statement isnt unreasonable and would take a couple of minutes.

jhmosso
Spa eaststander (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:16
I expect that any statement will need to be vetted by the club so that could cause a further delay.

MESSAGES->author
29 October, 2017 19:52
Any update available?

JP

Marley66
Marley66 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 22:41
Good evening all and many apologies for not posting sooner, as PE has suggested I've had a pretty hectic week and nearly had to cancel my meeting with BB and GM due to my work commitments.

The meeting did go ahead but due to a number of non-disclosure agreements they could not divulge any names or real tangible detail. It was agreed, however, that I could produce a summary of what was discussed. I hope to publish it on all of our social media sites and forums tomorrow to allow you time to gather your thoughts ahead of the Gus MacKay meeting on Tuesday.

Just a reminder that this is a voluntary post, not a job, that I accepted in the absence of any other nominations being received. Surprising given the amount of time some posters on this forum seen to have..........I look forward to meeting some of you on Tuesday night.

BL

WorcesterSauce
29 October, 2017 23:43
Quote:
Marley66

Just a reminder that this is a voluntary post, not a job, that I accepted in the absence of any other nominations being received. Surprising given the amount of time some posters on this forum seen to have..........I look forward to meeting some of you on Tuesday night.

BL

Good to hear an update is iminent and well done for organising the meeting, although sounds as though the club didnt give anything away.

Don't think you need to justify why you're doing the job - i assume you're doing it cause you want to and want to make a difference.... if you don't want to do it then don't, i certainly wouldnt blame you as it's a pretty difficult task at the moment given the state of the club. Not sure taking a dig at the fans is a wise thing for the chairman of the supporters club to do though... In fact it's pretty bizarre.

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 05:08
To be fair if you havent got time to do it then you shouldnt be expected to or do it.

Its been five days since the meeting and there is no feedback which is quite poor imho

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 07:00
I think it is quite insulting in fact WS.

I have done the role, in fact I set it up, whilst also carrying out a very demanding job. If I had to get information out to the members I would spend whatever time was necessary.

The role is not for the kudos of being the chairman of the Supporters club, it has responsibilities. Wether you are a volunteer or not.

To have a poke at Supporters on the only supporterís Forum is not helpful.

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 07:29
Marley66 sounds like an interesting, if not overly informational, meeting.

Thanks for the anticipated update - look forward to reading about what you discussed.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword
30 October, 2017 08:11
Thank you Supporters Club for all you do. Ignore all the negative comments from those who constantly look to find fault. I am sick of hearing them. I care about rugby in Worcester and I support my team, but I do not expect to be consulted or even informed by the Board.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 08:33
I too donít think criticism of Marley 66 is appropriate or helpful.

I expected a news blackout backed by reasons of confidentially, so am not surprised. I exoect more of the same Tuesday evening, but will still attend, listen, and contribute if it seems appropriate.

Until then, I remain in concerned customer mode.

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 08:34
It is not about constantly finding fault in anyway.

It was posted on here that OUR chairman had been invited to speak with the Club Chairman by the committee, was this just a ruse to stop supporters "discussing" the state of the club.

It was then stated by the chairman he would be posting up a report from the meeting to "his" membership over the weekend because he was too busy to do it before. But not too busy to go to the meeting obviously.

No report has been seen, instead the Chairman comes on here and has a sly poke at the time some of us spend on here as if that was a crime.

That sir is not leadership.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 09:00
I ignored the ďsly pokeĒ since I can see how frustrating it must be for Mr Chairman.

He has either been told little (and keep schtum) or nothing, but either way had nothing to report.

I agree it would have been better to say so earlier rather than later, but itís exactly what I expected so I remain in waiting mode until tomorrow evening, when I fully expect to be told little or nothing again.

Not that it will stop us trying to get some meaningful comment.

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 09:19
He must have something to report TT because he himself said he had not had enough time to post it up but would do so over the weekend.

Why would they announce they were meeting if they were not going to be told anything or to keep silent? If that was the case then it was a personal tea and cakes chat and not a representative meeting with the "Supporters" Chairman.

No effort was put into finding out what the supporters felt. It is no good saying it was too difficult. Send out email questionnaires, get the committee together to compile the returns, take them to the Club Chairman

The Chairman no matter how tough the job has to do the job he is there to do and that is to represent the "Supporters" views(which may not necessarily be his)

I know personally how tough it is when people are coming at you from all sides but that does not excuse you for not keeping the supporters informed.

If I had not started this thread nothing would have been done to gather how we felt and what we wanted

Quote:
Faithful City

A great opportunity.

What do you want our chairman to ask Bill Bolsover?

What do you want our chairman to tell Bill Bolsover?

JP

So yes I am very disappointed in the whole way it has been handled. It may upset some people than I am sorry for that but it is how I feel - pretty let down!

JP

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 09:22
It is not difficult to find out what the supporters feel you only have to read this forum, the Facebook and Twitter.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 09:35
JP, fully understand what you say, and indeed we are promised something to chew over before Tue evening.

I just didnít and still donít expect any bombshells, so Iím not surprised, and never expected the supportersí club to be a route of meaningful information to ďmembersĒ at all on issues of club ownership.

I use the ďmembersĒ since Iíve never felt like a member...I didnít sign up to join anything, I just bought a season ticket.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 09:35
Well, two things I think we have learned:-

1) We are still going to have to be patient for a good while yet

2) Non disclosure arrangements, in the plural, mean that something is "up".

Given that perhaps conflicting bids are having to be discussed and the detail examined - maybe also due diligence - the likelihood is that this is all going to take a few weeks to resolve.

The issue of the future ownership of the club will be the elephant in the room tomorrow night. The gestation period for elephants is very nearly 2 years, Google tells me. I hope that we don't have to wait that long!

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 11:09
Quote:
Faithful_City
Why isnít the Supporters Chair not updating us on the meeting to help enable us prepare for Tuesday.
Mushroom Troop describes it perfectly.

JP

JP You've just returned from A Mushroom Troop reunion can you not up date us?

By the way was in B Troop 73-74 along side Tropo Troop. strange bunch them NATO Lads!

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 11:10
PE a good point but I don't fully agree, you will get the feelings of the 20 or so people that post on here who's option is often derided as negative or the 1 or 2 that post on FB/Twitter.

There are almost 4,000 members of the Supporters Club.

JP

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 11:17
Quite happy to update you WW on our reunion which is far far and away from a mushroom troop. Mike Troop was always fully informed because I made sure I did my job properly.

However not sure anyone here is a member or past member of the Troop and would probably find it utterly boring.

So just for you WW here is the link for you to look over the images and read what happened.

Mike Troop Reunion

JP

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 11:19
You may even wish to visit

Don't work sorry

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2017 11:20 by Faithful_City.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword
30 October, 2017 11:25
There seems to be some confusion about the relationship between supporters and members. My husband is a member of WRFC. This gives him certain rights and privileges including voting rights in return for a membership fee. He pays a small fee to watch a match.
We are also members of the Friends of Welsh National Opera. In return for a subscription we are able to take advantage of talks and visits. Completely separate from our membership is our support of WNO which takes the form of buying tickets for performances. Occasionally, we have been invited to attend a forum about productions. We do not expect to be privy to the artistic or financial activities of the Board, even though there have been times when the artistic policy has been disastrous and the ticket prices rather high! WNO has hundreds of loyal supporters who care very much about the health of the company and whose support is essential to its existence.

It seems to me that supporting a professional rugby club has more in common with WNO than with membership of an amateur club. We have a Warriors Supporters Club which, like the Friends, organises talks, trips and socials. It is not represented on the Board. As in a theatre, we pay for our seats at matches to be entertained or disappointed. Why do we expect to be privy to the discussions of the Board and criticise the volunteers who offer the opportunity to make supporting easier or more enjoyable? We are not members of Worcester Warriors, we are its supporters.

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 11:31
We are its lifeblood not just its supporters.

We travel 1,000's miles at our own expense to support them, because we feel part of the club and wish to help tham win their games.

We invest financially and emotionally massively into the Warriors.

The Club advertise as a bonus that buying a season ticket makes you a member of the Official Supporters Club to help them sell more season tickets

So yes I fully expect communications from the club and the supporters club.

JP

silver warrior
silver warrior (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 11:55
Quote:
The Club advertise as a bonus that buying a season ticket makes you a member of the Official Supporters Club to help them sell more season tickets

Really doubt that this makes any difference to selling more season tickets. Still some season ticket holders are unaware they are members as they don't read the information received.

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 12:12
maybe SW but that is what it is used for to make St's look more cost effective.

Remember WWSC fees used to be £15pa that is now saved if you buy a season ticket.

How many none season ticket holders have become members of the Supporters Club?

JP

jeeves
jeeves (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 12:55
I think there is a statement in the Chairman's comments some have missed.

'in the absence of any other nominations being received'

Imagine if Worcester Warriors Supporters Club couldn't even elect a Chairman, what would that say about the club and what message would it send to players, the board, and other clubs?

I am grateful that someone stood up despite working full time.

I take it, if we held another set of elections, the supporters being critical about our current Chairman would throw their hats in the ring and offer to take on the role?

MESSAGES->author
30 October, 2017 12:58
Served my time in the role.

JP

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:39
Quote:
FC No report has been seen, instead the Chairman comes on here and has a sly poke at the time some of us spend on here as if that was a crime.
That sir is not leadership.

Give me strength - what has leadership got to do with being Chairman of a Supporters club?!! (Sm31)

I'm with TPIMTTS on this (Sm152)

just got into rugby
30 October, 2017 13:40
Quote:
FC 1 or 2 that post on FB/Twitter.

Really??

jhmosso
Spa eaststander (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:42
If you donít use social media then you are unlikely to know about the supporters club, let alone become a committee member. Itís very low profile,which suits the club.

Brummagem Bertie
01 November, 2017 17:00
JP, I have a lot of respect and admiration for what you did when you set up the Supporters' Club and this Board.

I think your criticism of Bob Low, however, is unfair, unreasonable, totally uncalled for and out of order.

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 19:09
That is your opinion B.B., which is fine.

I on the other hand do not agree with you. My criticism of the chairman was tough but fair and was definitely not out of order. I only stated what I believed should have happened.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 19:53 by Faithful_City.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 19:25
Quote:
Faithful_City
That is your opinion B.B., which is fine.
I on the other hand do not agree with you. My criticism of the chairman was tough but fair and was definitely out of order. I only stated what I believed should have happened.

JP

So you agree with BB? Very good of you to acknowledge that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 19:25 by usa warrior.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 19:38
The devil is in the detail!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 08:40
Whilst I appreciate JP's point of view, I found its delivery a little distasteful. As a volunteer myself, criticism doesn't hold well with me. Fair enough if it's your paid job.
However, although I wasn't there to witness it, I must acknowledge that JP did an outstanding job when he ran things, and I'm sure there's no reason why we all couldn't afford the same time and effort he put in. (Can't add in the correct emoji on my phone, you all know the one I'm thinking of)

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 13:24
I can't help feeling that the posts on this thread tell a rather sad and sorry tale of people with a great deal of emotional energy invested in WW, who spend their time following the team in real and virtual worlds but who fail to grasp that they are actually of only limited importance to the club as a business.We are not "its very lifeblood" - that's the TV money and the rfu; this is not a members organisation any more - we are as TPIMTTS says like those who go to watch ENO and no more than that.

I don't denigrate JP's contribution, but taking a pop at someone for failing to produce a minute of a meeting at which not much was discussed is uncalled for. What if he had rushed it out as " Saw BB; couldn't say too much and what he did say was blindingly obvious to anyone who follows what is happening. Then we had a beer" - cries out outrage would abound. But that's basically what happened ( possibly minus the beer, non-alcoholic drinks are available.)

We have all done things in organisations which are voluntary; in most cases we will have thought better of it because of the time it takes and the complete absence of thanks. Too often the feedback comes from those ( and I exclude JP from this) who did not and would not get involved. Is Leadership really a requirement for that role? Really?

MESSAGES->author
02 November, 2017 14:42
Its good we can say what we feel on the forum and not take umbrage. I take on board what is being said and squarely on the chin.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 15:08
I donít feel sad or sorry.

Neither do I have any illusions about my importance to the club ( or to anyone else for that matter), despite Sam Vesty telling me and a few dozen others how vitally important we all are.

Sometimes I think people take it all much too seriously, as does SW in the post above.

I endorse JPís comment above.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 15:58
We may not be the lifeblood but the lack of supporters at games has cost the club 200k per game, had the ground been full. Without the fans there is no club, unless you have a very sweet sugar daddy of course.

WorcesterSauce
02 November, 2017 18:21
When it all comes down to it we are the life blood.

If there was no fans then you can forget your TV deal, forget your multi millionaire investers, forget your rfu funding and forget all your premiership rugby. If 0 fans watched worcester warriors, the club wouldnt exist. We are most definitely the most important thing to the club.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 22:27
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
When it all comes down to it we are the life blood.
If there was no fans then you can forget your TV deal, forget your multi millionaire investers, forget your rfu funding and forget all your premiership rugby. If 0 fans watched worcester warriors, the club wouldnt exist. We are most definitely the most important thing to the club.
Emphatically agree!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 08:29
There cannot be a business without customers.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 08:43
Well, obviously.

But SWís ďsad and sorry ď jibe is at this thread in particular, and by implication, this board more generally.

That I take mild exception to, and if he truly feels so scornful about what is discussed here I wonder why he bothers reading or contributing?.

The club has recognised this community by responding to criticism voiced here by holding the 2 recent events available to ALL season ticket holders, an estimated 200 or so turning up for the Q&A evening.

This board is a decent sample of ST opinion and issues, and the value of monitoring your customersí attitudes via focus groups is well established.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 08:51
From all that we've heard, does it all add up that Greg throws his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get his own way?

As such, are all major decisions made by Greg only, hence it may have well been a meeting with the cleaner and car park attendant?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 09:08
All final decisions are Gregs - he is the owner and will determine who to sell to.

Your analogy is probably slightly derogatory in that BB, and the board, will certainly have a significant influence over Greg and are our only conduit to Greg's thoughts on the process.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 09:22
My spies tell me that all aspects of selling the club are dealt with by Greg Allen and Bill Bolsover. Nobody else is involved.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 10:26
Just asking a question. You did answer one point though, all "major" decisions are made by Greg.

I've tried to google Greg, nothing really comes up of note. No picture on the website, or google images for that matter. Has anyone on this board ever actually met him? Or seen him that you know of? If I bumped into him tonight, would I have any idea who he is?

I even looked at the websites of the companies he's director of. Nothing. One is a blank page (TPA), the former name being Capitis Consulting Limited (as good as nothing on the site).

The sum total of 10 minutes on google has told me he is 31 years old the holds various directorships, many of which tell me nothing at all.

A couple of sources have mentioned "personality clashes", especially in relation to EG. I fear for the Warriors if all of the "major" decisions lie with a guy who comes up pretty blank on google, and falls out with potential buyers.

Bill might be advising him, although some at the meeting suggest body language that says the advice isn't really listened to.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 10:27
Quote:
usa warrior
All final decisions are Gregs - he is the owner and will determine who to sell to.
Your analogy is probably slightly derogatory in that BB, and the board, will certainly have a significant influence over Greg and are our only conduit to Greg's thoughts on the process.

Iíd like to question the significance level of the significant influence though usa. I thought I detected a degree of frustration from both BB & GMcK, which indicated to me that their influence was by no means as significant as they would like.

As to them being the only conduit, whatever happened to Guerrier?

just got into rugby
03 November, 2017 10:52
IIRC Greg was at the Meet DR evening that was held in the training centre 4ish years ago?!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 10:59
2ish years before becoming a director, if the website I looked at is correct. I think he came on board in November 2015.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 11:22
Quote:
TeflonTed

Iíd like to question the significance level of the significant influence though usa. I thought I detected a degree of frustration from both BB & GMcK, which indicated to me that their influence was by no means as significant as they would like.

As to them being the only conduit, whatever happened to Guerrier?

I agree re the potential frustration. How much influence? Not a lot based on some of the things they mentioned, but hopefully enough to see the club transitions to safe hands.

Guerrier, are you out there??

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 12:18
Quote:
Fiver
Just asking a question. You did answer one point though, all "major" decisions are made by Greg.
I've tried to google Greg, nothing really comes up of note. No picture on the website, or google images for that matter. Has anyone on this board ever actually met him? Or seen him that you know of? If I bumped into him tonight, would I have any idea who he is?

I even looked at the websites of the companies he's director of. Nothing. One is a blank page (TPA), the former name being Capitis Consulting Limited (as good as nothing on the site).

The sum total of 10 minutes on google has told me he is 31 years old the holds various directorships, many of which tell me nothing at all.

A couple of sources have mentioned "personality clashes", especially in relation to EG. I fear for the Warriors if all of the "major" decisions lie with a guy who comes up pretty blank on google, and falls out with potential buyers.

Bill might be advising him, although some at the meeting suggest body language that says the advice isn't really listened to.

[www.linkedin.com]

His LinkedIn profile. Used to have a picture but it's gone now.

MESSAGES->author
Drutz (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 12:24
Quote:
Fiver
Has anyone on this board ever actually met him? Or seen him that you know of? If I bumped into him tonight, would I have any idea who he is?

I have met him a couple times Fiver, last time was the official opening of the WRFC Clubhouse as he was an invited guest by the WRFC committee.

Chatted to him for quite a while shared a couple of beers and spoke about rugby. He seemed a nice guy, committed and passionate then but we had both had a half or two by then.

Pulling the boots on for one more year

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 12:45
Don't doubt that he is still passionate about the club and can't argue the amount of money that he's put in - how many other clubs have absolutely no debt.

I'm hoping that that this passion translates into a good choice of new owner.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 16:10
Quote:
usa warrior
Don't doubt that he is still passionate about the club and can't argue the amount of money that he's put in - how many other clubs have absolutely no debt.

I'm getting a little fed up of these comments. I wouldn't be, but he's not giving the club away for free. He wants his money back, or at least as much of it as possible. Given his various job titles, the word investment crops up a lot. I would assume the each penny spent on the club's infrastructure was not done as a gift.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:28
No one puts money into rugby clubs as an investment...

MESSAGES->author
03 November, 2017 22:30
The Allenís have.

Spent £20million and sell for £26million in 2 years. Now I call that a good investment.

JP

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:44
Who financed the club losses over that period FC?

MESSAGES->author
03 November, 2017 22:45
The Allenís £20million.

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:46
At the JOT meeting earlier this year we were told that £40million had been spent in the first three years. . Add a further £10m for this year makes £50m

So I make that a bad investment.

Am I wrong ?

The Allens have been more than generous. They deserve respect.

MESSAGES->author
03 November, 2017 22:48
We will see.

Brummagem Bertie
04 November, 2017 00:49
Quote:
Villages12
At the JOT meeting earlier this year we were told that £40million had been spent in the first three years. . Add a further £10m for this year makes £50m
So I make that a bad investment.

Am I wrong ?

The Allens have been more than generous. They deserve respect.

Yes, you are wrong. What the club has spent and what the Allens have invested is not the same. The club has many other sources of income, which all goes into the expenditure pot.

MESSAGES->author
04 November, 2017 07:14
Quote:
Patgadd
My spies tell me that all aspects of selling the club are dealt with by Greg Allen and Bill Bolsover. Nobody else is involved.

My pet spy says similar

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 20:26
Why would the Allen's buy out wrfc if they knew they were going to sell? Smell the coffee, it's called an investment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net