rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Open Applications For DoR
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 09:24
Full Article

Looks like they have not found the right man.

Good luck to them recruiting a top guy to a club who's future is extremely doubtful.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 09:26 by Faithful_City.

Blue&GoldWarrior
Re: Open Applications For DoR
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 09:49
Might just be me but how often do you see a club openly advertising these sort of roles??
Screams of desperation to me and makes me extremely worried! Didn't BB say that they had been looking before news of GG leaving broke? So in the what 3/4 months of the season nobody worth wile has come forward.

I've supported this club for over 20 years now and grown up with them as the club have grown. I have never been so nervous about what could happen to this club!!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 09:53
A shambles does not even begin to describe it.

WarriorsBB
WarriorsBB (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:16
Dear Bill,

I see you have opened applications for the position of Director of Rugby. I believe you need look no further than the collective experience of the members of the Worcester Warriors fan forum. Between all of us we have "overseen" countless rugby teams from various angles at Sixways, from Academy to International level (remember Canada a few years back?). Some of us have even been to Twickenham. We've been through trying times and regularly scour youtube for players that will bring Warriors the success you're looking for (we feel we could even get Dylan back).

Anyway, let me know.

Cheers,

BB

Hill Warrior
Hill Warrior (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:20
Totally dumbfounded and Pi$$ed off by this .
Why does it make me feel the lunatics are running the asylum here
Screams of desperation and what DOR would want to work in this environment .
To be told you have a job then it might only be for the short term so you' can't plan it a Total shambles
Please Mr Allen sell the club asap and let the new owners choose a new DOR ( not a part time puppet) for the short term basis
I could go on by I'm so angry at this news
And what players would want to play here as well ?????
Spiralling to the championship

HW

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:24
TRP regularly carries adverts for head coaches/DoR etc.........

For level 4/5/6 clubs,

Strange news this, canít wait for Tue evening!

yellow450
Yeller (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:27
Rag @#$%& Rovers

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:38
Second thought....as well as putting it in the offie, (I can well imagine how many potential Dís O R read the Wuss offie with their morning papers) they should be strongly advised to put a card in the newsagents window in Warndon Villages, AND The Toller just to ensure full international reach.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:42
Or with an application only open for two weeks, you could see it as Warriors having 2-3 candidates to interview already, but want to throw it open now to see if anyone else is interested, before they make a selection.

Although, not sure why they wouldn't normally have an advert open for a 4 weeks + for a better chance of finding someone.

Mind, Gold only announced he was leaving in early October, and surely you wouldn't put an ad out for only two weeks, if you had no suitable applicants already.

MESSAGES->author
27 October, 2017 10:45
Hogg??

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:57
I expect the one for international fly half will come out next week.

Tony Warrior
Tony Warrior (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:02
Missed a trick here, Worcester Snooze hasn't picked up on the story yet!

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:03
Whilst there probably isn't any specific legal requirement to advertise a job vacancy, I suspect it may be standard HR belt-and-braces procedure to pre-empt any discrimination nonsense?

MESSAGES->author
27 October, 2017 11:06
Especially if it is an internal promotion/appointment.

Hogg??

JP

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:29
The rugby world is quite a small one and the vacancy caused by Gold's announced departure will have been widely known. Anyone interested would have had an opportunity to take private soundings a while ago.

I don't take the view that the club is such a basket case that no one would have been interested. It might represent a considerable challenge to somebody with ambition to take on the club and take it to the heights set down in the advert. There are those who would relish such a challenge - especially if it was backed up with money commitments.

I'm therefore inclined to think that Abberley is on the right lines.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:01
England had an open recruitment policy after Johnston left the role this is no different. I do not see it as desperate at all, I would encourage the club to talk to as many people as possible. Who knows who we may find interested in the role.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:14
We'll said West Brom,
I can only talk about the private industrial/commercial sector.
Even if you have a person in mind, who is going to get the job, you have to advertise it.
Don't believe the cock up is the advert, to me it's the time taken to place it.
I would have preferred to see this placed as soon as GG made it clear he was not staying.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:21
I see this as nothing but a clumsy way of the club telling the world that they are looking for NEW DoR and not someone already at the club, in either a permanent or temporary role.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:40
You maybe right, but if that's the case nearly every company on the UK Stock Exchange and no doubt USA & rest of Europe, are also clumsy, as that's what happens these days.
The old boy network of a nod and a wink are gone in the commercial world.
In the rugby world I think it's gone as well. When England appointed Jones, when Edinburgh appointed a Cockeral they were advertised.
I don't know about all the other more resent appointments.

I am not saying it's right and unless we had clear successions planning, it may not mean a candidate already inside Warriors would not be considered.
As said, it's good practise in industry/commerce to always advertise and look outside, even if you are just benchmarking talent.
Thus I can't see the harm in doing it in rugby as well.

rossi
Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:41
Elite sports organisations regularly post public adverts on their websites for high level jobs. I wouldn't read too much in to it. The most recent one that springs to mind was the Belgian FA advertising for a new manager before hiring Roberto Martinez. I've seen the same happen at various premier league clubs etc.

There's no point getting hysterical about it. This site is almost as bad as the Supporters Facebook page sometimes.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 13:30
If a rugby club in one of the top leagues in the world needs to advertise for their DOR via a job advert, then Iím really confused. Is someone like Cockerill going to see this and email in his CV and CL? Surely that would be done through contacts/telephone. Thatís certainly how itís done in my business at that level.

Iíve said it before, why would anyone of any quality join a club when he doesnít know what league we will be in, who will own the club, what their investment and vision will be, and given they would likely become the next in a long line of failures. It used to be a good opportunity and challenge, now it would be a desperate move for someone.

MESSAGES->author
27 October, 2017 13:35
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

I will just leave that there

rossi
Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 13:47
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/9032459/The-RFU-are-looking-for-a-new-England-national-team-coach-heres-how-to-apply....html

I will just leave that there

Exactly thank you! This happens throughout elite sports. Anyone who is arguing the it means something negative is simply incorrect.

I'm not saying there's nothing wrong at the club, because there definitely is things wrong. But this job advert means nothing

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:05
Maybe Hogg has already suggested he is off at the end of the season. He might have an RFU role in the offing? He may also be one of a handful of applicants.

Oh and donít be fooled that weíre a DOR magnet either. Count how many weíve had since we arrived in the Prem and then tell me who has gone on to better things after the club has Ďspat them outí.

We are a death knell to aspiring Coaches and DORís and a pension fund to ones at the end of their careers. We need an advert.

Whispering_Death
27 October, 2017 14:25
I wonder how many top DORs applied to the England job by seeing that ad. Ií canít see Eddie Jones drawing up a CV and CL, and in my view he shouldnít have to. They may however have found some some quality people for more junior roles through this ad, which may well have been the main objective.

Bushi
Bushi (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:41
This is a bit contentious and certainly not popular, but I wonder if the 'Short Term' Stand in role for Alan Solomons could actually be a trial? Maybe in a couple of months we hear the announcement 'Following the successful short term cover for Gary Gold, we're pleased to announce............."

I truly hope not as I think we need a younger DOR with modern outlook, but lets face it nothing would surprise us anymore

Whispering_Death
27 October, 2017 16:05
We wonít attract anyone much better than Solomans. I wouldnít be surprised if Hogg stepped up and brought in a head coach or forwards coach under him.

MESSAGES->author
27 October, 2017 16:06
Perhaps in the case of Hogg the club have said he has had a chance before was pretty poor so letís see what else is out there.

While I doubt any top rated DOR would send in a CV all will have agents who can no doubt make contact with the club if their client wishes to say they are open to a conversation about the role.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 17:42
Who would say that Hogg has even been a good Head Coach, this is his forth or is it fifth year in the job, that is consistency and we still have the same problems of accuracy etc.,

MESSAGES->author
Grasshopper (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 20:15
Totally agree, Rollo...

Whispering_Death
27 October, 2017 20:42
For the avoidance of doubt I donít want him to be DOR, but I do believe we will have limited options which brings him into play.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 08:41
I wonder when we will be advertising for Paddy Anson's replacement?
Ryan, Johnson, Anson ( and the chap who he replaced ) GG , J O'T, we must be a recruitment agencies dream.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 09:37
Surely a new owner would want to choose their own DOR?

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 10:38
Quote:
knightstemplar
Surely a new owner would want to choose their own DOR?

Perhaps thatís tied in with the closing date of the 10th

MESSAGES->author
Skipper (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 11:33
Personally the only coach I would keep is Meffin. When we have had issues in the scrum he has very quickly rectified them. My view on a DOR is if there are not suitable candidates I would rather wait until the right person is available.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 12:52
Quote:
Skipper
Personally the only coach I would keep is Meffin. When we have had issues in the scrum he has very quickly rectified them. My view on a DOR is if there are not suitable candidates I would rather wait until the right person is available.

As we used to say in the valleys, ď thereís only one f in MefinĒ. And he is that good.

Give him 2 and weíd have to pronounce it as MeFin, instead of the correct MeVin.

Funny old thing, Welsh.

Whispering_Death
28 October, 2017 13:03
I think vesty showed what he could do towards the end of last season once he had our top players lining up consistently. We were the fourth top try scorers in the backs I think I read.

MESSAGES->author
Skipper (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 13:05
It was a quick correction whilst making a pit stop at Oxford services, originally it came up Mefgin, I assume my fat finger managed to get two buttons at once.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 18:12
Quote:
Skipper
It was a quick correction whilst making a pit stop at Oxford services, originally it came up Mefgin, I assume my fat finger managed to get two buttons at once.

You are of course excused! I was bored sitting in the car waiting for herself to emerge from a retail establishment.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 15:38
Cardiff Blues shortlist 3 to replace Danny Wilson.

I wonder if Mr Wilson or any of the Blues' candidates have applied to us? Clearly, there are potential candidates out there,

Quote:
There were 28 applicants to replace Danny Wilson, including a number of former international coaches.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 15:50
Guaranteed Champions Cup rugby every year, or Worcester Warriors?

Tough choice(Sm147)

I have no information to the contary, but i doubt we have had 28 Applications purely based on the above.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 15:54
FF, Blues are in the Challenge Cup this year and are currently well short of qualifying for Champions Cup next season.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 16:08
...in that case, very similar to our predicament. Correction acknowledged(Sm145)

Mr Bolsolver assures us that he has been "amazed" at the quality of applications we have received. That Applicants regard us as "sleeping giants".

Well the last time i looked, we were based just outside Worcester and not Lilliput, and all the current 'vital signs' of the club seem to indicate that the club not sleeping, but on life support, awaiting a decision by the Board. Could easily borrow lines from the Parrot sketch by Monty Python.....

I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 19:08
Make no mistake there is enormous potential for a DoR to make himself a name in the game, at one time I thought that it was DR but it turned out to be a false dawn.
Who that can be I don't know, but there will be someone out there. We are due a bit of good fortune.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 14:56
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

BB seems to be inviting Solomans to apply(Sm147) as well as intimating that the 'love in' with EG was not quite as cosy as made out at the time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net