rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Solomons must go
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:26
,,, thought I'd get in early

MESSAGES->author
Re: Solomons must go
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:43
Why? If we had a kicker with the more physical play we would have won that

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:15
... guess I got in too early.

SOLOMONS MUST STAY.

ah how fickle.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 21:35
Just back from the pub and a very interesting conversation about our man Solomon.
From previous posts you may gather that I am not his greatest fan.
However tonight was told that he has already injected a further degree of professionalism into how the club functions, in the same way that BB, EG & GG did.
Apparently he is a very straight talking, knowledgeable guy.
Was told we were very lucky to have him, but he is on a very short term contract thus not in contention for the DOR job.
It was his idea to put the advert out, to conform that they are actively looking & willing to consider those outwith the club. Apparently often everybody assumes that the job has already been filled with someone who has already been tapped up but can't be announced until February.

Has it changed my view of him?
I don't know as it was all 2nd or even 3rd hand, but what he says made sense.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 21:46
Well, not sure how much can attributed to Solomon’s, BUT we deployed a very different set of tactics today than other game this year. We also, arguably, saw the best 60 min of rugby this season.

IMO the main issue with the other 20 was a tactical error from whomever took Lance out of the first receiver position. Up til that point he was running the show. We shifted him back towards the end of the game and look what happened.

If Solomon’s was a part of this then well done that man!

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 22:17
If that was tactical whoever made it should be sacked. Lance was running the show and Olivier having a good game. Perhaps we needed to get our Scottish numbers up.

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 00:36
Olivier had a problem with a tight hamsring according to the press conference. Hope it is not too bad and we were wise to sub him without him doing any worse damage! He will be key for the next block of Prem games!!

Whispering_Death
29 October, 2017 06:39
Personally I would have left Lance where he is and brought Hammond into the centres. He showed what a difference having a class act at ten makes to your attack.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 06:59
Not sure Hammond could have made the impact he did from Centre, but messing with Lance appeared to be an error.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 11:18
BrumBrum,

Think WEN article with Olivier talked about Solomans bringing a “direct” but “refreshing” approach to training.

Unfortunately we heard this only in Feb about Gold. Is it me, or do the players seem to get bored or jaded quickly with Warrior coaches?

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 13:23
Or is it he coaches get bored and jaded quickly with the players?

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 15:30
Both could be true.
Or even the every person will say areas that need to be improved.
Often those that have been at an organisation for sometime, doing the same role, are that close to action they can't see the wood for the trees.
A fresh pair of eyes sees, what to him is obvious, but for some reason everybody else missed.
I actually think the DOR Job Advert was one of these obvious oversights. But many thought it just plain stupid.

I don't want him long term but I think he could be an asset moving Warriors forward.

bcukev
bcukev (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 09:09
What Saturday demonstrated is whatever money the owners or new owners have, we need to attract a 10 that can kick goals. Until we have a quality backline that regularly finish off chances, our best option to maintain in this league is a kicking game to apply pressure and then pick off penalties when they come. Once our league position is cemented we can then start to attract more flair players. Not rocket science, it's the same blue print Exeter and Saracens used to get where they are now!

Whispering_Death
31 October, 2017 09:21
We need a ten and a kicker. They don’t have to be one of the same. But totally agree, perfectly illustrated the difference a quality ten makes (Mills makes a similar difference) and the importance of a kicker. Three points lost not two won.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 10:30
We don't need a ten... we need a kicker... they do not have to be one in the same.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 11:30
We do need a 10, Lance is off back to Oz at Christmas. Mills is mainly broken and Tom is either concussed or feeling his way back into a game before he gets concussed again.

Oh, and we also need at least one kicker, probably a spare as all players seem to get broken on a regular basis these days.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 11:48
Will Lance still be with us for the Oirish game on the 23rd?
Guess if he going back to Oz after it'll take him rest of that day plus Xmas Eve to get back! Be asleep Xmas day because of jetlag!
With the way we are starting to play plus said player with Arr or possibly FH AND being at home I fancy 5 points.
I'm ready for disappointment!

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 12:59
Failing to beat LI will make the rest of the season very hard for us

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 13:14
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

Irish game is on Friday 22nd Dec w4.

Hope that doesnt spell early disappointment for you !

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 13:29
Kicking for territory and kicking the points also requires a very good defence to be effective.

It's alright to say follow Saracens blueprint but they spent a lot of money bringing in players to get where they are now and Exeter have signed a lot more stars than what we have too.

We do need a good kicker but there are still other areas we could improve and tbh if you score six tries and lose then kicking is the only thing that needs improvement.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 14:18
Quote:
Latecomer
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

Irish game is on Friday 22nd Dec w4.

Hope that doesnt spell early disappointment for you !
Ah,22nd! Hoping he's with us then!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net