rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Latecomer
Get well soon Bradders !!
Latecomer (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:01
I'm not normally one to criticise someone trying to do what is a tough job, but I had to listen the game today on H&W Radio.
Won't be cruel and name and shame but at least one of the commentators on duty today really was way out of their depth.
Get well soon Bradders ................

usa warrior
Re: Get well soon Bradders !!
usa warrior (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 20:50
Is he unwell? Did the PA bit on Monday night.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 21:10
Writing in his column in today's Worcester News he tells readers that on Monday he is starting radiotherapy treatment for prostate cancer.

The tone is optimistic and philosophical and I am sure that we all on this board send our best wishes to him and also to his wife who he reveals as well is facing a major brain operation in November.

His penultimate paragraph is, I believe, typical. It reads:-

"But there are many who are far worse off than we are, and we are convinced that this time next year we will be in the qualifying squad for the Olympics".

It rather puts our blatherings about rugby into context.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 21:23
Ahhh, poor chap.

Get well soon Bradders and Mrs Bradders.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 21:25
Wow, hadnít heard all of this stuff about Dave and his wife. Yes others are dealing with similar and worse, but although I donít do H&W, if heís half as entertaining for listeners as he is at Sixways and on match day comms, itís going through be a big miss for all concerned. Best wishes.

MESSAGES->author
IanRed (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 21:32
A true leg-end.

Best wishes to both.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 21:57
One more voice of support and best wishes.

Not just a talented broadcaster, but a thoroughly nice bloke.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 22:11
Quote:
TeflonTed
Not just a talented broadcaster, but a thoroughly nice bloke.

Agreed; best of luck to them both. Quite apart from wishing him and his wife well for obvious reasons, I would add this:
Bradders has occasionally been accused of mispronouncing players' names; well, if he has, he goes to great lengths to get it right. Carson Wishart, by contrast, doesn't seem the slightest bit interested in the correct pronunciation - he probably holds the record for the number of ways in saying Josh Drauninu's name, all of them wrong. He was at it again today with Joe Taufete'e, or Joe Tautefe as he called him on every occasion. For all sorts of reasons, get well soon, Bradders.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 22:24
Have to admit I didn't know the reason behind Bradders absence from the commentary team today when I started this thread.
I do feel suitably humbled now I'm aware of Mr & Mrs B's problems.
It sure does put all our moans and groans on here into perspective !
Best wishes to you and your wife Dave.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 23:04
Enjoy listening to you Dave for the Warriors whether it be on A-League Monday,match day or radio for both the rugby and cricket.
You are simply a funny guy and say it how it is whatever the subject.
Warriors' woes are nothing compared to what you and your family are going through.Cancer touches us all,good luck and speedy recovery for both operations.
I look forward to your return.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 07:20
Good luck bradders for a full and speedy recovery

Devonianwarrior
Devonianwarrior (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 07:27
Best Wishes Bradders. Top bloke and a very funny man.

MESSAGES->author
Grasshopper (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:11
Hope all goes well & best wishes to both of you for speedy recoveries.

MFTS
MFTS (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:30
Get well soon both thinking of you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net