rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Meeting with Gus
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 07:56
Frustratingly I cant make this with working away would someone going be kind enough to post up a precis of what was conveyed ? (judging by non disclosures probably not a great deal!)

Thanks

MESSAGES->author
Re: Meeting with Gus
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 08:49
Whatever is said at the meeting will very quickly get into the public domain, no matter what the club ask for. Which means the more interesting points will be those questions which are swerved.

JP

MESSAGES->author
31 October, 2017 08:53
The SRFU investment sounds like its being swerved!

bcukev
bcukev (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 09:04
I'm not sure what new info he will be able to add on top of what was discussed at the meeting with him and Bill Bolsover?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 09:05
Very little I suspect. Can't imagine much has changed since last week.

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 10:26
I'm beginning to have my doubts about this meeting. There has, to my knowledge, been no request for questions or agenda points.

If this is just a re-statement of the Chairman / Chairman meeting then it's not going to help much.

Club has just called me to make sure that I'm attending ? Does that mean numbers are low ?

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 10:37
I would've liked to have gone, but as it's Halloween I'll be looking after my daughter. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

MESSAGES->author
31 October, 2017 10:45
I imagine it will be just re-stated what has already been stated!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 10:58
Rest easy, ladies and gents. Thereíll be plenty of comment coming your way later Iím sure.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 11:29
Quote:
Villages12

Club has just called me to make sure that I'm attending ? Does that mean numbers are low ?

Yes, I've just had a phone call reminder as well - but I also had one for the training session. So it might be the new routine although it must be quite a chore to split up the attendance list let alone make 200 (?) phone calls between them.

Communication at one level is certainly working - I've had umpteen e-mails about the fireworks as I imagine we've all had. And of course as a traditionalist I don't recognise this Halloween stuff. It's all new fangled and American.

PS: That last bit was very much tongue in cheek of course. I've already lost the argument with at least one granddaughter!

And of course Halloween was probably an English custom well before 1605 and taken over the Atlantic with the early settlers a little like the word "fall". This was an English usage for the season between summer and winter before it was overtaken by the word "autumn", an invader from across La Manche!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2017 11:36 by A38.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 13:52
With apologies to Martin Luther King:

I have a dream

I have a dream that after tonight we will all know a lot more about what's going on
I have a dream that our new owners will be passionate about rugby and about Worcester
I have a dream that our new DOR will take us to the heights
I have a dream that all our first team players will sign new three-year contracts
I have a dream that an international 10 will come knocking at our door.
I have a dream.

I really ought to be more careful with those late night snacks!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 14:19
Quote:
Patgadd
With apologies to Martin Luther King:

I have a dream

I have a dream that after tonight we will all know a lot more about what's going on
I have a dream that our new owners will be passionate about rugby and about Worcester
I have a dream that our new DOR will take us to the heights
I have a dream that all our first team players will sign new three-year contracts
I have a dream that an international 10 will come knocking at our door.
I have a dream.

I really ought to be more careful with those late night snacks!
Ha Ha! Cheered me up!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net