rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
An Evening with Gus McKay........
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 20:58
or more an evening with Bill Bolsover.......

Seriously though, all good motivating stuff.

First takes:-

Recruitment is a real issue, it isn’t lack of cash, they don’t want to come.

Friday nights is purely about perceived advantage over opponents who find it inconvenient to travel. Gus would rather have the site available for gigs.

Greg Allen has really really had enough, he’s put loads of money in, still wants the best for the club, but that’s the end of it.

A hotel in a new north stand is not the answer, it’s an option that would cost £s many, and earn not enough to pay back investment in the short term.

Spectator experience.....”it’s only a potato” ( comment re the cost @ £2.50 of a tray of chips)..

My curry is ready now, I’ll leave the more serious comments to those more seriously inclined.

usa warrior
Re: An Evening with Gus McKay........
usa warrior (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:02
Think the chips and price of a programme were the most hotly debated items...

Left with mixed feelings if I’m honest. No real answers at all because there aren’t any to be had at the moment and the three panellists seemed just as frustrated as we were.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:31
Who were the panelist’s?

Hill Warrior
Hill Warrior (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:34
There's a surprise no real answers and recruiting is a problem!!!!
Not rocket science is it
All good sound bites but we are a rudderless ship and the captain has had enough

HW

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:39
Quote:
Hill Warrior
Not rocket science is it
All good sound bites but we are a rudderless ship and the captain has had enough

HW

You’ve got it, without even being there.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:40
ps.....
It was a free bar, for which many thanks.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:42
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
Hill Warrior
Not rocket science is it

HW

Sounds like a nightmare

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:48
No, seriously, it was well worth going.

There’s no doubting the sincerity of the major players, Bill Bolsover is a very impressive speaker, and was very open in describing how we got to where we are, and Gus McKay is clearly a bright bloke who knows what we’re up against .

Hoggy is up against it, time after time we came round to to simple fact that if we were winning games a lot of the other stuff goes away.

Bigger crowds, more gate and service revenue, easier recruitment. His frustration is easy to see.

How to break the cycle? Dunno, but my Chickn Naga is fine.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:56
Quote:
FlipFlop
Who were the panelist’s?

Sorry, late reply,
Gus McKay
Bill Bolsover
Carl Hogg

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 22:21
One question and Hogg’s answer has left me in a quandary.

Now Hogg is the head coach and therefore should know how long players have left on their contracts, especially the pivotal players.

So, when asked about Hougaard’s contract he stated quite positively that this was his last season! Which is completely wrong and was pointed out by some supporters and Hogg had to get confirmation from Bill Bolsover that this was the case before he corrected himself.

My quandary is, does Hogg know that Hougaard is leaving for another club at the end of the season(compensation payable)and accidentally let it slip out until B.B. told him to say something to cover it up.

From the eyes and body language and Hogg knowing players contract negotiations, I believe this will be Hougaard’s last season.

JP

MESSAGES->author
31 October, 2017 22:23
Oh yes suggested “Happy Hour” after all home games in all bars!

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 22:29
Sounded more like they were trying to tie FH into a longer contract now actually. Sensible starting a year early tbh! He will be more valuable now as no longer on the international circuit.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 22:35
Many thanks for the updates TT. Little surprised at the hotel comment as others seem to make it pay by the fact that they being built, WCC spring to mind. After all your looking for a contribution towards build cost not covering the entire thing. Ah well, there’s always next year.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 22:47
The Hougaard thing was just a slip up im sure. Nothing to worry about.

The first time ive been to one of these and have to say it's a relatively tough gig for those on the panel. Hogg speaks fantastically well - was very impressed with him.

Slightly disconcerting how when the question about 'could we do a wasps' was put to the panel it was not straight out categorically denied and put to bed.

MESSAGES->author
31 October, 2017 23:02
The question was is it possible, which of course it is.

The question should have been, is it going to happen? Which I think they almost answered.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 23:10
Quote:
Eternal optimist
Many thanks for the updates TT. Little surprised at the hotel comment as others seem to make it pay by the fact that they being built, WCC spring to mind. After all your looking for a contribution towards build cost not covering the entire thing. Ah well, there’s always next year.

From memory, it was stated that a hotel development was estimated at contributing c. £750k/pa income, but costing £x million to develop as part of a new north stand, sorry I don’t recall the actual figure.

I know a man who took copious notes however, and he will no doubt post details later.....after he’s sent Rollo the full version!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 23:21
Quote:
Faithful_City
JP

Yes that was a good one.

Another thing just came back into focus....did I really hear folk saying they wanted a forum back on the offie....and how it was missed...and whoever raised it said he didn’t see why we relied on a “planet rugby” forum, which we don’t, but never mind.

Well, if they do re-launch an offie forum, let’s hope it generates more than the 3 post a fortnight it used to enjoy.

Wish I’d mentioned that at the time, but, as the club will no doubt be monitoring this thread..... if you’re thinking about reviving an offie forum, I’d counsel you not to bother.

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 04:17
The SRFU any feedback? Please

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 05:50
Wasn’t mentioned at all. Nor were any other potential purchasers.

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 06:28
USA it was in a subtle way, the panel recognised that, smiled and moved on.

JP

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 07:09
Thanks for the updates. Missing a free bar heavens forbid!

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 07:12
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
Faithful_City
JP

Yes that was a good one.

Another thing just came back into focus....did I really hear folk saying they wanted a forum back on the offie....and how it was missed...and whoever raised it said he didn’t see why we relied on a “planet rugby” forum, which we don’t, but never mind.

Well, if they do re-launch an offie forum, let’s hope it generates more than the 3 post a fortnight it used to enjoy.

Wish I’d mentioned that at the time, but, as the club will no doubt be monitoring this thread..... if you’re thinking about reviving an offie forum, I’d counsel you not to bother.

Ah but Ted, by some strange quirk it did get lots of 'views'.
Agreed, not many posts but a lot of folk looking at what was on view.

Can't instantly recall their names but there were one or two on there that were pretty vicious.
I think some of these may have had more of a damaging effect effect on the forum than we might realise.

One has just come to mind whilst I write ................ the infamous Stormbird (aka Stormtrooper !) Aaaarrrrggghhh !!!

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 07:43
As a contributor to the offie forum and long term reader of this one, IMO occasional posts on here are every bit as vitriolic as anything posted there, including Stormbirds rantings.
Some people just like to wind others up.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 08:23
Nothing in it for non drinkers like me then! :-)

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 08:42
In the vein of getting it right on the field and everything else will follow. Carl Hogg stated that our kicking stats. are at 56% so far this season. Somebody asked if Paul Grayson is still helping our kickers.He is.......two full days a week!
Not wishing to criticise Mr.Grayson and also not underestimating the art of booting the egg shape through the posts,should we be chucking some money at alternative solutions?
Dave Alred,Charlie Hodgson,Neil Jenkins to name just a few,could come for a morning and cast their eye over our kicking group.
It must have been a tough one for Jonno Lance on Saturday and I am sure he wasn't happy about his kicking,but,missed kicks,missed points,lost games.
Getting that 56% up to 70/75% should be a priority. Come on coaches,think outside the box a bit!

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 08:43
Why not? Happy hour does not have to be alcohol.

JP

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 09:01
Quote:
Faithful_City
Why not? Happy hour does not have to be alcohol.
JP
Free nuts will do me! I'm not fussy.Can't be really considering the quality and price of the food at Sixways!

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 09:14
That was also raised and will be investigated by Gus’s team.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 10:23
Latecomer,

I agree with your review of how the offie forum used to be, but not with implication that it properly served its’ purpose.

Trouble is, a forum is a place for discussion, not for one or two to make comment and others to read it, and possibly accept it as accurate, valid, or even factual.

Even the best of us makes an occasional factual error on here, if people merely read and don’t respond it’s quite possible for opinion to become fact.

For example, one of our regular posters recently reported that a certain player had had a poor game, well he certainly hadn’t had a good one since he actually didn’t play. An honest mistake soon corrected by forum responses.

So your comment about the validity of the offie since it was written by a few but read by many, could be seen as condemnation.

This forum works well, people state opinions and others modify, or disagree, but it’s active, lively, and from time to time genuinely informative.

Some additional posters emerged on here on the closure of the offie, good, let them stay and add to the discussion, let’s not split the activity and dilute this forum unnecessarily.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 11:25
Any questions on improved communications with supporters?

Any news on how Mr McKay has identified improved ways to communicate with supporters?

Any news on stadium naming rights, as this was his first 'ambition' on arrival?

Interesting to read acknowledgement that we are not the 'talent magnet' sometimes suggested on this forum for players.

Happy hour sounds interesting after the games. Presumably First Bus will add services to cater or those wishing to partake? Equally, a Happy hour after a tough to take defeat. Not sure how happy that will be(Sm8). Even more tricky on a Friday night (will those be referred to as 'Lock ins')(Sm128).

The club is trying, that much is apparent, but it does seem to be in the style of walking on eggshells, which doesn't instil confidence.

Thanks to those providing snippets from their visit. Interesting, but avoiding the grey thing with big ears and a trunk, that was now doubt in the room where the get together was being hosted.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 11:37
Flippy, Gus was clear on his opinion of the use of social media “every 5 minutes” by his predecessor. This isn’t going to happen.

What we may expect is more timely, and more detailed, official information via the offie and emails to subscribers.

I believe he takes the point, but it’s not going to be done Trumpishly.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 12:03
TT,

Thanks for clarification. Nice to read that Gus chose again to have a pop at JOT for his approach to information provision.

Like many, i don't expect instant news, but something would be good. Currently the club re future ownership can hide behind Non Disclosure. I guess we'll see when that issue is resolved. Not holding my breath.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 12:24
Classic catch 22 situation.

Can't improve the squad due to our lowly position
Can't improve our position due to not being able to attract quality players.

We also have to pay more for those we have in order to keep them if we can..

Very depressing scenario

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:15
Fair comment PE.

There was mention of “The Exeter Model”, which I believe was summarised as having a good academy, bringing these players through to 1st XV standard, then keeping them together and making steady progress up the table, and this steady progress allowing the recruitment of additional talent, at reasonable cost, since they can see European and International prospects.

Hoggie was very clear that all young players wanted to think they could reach international standard eventually, and that currently being at a Wuss didn’t exactly help achieve that ambition.

The bit that wasn’t mentioned was that in the few key seasons before and after promotion, Exeter’s team performance exceeded the sum of it's parts.

That’s down to coaching, culture and management, not players.

An inconvenient truth for our management team.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:19
When we were first promoted we added a great many players to the squad which is when we departed from the Exeter model. Never have recovered.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

rossi
Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:36
Quote:
Powick Eastander
Classic catch 22 situation.
Can't improve the squad due to our lowly position
Can't improve our position due to not being able to attract quality players.

We also have to pay more for those we have in order to keep them if we can..

Very depressing scenario

I've never really bought the whole argument about a lack of talent in the playing squad.

Hougaard
Teo
Shonert
Spencer
Mills
Lance
Heem
Pennell
Denton
Lewis

Could all get in to squads much higher up the table. Possibly a few others to. Give our youngsters such as Singleton, Adams and Shillcock and Humphreys a couple more years and you can add them to that list.

I think it's always been a lack of continuity and direction at coaching/DOR/Board level which has stopped us from progressing.

kceWarrior
kceWarrior (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:40
I think having a committed coach will count for more than current league position. We've seen in the past how a top player comes in because they've had a chat with the dor and believe in their vision - Even with us stuck in the bottom two.

Currently we haven't got anyone who can sell the dream for next season and beyond. Why would anybody come in if they don't know who their manager is going to be?!

Therefore. First priority has to be to get the coaching structure and dor sorted. Player recruitment after that.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:50
I've been pondering whether to say something all day, and have decided to say it. Gus did not inspire me or fill me with confidence last night, and had BB not been there to field most of the questions would, I feel, have floundered.

Tony Warrior
Tony Warrior (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 14:35
Thought the most pertinent question all night was "Is this an evening with Gus mcKay?"

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 14:44
Which is exactly why I started this thread as I did.

But we need Gus to be an effective commercial MD, not a motivational speaker.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 14:50
kceWarrior is correct. We need a DOR who wants a long term project of building a club I would be tempted to offer our next DOR a 5 year contract (with break clauses inserted) so we can show potential recruits that Warriors is a stable club.

The Exeter model is a pure one off, it will never happen again. I remember the year we first got promoted and Cecil wrote our 3 year plan to win the Premiership, it was pure fantasy. Exeter instead made no brash statements, trusted the coaches implicitly and allowed them to continue to build the club. Warriors in effect tried to build the roof of a house without any walls, in hindsight, we were destined for failure. We have solid foundations as a club, we have a good academy, a good ground, a loyal fanbase. These are all things that can be built on, we have a smattering of quality in the squad (Sorry Mr Worcester 10 players being able to get into higher positioned teams is exactly why we flounder at the bottom). What we next need to do is have a vision as a club of where we want to go, hire the coaching team and recruit the players to do so while that is much easier said than done we have to accept that we need to raise the club up again from foundations in place.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:00
TT,

You're right we need Gus to be a good MD. Any evidence of this at last nights meeting or in his tenure so far?

Sounds like BB was the mouthpiece last night and the evening might have been better advertised as "An Evening with the Management".

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:15
Quote:
FlipFlop

Sounds like BB was the mouthpiece last night and the evening might have been better advertised as "An Evening with the Management".

I think, to be fair to the management, that it was just as well that we did have all three there to answer the very probing questions asked at what is a very critical time for the Club. The salient areas, ownership and the team performance, are well outside GM's remit.

Not all questions could be answered of course and that made it very difficult for BB to be more than very vague in some of his answers. I think he probably went as far as he could in the circumstances.

Let's face it if only GM had turned up and all that was discussed was the price of beer etc we would not have been a happy bunch.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:29
Quote:
FlipFlop
TT,
You're right we need Gus to be a good MD. Any evidence of this at last nights meeting or in his tenure so far?".

To be fair we have no evidence for or against, and why would we? It’s essrntially a back-office job, although he did say someone had suggested changing the carpeting in the Ricoh Suite at s cost of (memory?) £11k because it looked a bit shabby in places, and he refused telling them it wasn’t noticeable when the tables were in place.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:45
Quote:
TeflonTed
Flippy, Gus was clear on his opinion of the use of social media “every 5 minutes” by his predecessor. This isn’t going to happen.
What we may expect is more timely, and more detailed, official information via the offie and emails to subscribers. [my emphasis]

I believe he takes the point, but it’s not going to be done Trumpishly.

Ted, did he give any indication of when the more timely, more detailed, official information would start coming? There's been precious little evidence so far.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:50
Bertie, if only!

Telling us what we wanted to hear might be a cynical view, only time will tell.

Brummagem Bertie
01 November, 2017 15:51
Quote:
Mr_Worcester
I think it's always been a lack of continuity and direction at coaching/DOR/Board level which has stopped us from progressing.

I disagree that there has been a lack of continuity and direction at Board level.

Cecil has been on the Board since 1996; Anthony Glossop and John Crabtree since 2008; Bill Bolsover since 2011.

I do agree that this has been a significant part of the reason we haven't progressed.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:53
Sudden thought, I wonder if anyone’s asked Cecil to buy back in?

Brummagem Bertie
01 November, 2017 15:54
Quote:
TeflonTed
Bertie, if only!
Telling us what we wanted to hear might be a cynical view, only time will tell.

Quite. Gus seems to find it very easy to diss the previous incumbent of his post but at least we did get information from Jim, however bluntly it was communicated at times.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:59
TT,

You know the business adage about making your name in the first 90 days in a new job. No evidence for or against whether he is or isn't doing a good job, seems not to be a great impact IMO. His role should not be deemed Back office either IMO. He should be one of the more visual figureheads of the Club. Do you think EG would sit quietly in the Back office?

Brummagem Bertie
01 November, 2017 15:59
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
Hill Warrior
Not rocket science is it

HW

Agree wholeheartedly with HW.

I went to the evening Jim O'Toole held because it offered the prospect of learning something and I came away much better informed about a number of issues that when I arrived.

The reason I didn't go last night was because I felt confident that we wouldn't get told anything of any substance: I haven't read anything on this thread that makes me think I made the wrong decision (even the free bar, as I would have been driving).

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:00
I would doubt CD has much personal wealth left after his first bankrolling of Warriors....

Brummagem Bertie
01 November, 2017 16:11
Given how much he reportedly made from the sale of Worcester Heat Systems I doubt his funding of Warriors did much more than eat up the interest!

He did make a number of loans to Warriors for some of the ground developments but, IIRC, these were paid back, rather than written off completely. I don't think his investment will have left him anywhere near brassic.

Devonianwarrior
Devonianwarrior (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:13
My take was that the three of them acquitted themselves reasonably well.I felt the major problem was that on several occasions they were attempting to justify decisions by Greg Allen that they didn't agree with.

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 16:27
Having reflected on last night, I think BB fielded most of the questions because he has length of service that Mackay hasn't, holds a position of seniority, knows what is going on, etc.
It was encouraging to hear that the DOR applicants number 'several' with still a few days to go, that it seems as if the fans forum will make a comeback (why it was axed is anyone's guess), they have listened to the issues of communications whether it is tannoys or websites (see the website today for details)and are already acting upon it.
Hoggy still tows the corporate line much of the time but we had an insight into our chase for a decent fly half (I would have loved having Owen Williams here)but it is still a 'chicken and egg' situation when it comes to almost everything. The chicken is having a consistent board, consistent management , good results which all lead to better players being signed, or, the better ones we have seeing their future elsewhere. It is bloody galling to watch the AP games and seeing how many old Sixways players are doing so well at other clubs.
Results are everything, and if we get the new owners on board and dong the right things, and avoid the drop this season then next season a higher finish is possible. The younger players coming through are good - we just need to keep them and our higher profile guys too and we can be a successful club. We will not be another Sarries or Exeter but there is no reason why a 6th/7th place is beyond us.
Finally, if Dean Ryan wants to come back I would welcome him with open arms. He has been the only DOR who seemed to have a plan and had the ability to get it through. Or am I in rhinovirus here?

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 17:30
I heard that he had offered his financial clout to assist.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 17:31
Staggered fellas,Carl Hogg trots out that we have 56% kicking stats,repeat 56%!
I'm really not bothered about chips,beer,Gus McKay,happy hour and duff club communication.
After many years watching Worcester,is it too much to ask for a winning mentality right through the club that culminates with wins on the field.
How many times have people on this and the other forum bemoaned the fact that we don't have a kicker?
Recently,Rhys Priestland put his improved kicking down to changing his kicking tee! If we are paying for two days of Mr Grayson and his expertise why can't he explore every avenue to get our kickers more confidence and skill levels,if not save the money and let him go.

Poolbrook
Poolbrook (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 17:31
Quote:
Patgadd
I've been pondering whether to say something all day, and have decided to say it. Gus did not inspire me or fill me with confidence last night, and had BB not been there to field most of the questions would, I feel, have floundered.

Pat - I too have been reflecting on the event for some time and your comment mirrors my impression. Gus didn't even introduce himself at the beginning and on most issues had to 'take it away' so I didn't feel that we had someone who was on top of his area. However, to be fair to him, I'm sure that he is having to work with many inherited items and hasn't yet had a chance to shape events.

BB came across as being sanguine and as candid as he could be given the confidentiality of the investment process. The missing piece was Greg and as the money man he is calling the shots. That hampers the 3 on the panel but I didn't get a great feeling of leadership from any of them. Indeed I felt that Beth displayed the most competence by managing the order of the questions and interjecting to summarise from time to time.

I didn't expect to come away full of renewed hope - and I didn't. Being an optimist, I hope that a saviour will arrive soon to inject funds and vision and that a well respected DoR will also be announced soon to give continuity once Gary Gold disappears.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 17:35
Quote:
FlipFlop
TT,
You know the business adage about making your name in the first 90 days in a new job. No evidence for or against whether he is or isn't doing a good job, seems not to be a great impact IMO. His role should not be deemed Back office either IMO. He should be one of the more visual figureheads of the Club. Do you think EG would sit quietly in the Back office?

Clearly not, but Gus made it very clear he has absolutely nothing to do with the rugby side of the business.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 18:54
It seems as though my decision stay in Appledore and go to the open folk night at The Champ was well judged, especially as Sam Spoons ( former Bonzo Dog Do Dah Day Band ) who lives locally was performing.
From what I have read on the site and a very detailed report received from someone who was there ( Thanks Nigel ) I conclude :
That we will have to be patient.
That we need a leader at the top of the club.
Mark St Q did us no favours in saying what he did.
It is going to be a miracle if we avoid relegation.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 19:51
Quote:
ROLLO
It seems as though my decision stay in Appledore and go to the open folk night at The Champ was well judged, especially as Sam Spoons ( former Bonzo Dog Do Dah Day Band ) who lives locally was performing.
From what I have read on the site and a very detailed report received from someone who was there ( Thanks Nigel ) I conclude :
That we will have to be patient.
That we need a leader at the top of the club.
Mark St Q did us no favours in saying what he did.
It is going to be a miracle if we avoid relegation.

I actually believe that we will stay up - just. My concern was that from my angle BB could well have been operating Gus with his hand up the back of Gus's jacket - in fact, the more I think about it.....

I further predict that by the start of the new season, if not before, neither Gus nor Hoggy will be with us. (A new owner will get rid of Gus, and Hoggy will either go under a new DOR or jump ship before he's pushed. His contract's up at the end of the season.)
Perhaps I'll keep my edible hat just in case.

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 19:58
BB will also depart as per his referral on several occasions last night that he would not be here going forward.

JP

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 22:07
And FH it seems.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 22:42
Quote:
Whispering_Death
And FH it seems.

And how do you deduce that WD ?
He has another year left on his contract after this one............

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 06:54
Compensation payments could be one of our best money spinners at the end of the season unless we were commercially weak and allowed our stars, get out clauses.

Never say never, particularly at Sixways, particularly now.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 07:35
I wasn’t there but I know seomeone who was and trust his judgement. His view was Hogg didn’t slip up when he said that, and his reaction to the others on the panel after he realised what he’d said confirmed that. After all how can our head coach not know wheather our best player will be here or not next year. You couldn’t possibly make that mistake.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 15:38
I've put this WN article here because it adds little to what we were told last week.

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net