rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Centres
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 09:28
Quote:
wN

DEAN Hammond and Bryce Heem could be moved into midfield as Worcester Warriors bid to solve their conundrum at centre.

The two wingers have previously worn the number 13 jersey and backs coach Sam Vesty admitted they were among “two or three options” that could cover that position.

Warriors have been further depleted at centre after it was confirmed this week Wynand Olivier (hamstring) had joined Ben Te’o (ankle) on the club’s long injury list.

Ex-South Africa international Olivier faces up to 10 weeks on the sidelines while England ace Te’o is expected to be out for three months. Ryan Mills (quad) and Max Stelling (ankle) are also recovering from injuries

Why not Sam Lewis he is very highly rated at center.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2017 13:51 by Powick Eastander.

Ake1985
Re: Centers
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 09:37
He is also by far our best 7! A position we have less cover at than centre!!

We saw last year how well the young players did when they had to unexpectedly step up. No reason Butler couldn't so the same this year! Looks a great prospect.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 10:23
Didn't realise you were American JP... or should that be realize?

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 10:59
I don't think Bryce is an option at centre, he has looked very ineffective in previous appearances there.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 11:01
Hammond without doubt

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 11:03
The impression given last night, I think I heard it correctly, was that Hammond needed to work on his defence.

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 11:18
Just shows the level of depth needed in the Premiership. You need a 1st and 2nd choice of fairly equal level of ability to cover rotate and potentially a 3rd choice who can also do a decent job.

This is where we have issues and we are told unfortunately nobody wants to come. eye popping smiley

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 12:19
Needs at Centre may lead to using effective Wingers in that position, but Heem hasn't done well when called upon to fill this role, and Hammond proved how effective he is on the Wing when he came on, on Saturday.

Hoping for some good news on the injury front to mean that the above doesn't need to happen.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:16
Quote:
A38
The impression given last night, I think I heard it correctly, was that Hammond needed to work on his defence.

I’ll support that comment, Hoggue said he needed to be careful with his words, but the message was clear, Dean’s defensive skills were needing some work.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 13:32
Surely defensive alignments etc will only come with a bit of game time, if it's tackling, well surely it can't be much worse than what we've seen so far this season.

I don't want to see heem or Lewis for the reasons mentioned above. I don't think butler is powerful enough yet for ap level sadly.

MESSAGES->author
01 November, 2017 13:52
I think Heem at centre would be a mistake imho

Warrior7
Re: Centres
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 14:48
If Hammond needs to improve his defence at 13, then pair him with Will Butler and let them develop a partnership over the next few games that might develop them both as long term options if recruitment is difficult?

Ake1985
Re: Centres
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 15:31
Quote:
Warrior7
If Hammond needs to improve his defence at 13, then pair him with Will Butler and let them develop a partnership over the next few games that might develop them both as long term options if recruitment is difficult?

This my preferred option for the Anglo-welsh. Willison has to have a break.

I think Hammond is a better option than Heem at centre. Heem is not a great tackler and is for me our most threatening winger.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net