rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Vesty's Future
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 06:40
Suspect this goes for all of the coaches, contracts or not, but Sam's is due to finish this year. Won't take much to take him away I feel. Especially with all of the chaos and uncertainty surrounding everything.

I do know that he's extremely highly rated by the board and coaches so hopefully we'll manage to tie him in for longer.

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

w4rriorz1980
Re: Vesty's Future
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 07:46
I think he'll stay.Despite all the uncertainty at present he's got a good thing going.The club need to try everything to keep him.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 09:20
Quote:
usa warrior
I do know that he's extremely highly rated by the board and coaches so hopefully we'll manage to tie him in for longer.

Trouble is, we'll have a new board and a new DOR next season. Still, I hope he stays

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 10:01
All depends whatís going on at Tigers, as well as at 6Ways. The Vesty Dynasty goes back 3 generations, and to my way of thinking itís inevitable that Sam will end up there eventually.

Itís a when, not an if.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 10:19
Surely that would be the choice of the new DOR not current?

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:03
Quote:
TeflonTed
All depends whatís going on at Tigers, as well as at 6Ways. The Vesty Dynasty goes back 3 generations, and to my way of thinking itís inevitable that Sam will end up there eventually.
Itís a when, not an if.

Have to say I don't necessarily subscribe to the family values/family firm/man and boy stuff in the modern era. It's like how brothers don't always end up playing together (would be interested to see the stats on this) despite some seeming to believe its an inevitability.

It may just as easily be that he wants to forge his own path and make his own mark on his own patch having done the Tigers thing as a player. My father was also in the property industry - but I have decided to do my own thing in a different firm, despite working for the same firm as him for a while....

Of course I may be wrong - but I think its far from an inevitability.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:59
Only time will tell.
Until then, Iím torn between views that he is a lovely bloke who clearly knows his stuff and speaks well, but who is still a major part of a coaching team who arenít quite getting us where we need to be.

incastrowetrust
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 12:33
Think it would be too soon for Vesty to come to tigers, esp considering our Head Coach is the backs coach already.

Would love for him to come back but it would prob be a after MOC thing.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 17:05
Quote:
knightstemplar
Surely that would be the choice of the new DOR not current?

Spot on. DOR to be effective must have the team he wants who are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

I like vesty but if he isn't part of a shared vision then we surely won't achieve our best.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 08:07
I agree that it all depends upon the new DOR.
We have heard quotes that the board are looking for somebody who can provide some continuity. Was that a way of saying that they would like to hold onto our current coaches. Yet this is a coaching team that has by and large been with us for a few seasons now.
I cannot put my finger on why it has never really clicked on the pitch. Over the last few years I would say that there have been many aspects but the main ones have been poor kicking, lack of top quality at half-back (except when FH is around), poor basic skills, poor defense, poor discipline (this has improved massively this season). Some of our ills must surely be laid at our coaching. Every new player who lands with us states that the can't get over the detail. Well I suspect that there may be too much detail and that we are confusing our own players.

Now, we keep hearing how good Sam is. I have heard it so often I am starting to believe it myself. But so far we are yet to see that consistently shown on the pitch. I have to believe that he is good, and I would like him to stay.
However, Tigers are different gravy altogether. They want and expect and usually deliver only the best. We are in a beggars can't be losers situation. Tigers are in a we only want the best and can attract all the top talent situation. The two are different. What I am trying to say is that I do not think Sam has enough success under his belt for Tigers. If he went there he would need to drop down the ranks again. I can't see that happening.

He may not want to stay here. Why would he? We are a bigger shambles off the pitch than we are on it. But I hope he does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 08:09 by Offa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net