rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Brummagem Bertie
Team's up
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:40
Team for AW v Sale

Nick S and Bryce make come backs.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MSR-Worcester
Re: Team's up
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:45
15 Bryce Heem
14 Tom Howe
13 Max Stelling
12 Will Butler (C)
11 Dean Hammond
10 Tom Heathcote
9 Michael Dowsett
1 Gareth Milasinovich
2 Beck Cutting
3 Nick Schonert
4 Christian Scotland-Williamson
5 Darren Barry
6 Huw Taylor
7 Andrew Durutalo
8 Tom Dodd

Replacements
16 Charlie Jeavons-Fellows (Stourbridge RFC)
17 Nick Rigby
18 Simon Kerrod
19 Andrew Kitchener
20 Ted Hill
21 Luke Baldwin
22 Sam Olver
23 Ollie Lawrence (Warriors Under 18s/Bromsgrove School)

My prediction was so close! Interesting looking backline and think the front five could also do some serious damage.

And Sale Sharks:

1. James Flynn
2. Cameron Neild
3. WillGriff John
4. George Nott
5. Matt Postlethwaite
6. TJ Ioane
7. Ben Curry
8. Sam Moore

9. Will Cliff
10. AJ MacGinty
11. Josh Charnley
12. Cameron Redpath
13. Will Addison (c)
14. Aaron Reed
15. Luke James

16. Curtis Langdon
17. Jake Pope
18. Halani Aulika
19. Dave Seymour
20. Nic Dolly
21. Matt Sturgess
22. Kieran Wilkinson
23. Connor Doherty

On paper two evenly matched teams!

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:46
Great to see Nick and Bryce back, and I'll be surprised if Dean doesn't add to his try score. One to watch if he comes on is Ollie Lawrence, who looked good for the Cavs.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 11:53
Stronger team than Iíd expected....wrong again. Letís hope the need for gametime v injury risk pays off.

Sale havenít pulled any punches either, wonder if Dimes will have Yarde running water?

MSR-Worcester
02 November, 2017 12:42
Good to see Stelling, CSW, Heem, Barry, Schonert and Baldwin all return from injury. Some good news at last!

Beginning to think the Worcester News are misleading us intentionally, first they report Stelling is injured so one of Hammond/Heem will have to play centre. Next he's back fit again and they're both playing in the back three!

Glad to see Yarde or JOC aren't playing, that wouldn't have been fair! Sharks look strong in the back row and at half back.

Chris1850
Chris1850 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 13:16
Arguably only Will Addison and possibly AJ McGinty of the starting 15 would start in a full strength Sale side. Others such as Curry, Ioane, Cliff, Nott and Neild would likely be on the bench. The remainder are squad and academy players.

Really pleased however to see so many youngsters given a chance for us though.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 13:30
Bold selection of Cutting at Hooker - I think he only left Bromsgrove school in July but has been highly rated in age group rugby as one to watch for some time

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 13:50
I'm quite excited by this game. Should be quite exciting, hopefully for the right reasons. I like all of the selections.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 14:11
Exciting team! Good to see the 2 tightheads back and Gareth moved to the loose (I think that's were he will eventually be best). Baldwin back is great also!

Some good prospects getting a run out against a decent Sale side!

Not entirely convinced Heem has the kicking game for a full back so hopefully be seeing him doing what he does best and running the ball back a lot!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 15:09
Oy!

Iím the one who uses far too many exclamation marks on here!

Get orf moi land!

MSR-Worcester
02 November, 2017 15:20
Quote:
Sutton Warrior
Bold selection of Cutting at Hooker - I think he only left Bromsgrove school in July but has been highly rated in age group rugby as one to watch for some time

It is bold but I think our hand was forced in many respects. Annett and Williams are both injured, Taufete'e is back in the states seeing his family, leaving Singleton as our only first team hooker (need to keep him fit).

Hill Warrior
Hill Warrior (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 15:26
Bec Cutting is a really good player I've seen him all through the age groups at Kidderminster . He can hold his own as he has for the Cavs this season.
One for the future that's for sure

HW

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 15:32
Quote:
TeflonTed
Oy!

Get orf moi land!
!

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 16:06
Good to see some players returning from injury. This is a good chance for some young players and fringe players to press their case for selection.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 16:15
Quote:
TeflonTed
Oy!

Get orf moi land!

I edited out a few!!!

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 16:48
There are some seasoned pros in our team, and Will Butler is skipper. Impressive. (Ted, please note the lack of exclamation marks).

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 16:54
Will was 9nterviewed recently and said that being made captain of the A Team v Wasps was a development tactic from Hoggy to bring him out of his shell and it worked. This is another step in his confidence.

He looked good v Wasps

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 17:14
Heem is just there for fitness I feel. He isn't a 15 and I'm sure this is just another step back towards the prem.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 17:14
An exciting looking team and that sale team will be a hard challenge.
Will be chuffed if we win but mainly crossing fingers for no injuries.

Hope stelling steps up as the door might be open for him at present.

Sale Warrior
Sale Warrior (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 13:58
Tonight could be one of those 'I was there' moments if Ted Hill comes of the bench and makes his first team debut. Very highly rated

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 16:12
I've only seen Ted once, at the U18 game against Sarries a few months ago. He was the class of the field.

Redditch Crowd
Redditch Crowd (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 20:17
Thatís it.. 44 seconds on the clock , losing in the first half and box kick the ball away.... really? ....7 points added by Sale... knob.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net