rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Ake1985
£3 30 for chips!!!!
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 18:44
What is wrong with this club!

How can they think that that price is anywhere near acceptable for very poor quality chips!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 18:47 by Ake1985.

Hill Warrior
Re: £3 30 for chips!!!!
Hill Warrior (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 18:58
I had a chicken burger and chips at the start of the season as a treat and paid by a tenner and got 40p back !!
Needless to say I won't be that stupid agin and haven't bought anything at the club since .

HW

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 21:49
Did Bill Bolsolver have a pistol to your head to force you to buy?

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:06
Can't disagree with you there FF but regardless whether you buy food or not it's still a rip-off for very poor food.
The pasties are fantastic but they're sourced from a company not associated with Warriors although for some reason the grub on A-league nights can often be more palatable than matchdays.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:18
Yeap, definitely a rip off. However stores such as Aldi and Lidl took off due to folk voting with their feet and leaving overpriced supermarkets( bar Waitrose for some quirky reason).

Yes, no other place to get food or drink at Sixways, but purchasing the stuff only justifies the OTT prices as perversely acceptable. Donít buy it!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:22
Well I had a massive portion of @#$%&, mash and mushy peas for 650 and i was very pleased with it indeed.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:29
Quote:
usa warrior
Well I had a massive portion of @#$%&, mash and mushy peas for 650 and i was very pleased with it indeed.

Well, everyone knows that @#$%& are made from @#$%&! (Couldn't resist it)

Perhaps the chips were made from two potatoes?

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:30
Friday, leave work, drive home quick change and pick up lad. Drive to Worcester and park up at Shire Hall bus into Sixways. So much opportunity to purchase food from somewhere else. If Ia couple of quid for warm flavoured water. So much for a match day experience. Saturday however, no probs as not working that day.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:32
Quote:
usa warrior

Presume you mean f a g g o t s, god bless transatlantic political correctness.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 00:24
Quote:
FlipFlop
...( bar Waitrose for some quirky reason).

Probably the same reason people buy iPhones?

Humps for 1 Mile
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 00:41
Have always found the food in the Scrum Club to be of good quality and about the same price as pub grub.

Excellent large portion of chips, beans and 2 enormous tasty sausages for £6.50.

The missus was very complimentary about the beef bourgignon.

Not ripped off. Fed well at a price you would pay elsewhere.

Staff are bl@@dy good as well.

When we left the queue was out the door.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 00:45
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Can't disagree with you there FF but regardless whether you buy food or not it's still a rip-off for very poor food.
The pasties are fantastic but they're sourced from a company not associated with Warriors although for some reason the grub on A-league nights can often be more palatable than matchdays.

Whilst the pasties are from an outside company, they are available because the club offered/agreed to give them a concession.

The burger vans may not be great quality and may be overpriced, but usually are, wherever you go. I remember someone in my group paying £7.50, I think, for a fish and chips at Quins a couple of seasons ago. They got a piece of fish that looked nothing like what you get in a chip shop, more like Iceland's budget range, and a very small portion of horrible chips.

If you get the f a g g o t s, pie, chilli, or curry, prepared and cooked in the Sixways kitchens, however, they are usually far better quality and no more expensive than standard pub fare. The pizzas in the South East corner and the pulled pork are also quite good.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 02:04
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

Whilst the pasties are from an outside company, they are available because the club offered/agreed to give them a concession.

The burger vans may not be great quality and may be overpriced, but usually are, wherever you go. I remember someone in my group paying £7.50, I think, for a fish and chips at Quins a couple of seasons ago. They got a piece of fish that looked nothing like what you get in a chip shop, more like Iceland's budget range, and a very small portion of horrible chips.

If you get the f a g g o t s, pie, chilli, or curry, prepared and cooked in the Sixways kitchens, however, they are usually far better quality and no more expensive than standard pub fare. The pizzas in the South East corner and the pulled pork are also quite good.
I shall explore alternative culinary choices next time!

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 04:30
Quote:
FlipFlop
Did Bill Bolsolver have a pistol to your head to force you to buy?

In a way, with a number of factors, yes.

I sometimes have considerable difficulty walking for a length of time and the walk from drop off to my east stand seat takes some time. I usually rely on a friend to collect my food from the scrum club....which I find very good and not too badly priced.

With the insistance on Friday night games, means if we can get to the games on time it also means there is not time to eat elsewhere.

So if I wanted to eat, my options were severely limited if I also wanted to watch the game.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 07:43
The game was at 8. Meal at home before coming to the game?

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 07:48
Quote:
FlipFlop
The game was at 8. Meal at home before coming to the game?

Of course! How silly of me! If you could run my diary for the next few homw games that would be excellent! You seem to have a much better grasp of it than I!

Regardless of my situation, whether I buy the chips or not. £3.30 for a relatively small portion of chips is not good and it leaves me with a less than positive impression of the club.

tboullem
Mobbs (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 08:19
Jeez, I thought we were expensive ! Will bring our own rations to Sixways in a fortnights time.........

Mobbs
FG

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 08:23
I donít disagree that itís bad value. Thatís why I avoid it.

Eastrrr Bunny
Eastrrr Bunny (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 08:29
The chicken curry is awful even if it was half the price I wouldnít buy it again

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 08:52
don,t buy anthing and show the club that we will not be abused like this. or is it the vendors that set the prices? in which case don,t buy any

PMB
PMB (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 08:55
Why not check to see if WRFC clubhouse on Westons is open on Warriors match days, a short walk through the tunnel and good value quality food and drink.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 09:18
Like many others, work plus travelling time means my only option for Friday night games is to either eat at the ground, or go without. Maybe that's one of the factors influencing the decision for so many of them? Captive market meaning better revenue? I would guess it's lower on a Saturday when people have more time and options.
Anyway, last night I intended to use my "meal deal" voucher in the scrum club, on a chicken curry - until I saw it! I hope for the sake of anyone who bought it, that it tasted better than it looked!
I then had sausage and chips which was ok, and as someone else has said, at about pub meal prices. However, I wasn't in a pub, so my choices were either to stand up and eat it one handed, or sit in the stands balancing it on my knees. It doesn't bother me, but because of that fact, to my mind sports ground food should be simple, good quality, and well priced.
So, one out of three.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 10:44
Quote:
Mobbs
Jeez, I thought we were expensive ! Will bring our own rations to Sixways in a fortnights time.........
Mobbs
FG

Mobbs, youíre spoiled. Everything at FG just works, but youíve been at it far longer than us.

Seriously, the food from the 6Ways in-house kitchen, (served in the North West corner, and plenty of inside tables to eat at) is pretty good. The concession stands behind the East stand and in the South East corner are pretty typical Iíd have thought. A lot of people were having crepes last night, very ooh la la.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 10:58
Quote:
NW2
Like many others, work plus travelling time means my only option for Friday night games is to either eat at the ground, or go without. Maybe that's one of the factors influencing the decision for so many of them? Captive market meaning better revenue? I would guess it's lower on a Saturday when people have more time and options.
Anyway, last night I intended to use my "meal deal" voucher in the scrum club, on a chicken curry - until I saw it! I hope for the sake of anyone who bought it, that it tasted better than it looked!
I then had sausage and chips which was ok, and as someone else has said, at about pub meal prices. However, I wasn't in a pub, so my choices were either to stand up and eat it one handed, or sit in the stands balancing it on my knees. It doesn't bother me, but because of that fact, to my mind sports ground food should be simple, good quality, and well priced.
So, one out of three.
Simple?

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 11:45
The game kicked off at 7.45pm so arrive at 8 and you would have missed 15 mins!

The Steak & Ale pie and mash is well worth it, although it has gone up another 50p to £8 recently. Can't argue with the portion size as she couldn't have squeezed anymore in and shut the lid!!

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:33
The beef last night was very good

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:38
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
NW2
So, one out of three.
Simple?

Yeah, the last thing you want is a smart-@rse sausage.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 16:28
At £ 3.30 I agree the price is high but add beans at £3. 80 as I did last evening and it becomes much better value.
The home made food in the scrum club is good quality, is good quantity and in my view fair value. I regularly eat the chicken curry which is good as is the chilli, and mash and peas with either pie or f a g g o t s forget the PC script changing brigade pathetic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2017 16:31 by ROLLO .

MESSAGES->author
Grasshopper (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 16:45
Iíve heard that, even at the inflated prices, vendors are moaning that they arenít making enough money.

Perhaps theyíd sell more if the prices were more realistic for what they are selling. (That applies to the food the club is offering, too).

Brummagem Bertie
04 November, 2017 16:53
Which vendors would those be, Grasshopper? I thought that the burger vans were taken "in-house" a couple of seasons ago.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 21:56
£3.30 is over kill, but let's be honest it's not going into the back pocket of the owner. It's just slowing the amount that comes out.
But it's cheap compared to football. Paid £10 for a burger+chips last year when taken to watch Arsenal and believe the ticket was £85 and that was average.

I too give my customer to the North-East Cafe thing.
For me nothing beats the Steak-Pie at £8 a pop it is pricy but lovely.
The sausage' chips at £6.50 is great value, but on Friday I had posh beef stew which was great.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 22:07
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
NW2
So, one out of three.
Simple?

Yeah, the last thing you want is a smart-@rse sausage.
Who? Me? ;-)

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 22:16
Quote:
BrumBrum
£3.30 is over kill, but let's be honest it's not going into the back pocket of the owner. It's just slowing the amount that comes out.
But it's cheap compared to football. Paid £10 for a burger+chips last year when taken to watch Arsenal and believe the ticket was £85 and that was average.

I too give my customer to the North-East Cafe thing.
For me nothing beats the Steak-Pie at £8 a pop it is pricy but lovely.
The sausage' chips at £6.50 is great value, but on Friday I had posh beef stew which was great.

Instead of comparing with the most expensive football club in england who are also far more successful than us and can draw on a much wealthier fanbase it's probably better, if comparing with a football club, to compare with a local team who are more of our football equivelents. West Brom or Wolves are probably the most appropriate and are, i think, slightly cheaper for tickets but i know offer far cheaper, albeit probably slightly poorer quality food.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 23:30
We have no idea what's happening with the club, the DoR or the freehold, and are once again wallowing at the foot of the table.

Yet a thread on the price of chips draws 33 posts, and rising!

Not complaining, just think it's funny.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 06:48
How about just comparing food prices at stadia generally with what you pay not at stadia? Saying £8 for a pie is okay because it would cost £10 at Wolves is still a rip off when said pie would make most shopper halt if it was priced st £4 in a shop!

2 wrongs donít make a right on this stuff. If youíre happy, great. If youíre not, donít pay it.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 08:14
WorcesterSauce,
sorry for some how rattling your cage.
It's the only game of football I have been to in about 30 if not 40 years, but their £10 burger is on parr with other entertainment venues, which is bloody expensive.
But next time I am offered free tickets, will ensure they are from one of the cheaper clubs to ensure I get balance or maybe I just won't bother.

But still think the food from the NorthWest Cafe is really good value...for an entertainment venue.
Have never bought anything from anywhere else.

Patgadd,
think with this thread think not complaining is a good idea,
"chip-gate" could be the start of a glorious revolution.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 08:38
I would image the privately owned outlets are charged a rent and concession percentage on takings. If they were charged less for the pitch they sell from then this would be transfered to punters. The clubs food should be cheaper obviously and better quality its not costing the same to sell it.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 08:48
Quote:
knightstemplar
I would image the privately owned outlets are charged a rent and concession percentage on takings. If they were charged less for the pitch they sell from then this would be transfered to punters. The clubs food should be cheaper obviously and better quality its not costing the same to sell it.
Good points there KT.

J6/7
J6/7 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 10:37
Speaking for myself I have always enjoyed the food in the scrum bar!

The outlets behind the East stand leave much to be desired, whether they are concessionairs or in house.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 11:34
Quote:
knightstemplar

Would it be? Limited time to conduct trade, hence have to maximise profit whilst staying reasonably competitive.

I for one, whilst thinking prices are steep accept that if I want to eat have to pay a premium at a sporting facility.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 08:31
I agree that the scrum club has great food. Similar in price to a lot of sporting venues but much better in quality. Some people just love to moan!

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 13:54
This week "I ave mostly bin eating tablets as I ent bin well" but might I suggest our travelling support widen their horizons and explore what's on offer in and around the City of Worcester before heading off home ?

Top three chippies - Donnellys in Bromwich Road, the Bath Road Chippy and nearest and probably best - The Ambleside Fish bar.

Fancy pie and mash ? Look no further than the King Charles in New street for sumptuous food.

If you fancy a curry head for the upper Tything and you will be spoilt for choice.

Nobody twists your arm to eat at sixways.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 14:52
Southstand, thereís no doubt about the variety and value available in the city.

But I think the criticism of 6Ways catering is driven by supporters who are time and distance limited, and have little or no opportunity to consider a meal off site.

Those of us who are lucky enough to live close canít deny them their opportunity to have a moan f they see fit.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 16:28
Quote:
Southstand(again)
This week "I ave mostly bin eating tablets as I ent bin well" but might I suggest our travelling support widen their horizons and explore what's on offer in and around the City of Worcester before heading off home ?
Top three chippies - Donnellys in Bromwich Road, the Bath Road Chippy and nearest and probably best - The Ambleside Fish bar.

Fancy pie and mash ? Look no further than the King Charles in New street for sumptuous food.

If you fancy a curry head for the upper Tything and you will be spoilt for choice.

Nobody twists your arm to eat at sixways.
Ambleside? Chips not cooked properly,like they were cooked in dripping,batter too thick,cooked on outside but not on inside.Tried a few times aswell hoping it would improve but alas,no.
IMO Warndon fish bar,Rainbow Hill chippy and Golden Gourmet.My top 3.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 16:37
Perhaps it's me Ted, but I wouldn't dream of travelling away and looking to only eat and drink at a stadium.

Go to Kingsholm and not have a few in Teagues ? or Reading and not meet up with the Irish fans at the Swan ?

My designated driver (wife) would really get the hump if I didn't stop off at the golden Heart at birdlip and buy her a meal on the way back.

In my house "Going to the Rugby" is still a "Day out"

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 16:42
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Perhaps it's me Ted, but I wouldn't dream of travelling away and looking to only eat and drink at a stadium.
Go to Kingsholm and not have a few in Teagues ? or Reading and not meet up with the Irish fans at the Swan ?

My designated driver (wife) would really get the hump if I didn't stop off at the golden Heart at birdlip and buy her a meal on the way back.

In my house "Going to the Rugby" is still a "Day out"

Yes, totally agree. Is that licensed cafe on the next corner to Teagues still able to serve a full English with a can of cider? That used to be a favourite, Iíve been led astray the last 2 visits to CG.

Brummagem Bertie
08 November, 2017 07:51
Whilst watching the highlights programme on Channel 5 af the weekend I did notice a vendor at Bath was selling chips for £3 and hot dogs for £6. OK, it was a foot long, but I imagine that if the club tried that someone would still argue that they should be able to do it for the same price as Ikea and anything more was conclusive evidence of a rip off and profiteering, probably just after posting a rant about the club's failure to sign a world class kicker.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 08:42
BB,

If people are happy to pay captive prices, then that is fine. But when we also get talk of high ticket prices, replica kit and drinks pricing thrown around, then it makes paying £3.30 for chips or £8 for a pie seem weird.

It has been mentioned that other stadia are as bad (sometimes worse) than Sixways. But the offering is artificially priced when we all know you can get Cod and Chips for £4.50ish locally and the fish is generally of Moby Dick proportions, and Pie, even from Artisan Pie makers tend to max at £5 each, in the outside world.

Presumably there are enough punters happy to pay the prices to keep the concessions in place, otherwise they would vote with their feet and maintain their livings at Car Boots, Victorian Fayre's and other such venues to make ends meet.

I don't think in this instance it is criticism for criticisms sake, but a view on stadia pricing and how maybe if the offerings were more affordable and a little more generous, then those who cannot eat before a game and get to the game on time due to other commitments, would probably take up the offerings.

Moyles
Moyles (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 09:17
So many critical of the prices and yet no-one prepared to have a go themselves.

It would be easier to make prices lower if there were more customers. I have known several of the outside concessions run at a loss, but the club still took the same percentage of revenue.

FWIW my daughters have eaten the artisan pizza and crepes from the crepe stall and I very much enjoyed the chicken wings - all of which have been excellent and far better than the processed "hot dog's" that are available at most sporting fixtures. I assure you if there is anyone making a decent margin it is those vendors who are buying in Hot Dogs at 10-20p per item and selling them for £6.

Hats off to the out side caterers. I'll continue to pay for your food without a moan.

*I have not eaten from the scrum club but I am told the food is of good quality.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 09:17
Starting on the basics just for a moment

Do the club set the prices int he concession stands or just rent a pitch to the likes of Ragley Hall etc?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 12:01
I guess that depends on whether the concessions are 'in house' provided or privately owned, renting space. The former prices would be influenced by the club, and the latter influenced by 'local market' conditions, is my guess on this.

TVM Rides Again....Again
08 November, 2017 12:13
Well precisely - if it's the latter, to accuse the club of fleecing customers is at the very least premature. Accuse the concessionaire - sure.

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 13:18
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Well precisely - if it's the latter, to accuse the club of fleecing customers is at the very least premature. Accuse the concessionaire - sure.

Well that would depend on the rent being charged for the plot. I doubt they are cheap hence that cost has to be passed on which of course has an effect on the price charged.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 13:34
Quote:
Simba
Well that would depend on the rent being charged for the plot. I doubt they are cheap hence that cost has to be passed on which of course has an effect on the price charged.

The concession holder doesn't have to take up the patch, and nor do they have to pass on the full cost of this patch to their customers. However, as mentioned above, many concessions do know where to money spinning sites are. I'd be surprised if patch rental hasn't been factored into £3.30 for a portion of 15-20 chips, just as much as i doubt the cost of the pies elsewhere in the ground really justifies the £8 charged.

Northwick
Northwick (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 14:23
Don't be ripped off, spend elsewhere

TVM Rides Again....Again
08 November, 2017 14:38
Quote:
FlipFlop
Quote:
Simba

The concession holder doesn't have to take up the patch, and nor do they have to pass on the full cost of this patch to their customers. However, as mentioned above, many concessions do know where to money spinning sites are. I'd be surprised if patch rental hasn't been factored into £3.30 for a portion of 15-20 chips, just as much as i doubt the cost of the pies elsewhere in the ground really justifies the £8 charged.

Ultimately prices are determined by what people will pay. Any measure of price vs your cost is generally to insure against underperformance - not to peg back your price if you know for a fact people will pay more.

See Worcester high street - the rents on the properties that were let (or re-let to the same tenant) from, say 2009-2012 - would have lower rents than ones let in 2006 or 2015.

Will their prices be lower for equivalent products....you bet your sweet botty they wouldn't.

ETA: Besides, the biggest cost to any business is always, always, always staff. Not rent (you'd be amazed at how seldom rent is even in the top 3).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 14:40 by TVM Rides Again.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 14:56
Or ......
........eat in the North-West Cafe or as I now know it's called....THE SCRUM BAR.
Steak Pie is lovely and the Sauage/Chips great value at I think £6, but please don't quote me.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 15:11
Clearly more folk than not, are prepared, or need to pay the prices on offer, so that is why they continue to charge what they do.

If folk choose not to purchase from said places either prices drop in response, or concessions move on to where folk will pay these prices.

In a van where no more than 3 people can work safely at anytime (usually including the proprietor) the staff costs for covering at most 2 staff, from 6 until 11 on night games, or 1 until 6 on weekend games, should not really multiply 2 spuds worth of chips to £3.30. Most of the staff are suitably teenage at best to ensure low rates of legal pay are applicable, and good forbid in a cash driven business, even some tax might be due[:wor kid:]. Still not going to suggest breadline Britain starts with the folk operating the concessions.

TVM Rides Again....Again
08 November, 2017 16:53
The staff manning the van won't be the only staff in the business. They will have other cost centers away from the van (they don't seem to be let to 'Bob's Greasy Burgers' type sole traders).

The kids in the van and 2 spuds won't be the sole costs.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:20
Well, weíre going well into the detail now arenít we.

Iím no expert on costing catering business product, but I have a friend who sells cheese and other stuff at markets. I know the 2 assistants who serve the customers are the least of his costs, his chiller van and freezer room, his rented base unit, stainless steel prep area and chiller display counters are all constantly eating money and need financing, the wholesale cost of the product is varying every day, fuel and insurance are significant costs.

All business models vary, we have no basis at all to criticise the traders who are just trying to earn a living. Itís ridiculous to talk of rip-offs, if you donít think the prices are fair, donít buy.

If thereís any mileage in this discussion at all itís in letting the club know of your unhappiness, they could choose to vary the menu in the scrum club to include more low cost basics.

What I do know a bit about is costing and pricing. Why do people think theyíre necessarily linked in any formal way? The majority of businesses Iíve been involved in take costing very seriously indeed, to ensure that they know the minimum price they need to achieve. They then forget about costing, and get on with pricing.

And pricing is all about what the market will bear. As I pass the concession outlets behind the east stand they usually seem to have queues. This suggests to me that they know enough about pricing strategy as they need to.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 23:22
Sense at last!

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 10:50
Quote:
Oscar Wilde ~ Lady Windermere's Fan

Cecil Graham: What is a cynic?
Lord Darlington: A man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
Cecil Graham: And a sentimentalist, my dear Darlington, is a man who sees an absurd value in everything and doesnít know the market price of any single thing.

Have always found the on-site cooked steak pie etc. from the 'NW corner' good value, given the constraints of large event catering (in fact Mrs A positively looked forward to it).

I suspect the problem with perceived value will be when looking for something at a lower price - and that is where 'overheads' distort the value.

The simplest analogy is the 'value' in a bottle of wine where the fixed costs (duty, packaging & logistics) are almost £4 a bottle. Which means that, taking VAT into account (how come we pay tax on a tax?), choosing a bottle at £5 rather than £7.50 reduces the 'value' of your wine by 75% - compared with the 'price' reduction of only 33%

Vinonomics

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 14:36
Generally venues charge a pitch fee and % of takings at events...

SimonG19
SimonG19 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 17:14
Take your own.

Simple.

Moyles
Moyles (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 17:44
Warriors charge a percentage of takings. 25 to be precise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/11/2017 11:58 by Moyles.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 09:05
Football stadia. Yet another captive point for the punter and the concession.

The latest Cost of Football report has just been issued.

Just looking at a Programme, Pie, Cup of Tea, replica kit, (ignoring ticket prices) it is interesting to see that the football fan doesn't seem to be badly charged, given the justification for £3,30 chips on here, even by Prem clubs.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

TVM Rides Again....Again
16 November, 2017 12:19
A brief scan and it all seems much of a much between football and rugby

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net